Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Hope to 'find' that missing part in Chap 34 by the end of this week. (See prev. pg. for details.) If not by Mon or Tue latest. Tks for your patience.

BTW, I edited the RoCH article already. If there are no more problems I'll submit it to Wuxiapedia.com

Default Chapter 34

Da Bao has posted the unfinished chapter, IcyFox is going to plug the hole (well, most of it anyway), I am still waiting for Jin_Yong_Fan to send me the first part of the hole. I have edited my file to reflect the changes in the second edition ... (I haven't posted it yet)

Anyway, I will consolidate the whole chapter and post it later. So James, don't go editing it yet. I promise I will be quick (providing IcyFox and Jin_Yong_Fan send theirs to me).
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    Anyway, I will consolidate the whole chapter and post it later. So James, don't go editing it yet. I promise I will be quick (providing IcyFox and Jin_Yong_Fan send theirs to me).
    No problem since I'm just finishing the 2nd edit of chapter 26. I should finish thru chapter 30 tomorrow and I'll send 10 more chapters to Han at Wuxiapedia.
    By the way, which fox was going to download to the Reading Room?
    I might as well send groups of 10 chapters so we can get it started. Is there a direct link from this site to the JY Reading Room?

Guo Fu needs two special accupoints. One for her mouth and one for her temper.
    Last edited by JamesG; 02-17-06 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    No problem since I'm just finishing the 2nd edit of chapter 26. I should finish thru chapter 30 tomorrow and I'll send 10 more chapters to Han at Wuxiapedia.
    The Han that you mentioned, is it me?
    If so, then i'll need to start remembering the mod functions at wuxiapedia for edits.

Han SOlo

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    The Han that you mentioned, is it me?
    If so, then i'll need to start remembering the mod functions at wuxiapedia for edits.

Han SOlo
    It's Han Nguyen.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Mid-winter??? My my... what time zone are you in? It's almost summer here!
    Summer!!?? No way! It's freezing here... It's under 20 degrees F.... It started snowing recently...

Guo Fu... She needs to learn to control her temper... *trying to be nice in my choice of words*
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    Relax... Coming soon...

By the way, which fox was going to download to the Reading Room?
    I might as well send groups of 10 chapters so we can get it started. Is there a direct link from this site to the JY Reading Room?
    The IcyFox.
    I don't think there's a direct link. I'll post the link in the sticky thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    Summer!!?? No way! It's freezing here... It's under 20 degrees F.... It started snowing recently...
    It's almost 32 or 33 degrees Celcius (About 303K) over here. Either your time zone is way behind or mine is way ahead.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-19-06 at 04:39 AM.

Relax... Coming soon...

The IcyFox.
    I don't think there's a direct link. I'll post the link in the sticky thread.

It's almost 32 or 32 degrees Celcius (About 303K) over here. Either your time zone is way behind or mine is way ahead.
    After several weeks of well above normal temperatures it went down to minus 26° C last night. Back to above normal by Sunday.
    Weenies!

After several weeks of well above normal temperatures it went down to minus 26° C last night. Back to above normal by Sunday.
    Weenies!
    The temperature now is 4-5° C... and it's supposed to get even colder... I'm freezing here! I'm normally used to the cold but this is too much for me!

I wonder how any of the pampered Wu Xia characters would faire in this weather...?
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    The temperature now is 4-5° C... and it's supposed to get even colder... I'm freezing here! I'm normally used to the cold but this is too much for me!

I wonder how any of the pampered Wu Xia characters would faire in this weather...?
    They usually don't have a problem. Their internal energy is enough to keep them warm throughout the whole story.

Meanwhile I'm trying to stop slacking and fill up that hole. I feel like a road works labourer now.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-18-06 at 04:17 AM.

They usually don't have a problem. Their internal energy is enough to keep them warm throughout the whole story.
    Internal enery... pah! When it get really cold they just sit in front of a fire toasting their tushes and tootsies and wait it out.

OK, I admit Chap 34 was a tactical error on my part. I take full responsiblity for the mistake. I'll make sure the whole RoCH (edited) will be ready by next week.

Apologies.

