Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: In your opinion, who is the worst Mediacorp/TCS artiste, in terms of acting?

To be fair, most of the actors in Singapore actors can't really act well. One glance at them you know they are acting. They can't really get into the act and play the role well except for Li Nanxing, Chew Chor Meng, Christopher Lee, Chen Hanwei who are much professional in this area.

This is the place where i think we can comment on how the actor/actress fare on the screen and its a rather straightforward kind of forum. If anybody cannot take straightforwardness, then i think this forum is not for you. We won't go around sucking up to one and another in forums like this. What is written here i think is directly straight from our hearts and how we feel. Nothing wrong rite???

I think part of the problem is that the directors in Spore actually accept sloppy work.

If you notice, most of the HK actresses, when they started off were not very good either. The difference is, within a few series, there's usually a mark improvement in acting skills.

It's like, if you are in the company of good actors, and competition is great enough, you naturally have to step up your act fast (unless you have backing).

In spore's case, since the majority are bad actors to begin with, the new ones do not have to try very hard. . And if you are the kind that could act quite "naturally", you'll stand out like a sore thumb, since over-acting is the norm. So in time you have to succumb to the pressure and act like the rest.
    Last edited by cordycep; 03-01-08 at 05:16 AM.

Actually, i don't like any of them. They can't be compared to the Hongkong actor and actress and the shows they film are not my cup of tea unlike the Hongkong, Korean and Japanese series.

Quote Originally Posted by Caramel_Frappacino View Post
    This is the place where i think we can comment on how the actor/actress fare on the screen and its a rather straightforward kind of forum. If anybody cannot take straightforwardness, then i think this forum is not for you. We won't go around sucking up to one and another in forums like this. What is written here i think is directly straight from our hearts and how we feel. Nothing wrong rite???
    Who are you replying this to?

Quote Originally Posted by cordycep View Post
    I think part of the problem is that the directors in Spore actually accept sloppy work.

If you notice, most of the HK actresses, when they started off were not very good either. The difference is, within a few series, there's usually a mark improvement in acting skills.

It's like, if you are in the company of good actors, and competition is great enough, you naturally have to step up your act fast (unless you have backing).

In spore's case, since the majority are bad actors to begin with, the new ones do not have to try very hard. . And if you are the kind that could act quite "naturally", you'll stand out like a sore thumb, since over-acting is the norm. So in time you have to succumb to the pressure and act like the rest.
    Maybe you are right. Do the directors yelled at those actors/actresses who does poorly but are favoured by the management? We can only imagine.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

It is a sad state of circumstances at Mediacorp, but I really hope they set up a division for producing more quality work which can be exported overseas. One that showcase our home-grown stars and not just collaborations with only a couple of our stars.

Shows from Korea, China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Japan have occupied our markets. Why can't we package our stars more and influence regional markets?

It's sad that most of our actors and actresses can't speak English as well, although Singapore prides ourselves in bilingual excellency. Chinese and Hong Kong actresses/actors who can't speak English can make it into Hollywood, yet our actors who know both languages can't.

i prefer the older dramas.. theres one starring ivy lee at the moment..in the morning (9 am or someting?) regarding sg during japanese colony/reign..huang wenyong act as her adoptive father.
    i do miss the older dramas..so many good stars.. why nowadays everyone only want watch the new ones
    not watching anything specific at the moment.

Visit my blog
    Visit June's blog

Love Chen Qiao En, June Tsai, Chen Jingxuan, Eelyn Kok, Shu Chang, and many others

Thumbs down

FOR ME SINGAPORE ACTOR AND ACTRESS ARE SUCK MEN .... ALTHOUGHT I'M A SINGAPOREAN. I 4444444444444EVER WILL NOT NOT NOT NOT SUPPORT MEDIACORPSE .... 44444444444444444444444444444444444444EVER SUPPORT(TVB) AND (HK)<3
    SINGAPORE ACTOR AND ACTRESS ARE SO SUCK PLS LA BACK UP LEH EVERYTIME GIVE STUPID DRAMA . SOMETIME EVEN WORST ... SINGAPORE ACTOR AND ACTRESS DUN KNOW HOW ACT STILL ONE ACT GO HOME SLEEP LA . EVERYTIME PRODUCE LAME DRAMA IF NOT COPY HK DRAMA . I REMENBER ONETIME I SAW SINGAPORE DRAMA WHICH IS A POLICE DRAMA IT WAS DAMM **** UP . EVERYTHING COPY FROM TVB . SINGAPORE PLS LA USE OTHER IDEAL MEN .... BEST WORD FOR SINGAPORE . COPY CAT . EVERYTHING COPY COPY ....SINGAPORE SUCK NOTHING IN SINGAPORE IS GOOD ... HATE ALL SINGAPORE ACTOR AND ACTRESS