Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fashion 70's...

Default What happens?

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle
    In Smile Again series with Lee Dong Gun and Kim Hee Sun, the bad girl/guy didn't suffer much in the end. In fact, they redeemed themselves and were able start afresh in spite of what they did to make the lead stars miserable in the said drama. It is a feel good series.

How I wish I could write an episode guide, but it's quite tedious. I will just try to give some synopsis if you want too, just give me the title of the series, provided that I've already watched it.

The last few episodes were the correct speed for me, then the last one when they had the fashion competition, ohhhh help me. It was so draggy, with the two women grieving over the old woman. It looked like the father drank the poisoned drink Kang Hee was contemplating on drinking and she ended up in gaol? How did she die?

Quote Originally Posted by bella25
    The last few episodes were the correct speed for me, then the last one when they had the fashion competition, ohhhh help me. It was so draggy, with the two women grieving over the old woman. It looked like the father drank the poisoned drink Kang Hee was contemplating on drinking and she ended up in gaol? How did she die?
    Kang Hee was hanged as her punishment. Actually, the drink with poison was intended for her as she was contemplating suicide, but her foster father, sipped the wine to the end, while having their confrontation with each other, probably to gather his composure, without knowing that it was poisoned.

The fashion show at the end is not a competition, but produced by Du Mi as she was venturing into new line of clothings. If you notice, towards the end of the fashion show, there was a big picture of Kang Hee. Meaning that the fashion show was a way of tribute of Du Mi to her, in spite of everything.

The old woman was Kang Hee's birth mother, but Du Mi's guardian since she was found in the orphanage. She was not in her right mind when Du Mi found her hence she took upon herself to take care of her.

Hope I have enlightened you a bit about the said episodes.
    Last edited by Richelle; 08-04-06 at 03:27 AM.

Default Thank you

I got the relationship between the girls and the old woman. I read some where that she did'nt die and that Kang Hee wanted to die, so she did'nt fight the charges against her? I saw the fashion show episode, it looked like acompetition with the guests choosing the better design. I know that Duh Mi is the heroine but I can't help rooting for the underdogs, Bin and KH. They deserved better fates.

Thanks Richelle.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25
    I got the relationship between the girls and the old woman. I read some where that she did'nt die and that Kang Hee wanted to die, so she did'nt fight the charges against her? I saw the fashion show episode, it looked like acompetition with the guests choosing the better design. I know that Duh Mi is the heroine but I can't help rooting for the underdogs, Bin and KH. They deserved better fates.

Thanks Richelle.
    The competition between Kang Hee and Doe Mi was shown middle of the series. I think Kang Hee got votes higher than Doe Mi here. I like Bin's character also. At least he's consistent with his love for Doe Mi. The actor is the lead performer in Goodbye Solo. His character in this series is very endearing.

Welcome Bella25!

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    Wahh... it's listed as out of print from yesasia already. Is that for real? Isn't it just last year?

Anyways, ep 18-22 weren't as sweet as last week's eps but they were still enjoyable. Hightlight is DY's confrontation scene with his dad. The other one is when he embraced her before he left. With tears streaming down his cheeks, he kept repeating "I love you, I love you so much..."

I'm sure the performances from the other artists are great as well but I can't see them. I'm never so blind, my judgement is clouded and inclined. I've fallen deeper into the JJM obsession and can't seem to get out (not that I want to get out neither. ) Whenever I see him on screen, my eyeballs are fixed on target, my heart turns to mush and I'm weak in the knees. His smile becomes the most charming thing I've ever witnessed in my entire movies watching career. I also upgraded his status to 'possible stalk worthy' to a solid 'stalk worthy'. Now that speaks volume.
    Yes, Joo Jin Mo is one sexy man! Chun Jung Myung is not bad either. Although his face looks more like a kid when he smiles but dang...hahaha his torso and chest and everything is sooooooo stalk worthy as you say. Haha both Joo Jin Mo and Chun Jung Myung have such nice bods. I just want to go up to them and hug them! Hahaha.....so H-O-T-T HOTT men!

I always had the urge to slap Kang-Hee, she gets on my nerves whenever she acts all pitiful and crying just to get what she wants. She's really selfish.

Dong Young and DoMi (Joon Hee) were kept apart for quite a long time since they last met in the islands. You really get the feel that DM and Bin have more chemistry since they had more time with each other.

