Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: In your opinion, who is the worst Mediacorp/TCS artiste, in terms of acting?

Default In your opinion, who is the worst Mediacorp/TCS artiste, in terms of acting?

This should be easier to answer than the worst drama serial question.... Cos unlike bad drama shows, which will finally come to an end, bad acting from the same actor will continue to haunt us for a long time.

Personally i think Julian Hee... he's the worst actor since Robin Leong and Benedict Goh. He has the same expression for everything. Kinda like Terence Cao.

Girls-wise, I have to say Joanne Peh. I know she's the IT-girl, she's book-smart and all that, but really if you notice her acting....cannot make it lah...

There was this NKF show where Julian Hee and Joanne Peh acted as lovers and they were breaking up in a scene. That scene was the best example of the worst acting i saw in recent years.

hmmm... actually i cannot think of any ppl with bad acting skills... It's partly because of the script too...
    anyway, personally i dislike fiona xie...
    more to come later cannot think of any right now
    Zhang JunBao--->WuDang

I think the MC artistes are alright acting wise, nothing spectacular, but nothing outright bad as well. I am bias against some, but that's just me... at least they don't make me cringe as much as those wannabe Taiwanese actors/actresses in various idol dramas.

originally posted by Beansprout
    I am bias against some, but that's just me... at least they don't make me cringe as much as those wannabe Taiwanese actors/actresses in various idol dramas.
    Like? Yup i think the Julian Hee and joanne peh's acting is quite stiff as well.. and terence cao..
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE

Fiona Xie - I don't think she's a good actress, her voice is oh-so-irritating and she's banking in on her looks (boobs as well) only.

Joanne Peh - She's not really that pretty, but somehow MC seems to make a deal out of her, with tags like the up-and-coming ah jie and such.

Tay Ping Hui - He has a 'qian bian' face.

Can't really think of many offhand, will post again when I think of more...

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Fiona Xie - I don't think she's a good actress, her voice is oh-so-irritating and she's banking in on her looks (boobs as well) only.

Joanne Peh - She's not really that pretty, but somehow MC seems to make a deal out of her, with tags like the up-and-coming ah jie and such.

Tay Ping Hui - He has a 'qian bian' face.

Can't really think of many offhand, will post again when I think of more...
    I also think Fiona Xie can't act and can't host.

She always act cute using her screeching voice and always have jokes revolving around her assets.

Kinda sick of it.

Most of the Big Muscle man that Mediacock seem to adore are horrible actors:

Tay Ping Pui--- He has the physique of a leading actor, but the charisma & acting skill of a kah-leh-feh

Ix Shen--- The most suitable role for him is one of the bronze man of the Shaolin 18 bronze man

Allan Wu & Vincent Ng are also horrible...

Even the older, more experienced actors like Terence Cao & Chew Chor Meng dun show much improvement & depth aft so many yrs..
    One nice show The Reuion was a rather well-scripted, TVB drama-like show which was marred by the lousy acting of the 3 leads--- Tay Ping Hui, Terence & Chew... when i watched that show, i always wondered how it'll be better if the cast is some better HK actors..

juz rem one and i think all will agree.... Michelle Saram!

Thought of another one....Ericia Lee! Can't host, can't act... she's rather talentless, really. And i think she's not pleasant to look at, which makes watching her shows even harder.

The media seems only interested in her boobs and her relationship with Ix Shen. never heard any media commenting on her acting skills, etc.

Ann Poh was the worst for me

Quote Originally Posted by janlow
    Thought of another one....Ericia Lee! Can't host, can't act... she's rather talentless, really. And i think she's not pleasant to look at, which makes watching her shows even harder.

The media seems only interested in her boobs and her relationship with Ix Shen. never heard any media commenting on her acting skills, etc.
    sort of agree. she's just so-so in everything she does.

Worse for me would be Fiona Xie also, her voice is kinda irritating.
    i guess thats why she didn't win the newcomer award last year in star awards.

none in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexFongCS
    Ann Poh was the worst for me
    Can she even be considered to be an actress?

Angry

Can ur be more considerate?? I noe a variety of artiste. Well,My uncle's niece is
    Ix's gf. I might just call her and tell her u r badmouthing her bf. Ix gf is also a actress.
    秦朝誓言天為証,不能同生願同死,千秋萬世永不變

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmaxiaoling
    Can ur be more considerate?? I noe a variety of artiste. Well,My uncle's niece is
    Ix's gf. I might just call her and tell her u r badmouthing her bf. Ix gf is also a actress.
    Then call her lor, what's she going to do? Tell her boyfriend to torture us with more bad acting on television?

I call her to tell repoeters about it.
    秦朝誓言天為証,不能同生願同死,千秋萬世永不變

Quote Originally Posted by Iluvmaxiaoling
    I call her to tell repoeters about it.
    this is the way forums work, buddy. if we're gg to get sued for stuff we post, then there might as while not be any forums on the internet, no movie or music reviews in the world...

anyway i've yet to read about any artiste complaining to reporters about stuff they read on forums. if they can't take comments, then they can't be artistes. it's part of the job.

contrary to what u may believe, local media laws do have some leeway where public opinion is concerned. we're not going to be sued just cos we said something u don't like to hear. be more accomadating to differing opinions.

Haha, who cares?
    Besides, their acting do suck. Ix Shen can't act, and neither can Erica Lee, and many others.

Originally Posted by Iluvmaxiaoling
    Oh yeah? i tot this is a forum for people to express their views... Language is reflective of our attitude towards their acting (Is it even acting?)... GD!! since u noe them, tell them that we are IRRITATED AND PISSED OFF by their shows and acting, and tell MEDIACRAP about how we feel... HA, u expect us to shrink? then tell reporters and wateva... we are not afraid or crying mummy... If fact is fact, what's wrong with voicing it? TELL THEM!
    I love the golden 80s period of TVB!!!
    Michael Miu + Barbara Yung = MOST FAV COUPLE