Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What is the scariest movie you ever watched?

As some of you mentioned earlier "IT" was really scary. The thing that made it scary was the clown could appear at anytime to get you. I haven't seen the first movie of "The Ring" but I saw the 2nd one, it was scary too, not the director's cut that was just long and boring. The other version was fast and the thing got people really fast and again with magically appearing to get people.

The Grudge is the only one of them I actually saw in theaters but it wasn't as scary as the other ones. Scary thing mostly stuck to that one house so it didn't appear out of nowhere to get people that much. Of course I only saw the American version of The Ring and The Grudge so I don't know, the Japanese versions (originals) might be scarier. Chucky from Child's Play was more disgusting then scary for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Xia-ya View Post
    The Exorcist was really the scariest for me. I dont want to see it. Even if I'm with a friend I still get really scared. I think that girl was going to get me or something.
    Yup, me too that's the scariest movie I've watched 'coz up to now that I've grown up, I can still remember it..

Quote Originally Posted by bach_ngoc17 View Post
    As some of you mentioned earlier "IT" was really scary. The thing that made it scary was the clown could appear at anytime to get you.
    Yeah, I know what you mean it's not visually scary, but pyschologically scary. M Knight Shamalyan has made some movies that are like that.
    "You can't make the world come out right just because you want it that way."

after all these years, it is still The Ring.

Can't choose just one - but I think that (among others) The Thing, House By The Cemetery, Dead End, Ringu or Session 9 would be on the list...
    别想把黑暗放在我的面前
    太阳已经生长在我心底
    不再有封闭的畏惧
    奔腾的灵魂飞上天际
    太阳 我在这里

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I second that. The ring was really freaky.

I also thought Exorcist III was really scary. The most scariest movie in the Exorcist series of movies. It's based on the novel "Legion".

VERY difficult to choose one. So many scared me. To be honest though, most these days don't scare me at all. I think from watching so many horrors as of late, I've become 'immune' to anything scary. Now, that doesn't mean I don't jump or scream, but 'immune' in the sense that after watching them, I rarely have trouble sleeping. The scenes don't stay in my mind, and I never think about them after wards. When I was younger, I was PETRIFIED of anything remotely supernatural/scary.

Some of the memorable ones I've seen are

- The Descent
    - The Craft
    - Dawn of the Dead (original version)
    - 28 Days Later
    - Audition
    - The Shining

Oh, and of the more recent horror, Drag me to Hell was quite entertaining (had some humor which was quite refreshing )

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej View Post
    I can totally imagine her crawling out of the TV and then someone kneeing her in the head and then pulling and stretching the poor girl's hair. "Mum, the TV's LEAKING!'

Quote Originally Posted by remember_Cedric View Post
    I thought "28 weeks later" would be a scary one but, no. It's touching, sad and totally running your emotions like a roller-coaster ride. There's alot of hidden messages in that movie, not just another "plague" movie. That's IMO.
    I found it scary but also had an apocalyptic feel to it. Loved the actress who played Selana.

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck21 View Post
    After watching The Exorcist, I tucked deep into my blanket and was scared to go to the bathroom.
    Only saw a bit of Exorcist. Didn't really have an impact on me. I wonder why. (Maybe I shouldn't have seen the parody in Scary movie first!)

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Stephen King's IT

I'm scarred for life - even Ronald's pics at McDonald give me the creeps.
    I have to see this one.
    Last edited by Sourplum; 04-14-10 at 12:12 AM.

Banned

I like to see scary movie so much and I saw many scary movies till today. My favorite scary movie is scary movie. When I saw this movie,on that night, I could not sleep. It was too horror movie.

Nightwatch (starring Ewan McGregor) was subtly and atmospherically scary, not over-the-top- but very effective...

i'm like sour plum, watch too many scary movies it doesn't scare me. i only watch the new ones because of the gore and see how the story goes. and usually they have hot actress in there so thats probably my only reason to watch em.

not to be mean or anything but i don't see why people are afraid of movies like paranormal activity etc?

movies in general aren't scary anymore, just the fact that it could be possible or theme,overall plot etc is what makes them scary.

like zombie movies, love em to death, but some reason it just doesn't scare me. if your loaded with arsenals like most movies, why be afraid? unless there some like resident evil or mutated zombie that is immune to bullets or something.

like sourplum said, i wasn't scare of ghost movie etc as a child, just the look of the monsters,ghouls, ghost is what probably just scared me. then now after watching those old movies its like, wow so cheesy and not even scary.

anyone mind recommending a good horror movie?

Confucius the movie starring Chow Yun Fat as Chow Yun Fat smirking away in faint imitation of kindly old man. One of the most useless movies ever produced in the East. The Fat Sausage Award goes to Zhou Xun for her nincompoop role in that movie. She existed to die with a bolt in her heart while day dreaming of having hot sex with Chow Yun Fat.