+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324 25 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 1002

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

  1. #281
    Senior Member Da Bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Wow that's useful.
    Thanks.


    Eh by the way where did you find Noodles' excerpts from?
    Mostly from Wuxiapedia or somewhere in the threads (like the translations adn you just look around for anything that says excerpts).
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

  2. #282
    Senior Member IcyFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Oh OK. Tks.


    PS~
    I hope to release Chapter 39 by the end of next week.


    PPS~
    While waiting, you can always read ROTK
    (Romance of the 3 Kingdoms)
    This is the WHOLE of ROTK in English :
    http://www.threekingdoms.com/

    I only read the part where Zhuge Liang first came in until he died.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 01-05-06 at 05:14 AM.

  3. #283
    Senior Member Da Bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Oh OK. Tks.


    PS~
    I hope to release Chapter 39 by the end of next week.


    PPS~
    While waiting, you can always read ROTK
    (Romance of the 3 Kingdoms)
    This is the WHOLE ROTK in English :
    http://www.threekingdoms.com/

    I only read the part where Zhuge Liang first came in until he died.
    OK! Thanks!
    Wa... I can't believe I already have over 500 posts...It's been 4-5 months and I joined at the end of September too...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

  4. #284
    Member Carefree Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    135

    Default

    I actually read ROTK from beginning to end on that site, and parts of it can actually bore the pants off you since it's done from a 3rd person view most of the time, and sounds like a recount. Especially after the fall of Shu and Jiang Wei's suicide, the only interesting part was the avenging of his mutilation where Deng Ai's entire family was massacred, in front of his eyes. A pity, Deng Ai was a brilliant guy after all.

    Still a decent read from a "factual" and historical view after you remove the bias, but if your there for literary and storytelling brilliance, this post might be slightly more eloquent at parts, and thats saying something.

  5. #285
    Senior Member IcyFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carefree Assassin
    ...
    but if your there for literary and storytelling brilliance, this post might be slightly more eloquent at parts, and thats saying something.
    Huh? Don't follow.
    Pls explain (with emphasis on the bold words, if you don't mind).
    Tks.

  6. #286
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Nepal
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Wow! After a night's rest, tons of new posts! Amazing how people can get easily fired up.
    yeah, this thread sure is moving fast.

    i checked after two days and the thread had moved more than four whole pages,

    guys i really think u people should take some rest.

  7. #287
    Member Carefree Assassin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    135

    Default

    This post i mean by my post, eg dull, boring and much too long winded to take seriously. See how I'm such a modest lad?

  8. #288
    Senior Member IcyFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Carefree Assassin
    This post i mean by my post, eg dull, boring and much too long winded to take seriously. See how I'm such a modest lad?
    Oh OK, tks for explaining.

  9. #289
    Member fox-s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    165

    Default Chapter 38 Part 1

    Chapter 38 – Life And Death Are Boundless

    Moved to Post #391

    To be continued …
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-12-06 at 10:09 PM. Reason: consolidated
    foxs

  10. #290
    Member fox-s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    165

    Default Misc. issues

    For those who shared their knowledge of Chinese literature, many thanks. I think it is already too late for the existing chapters, but I will try to incorporate that into the future chapter as appropriate. And I am sure it will be beneficial to the editor like JamesG. James, I can't wait to read you edited version.

    Adryn: would you at least post the link to that edited version in this thread, please?

    IcyFox: the excerpts are in this forum, I think it was LiarLiar who first point it out. Just look under wuxia translation, ROCH excerpts. I think it has only two pages.

    Could you hold Chapter 39 please? I can't keep up with you! I am getting busier nowadays. I hate to have another 'skipped' chapter. If you have time, would you start on Chapter 40? That way we can finish the whole book before Chinese New Year just like you planned.

    More update tomorrow.
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-05-06 at 02:13 PM.
    foxs

  11. #291
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    180

    Default

    Wow! You people are so nice to us!

    Thank you all for your work. I'm dieing to read the rest!

  12. #292
    Registered User dragongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    761

    Default

    OH GREAT! I love how this story is winding up. GREAT job!


    Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Oh my god! here comes Da Bao's successor! 120+ posts since Nov 2005.
    I beg your pardon? I don't really get that....

  13. #293
    Senior Member Da Bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dragongirl
    OH GREAT! I love how this story is winding up. GREAT job!



    I beg your pardon? I don't really get that....
    By my successer he means that in such a short time you've done so many posts. The minute I first found this site I got addicted instantly. I was making a lot of progress... Now I've a lot of posts!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

  14. #294
    Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Jiang Hu
    Posts
    762

    Default

    jesus....yea i just noticed how many posts you guys have....