I want to slap Kang Hee 20 times to say hello and another 20 to say goodbye. I just can't stand her. No matter how pitiful her life is. She and her stupid emo-ness, who drinks poisoned wine to commit suicide? Such a chicken! People during those times slit their wrists or hang themselves. If you were smart, you wouldn't use poison to poison yourself, theres always accidents with poisoned wine, people who meant to drink it don't drink but the innocent person gets poisoned and dies. BAH!

Love the OST though. So far its a good series.....Bin's so cute and sexy!
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I'm at episode 16 already, when does the real Joon Hee un-repress her memory and remember who she is and reclaim her father and her place as his daugther? Seems to be taking forever for her to remember any bits or pieces of her memory.

My goodness.....where in the world do you find two women with similar gun shot wounds? Its like right in front of your eyes Dong Young. If you can't already piece it together. I don't know what to do with you cutiepie!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I don't understand why Doe-Mi keeps calling Dong Young, Ajushii (Mister) and not by his name! And they're suppose to be in love? Shouldn't She be calling him Oppa or Dong young sii or Dong young ah at least? Something more intimate than hey mister, mister. I love you mister.

I feel so sad for Binnie!

lolz... the girls always call the guy by "mister or boss"

DY told her to call him something else later too

DM will eventually realize it with DY's help (when he finally realizes it himself). It's actually pretty painful once things unwind.

Kang Hee's mom is the FAULT of EVERYTHING! She's one horrible mom. Lies upon lies! There are a lot of things that would never happen if it wasn't for this idiotic mother of Kang Hee. It all started the time she stole the pearl ring and later on Joon Hee would've gotten the chance to see her father again after the war if Kang Hee didn't want to get the pearl back. And then Kang Hee's mother kept the secret of her raising the real Joon Hee so her freaking emo daughter could live the rich life and not starve with her, while its all okay for someone else's daughter to be your daughter and starve with you. Freaking selfish woman!

Kang Hee's mother and Kang-Hee are one and the same selfish pieces of rubbish! They're the ones who create trouble for everyone else! Pisses me off! ARGH!

i thought the story was kinda lame though. hahaha i didnt like it

Quote Originally Posted by kittyknguyen
    i thought the story was kinda lame though. hahaha i didnt like it
    Actually, The drama seem to grab my interest somehow perhaps its the cast and their acting. And just to see how it all unravels and gets resolved. Lame would not be a word I describe it.

Edit:

OMG! I SO Hate Kang-Hee's mom! When JH's father came and asked where his daughter is, she just continued persistently denied ever meeting Joon Hee! WTF is wrong with this mad woman? The father already said that he'd allow Kang Hee and her to live at his house! JEEZ! Just tell him where his daughter is and who she is?! What is the freakin hell wrong with this freakin woman? Everybody would be happy in one big house, but you choose to prolong everyone's misery! I want her killed in the most violent and painful way! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 09-15-06 at 07:08 PM.

hahaha, i really totally enjoy reading your post Suet Seung, and at first, i thought or heard it was a good drama. but i ended up not liking it for several reasons. many reasons that you're angry about made me hate the drama. like i dont see what she was afraid of, the mom, when the dad already said that nothing would change, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by kittyknguyen
    hahaha, i really totally enjoy reading your post Suet Seung, and at first, i thought or heard it was a good drama. but i ended up not liking it for several reasons. many reasons that you're angry about made me hate the drama. like i dont see what she was afraid of, the mom, when the dad already said that nothing would change, etc.
    Well my hate for Kang Hee and her mom does not make me hate the drama over-all.

I just finished episode 19 or 20 where Dong Young and Bin are in HK and Bin is all bloody. Dong Young gets to go to a hospital and get operated on to save his life. What about Binnie? I hope they didn't decide to kill his character off or have him in a coma or have him have amnesia. I'd just die! I hoped that he'd lived and even though he doesn't get DuhMi in the end, I hoped that he'd patch things up with his mother and find some other girl deserving of his love.

I also got really pissed off at KH's mom. But the reason why she persisted in separating JH from her dad is because she came to really love JH. She already gave up her daughter and that was a foolish thing, so she couldn't bear to give up JH's love too. She knew KH loves her adopted-father a lot, and it hurts her. No one wants to share the love of your child or your spouse etc. And who knows if JH will still accept her once she knows the truth. It was like a desperate attempt to hang onto the only thing left in your life.
    The same is with KH. She played the role of JH all these years, losing her identity, so that she can provide comfort for one of the most important men in her life - her dad. But he could never forget his real daughter, and he continually searches for her. KH already knows DY doesn't love her as much as JH, but it pains her more to think that her father would never love her as much either. At first she misses JH too, and was devastated. But her weak mentality finally breaks because to her, they cared more about a dead girl than a living one. To let JH back is like telling the world KH was a replacement. And more than just to other ppl, it was herself that she did not want to accept this truth. The psychological blow was harsh.
    When you look into it from our view, it's easy to say they're stupid and selfish. But when you can see that the characters are so vulnerable and insecure, it's possible to sympathize.

