Page 45 of 95 FirstFirst ... 353637383940414243444546474849505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicholas Tse Ting Fung/Nic Tse

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans View Post
    Leanna, such an instigator.

Here's the synopsis at YesAsia:

"The early lives of the Young and Dangerous gang are chronicled in this sixth entry to the popular series directed by Andrew Lau (The Storm Riders) and starring Nicholas Tse (Gen-X Cops). The young Chan and his childhood friend Chicken strive to make it big and leave the housing projects where they live. They eventually joined the triads, paving the way for their ascent into becoming leaders of the underworld."
    thanx muchoo
    it seems quite confusing but i can sorta get an outline
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Man, i haven't been keeping up with Nic-related stuff. So you saw Inivisible Target already?
    ahah didnt exactly see it
    just saw many trailers and its all over the news along with "transformer"
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Hey Leanna and liusing, i have a quick question about the Master Q 2001 movie that was ripped from the dvd that i had provided for you guys. Just curious to know if the English subtitles were in sync with the dialog. And if it wasn't, how off was it?
    hehe i think it was right on
    cant really understand cantonese so wasnt really following the dialoge
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Hi raymond_obsessed. So what Nic stuff have you seen already?

Man, i haven't been keeping up with Nic-related stuff. So you saw Inivisible Target already?

i've just seen Gen-X Cops, New Police Story, Moving Targets...that series with Dicky, in my language, they translated the title to Handsome Siblings, but i think it's Proud of Twin or something like that.

that's about it...i barely found out he existed...
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

Hey Leanna and liusing, i have a quick question about the Master Q 2001 movie that was ripped from the dvd that i had provided for you guys. Just curious to know if the English subtitles were in sync with the dialog. And if it wasn't, how off was it?
    The subtitles were pretty good!

Quote Originally Posted by raymond_obsessed View Post
    i've just seen Gen-X Cops, New Police Story, Moving Targets...that series with Dicky, in my language, they translated the title to Handsome Siblings, but i think it's Proud of Twin or something like that.

that's about it...i barely found out he existed...
    We know that the serie with Dicky Cheung is named "proud of twin" but the movie " invisible target" is a Benny Chan's action movie with Nic, Jaycee Chan and Shawn Yue. Here is the link for the trailer at youtube (new one) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kunrMUuS_EQ

Quote Originally Posted by liusing View Post
    We know that the serie with Dicky Cheung is named "proud of twin" but the movie " invisible target" is a Benny Chan's action movie with Nic, Jaycee Chan and Shawn Yue. Here is the link for the trailer at youtube (new one) :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kunrMUuS_EQ

no, i haven't even heard of "invisible target"...i'm talking about the one with him and edison chen, where they're both cops, and there's kind of a love triangle with gillian...edison goes undercover...nic's dad left him and his mom when he was little then gets reunited by working on the same case...
    I'm not even Chinese or Thai, but I am obsessed with their TV series. Current obsession: Ken Theeradeth Wonpuapan. He has super good looks and is very talented.

Default Nicholas Tse the Next Jackie Chan?

Most RECENT news!!!

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://gallery.asianfanatics.net/albums/Chinese-Male/Nicholas-Tse-Ting-Fung/thumb_Nicholas-Tse-xietingfeng-25.jpg')

Nicholas Tse was known for his wild child image when he first burst into the scene when he was only 17. Now, 10 years down the showbusiness road, Nicholas Tse has shed that bad boy image and made a name for himself as an action star.

His efforts have not gone unnoticed: his new director, Benny Chan, has even reportedly gone so far as to say that Nicholas may well become the next action superhero. The famous Hong Kong director added that among the actors in his new action flick, Invisible Target, the 27-year-old, who played a cop in the movie, was the one who best handled the action scenes.

But ask Nicholas and he'll tell you he thinks it's too late for him to be an action star.

'The action stars like Jackie Chan, Jet Li, and Bruce Lee all started practicing martial arts from young. Jackie has been 'whacked' since he was 3 while I started only when I was 20-years-old.

'I'm too old now, my body is not as flexible as before, and I've sustained too many injuries.

'I am able to perform the required action stunts because I like them and I practice it (the art of Wing Chun),' he told reporters over the phone from Hong Kong last evening.

While his father Patrick is known for his playboy image and suave roles in drama serials, the son has carved out an entirely different path for himself.

Since Nicholas made his big screen debut in 'Young And Dangerous: The Prequel' in 1998 (which won him the Best New Performer award in the Hong Kong Film Awards in 1999), he has continued to show off his flying kicks and nasty chops in action flicks such as 'Gen-X Cops', 'New Police Story' and 'Dragon Tiger Gate'.

Even though he declines the action superhero tag, his passion for the film genre is evident.

Making films are also about leaving a legacy for his son, who is expected to be born early next month, to his wife actress Cecilia Cheung, 27.

