Thread: The Fairy Tales Of Yong Chun

Default The Fairy Tales Of Yong Chun

I’m at present watching this series “Fairy Tales For Yong Chun” . The cast consists of Hu Bing, Huang Yi, Bao Jian Feng, Li Hua, Dong Chun Hui, Liu Jia Yue and Lu Shi Yu.

It is rather enjoyable. When I first bought it, I didn’t know what it was all about but the cover looked interesting so I decided to give it a try. I nearly gave up after the first disc because it had a lot of slapstick humour . Luckily I continued and after that got hooked because of the very likeable characters and the interesting storyline. It is about two rival transport companies during the end of the Qing dynasty. Love the three main leads ( hero, heroine and 2nd hero).There is as usual the main bad guy who is someone you would love to hate. The fighting sequences – the heroine is very good at martial arts, are rather good. There is also some sweet romance. This series surely grows on one. Hope the ending will be happy without many main characters dying. Anyone interested to comment on it ?
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-08-11 at 01:47 AM.

This is "Qiang Qiang Er Nu Dao Jiang Hu", right? I'm interested in watching this series sometime for Bao Jian Feng. Does he have a lot of screentime? I'm guessing he's the 2nd hero?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Lady Zhuge,

Yes, Bao Jian Feng is the 2nd hero and he does have quite a lot of screen time. The version I have is in Cantonese. The three leads are involved in a love triangle - both Hu Bing and Bao Jian Feng are in love with the heroine. Bao Jian Feng is the son of the richest man in town. He is spoilt and only knows how to waste his father's money.

Although he is lazy and rather dumb, his character is indeed very likeable. I like the way he shows his concern and love for the heroine and is kind to a poor beggar. He turns over a new leaf after recovering from being shot and becomes more responsible.The scenes which depict his relationship with his father are endearing. I'm beginning to like him more than the hero!

I've got three more discs to go. Hope the ending is a happy one.

Thanks for the info and your comments, Alicia. I just know I'm going to love Bao Bao's character more than Hu Bing's too.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")