Page 25 of 51 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Return Of The Condor Heroes

UPDATED TRANSLATION CREDITS

WRITER
    Louis Cha (Jin Yong)

PUBLISHER
    Wuxiapedia.com / Spcnet.tv

EDITORS
    JamesG (Consistency)
    Athena (Accuracy)
    Bangs (Language / Grammar)

LEAD TRANSLATOR
    Noodles

TRANSLATORS
    Lanny Lin
    Rayon
    Hanky Panky
    Athena
    BeeDreamer
    Dugu Seeking a Win
    Xuelian
    Xiao_Long_Nu
    Foxs
    IcyFox
    Jin_yong_fan

With Thanks To:
    HHaung
    Han Solo
    Da Bao
    Huang Yushi
    Candide
    SunnySnow
    IcyBlade (My friend)
    MANY MORE!

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    All the readers! Without your support this would not be completed.

[ ~ RoCH 2006 English Edition ~ ]
    Last edited by IcyFox; 09-16-06 at 08:23 AM.

Zhen De Mu Pang Huan Xi Pang
    I came across this pinyin in chapter 35 which our translator was unable to come up with the meaning of. Would someone come up with a translation please .
    Thanks.
    Here's the context:
    "His lieutenants advised him to be careful, but he said, “There’s really someone like Uncle Yang who <Zhen De Mu Pang Huan Xi Pang> (??? Never heard this saying before). Uncle Yang is Yang Hu. His character was above question and the enemy respected him."

Thank you, translators! I've been waiting to read the entirety of this book for so long now. I feel indebted to you guys. Thanks for your great work.

Chapter 34 is almost finished... I just need to check a few more things... IcyFox can you give me the link to that website with the book chapters in Chinese? My cousin has my copy of the book, so I need the website (again).

Hmm... I really don't want this project to be finished... It'll be so sad... Once this is finished then we'll all go our seperate ways, never to be together again. Once we finish with this project there HAS to be another place where we can discuss other books or maybe another project (although I don't think that'll happen). I've seen this happen a lot, once this is done and over with we just all go away. No way to contact each other... etc.etc.etc. It's going to be too sad for me!! I'll probably cry.... *already starts sniffling thinking about that going to happen*
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Zhen De Mu Pang Huan Xi Pang
    I came across this pinyin in chapter 35 which our translator was unable to come up with the meaning of. Would someone come up with a translation please .
    Thanks.
    Here's the context:
    "His lieutenants advised him to be careful, but he said, “There’s really someone like Uncle Yang who <Zhen De Mu Pang Huan Xi Pang> (??? Never heard this saying before). Uncle Yang is Yang Hu. His character was above question and the enemy respected him."

I think I updated that already.
    Please check again.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    Chapter 34 is almost finished... I just need to check a few more things... IcyFox can you give me the link to that website with the book chapters in Chinese? My cousin has my copy of the book, so I need the website (again).

Try this:
    http://www.qiqi.com/cgi-bin/bk2.pl?f...inyong&in=jy04

(The words are a bit small though...)

Hmm... I really don't want this project to be finished... It'll be so sad... Once this is finished then we'll all go our seperate ways, never to be together again. Once we finish with this project there HAS to be another place where we can discuss other books or maybe another project (although I don't think that'll happen). I've seen this happen a lot, once this is done and over with we just all go away. No way to contact each other... etc.etc.etc. It's going to be too sad for me!! I'll probably cry.... *already starts sniffling thinking about that going to happen*
    You can always announce your e-mail address here...

Ok, thanks so much!! Wow... The type IS small... Hmm... Oh well! It's legible and that's all that counts.

Ok, for anyone who wants to e-mail me it's at [email protected] (This is an e-mail address that I use for forums, people who want to write a fanfic with me etc.etc.etc.)
    Last edited by Da Bao; 01-22-06 at 04:14 AM.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Ok, for anyone who wants to e-mail me it's at [email protected] (This is an e-mail address that I use for forums, people who want to write a fanfic with me etc.etc.etc.)

Heh heh... Next time I have any trailers of translations I'll send a copy specially to that address...

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Heh heh... Next time I have any trailers of translations I'll send a copy specially to that address...
    "heh heh"?? *puts in a child like voice* You're scaring me... lol

Ok, perfect. Now... back to working on chapter 34 for me!! Away!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Hehehe, Im still going to be around, Im going to start reading LOCH now, and HSDS too. Maybe other novels too if Im not too busy. ROCH will always be the best one for me coz YG is too cool.*winks at Da Bao*

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Hehehe, Im still going to be around, Im going to start reading LOCH now, and HSDS too. Maybe other novels too if Im not too busy. ROCH will always be the best one for me coz YG is too cool.*winks at Da Bao*
    Yang Guo?!?! Hmmph... He's not even close to being "cool". In my book he's nothing more than a flirt who got lucky. Although... during those 16 years he was separted from Xiao Long Nu, kinda changed my mind (a LITTLE bit). I think only slightly more higher of him. *glares at Bangs*

It's good to know you'll still be around.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

My editing is up to date as of tonight but I'm going to do one more quick run through to pick up anything obvious that I might have missed. If we could just get the missing bits finished life would be good! Then I just might get 'hammered' to celebrate.
    Last edited by JamesG; 01-23-06 at 02:51 AM.

Default Suggestion for future translation...

Hi everybody,

I'm a new member here. I've been following up faithfully on this forum (almost everyday) looking for new translation updates since I stumble upon this website in October 2005.

This site offers "heaven of wuxia world" to all those wuxia lovers especially fans of Jin Yong's literature, who are chinese illiterate like me. I can speak Mandarin as well as other 6 local dialects unfortunately i can't read chinese letters or even write it (except my name and some simple letters).

Thanks to all translators for all your hard work and sacrifices to make wuxia widespread throughout the world. Many of us feel grateful to you.. All your names will be remembered....

Since ROCH is at the ending....
    Dear all translators
    tHERE'S a request and suggestion to continue other translations like:

1. Smiling Proud Wanderer - another great Jin Yong's novel.

It's known that Lanny Lin had been translating all these while, and he is really well appreciated for all he had done. However, lately there had not been any updates for many months at his websites. If I'm not mistaken, he had not been updating since he had a new baby girl in early 2005. And then he only put in new translation in September. Since then, no news from him.

Our hearts yearn for more new translation and hear more news from him... and hopefully this project will be completed one day). Hopefully, he would have seen this and kindly update his work. Or may other translators try to help Lanny to complete this project?

2. The trasnlation of DGSD has also stopped for a long time....
    Is there any translator who would like to take up the courage to translate this wonderful story?

2. Other translations like LOCH are going actively currently.
    Regarding HSDS, it's a pleasant news that recently the website owner Zhaomin / Kirara had informed us the website would be updated with new translation again...

Bravo to all translators...
    Thank you..

Short Announcement:

There may not be any updates for the final installments of RoCH as the Chinese New Year holidays are coming up... I for one will be busy preparing for this festive season...

Please be patient. Thanks.

Happy holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Short Announcement:

There may not be any updates for the final installments of RoCH as the Chinese New Year holidays are coming up... I for one will be busy preparing for this festive season...

Please be patient. Thanks.

Happy holidays.

I love New Years! Ok, I don't think we'll miss the next few translations all that much. I know I'll be very busy helping my family prepare, so I won't be on as often either.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Condorfan

tHERE'S a request and suggestion to continue other translations like:

1. Smiling Proud Wanderer - another great Jin Yong's novel.

2. The trasnlation of DGSD has also stopped for a long time....
    Is there any translator who would like to take up the courage to translate this wonderful story?

I'll definitely look into it. But no promises...

Smiling proud wanderer actually made me feel ill. There's a lot of bloodshed throughout the story.

Now people, don't feel pressured to translate because there's a long, polite request filled with praise, that you need to return this courtesy.

If someone wants to translate he or she will translate without any request out of good will, and we can thank him or her then.

Quote Originally Posted by dustbiter
    Smiling proud wanderer actually made me feel ill. There's a lot of bloodshed throughout the story.

I only raised eyebrows at the Kui Hua Bao Dian and the Bi Xie Jian Fa. The rest wasn't too difficult to stomach for me.

But hey this doesn't seem to be the right place to talk about this...

Default Third edition

Since I'm going back thru the edited translations I may revise the name of XLN's rapist to reflect the 3rd edition change. Lots of digging to catch all the times the name comes up. Should have done it right at the beginning.
    Any objections??