Thread: *{*Autumn Showers*}*가을 소나기~Gaeul Sonagi

Wink *{*Autumn Showers*}*가을 소나기~Gaeul Sonagi

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/5770/autumnshower4xw.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/8228/autumnshowertitlepix37ls3sk.jpg')

Starring at (starting from left) Kim So Yeon , Yeon-seo & OH JI HO

Autumn Showers began November 09, Wed-Thurs nights at 9:50p10:50p, on station LA 18. No Eng Subs.

Synopsis (unofficial):
    This is the story of two young women who are best friends. They both meet and like the same guy, but do not know they are both in love with the same person. When they do find out, one of the girls wants her friend to be happy, so she steps out of the picture.

The couple gets married and are in a traffic accident during their honeymoon. The bride goes into a coma, becoming a "vegetable" mentally. The groom takes her home and cares for her. Meanwhile, the bride's best friendstill secretly in love with the groomand the groom face a compromising dilemma.

Just got this information from a website:

http://com1.runboard.com/bcjkdramasi...iscussion.t133

I heard that there are no english subtitles yet. I think only 3 episodes went out so far. It's a new drama with 16 episodes. Can't wait for english subtitles to come out

Full site in Korean: http://www.imbc.com/broad/tv/drama/s...ast/index.html
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 11-29-05 at 08:12 PM.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Isn't this the series that flopped pretty badly w/ ratings in the 1-digits when it was broadcasted in Korea?
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    Isn't this the series that flopped pretty badly w/ ratings in the 1-digits when it was broadcasted in Korea?
    Only 3 episodes went out so I don't really know and I haven't watch it yet so.... But I like Kim So Yeon & Oh Ji Ho Do you know who are the main characters? Is it Kim So Yeon or Yeon-seo? Kim So Yeon right?
    -

Anybody have more infos on this ?
    -

Some pix

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/82/20050909/20050909175316007.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/c4/20050909/169198.jpg')

credit: soompi.com

And her name is Kim So Yeon- you got it right the first time

Yup, this is the series w/ the ridiculously low ratings- it was criticized for the storyline I believe.
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    Some pix

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/82/20050909/20050909175316007.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.news.yahoo.co.kr/picture/c4/20050909/169198.jpg')

credit: soompi.com

And her name is Kim So Yeon- you got it right the first time

Yup, this is the series w/ the ridiculously low ratings- it was criticized for the storyline I believe.
    Where did you get the pics? on soompi.com? Kim So Yeon is the leading actress righty
    -

Junior Member LittoShortyMe@yahoo.com's Avatar

is this series gonna have a happy ending? cause i'm watching parts of it now with no sb titles and its hard to comprehend what's happening. is there any place where i can look for episode summaries?

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    is this series gonna have a happy ending? cause i'm watching parts of it now with no sb titles and its hard to comprehend what's happening. is there any place where i can look for episode summaries?
    Up on the first post only ^ sorry
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36
    [URL=http://imageshack.us][IMG]The couple gets married and are in a traffic accident during their honeymoon. The bride goes into a coma, becoming a "vegetable" mentally. The groom takes her home and cares for her. Meanwhile, the bride's best friendstill secretly in love with the groomand the groom face a compromising dilemma.
    The groom then goes through a depressing stage and the best friend is by his side helping him out. Overwhelms with her love for him, she can't help but being there giving her all. Guilt eatens her as she's getting closer to her best friend's man. After a year, the husband and the best friend are deeply in love with each other. It paints the picture of "on the exterior, there's shyness but internally the root of love has sprouted vines and binds them forever." When they're about to express their true feelings, the bride wakes up living the days in the past. The two guilty souls then try to deny their own feelings. The groom is torned between his past love and the present love. Drama ensues. (Sorry I was just BSing. I couldn't help it. It's so similar to KGNE.)
    Last edited by Grifis; 12-21-05 at 11:55 PM.

LOL. You really got me there, Grifis. I was wondering, while reading your posts, no wonder they got such low rating. Such misery already, who the hell wants to watch it?

Although there are exceptional cases, like Winter Sonata flopping in Korea but taking off like a hurricane elsewhere, I don't think this one will make it elsewhere.