It is apparent to me that KH's mom wanted to keep JH at her side mostly because she wanted to make sure the secret never would come out. I won't deny that she loved JH but that's not the main reason. She afterall still loved her biological daughter more (just as KH's dad would love his biological daughter more).

If KH was unfortunate, what about the situation with JH? KH ended up the way she did because she always wanted more and through her eyes the world should revolve around her. What is there to sympathize really? She paid the price for her selfishness. Surely it was a result of some others but she ended up in that end mostly because of her own damn self. She had choices but she chose to walk down the path of destruction. I have no sympathy for those who blame their own problems on others. Did you notice how many times she blamed others for her own problem? And even in the end she chose a selfish end not to herself but to pull DY and JH down into the water as well. Should I even feel bad for that character? No.

Quote Originally Posted by Grifis
    It is apparent to me that KH's mom wanted to keep JH at her side mostly because she wanted to make sure the secret never would come out. I won't deny that she loved JH but that's not the main reason. She afterall still loved her biological daughter more (just as KH's dad would love his biological daughter more).

If KH was unfortunate, what about the situation with JH? KH ended up the way she did because she always wanted more and through her eyes the world should revolve around her. What is there to sympathize really? She paid the price for her selfishness. Surely it was a result of some others but she ended up in that end mostly because of her own damn self. She had choices but she chose to walk down the path of destruction. I have no sympathy for those who blame their own problems on others. Did you notice how many times she blamed others for her own problem? And even in the end she chose a selfish end not to herself but to pull DY and JH down into the water as well. Should I even feel bad for that character? No.
    Exactly!Okay, KH will have like 5 whole minutes of my sympathy but theres a whole other side of her that really ticks me off. There are other choices that KH and her mother could've made and everyone including themselves would be happy and peaceful but no.....it has to be this way or that way, no middle ground where all parties can be happy. Nope.

If KH's mother really did love DM, she wouldn't be forcing her to do things against her will. Ah...I guess what I'm saying is KH and her mother always has to make people uncomfortable and WHY can't they believe in the best of people? Why do they have to think so negatively? And because they think negatively and pessimistically, its like they don't believe there are really such good people. Kinda cynical. Or maybe the way they think of people, is the way they are if the tables were turned and roles were switched. Eh...I had a point here....hmm..well no change in opinion for me.

I still see KH as a leech for people's emotions and love. Theres a reason why DM and when the real JH was young, everybody seem to love her for reason, and its her open and cheerful personality. KH and her emo problems, if she reevaluate her personality and try to make more friends than enemies, people would love her too. So she just doesn't have the same charisma as JH (DM).

I really don't understand why she just kept assuming that DY would marry her! Oh let's get married. Were they even in a relationship? Did he say he loves her? Did he actually do anything romantic with her ? I really think DY treated her as a sister all these years.

Hmm...Why does it seem the leading actor and actress have more luck and good things happening to them? It just seems so sad for Bin, he won't have use of his right arm anymore but Dong Young came out injured but he's able to come out without any handi-cap like Bin. Why of all people did it happen to Bin?! WHY!

He's such a sweetie.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Hmm...Why does it seem the leading actor and actress have more luck and good things happening to them? It just seems so sad for Bin, he won't have use of his right arm anymore but Dong Young came out injured but he's able to come out without any handi-cap like Bin. Why of all people did it happen to Bin?! WHY!

He's such a sweetie.
    I don't think so, DY and DM in fairness, had each gone through a lot of struggles and difficulties which were beyond their control. Bin's problem with his mom was his choice. Actually, if he was just a forgiving rather than a rebel son, he would have had a happier life than anyone else, because his mom cared for him so much. The same with Kang Hee, her difficult situation was a result of her selfish motive to get rich along with her birth mother.

This isn't one of my favorite series, but I find it very interesting, especially the development of the storyline.

For me...I really like this series especially the story....

I for one still couldn't believe how incredible the kids who played DY, KH, JH were....especially the 2 girls. Their talent level was over the top..showcased when they did crying scenes together or other high emotional states while delivering dialogue that seemed so natural or appropriate for the scene. That has to be so hard considering how young they are....I'd definitely give them two an Academy Award for sure.