Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Condorfan
    Dear all translators, it's kind of selfish to urge all of you to urgently translate as to fulfill our appetite.

Been trying to do that. I was hoping to complete the whole of RoCH before CNY. Unfortunately some things are beyond our control so I seriously doubt that you'll get to read the whole novel by CNY.

I would be incredibly happy if the translations of chapters 25, 34 and the last part of 40 got finished so that we can share the whole book and I can finish my editing. Maybe I've found a new avocation and might tackle another of the books. What a thing to add to my lifes' resume. From starving actor / musician to Truck Driver to Instrumentation and Controls Engineering to editor. Please note that I've very carefully avoided politics.

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    Please, I took no offense on your comment, and I ask you not to take any. I found wuxiapedia first before spcnet. I appreciate you guys very much.
    Fox-s: Thanks, and don't worry, we are not offended. We thought it'd be helpful just to clarify how things work at wuxiapedia.

As for IcyFox comment on me lending you guys a helping hand, I am afraid I am not qualified since I am Chinese illiterate. Well, not completely, but what I know is not enough to comprehend the story, let alone translate it accurately. But if you do need somebody like me to help, I would be more than happy to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Then maybe you could get Foxs to join Wuxiapedia. ... Do you guys need an additional editor?
    Editing at wuxiapedia is done at several levels:
    1. Compilation -- putting together the fragmented bits and pieces. Anyone who can read in English can do this.
    2. Accuracy and completeness -- checking the translation against the original Chinese text. The volunteer should be Chinese-literate. Fluency in English is a great advantage.
    3. Grammar and syntax -- correcting grammar and syntax errors. The volunteer must be fluent in written English.
    4. Proof-reading -- checking the edited text for typo errors and words that are inadvertantly left out. In addition to fluency in English, the volunteer must be a careful reader.

Therefore, volunteers can contribute in areas that they are comfortable with.

So anyway when can you guys update RoCH at Wuxiapedia?
    I've heard news that Chap 40 is complete but I don't know how's the progress with Chap 34. Hopefully both can be published before CNY.
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I would be incredibly happy if the translations of chapters 25, 34 and the last part of 40 got finished so that we can share the whole book and I can finish my editing.
    We are currently liaising with JamesG (who is editing ROCH) for a final version of the translation. So, we'd probably have to wait until the unfinished chapters are done and edited before we can start updating/posting.

HYS/Yushi HUANG
    cc: Candide
    wuxiapedia.com
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

I'm still waiting for applicants for helping out with Chap 25... This is the last part of RoCH and so it's your last chance to help translate part of this wonderful novel by Jin Yong.

William, before you retire you can always take part.
    Yes it's true that translaters are clearly in demand here in this forum especially. Nevertheless, I would never pass away the opportunity to help people when there is a chance t do so as long as I don't bring too much harm to myself in the 1st place.
    But here's the problem. Are you guys translating the Chinese version? Here's the problem, I can't read chinese characters. Sorry!
    I am living in exile, waiting for a little ray of hope to bring me back to where I belong.

That's true. BUT .... if more than one translations are available, then only one will be published in wuxiapedia, just like HuangYushi said. I haven't read Kirara's, but I have browsed william's. I don't see anything wrong with his work. So the issue here is 'needed' or not - or 'sufficient' or not. I just hate to have somebody work hard for nothing. I don't mean financially since we are volunteers here, but nobody else is going to enjoy the work.

Honestly, I don't have any solution for this problem. Perhaps others would share their opinion?
    My work is really that good? Confession! Indonesian is not a language I know. I have never spoken or learnt that language anytime in my life. Wow! I can do it!
    Anyway, here's the link to our translation again.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13588
    I am living in exile, waiting for a little ray of hope to bring me back to where I belong.

Default Chapter 25

FYI, I currently am working on the next part of Chapter 25. IcyFox will continue after that.

I seriously doubt it will be finished by the new year, but I think it won't be too long after that.

