Page 12 of 51 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Long Nu
    I guess not everyone can be the "good-est" pro translator like you...remember Icy Fox is taking time out of his/her own day to translate ROCH for fun. Personally I appreciate his efforts and support him/her 100%
    IcyFox is a He. And he thanks you for your support.

By the way you're not related to the other Xiao_Long_Nuu in any way, right?

For the example I gave, at the time of the sentence spoken by the protaganist (Yang Guo) of the story, his tone of voice and the manner in which he spoke those words were meant to be in the form of refusing an offer, being calm and distant. However the use of 'buddy' changed that emotional context into one of cheerful, friendly and possible overtones of excitement.
    I think someone is being a bit anal

It just means if you must be good, then be the good-est, and if you must be bad, be the baddest. Don't settle for something in the middle, it aint worth it. Be first rate, nothing less
    I guess not everyone can be the "good-est" professional translator like you...remember Icy Fox is taking time out of his own day to translate ROCH for fun. Personally I appreciate his efforts and support him 100%
    Last edited by Xiao Long Nu; 01-04-06 at 12:38 AM.
    "Things we achieve too easily we esteem too lightly" -Thomas Paine

Holy geez you guys are fast translators . Thank you both Foxes and all other translators for your hardwork!!! I cant believe ROCH is only 3 chapters away from being finished!!! Thanks for everything guys i read through 36 and its awesome stuff !!! good luck on finishing novel.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Since everybody is quite nice around here, I guess I'll take the lectern.

Quote Originally Posted by Adryn Novan
    Yes I do translate (professionally), but not on this forum nor in the chinese language since I do know it.
    Oh I see. I was quite confused since in your first post it's clearly stated that you were translating ROCH. I quote "Please keep in mind that WE ARE translating a classic novel, not some new age hippy piece of .....", a little misapprehension perhaps? those semantics can be a real pain

That said, there are ways to express criticism without patronizing people and adding insult to injury. I just gave you a taste of your own recipe and you tell me if that felt good.
    Now, since you seem to be such a smart chap and quite a connossieur of languages, if I may say so (and expected to know French at the least), why you don't you take on the LOCH translation from French-to-English that Patudo started a few months back?, maybe a chapter?. I think that alone, would qualify as constructive criticism and would speak for yourself much better than anything you'd add.

PD. Icy Fox, your translations are really fast, and as good as anything I've seen around here. We know you are putting a lot of time on them and we are very grateful for that. only 3 more to go heheh keep it up!
    Last edited by s4life; 01-04-06 at 04:35 AM.

IcyFox rules, as do all the other translators who have worked on this novel, period.

Quote Originally Posted by s4life
    PD. Icy Fox, your translations are really fast, and as good as anything I've seen around here. We know you are putting a lot of time on them and we are very grateful for that. only 3 more to go heheh keep it up!
    Quote Originally Posted by xfiberloss
    IcyFox rules, as do all the other translators who have worked on this novel, period.
    Thanks, guys.

Anyway I think there's no need to get worked up with Adryn Novan...
    I don't think he'll be back.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 01-04-06 at 09:28 AM.

Update Of Return Of The Condor Heroes Translations:

Chapters 1-30 can be found at
    http://www.wuxiapedia.com/novels/jin...gallant_knight

*Note : Chapter 25 is still being translated by Rayon.

Chapter 31
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=555

Chapter 32
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=622

Chapter 33
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...4&postcount=49

Chapter 34
    Under translation. (Somewhere in this forum.)

Chapter 35
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...8&postcount=97

Chapter 36
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=182

Chapter 37
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=197

Chapters 38-40
    Not translated yet. Please be patient.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 01-04-06 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Thanks, guys.

Anyway I think there's no need to get worked up with Adryn Novan...
    I don't think he'll be back.

You are correct, I wont be back to post anything for a while. However I will still be in the background, keeping in the shadows always lurking here and there. It's more productive to work in the shadows since no one can ever bother you. Can you kill someone who isn't/doesn't (supposed to) exist?

