Thread: some qns about HSDS

Default some qns about HSDS

juz some qns about it...
    who was the one dat injured Yu daiyan... ummn... not referring to Yin susu but the guys dat waut under Wudang mountain and broke his joints?
    What was the cause of the battle at guang ming din?
    How come zhao min noe about so many things e.g. zzr was the one that injured zhang wu ji? so i think the HSDS 2003 version was quite gd in explaining this part and made it sounds so logical
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Zhi Zhu
    juz some qns about it...
    who was the one dat injured Yu daiyan... ummn... not referring to Yin susu but the guys dat waut under Wudang mountain and broke his joints?
    What was the cause of the battle at guang ming din?
    How come zhao min noe about so many things e.g. zzr was the one that injured zhang wu ji? so i think the HSDS 2003 version was quite gd in explaining this part and made it sounds so logical
    1. One of Zhao Min's lackeys - Ah Er.
    2. The "righteous" sects wanted to annihilate the Ming Cult.
    3. Don't remember...... she's smart?

The 2003 one was the adaption using Su You Peng?

In the adaption it was Chengkun who used Shaolin golden (diamond) finger
    In the actual novel, it was Ah 3 (Zhaomin's servant who challenged Z3F on Wudang)

In the adaption the cause of the battle was Mie Jue seeking support/revenge against the Yang Xiao led Ming cult. It appeared to directly triggered off by Zhaomin (which is stupid as how this particular incident blew the fuse whereas relentless attack on Er Mei by Ming for 10 years didnt bring much).

In the novel, this was masterplanned by Chengkun seeking to destroy Ming cult. (also in adaption, but chengkun appeared to want to blow up everyone including his employer Zhaomin, and whY??)

Zhaomin is intelligent. If she knew she didnt do it and that ZWJ, XX couldnt have, Yin Li being dead, the only remaining person is ZZR.

On the contrary, i think HSDS 2003 did this part poorly, and lacked logic (and the portrayal of the JY's novel was poor on the whole). First by showing it, the plot lacked suspense and attraction. And how did ZZR randomly slicing Heaven sword managed only scar YinLi's face, and how did YinLi appeared dead after such an attack when she was perfectly fine before? How come they were able to build a raft before when Zhaomin was there, and had to wait for a passingby boat after she left?

Sorry to go off topic rantings, but HSDS 2003 was a huge disappointment, the plot didnt make sense/illogical. It seemed they spent too much on actors and too little on everything else.

Smile On the contrary, i think HSDS 2003 did this part poorly, and lacked logic (and the po

While it might have its flaws, it did give explanations on the loopholes within the plot.... e.g. Why did the Battle at guang min din started? HSDS 2003 shows it was due to the manipulation of zm which expalins why she noe zzr was the one dat injured zwj at the battle. The novel doesn't seem to expalin it... So the version was gd in piecing up the plotlines...

That's not really a loophole - it's like GJ vs YG, JY doesnt state who's better, rather its up to the reader themselves to decide. In fact the explanation given in HSDS 2003 does not actually fit with JY's novel.

For a start the battles were in a hall not a large plain surrounded by cliff faces. It's unlikely that ZM would manage to sneak in/be close enough to view the battle. Most likely ZM heard the battle from Chengkun lying on the ground than seeing it first hand.

The novel doesnt have to explain everything - or else it would be boring (like HSDS2003). Its up to the reader sometimes to piece everything together and think ahead.

On the topic of that battle on Ming peak - how disappointing where the fight scenes? It seems the whole HSDS2003 tried to get as little fighting as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Xin Zhi Zhu
    While it might have its flaws, it did give explanations on the loopholes within the plot.... The novel doesn't seem to expalin it... So the version was gd in piecing up the plotlines...
    Are you sure? The novel (at least where the 2nd edition is concerned) does have its failings, but they are minor compared to the mangled series that has been passed off for JY's HSDS. The script changed the novel in too many places, so the explanations that it eventually gave would naturally be plugging its own loopholes (and thus, mangling the whole thing further) instead of contributing to the overall coherency of JY's original work.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Are you sure? The novel (at least where the 2nd edition is concerned) does have its failings, but they are minor compared to the mangled series that has been passed off for JY's HSDS. The script changed the novel in too many places, so the explanations that it eventually gave would naturally be plugging its own loopholes (and thus, mangling the whole thing further) instead of contributing to the overall coherency of JY's original work
    Really? substantiate... with e.g i mean

Er where to start?

The beginning with Ji Xiao Fu was changed considerably - probably just to give the actress and Yang Xiao's actor more screen time. There story changed everything. And parts of it was well...flawed - why would Mie Jue attack Eagle Clan backed up with only 3 disciples. Why would one of the disciples go back by herself to steal back the sword?

Instead of being on a boat when attacked by the persians, ZWJ and co were stranded on Goldie's island. Some how when Xiao Zhao left as the cult leader, she was not considerate enough to leave them a boat. Hence they constructed one themselves - but could not repeat the process when Zhaomin left on the initial one.

A lack of back up actors - wudang 7 xia became 'wudang 5 xia', lack of kong generation monks, no hua shan elders, no kunlun leader's wife - quite few secondary characters were deleted, yet they invented 2 characters just for Zhaomin. This part was not well done and introduced more flaws.

There are much more. If you read the novel why watching, you will see how bad it is.

Nothing quite butchers the story as bad as the Jet Li version. Although it had redeeming factors in Samo's Z3F (funniest Z3F ever), the fighting (hey its Jet Li) and the cutest Xiao Zhao ever.