'I feel I am writing something in my history book for my son. I am not a blank sheet of paper,' he said.

Having shown more interest in music-making when he first entered showbiz, Nicholas had said 10 years ago that he would not go into acting.

'I won't head towards an acting career, like my dad. I'm not very much into acting and music's still my love,' he had told The New Paper then.

So it is ironic how his career has panned out, with a focus on action flicks.

'It's quite amazing but it's something I enjoy and I hope action movies can also become the pride of Hong Kong.'

Indeed, Nicholas has a lofty dream - that Hong Kong action movies will flourish and continue to leave foot prints all over the world.

He said: 'I think Hong Kong's music scene is no big deal and it has never conquered the world. But our action films have done so.'

He hopes there will be some actors who would be willing to sacrifice and work hard for action movies, and thinks Gillian Chung from Hong Kong pop duo Twins has the potential because she has the guts.

He also favors the good old way of movie-making, where 'lots of blood and sweat were in them'.

'In recent years, there has been too much reliance on post-production work and using computers to fix scenes.'

Nicholas has certainly suffered his fair share of injuries.

His worst experience was hitting his back against the edge of the table on the set of 'Gen-X Cop' in 1999, hurting his spinal cord.

'I thought I'd be handicapped but luckily I wasn't. I've seen the doctor for over 150 times since and have become 'half a doctor' myself.'

On his impending fatherhood, he seemed calm and collected, although he is protective of his wife and said he has disallowed her from attending the gala premiere of 'Invisible Target' in Hong Kong last night.

His only wish for his son is that he can retain his privacy and sanity.

He said: 'I hope he won't be subject to public scrutiny. Like my sister, Ting Ting, is not in showbusiness but because I'm her brother and her parents are Deborah Lai and Patrick Tse, she's been under a lot of pressure.

'For my son, since his grandparents and parents are all from showbusiness, wouldn't it be even worse for him?'

Maybe his son will have to count on his action superhero dad to save his day.

yep, nic is trying to act good these days knowing that a bad boy cant be counted as an action superhero like jakie chan or jet li
    as i recall, he was a playboy back when he was young with all those rumors of him and faye wong, cecilia, etc.
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Thanks qt4777 for the news on Nic.......to tell the truth i think i like the cold-cool-playboy side of nic....lol..
    if time can be turn back......there won't be tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by susan15 View Post
    Thanks qt4777 for the news on Nic.......to tell the truth i think i like the cold-cool-playboy side of nic....lol..
    ahah i do too
    hes hotter that way
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Quote Originally Posted by raymond_obsessed View Post
    no, i haven't even heard of "invisible target"...i'm talking about the one with him and edison chen, where they're both cops, and there's kind of a love triangle with gillian...edison goes undercover...nic's dad left him and his mom when he was little then gets reunited by working on the same case...
    This movies is "moving target". This movie is pretty good!

really? nic look very cute on the cover.....oh..well....i mostly like to watch anceint series...so i will wath it if only i have time.....hope i do....

ahah heard nic is gonna name his son "xie yi"
    xie as in "tse", or his last name
    and yi as in the number one
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Thanks for the news, qt4777. That's cool that Nic is acting more responsible and is really looking out for both Cecilia and his son. Though his bad-boy image didn't really bother me. I'm sure his son will want to follow his dad's footsteps and be an action hero just like him. Hehe. I definitely like how Nic is a really hard worker and tries to do most of his own stunts. It's definitely ironic how into acting Nic is nowadays. Though i sure hope Nic continues to do both: movies and music. Oh, and i''m also surprised that Nic mentioned Gillian as someone who would have potential when it comes to action movies. I don't really know much about Gillian but i guess i wouldn't even think of her when it comes to action movies.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Quote Originally Posted by Leanna View Post
    ahah heard nic is gonna name his son "xie yi"
    xie as in "tse", or his last name
    and yi as in the number one
    Oh really? That's cute. So is "Yi" a common first name?
    I <3 MatsuJun

i thought i once saw a posting that nic want to named his child with a short name because since his name is so long everytime he did something wrong he have to write out his name which take too much time..............could it be a reason for naming the child yi???

i thought i once saw a posting that nic want to named his child with a short name because since his name is so long everytime he did something wrong he have to write out his name which take too much time..............could it be a reason for naming the child yi???
    But aren't most Chinese names short since each word is represented by one character? Do you mean short as in the baby won't be given a "middle" name?
    I <3 MatsuJun

ahah yea, all he has to do is draw a horizontal line for the second letter.... quite easy
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持

Oh really? That's cute. So is "Yi" a common first name?
    hmm... not really common but it isnt rare either
    but i cant be exactly sure hes gonna name his child that... it was only news
    晨晨曙光 魏你闪亮 ♥ WEI CHEN
    实力偶像 魏晨最棒
    海外乐橙支持