I have finished Chapter 40, and my editor, Her Highness Da Bao is still working on it.

I haven't heard from Jin_Yong_Fan for a while. JYF, if you read this, please drop us a note. I think everybody is busy preparing themselves for the Lunar New Year (because I know for a fact that other nationality also celebrate this day).

William, my knowledge of Chinese characters is limited. I just combined the product of altavista and the bahasa Indonesia edition and the other chapters already done. It's a lot of work, I know. But I enjoy it. And so do many of you.

Huang Yushi; I think I can do number 1 and so-so on number 3 and 4. But seriously, if you need an extra hand, just let me know. I am learning how to use the altavista translator, so perhaps (perhaps ... - finger crossed) I can improve my ability in reading Chinese characters. I learned Chinese for quite a while, but seldom use it. It's rusty ...
    foxs

Yes, I'll be continuing Chap 25. But first let me play that silly Swordsmen Survivors game...

Jin_yong_fan, if you're rushing to complete Chap 34 by LNY (Lunar New Year) just let me know. I'll help you.

If Wuxiapedia wants me I'll also gladly join the party. I should be able to do 'levels' 1-4.

And why does everyone call Da Bao 'Her Highness'?

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

Yes, I'll be continuing Chap 25. But first let me play that silly Swordsmen Survivors game...
    lol...its addicting....

but perhaps i have nothing better to do...

fox-s and Icy Fox: Please check your PM!
    Jin Yong's Ode to Gallantry [侠客行].
    Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    what about SPT, I need my SPT fix ASAP, pretty pleaseeeee...
    Soon ... SOON!

FYI, I currently am working on the next part of Chapter 25. IcyFox will continue after that.

I seriously doubt it will be finished by the new year, but I think it won't be too long after that.

I have finished Chapter 40, and my editor, Her Highness Da Bao is still working on it.

I haven't heard from Jin_Yong_Fan for a while. JYF, if you read this, please drop us a note. I think everybody is busy preparing themselves for the Lunar New Year (because I know for a fact that other nationality also celebrate this day).

William, my knowledge of Chinese characters is limited. I just combined the product of altavista and the bahasa Indonesia edition and the other chapters already done. It's a lot of work, I know. But I enjoy it. And so do many of you.

Huang Yushi; I think I can do number 1 and so-so on number 3 and 4. But seriously, if you need an extra hand, just let me know. I am learning how to use the altavista translator, so perhaps (perhaps ... - finger crossed) I can improve my ability in reading Chinese characters. I learned Chinese for quite a while, but seldom use it. It's rusty ...
    I can help a lot if there's actually an Indonesian version for me to refer to. My chinese level is equivalent to the level of a Primary 2 student!

Someone actually finished translating the chapter 34?

Quote Originally Posted by HuangYushi
    fox-s and Icy Fox: Please check your PM!
    Huang Yushi: Please check your PM!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus
    Someone actually finished translating the chapter 34?
    Almost finished. Coming soon...

thanks IcyFox

Default New Year Greating

To all the translators and everybody else:

Chuc Mung Nam Moi
    Kung Hei Fat Choi
    Gōng Xǐ Fā Cái
    Keong Hee Huat Chye

JamesG
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    From starving actor / musician to Truck Driver to Instrumentation and Controls Engineering to editor. Please note that I've very carefully avoided politics.
    I was a semi-professional musician (I still play for the church and for fun), never drive a truck for a living, although I almost became a city bus driver (I was employed, but conflict of schedule with my classes), and I am a mechanical engineer. And I loathe politics. So I guess we have more in common that I thought we did.

Go Engineers!
    foxs

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

what instrument did you play?

Happy Lunar New Year to one and all
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    what instrument did you play?
    Flute, and started Oboe in 2004.

Are you a musician too?
    foxs

Flute, and started Oboe in 2004.
    Wow! I envy musicians! I wish I can play music too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Wow! I envy musicians! I wish I can play music too.

I only know how to play Mahjong.
    Good luck to those playing Mahjong during this festive season!