When a series is the biggest flop in 5 years, there has to be a good reason.

I downloaded this drama at Clubbox but I need subs? Can anyone help me please?
    -

-

Default Need spoilers

Is it true that the guy ended up alone...as in many morbidly depressing k-series?
    Wiki had some stats on this show. On the average it had 12+% viewership, the low % was less than 5.

Someone should tell those producers that crying and sad shows do not equate to depressing no-hoper ones.

Should I watch this?

I've just finished Damo and it was sad but wonderful in it's sadness ( sounds strange eh?). I watched an episode of autumn showers--- for the ex-comatosed woman to be all at sea, while others gave her pitying looks, the husband and best friend exchanging glances aiiiyaah did'nt look very promising. I hate stories about wishy washy men.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25
    Is it true that the guy ended up alone...as in many morbidly depressing k-series?
    Wiki had some stats on this show. On the average it had 12+% viewership, the low % was less than 5.

Someone should tell those producers that crying and sad shows do not equate to depressing no-hoper ones.

Should I watch this?

I've just finished Damo and it was sad but wonderful in it's sadness ( sounds strange eh?). I watched an episode of autumn showers--- for the ex-comatosed woman to be all at sea, while others gave her pitying looks, the husband and best friend exchanging glances aiiiyaah did'nt look very promising. I hate stories about wishy washy men.

Yes, the main lead actor end up alone, but I still like to watch because of the cast.

I've got a copy of autumn showers with the belief that it's a promising series, since the performers are quite popular. However, I stopped watching from episode 7, I think, I can no longer remember. It was when the wife was already comatose and her husband and best friend has some kind of an affair. I can't take that even if it is only a storyline.

Bella25, well it's all up to you if you want to give it a try, but there are a lot more promising series that can keep our precious time.

Default Given up

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle
    I've got a copy of autumn showers with the belief that it's a promising series, since the performers are quite popular. However, I stopped watching from episode 7, I think, I can no longer remember. It was when the wife was already comatose and her husband and best friend has some kind of an affair. I can't take that even if it is only a storyline.

Bella25, well it's all up to you if you want to give it a try, but there are a lot more promising series that can keep our precious time.

Thanks Riche, I 've decided not to watch it. That Schaivo or something case in the US is still fresh in my mind. It's tragic of course to be married to someone who's a living dead body but that's fate. I also have given up on 'one fine day' after the 9th episode.. another incestous relationship...eek. I am starting on tree of heaven, most likely another incestous (step-siblings are still siblings) relationship but I want to see how many ways the producers can come up with that theme.

Yea this wasn't a very enjoyable series. It gave me mixed feelings. Yeon-seo is first introduced and I had already fell for her. Then Kyu-eun is introduced but yet she ends up with the lead guy Yoon-jae. So Im still rooting for Yeon-seo. So movie coninues for a few episodes but the mood never really goes up or down or anything. It sort of just stay at a medium mood, no edge-of-your-seat suspense or irony really. Then...forbidden love, taboo. That kinda made me think less of Yeon-seo. heheheh To do that behind your friends back whiles she's down...that's a no-no! Well after Kyu-eun recovers...Yeon-seo just becomes sort of pathetic. Not making any rational choices etc. I dunno, maybe cuz it seems to me all the problems she brought onto herself. Same goes for the dude, Yoon-jae, he becomes pitiful not knowing which girl to choose etc. Then finally at the end...everyone just goes their own seperate ways? There were a few sad scenes but didn't make me teary. All through this whole movie, I just kept saying..."Oh what a tangle web we weave!!!" heheheh

I give it a 4/10

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlight_zero36 View Post
    Starring at (starting from left) Kim So Yeon , Yeon-seo & OH JI HO
    The other lead actress (Yeon Seo) is Jung Ryeo Won, who acted in "My Name is Kim Sam Soon" and "Which star Are you From". She did "Autumn Shower" after MNIKSS and before WSAYF I think. I heard she does quite well in this series though it's not popular or well-received at all and thus, it's quite a chore to find sites to watch it.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool