Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    After we really finish RoCH I'm going to read RoCH all over again...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubeng
    I think that's an excellent idea. Let's all do it!

bubeng
    MARATHON READING!!!!

Ohh... A marathon reading!! I love reading! It's my favorite subject as well as thing to do to pass the time.
    Unfortunately... I'm being loaded with schoolwork and it's getting harder to find the time to get on the computer, that's why I've been disappearing every now and then (but don't worry they only last a few days at a time).

A marathon reading... Goody!! And to make sure we read it... how about we each do a small book report form after every 10 chapters? And we choose one person to submit it to and that person will judge who read it clearly and understood it. As well as who read it fastest.
    Just an idea, you don't have to accept or like it. Most likely it isn't going to happen.

First, let's choose the questions that should be used as a template, (because a summary by itself is boring)
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Is the Sword Stained With Royal Blood known as 'Shu Jian En Chou Lu' in Mandrin? It has also been translated professionally and titled as 'The Book and The Sword'.
    The Sword Stained with Royal Blood is "Bi Xue Jian" 碧血剑. Also known as "The Crimson Sabre", it has not been translated at all.

"Shu Jian En Chou Lu" 书剑恩仇录 is "The Book and the Sword", as you have mentioned. It was translated into English -- and very much shortened -- by Graham Earnshaw.
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    Well, byelnats and william are working on that .. what else can we do?
    I'd be overwhelmed if someone would help with the second part of XAJH... Lanny's translation is top notch, but slow... personally, the withdrawal symptoms with this novel were even worse than with ROCH
    Another great work that hasn't been really given its due is TLBB, there are translations for only 9 or so scattered chapters. Oh well, dreaming cost nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    A marathon reading... Goody!! And to make sure we read it... how about we each do a small book report form after every 10 chapters? And we choose one person to submit it to and that person will judge who read it clearly and understood it. As well as who read it fastest.
    Just an idea, you don't have to accept or like it. Most likely it isn't going to happen.
    Is this a comprehension exercise? Anyone did General Paper here? Sounds like an Application Question to me.

Nah! I don't want to read the whole novel over again. Unless if you guys get JinYong's approval and publish it into a book then maybe I will buy it and read it.

Hey I can't find any threads for Xiao Ao Jiang Hu - I can't seem to find any... Anyone wants to take it up?

Edit : Er nevermind I found it...

By the way, BANGS, don't mind me asking... Are you a male or female? (Been trying to figure that out... )
    Last edited by IcyFox; 01-19-06 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    Well, byelnats and william are working on that .. what else can we do?
    Ya, please do come and read. If you guys can't find the beginning tell me. I'll post the link to the beginning of the story up.
    I am living in exile, waiting for a little ray of hope to bring me back to where I belong.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Continuing TLBB translation should be the new project after ROCH, pleaaaasssseeee

It has been a while since last I logged on and now that I see that you guys actually finished translating this novel!!!

CONGRATULATIONS AND HEARTFELT THANKS

Meanwhile I'm still waiting for Chapter 34 - is it finished and not posted yet?

I'm so much eager to read the other chapters. Please give me good news otherwise I'll just give in and start on 35.

Thank you, thank you all of the wonderful translators who took their time to do this so that the Chinese illiterate, like myself, could appreciate these novels.

I have a question - is the part where Yang Guo meets Zhang San Feng at Hua San actually part of ROCH? Will this be translated?

Again, thank you all. You are my heroes!

Quote Originally Posted by JeanGrey
    I have a question - is the part where Yang Guo meets Zhang San Feng at Hua San actually part of ROCH? Will this be translated?

Again, thank you all. You are my heroes!
    Yes, it is the last part of Chapter 40.

Elfyhead, it has been a whole week since you said you would do Chapter 40 and you are disappearing. I need to know if you are still working on it. If you don't, then I will continue what I've done ... No, this is not a threat ... , but I am as anxious as everybody else to finish this great novel.

If I continue, either IcyFox or Da Bao will help me editing it. Be patient, I need a few more days.

You are very welcome! I believe the translators' (at least for me) reward is nice comments from y'all ..

(Reading the novel is addictive, but do you also know that translating it could be addictive too?)

Eliza, the first part of Chapter 34 is being translated by Jin_Yong_Fan, the last part is by foxs. Da Bao is our editor. There is still a gap in the middle, but I received a message from Jin_Yong_Fan that she is inundated by school work (so is Da Bao), so it will take a while. But she is determined to finish it up. I can pm you the unfinished chapter if you really can't wait ... I don't want you to pass out yet ...
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-19-06 at 02:37 PM.
    foxs

By thw way, BANGS, don't mind me asking... Are you a male or female? (Been trying to figure that out... )
    ZOMG! I am a 100% straight male FYI. Well, it must be the way I post, I always ensure that it is respectful and gentlemanlike. Don't be confused dude, Im a guy.

My heartfelt thanks to noodles for starting it and to the "foxes" for 'almost' finishing the novel ... you guys are great! also to athena, beedreamer, rayon, xiao_long_nu, xuelian and other people that helped with translating parts of it(sorry if I missed someone)

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Duke of Mount Deer has been translated professionally and can be bought at most major bookstores. If you can't find it, you can buy from Amazon.com; sometimes the book is titled as 'The Deer and the Cauldron'.

Is the Sword Stained With Royal Blood known as 'Shu Jian En Chou Lu' in Mandrin? It has also been translated professionally and titled as 'The Book and The Sword'.

After we really finish RoCH I'm going to read RoCH all over again...
    no actually The Sword Stained with Royal Blood isnt The Book and The Sword.....its 'Bik Huet Kim' and it hasnt been professionally translated......SSw/RB and B&S r 2 different story.....on takes place in the last dynasty-ching while the other takes place in the ming dynasty
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Default news on ROCH ch. 34

im sry i havnt been working as hard as i should on ch. 34......i don think ill b able ta finish translating it by new years......ill try my best......and even if i don get it translated by new years itll definetely b done translated and posted by my birthday......which is close but yet far *sigh*

and by the way i plan to post ch. 34 altogether not in parts......tho i did post a lil part of the beginning
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    im sry i havnt been working as hard as i should on ch. 34......i don think ill b able ta finish translating it by new years......ill try my best......and even if i don get it translated by new years itll definetely b done translated and posted by my birthday......which is close but yet far *sigh*

and by the way i plan to post ch. 34 altogether not in parts......tho i did post a lil part of the beginning
    its all good...at least its being translated...

i can't decide whether i like an entire chapter more or little bits and pieces...at least you're not like IcyFox with his teasers...lol j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    its all good...at least its being translated...

i can't decide whether i like an entire chapter more or little bits and pieces...at least you're not like IcyFox with his teasers...lol j/k
    Ahem ahem...

Meanwhile I'm waiting for Rayon to respond regarding Chap 25...

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    ZOMG! I am a 100% straight male FYI. Well, it must be the way I post, I always ensure that it is respectful and gentlemanlike. Don't be confused dude, Im a guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    no actually The Sword Stained with Royal Blood isnt The Book and The Sword.....its 'Bik Huet Kim' and it hasnt been professionally translated......SSw/RB and B&S r 2 different story.....on takes place in the last dynasty-ching while the other takes place in the ming dynasty

OK OK, I got it... Bangs is a guy and The Sword Stained With Royal Blood is 'Bi Xue Jian'...

* Memorizing... *

Ahem ahem...

Meanwhile I'm waiting for Rayon to respond regarding Chap 25...
    I noticed her name in the people viewing list a short while ago but she didn't reply to any threads that I read. May be she's feeling a bit guilty.