Remember this, I have been with these translations almost since it began with noodles, I know how it goes and works. Noodles began with the translations because he loved it, I follow it because I love the novel. So show more respect to the novel if you wont show it to anyone else.

However I will still be in the background, keeping in the shadows always lurking here and there. It's more productive to work in the shadows since no one can ever bother you. Can you kill someone who isn't/doesn't (supposed to) exist?
    Whatever.

Remember this, I have been with these translations almost since it began with noodles, I know how it goes and works. Noodles began with the translations because he loved it, I follow it because I love the novel. So show more respect to the novel if you wont show it to anyone else.
    I didn't show respect to anyone else?
    When did that happen?
    I definitely showed respect to you because I addressed you by your name correctly.

So if that's the case I guess you're saying I can show disrespect to the novel since I have indeed shown respect to others. But that's one thing I would not do.
    By translating it (part of it really) I have shown the greatest respect for it possible.

That's what I think.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 01-04-06 at 10:44 AM.

Icyfox, I appreciate the voluntary work you do translating. I believe many others benefit from your work as well. Thank you.

I don't think aggressiveness, demands and intellectual banter benefits anyone, except maybe provide some fun for a troll who enjoys hate and conflict.

Why spend energy and time playing with a troll? Ignore it and save the energy.

Thumbs up

I hope I'm posting this correctly as this is my first post. I'm not new to this forum. I've been in the lurking in the background reading the translations but reluctant to post because I didn't want to interrupt the flow of stories. But I really think it's time I expressed my gratitude.

As someone who has been in love with LOCH and ROCH since I was a kid, I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you guys have taken valuable time out of your days and translated these novels for those of us who have no hope of reading it otherwise. I truly thank you all from the bottom of my heart. It gives me something to make the downtime at work seem enjoyable and I look forward to reading this everyday.

I'm so grateful that you all do this. The rest doesn't matter. I don't care if you call her Xi Long Nu or XiLong Nuu or Shi Long Nu. I can figure out who is meant. "Friend" or "buddy", I'm pretty sure all the translator meant was that Yang Guo was trying to express his warm feelings towards a good man. As far as I'm converned, please use whatever words the TRANSLATOR of the post deems best. The rest of us will be grateful that you are posting.

Again, thank you all translators and please continue your work because it is truly appreciated by the grateful ones like me. You're all the goodest you can be in my book!

LMAO, Adryn Novan may be a lot of things, but he sure definitely isnt a troll. I've met the guy in real life once.
    and for another thing, i know he isnt mad or angry at any of u or the translations. Hes just annoyed because people arent taking pride or dignity in their work and settling for what he considers second rate. The guy is a total geneus ok (hes like bill gates, kasparov, einstein, and al tose other genius rolled into one), but he is sorta old fashioned for a 20 somthin year old man. I mean hey, the guy talks like someone from those movies u may see of english gentlemen.

(PS, anyone know how to recover ur account if u cant remember the password or e-mail u used? I cant remember mine so had to make a new one I dont wanna lose my post count )
    Last edited by Atsuko Minowara; 01-04-06 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dustbiter
    I don't think aggressiveness, demands and intellectual banter benefits anyone, except maybe provide some fun for a troll who enjoys hate and conflict.

Why spend energy and time playing with a troll? Ignore it and save the energy.
    Referring to me?
    LOL just kidding.

Quote Originally Posted by Atsuko Minowara
    LMAO, Adryn Novan may be a lot of things, but he sure definitely isnt a troll.
    but he is sorta old fashioned for a 20 somthin year old man. I mean hey, the guy talks like someone from those movies u may see of english gentlemen.

OK, now I know why he talks too much.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    OK, now I know why he talks too much.

Awww i think he is charming... a prefect gentleman with a gentleman's pride. remnds me of the movie Kate and Leopeld. well guess kids these days dont like that kind anymore.

