Page 34 of 51 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738394041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

I don't think you will be hearing any complaints from me. But consider yourself getting a cyber hug as soon as you post Chapter 34

Default ROCH edited chapters

I'm planning to send the first 20 edited chapters to Candide later today or tomorrow. Who should I send these chapters to on this site and is there a preferred file format here?
    JamesG

Default sending material to wuxiapedia

James, I thought I forwarded Candide's email. Let me know if you haven't received it.
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    James, I thought I forwarded Candide's email. Let me know if you haven't received it.
    Yup I got it and will do the txt file conversion for him and that takes care of Wuxiapedia.
    But that still leaves the question about this site. Who looks after the Jin Yong Reading room here?

Sorry I misunderstood. As far as I know, the reading room in this forum has been 'dead' for a long time.
    foxs

For the Reading Rooms, you have to sign up at Spcnet.tv itself (not this forum). Your account will be given some sort of translations section. It says something like if you upload your translations there, Spcnet would help you send them to the Reading Rooms.

If you want you can send them to me. I'll try to see if it works as well as supposed.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    For the Reading Rooms, you have to sign up at Spcnet.tv itself (not this forum). Your account will be given some sort of translations section. It says something like if you upload your translations there, Spcnet would help you send them to the Reading Rooms.

If you want you can send them to me. I'll try to see if it works as well as supposed.
    I'm already a member there and will check it out.
    Thanks
    Checked it and the reading room there is not the same as the one below and only lists one JY storey???
    http://www.spcnet.tv/jinyong/jyreadingroom.shtml
    Maybe I'd have to contact them to get all the details or you could if you'd like to and I'll just keep on editing.
    Last edited by JamesG; 02-08-06 at 08:43 PM.

Hmm, JamesG :
    When you finish editing could you send everything to Huang Yushi or Candide/Linh Vu? It would be less messy if they received everything from the same person.
    Thanks.

By the way, I think I'll help you contact Spcnet. You concentrate on your editing.
    And do you mind giving me your e-mail address (in case those Survivor games crash Spcnet again ) ?

Is it something like:
    [email protected] ?

Hmm, JamesG :
    When you finish editing could you send everything to Huang Yushi or Candide/Linh Vu? It would be less messy if they received everything from the same person.
    Thanks.

By the way, I think I'll help you contact Spcnet. You concentrate on your editing.
    And do you mind giving me your e-mail address (in case those Survivor games crash Spcnet again ) ?

Is it something like:
    [email protected] ?
    Actually my avatar's name is Avatar.
    Check your PM

Hey NICE!
    The Reading Rooms work!
    You can update them automatically!

I can help you guys upload RoCH there when I'm free.
    Is that OK guys? Candide? Foxs? Everybody!

dun mean to be unappreciative or something, but how's chapter 34 coming along?
    TaZzY InC

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Thanks for helping me bump the Contents Page. If you can bump it at every new page.

I'm now trying to do something about it.
    hey, dun mean to sound stupid here, but what do u mean by bumping the Contents Page?
    Solitary trees, if they grow at all, grow strong.

dat means to repeat it for the benefit of the reader - so that they do not have to scroll up and down and next page and previous page for it
    TaZzY InC

Default Chapter 34

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    dun mean to be unappreciative or something, but how's chapter 34 coming along?
    Sorry Tazzy ... you will have to wait patiently. Jin_Yong_Fan is still working on it. She has a few more pages to translate. The last part has been done ... by me, and Da Bao (as she mentioned it before) has finished editing it (but I haven't received it back).

If you are dying to read it ... LOL pm me, I will send the unfinished version for your reading enjoyment. But in the meantime, I feel that we should give JYF some time to finish her part.
    foxs

Foxs, can you tell me the paragraphs of the unfinished part? I could help translate them. Of course I'll tell JYF.

Default Temporary avatar

Just thought I'd give Avatar's love interest some 'exposure'.
    She's the fairy Princess Elinore who is cute, voluptuous, and dittzy. So, for one day only...

Aaaarrrgghh! Three edited chapters disappeared and I've got to do them over again.
    There'll be a short delay while I bang my head against the wall, whimper and then get back to work!
    Last edited by JamesG; 02-09-06 at 06:06 PM.

Sorry Tazzy ... you will have to wait patiently. Jin_Yong_Fan is still working on it. She has a few more pages to translate. The last part has been done ... by me, and Da Bao (as she mentioned it before) has finished editing it (but I haven't received it back).

If you are dying to read it ... LOL pm me, I will send the unfinished version for your reading enjoyment. But in the meantime, I feel that we should give JYF some time to finish her part.
    i....n.... d.....i......r......e.....n.....e....e....d.... but it is ok.... i will wait
    TaZzY InC

Man, I can't wait. Can't you guys let me do something? I'm very free and very BORED.

Sorry I was busy yesterday guys ... Didn't have time to check this forum.

IcyFox, if you still have the 'Chapter 34 - Unfinished' file from me, that was it. I did some more editing on the existing translation, mainly to synchronize it with the second edition, but I haven't done any more translation.

Jin_Yong_Fan told me she had a couple more pages done, I asked her to send them to me, but I haven't heard from her yet.

If you want to continue, why don't you start about two pages from where she left off, and stop where I started. But could you send it to me first? I'd like to combine everybody's work into one full chapter.

Da Bao has not sent me her edited part. Da Bao ... where are you?

BTW, IcyFox, if you are still bored and free, how about helping us translate Chapter 16 of LoCH? xfiberfloss is finishing chapter 12, sunnysnow is finishing chapter 13, I started chapter 14 last night, william is working on chapter 15.

I know you don't want to work on LoCH, but what about only one chapter?
    Last edited by fox-s; 02-10-06 at 12:52 PM.
    foxs

Sorry I was busy yesterday guys ... Didn't have time to check this forum.

IcyFox, if you still have the 'Chapter 34 - Unfinished' file from me, that was it. I did some more editing on the existing translation, mainly to synchronize it with the second edition, but I haven't done any more translation.

Jin_Yong_Fan told me she had a couple more pages done, I asked her to send them to me, but I haven't heard from her yet.

If you want to continue, why don't you start about two pages from where she left off, and stop where I started. But could you send it to me first? I'd like to combine everybody's work into one full chapter.

Da Bao has not sent me her edited part. Da Bao ... where are you?

BTW, IcyFox, if you are still bored and free, how about helping us translate Chapter 16 of LoCH? xfiberfloss is finishing chapter 12, sunnysnow is finishing chapter 13, I started chapter 14 last night, william is working on chapter 15.

I know you don't want to work on LoCH, but what about only one chapter?

OK. I'll do about 3 pages from where she stopped.

Maybe Chap 17 or 18 for LoCH. Those articles will take a long time to write.

@Bangs : Noticed my posts?
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-10-06 at 01:09 PM.