Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What is the scariest movie you ever watched?

Quote Originally Posted by pemberly View Post
    i watched the hills have eyes today, and even though it wasn't scary, it made me rack my brain trying to think of the scariest movie i've ever seen. I've seen a lot of disturbing ones, but I can't really say that I've been really scared by any of them. maybe i'm jaded...or just weird.

So, what are the scariest movies you've ever seen, and what made them scary for you? And did you watch them in theatres or at home?
    I used to get scared by scary movies, but after a while I get used to it.

I avoid to watch horror movie like bellamia and patricia_n.
    I have seen the Ju-on (Jap) a few years and it scarred me to death. I couldn't go to dark places alone and always took my little sister with me. I vowed never to watch horror movie again, especially Jap one.
    "Big Hero Linghu kills frogs with the Dugu Nine Swords!”

Wonder has anyone watch an old movie called "Salem's Lot". Watch it when I was very young, on video: the image of a boy floating outside a window, still stays with me now!

And of course Exorcist: Linda Blair on the bed, really scary

Quote Originally Posted by bellamia View Post
    I don't like scary movies and I usually don't watch them. Though, the one that really freaked me out was the "Ring." I suffered many sleepless nights after watching the first part. Every since then, I vowed never to see another scary movie again, alone or with other people. Now, every time I see The_One's avatar, it reminds me of that traumatized experience.
    The original japanese version? I think the Hollywood version is comical

I have watched both. The_One's avatar shuold belong to the Hollywood version.
    Last edited by remember_Cedric; 03-21-08 at 01:26 AM.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

on the subject of Ghosts, here's a ghost caught in a picture. Can you see it in the door? Look hard, you can make out a shilouwet.(sp? who cares! haha)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ogakira/ghost.gif')
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

I see that, I see that LOL. At a glance, she has a resemblance of Wen Bixia (HK actress), to me. Don't ask me why... I just thought so Oh Wen is pretty, so is that ghost.
    What can I say? I'm still standing! No weapon against me shall prosper! I am more than a conqueror!!!

I don't care to sit by the window on an airplane. If I can't control it, why look?

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

i dont see the ghost

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    i dont see the ghost
    keep looking baby. say like 60 sec. or so.
    Due to several complaints, I will stop using the terms "Babe" and "Baby" in reference to our female counterpart. They will now be replaced with "B*tch."

SPCNET Karaoke Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    i dont see the ghost
    Yes, there's one. Keep looking at the door

Quote Originally Posted by oGaKirA View Post
    on the subject of Ghosts, here's a ghost caught in a picture. Can you see it in the door? Look hard, you can make out a shilouwet.(sp? who cares! haha)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j131/ogakira/ghost.gif')
    lol what bs
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

lol, i see it i see it!!

Most asian horror movies is scarier than american movies. Thats why they are making remakes of asian movies. The Grudge, The Ring, The Eye, and Shutter.

I really hate the horror movie

had to be Dark Water(original, not hollywood version) for me

I've never felt scared watching horror movies, no matter by whom they are made, Asians or Americans. The ones that came closest to scaring me are Saw I and Saw II, in fact they are movies that disgust you rather than scary ones. I remember the first time I watched Saw I & II, I had to stop eating dinner.
    Last edited by World Peace; 04-12-08 at 07:58 PM.
    You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one,
    I hope some day you will join us, and the world will be as one!

To me, scary movies are the ones that deal with the supernatural. Until today, i still think "The eye" tops the list.

Remember the scene in the elevator. Since then, I have never felt comfortable when I am alone in the elevator. Also, I am not too much of a horror fan myself. I endure it, because my wife insist that I watch them with her. Probably, to act a punching bag or somebody for her to squeeze when she gets excited.

Scenes that stick in my mind from horror movies also bother me when I am alone in the hotel room and I travel quite a bit. I am not that superstitious, but my aunt insists that I flip a pair of shoes (one up and one down) in front of the bed to keep these things at bay. I still do it nowadays when I travel but the best is to go back to the room when you are high/drunk. Works every time!

Call me chicken or whatever, I definitely don't want to see "them".
    I am a pessimist, but I think people like me!

Hmm maybe Wolf Creek and Shutters?

Faces of Death. I couldn't watch past the first 5 minutes. This film is ban in a few countries around the world. It's outright disgusting.
    Dragon2005

There's this movie called "Wo Hu" about, what else, triads. And more specifically, about infighting in a triad between Julien Cheung and Jordan Chan on one side, and Eric Tsang and Francis Ng on the other.

Anyway, there's a scary subplot involving romance between Tsang's character and Former Ms. HK Sonia Kwok's character. Basically in the middle of the night Tsang is wandering the streets and comes across Kwok, who is decorating a store, alone. So he knocks on the window and helps her out with where to put this and that. She then comes out and hits on him. They exchange numbers and start flirting with text messages. He starts calling in his boyz to whack some random bums and she is like hey look over there! Flowers! Totally oblivious. He gets killed outside her store literally 10 feet away from her, and she's checking out the wallpaper in the store.

He's short, annoying, and ugly triad boss. She is tall, cute, and apparently has the mind of a 5 year old.

It was pretty scary.

Other than the unintentionally scary romance subplot above, this movie actually had a memorable scene. Julien visits his mom, who appears to have Alzheimers, at a seniors care center. Francis shows up behind him and hacks Julien to pieces in front of his mom. The actress who plays his mom was just so great. She never utters a single word and appears in only 2 scenes in the movie, but she easily delivers the best acting I have ever seen out of a HK actor (seriously). I don't know her name but she must've been a good actress in her day.

---------

PS, the Eye wasn't scary at all. That scene in the elevator was so funny. Notice that the dude was both hanging AND had a friggin hole in his face, like he was worried he wouldn't die through hanging, so he shot himself in the face too as he stepped off the stool to kill himself 2x. LOL!
    Last edited by flyingfox2002; 05-05-08 at 10:09 PM.
    This account is retired.

The Exorcist was really the scariest for me. I dont want to see it. Even if I'm with a friend I still get really scared. I think that girl was going to get me or something.
    Zhong Xia Ye Zhi Xing
    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
    Memories began to wither around me
    Couldn't revive the picture
    that was moving before