Oh ok. I am a coarse man with simple approach to things.

hi guys, thanks for translating this novel. I really appreciate it. I know it is a lot of hardwork and I hope that you continue. some people like that arvy guy just lack some attention. he is like hou dou. he is also his own he shi wo. haha

How low can u all get people??? Why are u all being so insensitive and insultive to someone who made good SUGESTIONS. Read back at his first post and read it carfully, he said he was making sugestions. In my point of view, he acted very mature and profesionally. worthy of a gentleman. while u all stooped low to insulting him, acting so childish. in anyone is the troll or hou dou, its u people, not him.

Xiao long Nu (the forum member) ur choice of user name sucks, by choosing that name, u insult the character in the story. the story char XLN doesnt deserve this insult. u aint worthy to use that name.

In real life i work as a reporter, i hav been a journalist for several years. let me tell u how i met adryn. it was at a seminar on quantum physics, he was one of the presenters. I went there because i heard the man who saved my grandmother's life was going to be there. adryn novan, though not many people in the world know of him, he is one of the most influential people in the word, his organization paid for and tool responsbility of my grandmother's health when she needed a heart transplant. I heard later that it was done on his orders so i started to investigate about the unknown man who helped my family. be warned who u insult, cos the man has his connections and influences everywhere. many of the new things u all take for granted today are due to his work. who knows, the next computer software or game u use may hav com into esistance because of him.

adryn, next time u come on and look at this forum, i hope u see my post. my entire family thanx you for saving my grandma. on behalf of these scum, i apologize, please dont let them form continuing with ur work.

PS: i wish ur fiance the best health (sorry i investigated too far into ur life)
    Last edited by Atsuko Minowara; 01-04-06 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atsuko Minowara
    How low can u all get people??? Why are u all being so insensitive and insultive to someone who made good SUGESTIONS. Read back at his first post and read it carfully, he said he was making sugestions. In my point of view, he acted very mature and profesionally. worthy of a gentleman. while u all stooped low to insulting him, acting so childish. in anyone is the troll or hou dou, its u people, not him.
    If being 'mature and professional' translates to talking condescendingly, "Please keep in mind that we are translating a classic novel, not some new age hippy piece of .....", while speaking to someone spending hours of precious valuable free time and providing a FREE translation, then I don't think you and the rest of the people on this forum are using the same vocabulary.

There are ways of making suggestions that don't belittle other's hard work and dedication. But until Adryn starts putting days of work into his own translations on this forum, it's fair for the rest of us to not take him seriously.

Xiao long Nu (the forum member) ur choice of user name sucks, by choosing that name, u insult the character in the story. the story char XLN doesnt deserve this insult. u aint worthy to use that name
    WTF?! ...Atsuko sounds like a "troll" 2 me lol...he also seems to lack the "prefect gentleman[lyness]" of his friend. [JK]

I'm completely addicted to ROCH and XLN is by far my favorite character in any WuXia novel so why the **** do you give a **** what my username is. How am I insulting a fictionalized unrealistic wuxia character by using her name? (There are other forum members using the XLN SN too).

Ppl are free to react to/comment on any post and btw you made some pretty "scummy" insults yourself. Even a 16 year old (moi) refuses to go down to your level by *****ing back so whatever

adryn novan, though not many people in the world know of him, he is one of the most influential people in the word, his organization paid for and tool responsbility of my grandmother's health when she needed a heart transplant.
    If this is true, then kudos to you adryn . However, Atsuko you don't need to take other people's ramblings so personally - chillax

be warned who u insult, cos the man has his connections and influences everywhere. many of the new things u all take for granted today are due to his work
    Yea okay...and I'm Warren Buffet haha
    Last edited by Xiao Long Nu; 01-04-06 at 03:54 PM.
    "Things we achieve too easily we esteem too lightly" -Thomas Paine

I dont wanna argue with ignorant people anymore. So this will be the last thing I say on his behalf.

Sure, he will put in his own days of hard work translations here, but u all must also put in years of hard work designing new tech, sciences, gathering knowladge, exploring new frontiers like he has. So unless u can achieve what he has achieved....lets just say he has earned the right, u havent. ur still teens, he's an experienced adult.

THE END