Hmm... I wish Guo Fu would freeze, just a little... She needs something bad to happen to her!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I sent this to some translators via email but thought I should post it again here. Does anyone have access to chapter pictures of ROCH, like the ones Wuxiapedia have for LOCH, HSDS, DGSD, XAJH etc.? It would look nice and complete with those. If you do, would it be possible for you to scan them and email them to me?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Wow! Thanks for giving out chapter 34! Da Bao, JY Fan, and the fox team!

OK I have uploaded the whole of Book 1 to the Reading Rooms.

To JamesG : There's a serious problem. Since you're already using the more accurate title "Divine Eagle, Gallant Knight", then why do you change the more well-known title to "Return of the Eagle Heroes"? The alternate (and more famous) title "Return of the Condor Heroes" should be used instead. I think there's no point using TWO less-well-known titles for such a popular book.

And "Divine Eagle, Gallant Knight" is not totally accurate either. It really should be "Heroic Divine Eagle Lovers". Thanks.

(Sorry about this, this is a critical time for RoCH, I can't waste time exchanging pleasantries. )

I just saw those chapters. And most of the paragraphs and the sentences, are not properly spaced.

Just a little tip(not sure how spcnet work, but it work on wuxiapedia), most of them can be easily corrected in Word by using the replace all function. By inputting,

Find: ^p
    Replace with: ^p^p

(This process is not error free, but it should correct most the problem).

EDIT: This method may not work all the time, it depends on how the paragraph are spaced or formatted. But for those chapters, it should work. I hope.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 02-19-06 at 01:48 PM.

To JamesG : There's a serious problem. Since you're already using the more accurate title "Divine Eagle, Gallant Knight", then why do you change the more well-known title to "Return of the Eagle Heroes"? The alternate (and more famous) title "Return of the Condor Heroes" should be used instead. I think there's no point using TWO less-well-known titles for such a popular book.

And "Divine Eagle, Gallant Knight" is not totally accurate either. It really should be "Heroic Divine Eagle Lovers". Thanks.

(Sorry about this, this is a critical time for RoCH, I can't waste time exchanging pleasantries. )
    Sorry, I forgot to change the title back to Condor Heroes after I did the global change (condor>eagle) in the main translation. Feel free to change it and I will in the file.
    My apologies

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    I just saw those chapters. And most of the paragraphs and the sentences, are not properly spaced.

Just a little tip(not sure how spcnet work, but it work on wuxiapedia), most of them can be easily corrected in Word by using the replace all function. By inputting,

Find: ^p
    Replace with: ^p^p

(This process is not error free, but it should correct most the problem).

EDIT: This method may not work all the time, it depends on how the paragraph are spaced or formatted. But for those chapters, it should work. I hope.
    The files I sent to icyfox did have the separations. Wonder if it has something to do with how the download to SPCNET is handled there, since the same file is up on Wuxiapedia c/w spacing.
    Last edited by JamesG; 02-19-06 at 03:43 PM.

The files I sent to icyfox did have the separations. Wonder if it has something to do with how the download to SPCNET is handled there.
    Yea, it is something only Word can read though. Usually in posting (even here in the forum, I think), separation done through format-paragraph function in Word would be removed. The same would occur when I convert doc files to txt files.

They can only read how many time you push the enter key, rather than what you did with the formatting.

I hope you can see the symbols I inputted in.
    If not, get a new browser. Or for the arrows I am going to talk about http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...21b5/index.htm

If you ever push the button in the toolbar(of word) that look like this ¶ (paragraph character). You can see how many time you hit the enter button (along with tabs and spaces).

To be more complicated , in spacing between paragraphs there is two different characters. One is just pushing only the [enter key], it would produce this ¶ (paragraph char). The other is pushing [shift key + enter key] at the same time and it would give you a return arrow ( ↵ ) (like the one on the enter key, at least on my keyboard I have it). These ↵ (return arrow) unlike ¶ (paragraph char) are uneffected by the formatting done in words.

In copying from the forum, it would mainly give you these ↵ (return arrow) rather than ¶. I mainly preferred the ¶ (paragraph char), so I convert the doc to txt, repasting it back in doc again to convert the ↵ (return arrow) to ¶ (paragraph char), just make it easier to work in Word.

, since the same file is up on Wuxiapedia c/w spacing.
    Hehehehe
    For wuxiapedia, I actually re-edit the spaces. And alot of other mumbo-jumbo before displaying it.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 02-19-06 at 04:05 PM.