Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, which is the worst MediaCorp/TCS drama you've seen?

is the new fu lu shou drama really that good? It just looked too much like those cheesy periods TCS have been doing with all those fancy CGI which is why I haven't bothered to catch it yet. Personally, I prefer serious periods.

Fu Lu Shou's ok for me, so far the story seems to be acceptable.
    Yea the CGI effects for Fu Lu Shou is made by the same guy who made the CGI for Shi Zhi Chen Long, i don't know it's english name.

fu lu shou is quite nice actually.. lighthearted and really suitable for the holiday period... i enjoyed it actually

Quote Originally Posted by YummYYummY
    Yea so you're not local then why the hell you care about us commenting on their acting abilities? It's called commenting, we are NOT stating facts, we are only stating OPINIONS, so really grow up.
    This shows that singaporeans are not proud enough...

As my cousin had said...

Well.... If u prefer dat way????

Anyway, Who is up to msn??
    秦朝誓言天為証,不能同生願同死,千秋萬世永不變

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmaxiaoling

As my cousin had said...

We are not proud enough, in the first place, there really isn't much of us to be proud of.

As for the rest of your reply, it dosen't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    As far as bad family oriented dramas go, Portraits of Home definitely takes the cake of being the lamest and stupidest. However, I am glad to say that recently the 7pm slot had been taken up by a period drama. I did not really watch the show, but from the snippets that I had seen, it's infinitely better that PoH. Could it be because majority of the cast are not Singaporeans??
    I thought Holland V was a pirated version of A Kindred Spirit.
    Then I thought Double Happiness was a pirated version of Holland V. Then came the pirated version of Double Happiness O_O

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    I thought Holland V was a pirated version of A Kindred Spirit.
    Then I thought Double Happiness was a pirated version of Holland V. Then came the pirated version of Double Happiness O_O
    And a kindred spirit is a pirated version of days of our lives XD.

As my cousin had said...

i think u are a bit looney... or did MC pay u to speak for them in the forum

She's right, we OWNING UNSTOPPABLE FIRST BLOOD DOUBLE KILL OWNING !!

WE are invincible, UNSTOPPABLE !!! WE ARE LEGENDS. WE ARE HEROES !!! WE ARE OWNING UNSTOPPABLE FIIIRST BLOOD !!!

ANYWAY, THE CASE HAS BEEN PUT TO REST ALREADY, LETS NOT BRING IT UP UNLESS maxiaoling GOES AT IT AGAIN.

Sorry for the caps, guess Im a bit looney too.

Quote Originally Posted by YummYYummY
    And a kindred spirit is a pirated version of days of our lives XD.
    Oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    Oh dear.
    Why oh dear

As my cousin had said...

There is nothing for us to be proud of... ...
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

Aiyo! Calm down.....
    Forget about time, you will never get old forget about fate he can never surpass us.

i think ALL their dramas are total crap. and the scriptwriters should all be given 2 tight slaps and then fired.

all the dramas on MC all no substance. anyone agree?? they're so unlike TVB ones where there is a focus, and plenty of substance. their stories run deeper and always always have a focus. MC should seriously learn from them...

I don't think ALL MCS dramas are crap, I actually enjoyed quite a few of them in the past. However, I do think that their standard has been dropping rapidly in recent years. I wouldn't say all TVB dramas are great either, there are many that were well written, there were also some that were no good.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkxpider
    i think ALL their dramas are total crap. and the scriptwriters should all be given 2 tight slaps and then fired.

all the dramas on MC all no substance. anyone agree?? they're so unlike TVB ones where there is a focus, and plenty of substance. their stories run deeper and always always have a focus. MC should seriously learn from them...
    MC's standard is really nothing compared to TVB, but there are still some exceptional films which i enjoyed ^^, don't condemn them based on the fact that the majority of dramal serials they produced are crap, give them some chance and maybe we'll check our perspective XD.

I'm very proud, I'm very proud, in fact I'm very arrogant!!!
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

MCS used to be decent in the past ... when they focused on the storyline and catered to different genres (horror, supernatural, action, romance, etc)

Now, they seem to go for draggy drama serials that triple the screen time with half the content ... Certainly a change of company strategy here. Have they replaced the board with a bunch of monkeys? Have they (the monkeys) been watching "Days of Our Lives" in excess?

And the central theme of all dramas for the next millenia is "love"... It is crucial in business to focus on your strengths and avoid your weaknesses. I don't know about MCS's strengths, but it is certainly avoiding its weakness - plot generation. For all we know, we may be watching the Modified "Days of Our Lives" (Edition No. 666) ... And don't get me started on the variety shows, they always seem to be about getting people to stand for election for something ...

And MCS loves milking ideas dry ... (Think all the competitions that began with "Super XXX")

And do they seriously think that they can make up for crappy storylines by
    (a) bringing in Hong Kong and China talents and
    (b) filming abroad
    Just one look at these joint productions tells me that they have contributed their style to the scripts - and made them lame and stupid ... Can't they just leave these stuff to the professionals?

I happen to love drama serials about love. Mediacorp has done well in this aspect, though they are not the most romantic, at least it's not sappy like Korean drama and melodramatic like taiwanese idol drama serials. I think TVB shows are going downhill too. I don't like them as much now. HAHA. Mo “Tan Yuan”, to catch the uncatchable is not bad tho.
    magic is something science hasn't made boring!

Quote Originally Posted by Mo “Tan Yuan”
    MCS used to be decent in the past ... when they focused on the storyline and catered to different genres (horror, supernatural, action, romance, etc)

Now, they seem to go for draggy drama serials that triple the screen time with half the content ... Certainly a change of company strategy here. Have they replaced the board with a bunch of monkeys? Have they (the monkeys) been watching "Days of Our Lives" in excess?

And the central theme of all dramas for the next millenia is "love"... It is crucial in business to focus on your strengths and avoid your weaknesses. I don't know about MCS's strengths, but it is certainly avoiding its weakness - plot generation. For all we know, we may be watching the Modified "Days of Our Lives" (Edition No. 666) ... And don't get me started on the variety shows, they always seem to be about getting people to stand for election for something ...

And MCS loves milking ideas dry ... (Think all the competitions that began with "Super XXX")

And do they seriously think that they can make up for crappy storylines by
    (a) bringing in Hong Kong and China talents and
    (b) filming abroad
    Just one look at these joint productions tells me that they have contributed their style to the scripts - and made them lame and stupid ... Can't they just leave these stuff to the professionals?

There's just an overkill with local competition, Campus Super Star, Super Host, Star idol and Super Band.

However bringing in overseas shows hosted by Jacky Wu or other popular host like Zhang Fei is really enjoyable, i catch them every saturday and sunday without fail XD.