  15. #295
    Senior Member Tazzy1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tazzy Land
    Posts
    1,348

    Default

    i mus be one of the slowest poster around
    TaZzY InC

  16. #296
    Registered User dragongirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    By my successer he means that in such a short time you've done so many posts. The minute I first found this site I got addicted instantly. I was making a lot of progress... Now I've a lot of posts!
    Lol! i've never really noticed that before. Most of my posts are in the ROCH forum.

  17. #297
    Senior Member IcyFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    Could you hold Chapter 39 please? I can't keep up with you! I am getting busier nowadays. I hate to have another 'skipped' chapter. If you have time, would you start on Chapter 40? That way we can finish the whole book before Chinese New Year just like you planned.
    Relax a bit. I just started on Chap 39. I think you'll be faster than me.

    Eh about Chap 40:
    I will work on it, but only on the epilogue to RoCH.

    I don't think I will do the whole chapter (including the pre-intro prologue to HSDS) because I'm kind of getting bored with translations. Of course if others want to continue where I will stop then JUST DO IT !
    Last edited by IcyFox; 01-05-06 at 10:50 PM.

  18. #298
    Member Xiao Long Nu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    103

    Default

    I don't think I will do the whole chapter (including the pre-intro prologue to HSDS) because I'm kind of getting bored with translations. Of course if others want to continue where I will stop then JUST DO IT !
    *gasp*; we need u Icy Fox - illiterate Chinese degenerates like me can't "JUST DO IT"

    Here is my terrible analogy: just like the best bite of a desert is the last one, translating the last chapter of ROCH will be the most satisfying translation of all...it provides closure...j/k

    All jokes aside, thanx for all ur hard and (speedy) work on these translations...my hat goes off to you
    "Things we achieve too easily we esteem too lightly" -Thomas Paine

  19. #299
    Senior Member Da Bao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    1,222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Long Nu
    *gasp*; we need u Icy Fox - illiterate Chinese degenerates like me can't "JUST DO IT"

    Here is my terrible analogy: just like the best bite of a desert is the last one, translating the last chapter of ROCH will be the most satisfying translation of all...it provides closure...j/k

    All jokes aside, thanx for all ur hard and (speedy) work on these translations...my hat goes off to you
    Yeah!! IcyFox!!! Don't go!! Even if you're bored with translating, don't go!! You HAVE TO PROMISE TO VISIT THE FORUMS!!! It's saddening seeing all the translators just disappear on us...
    If you're bored with translating and doing all this work we're fine with that, but don't just vanish all of a sudden!

    We're going to miss your work!!! *tears* Just if you ever feel the need to translate then come back!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

  20. #300
    Senior Member IcyFox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Unknown
    Posts
    4,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Long Nu
    Here is my terrible analogy: just like the best bite of a desert is the last one, translating the last chapter of ROCH will be the most satisfying translation of all...it provides closure...j/k
    Actually RoCH ends virtually at Chap 39. Chapter 40 is just like the last 5 min of a movie where it says that everyone lives happily after but maybe Jin Yong didn't want a chapter much shorter than the rest so he added in some background information for HSDS.

    And in HSDS the first 4 or 5 chapters is even more background information for HSDS. Probably Jin Yong did that just to meet the 40-chapter per novel quota.

    I don't know... somehow they like to do things like that.


    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    Yeah!! IcyFox!!! Don't go!! Even if you're bored with translating, don't go!! You HAVE TO PROMISE TO VISIT THE FORUMS!!! It's saddening seeing all the translators just disappear on us...
    If you're bored with translating and doing all this work we're fine with that, but don't just vanish all of a sudden!
    I'm not David Copperfield... I can't just disappear...
    Of course I'll still be around but I won't be translating much... maybe just excerpts.
    Even if I disappear 'I'LL BE BACK'.

Similar Threads

  1. ROCH Translation ..... 8 onwards
    By Noodles in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 1265
    Last Post: 10-26-06, 10:35 PM
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 10-21-06, 06:32 PM
  3. ROCH: Chapter 24 onwards
    By Noodles in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 239
    Last Post: 02-02-06, 11:49 AM
  4. ROCH Chapter 26 onwards...
    By Black Night Sea in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 631
    Last Post: 01-24-06, 08:16 AM
  5. HSDS Chap 3
    By Meh in forum Wuxia Translations
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-06-03, 06:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts