Page 37 of 51 FirstFirst ... 272829303132333435363738394041424344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan
    Yea, it is something only Word can read though. Usually in posting (even here in the forum, I think), separation done through format-paragraph function in Word would be removed. The same would occur when I convert doc files to txt files.

They can only read how many time you push the enter key, rather than what you did with the formatting.

I hope you can see the symbols I inputted in.
    If not, get a new browser. Or for the arrows I am going to talk about http://www.fileformat.info/info/unic...21b5/index.htm

If you ever push the button in the toolbar(of word) that look like this ¶ (paragraph character). You can see how many time you hit the enter button (along with tabs and spaces).

To be more complicated , in spacing between paragraphs there is two different characters. One is just pushing only the [enter key], it would produce this ¶ (paragraph char). The other is pushing [shift key + enter key] at the same time and it would give you a return arrow ( ↵ ) (like the one on the enter key, at least on my keyboard I have it). These ↵ (return arrow) unlike ¶ (paragraph char) are uneffected by the formatting done in words.

In copying from the forum, it would mainly give you these ↵ (return arrow) rather than ¶. I mainly preferred the ¶ (paragraph char), so I convert the doc to txt, repasting it back in doc again to convert the ↵ (return arrow) to ¶ (paragraph char), just make it easier to work in Word.

Hehehehe
    For wuxiapedia, I actually re-edit the spaces. And alot of other mumbo-jumbo before displaying it.
    Another Wizard at work!
    Are you saying that if I remove the enter key spaces and replace them with shift/enter it would help you guys with posting? If so, I'm willing to put in the effort.
    Last edited by JamesG; 02-19-06 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Another Wizard at work!
    Are you saying that if I remove the enter key spaces and replace them with shift/enter it would help you guys with posting? If so, I'm willing to put in the effort.

Thanks. That would be really helpful. I think you only need to do that for Chap 1-8 'cos Chap 9 and 10 are displayed correctly.

And Wizard James, have you contacted the other translators yet? If not I could do so myself, leaving you free for the admin and editing work.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Thanks. That would be really helpful. I think you only need to do that for Chap 1-8 'cos Chap 9 and 10 are displayed correctly.
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft with its ability to do weird things. Creating a custom dictionary provides useful results about 3/5ths of the time and the other 2/5ths it seems as tho it can't recognize what's in it! The Spell Checker and Grammar functions are so inconsistent as to drive a person nuts (I know, for some people it's a short trip ) I'll try it with chapter 1 and fire it off to you as a test.

And Wizard James, have you contacted the other translators yet? If not I could do so myself, leaving you free for the admin and editing work.
    Go for it! You may have trouble contacting the odd one. I'm sure some of them come to the site without logging in anymore because they feel guilty about dropping their translations. If so, it's foolish since we are grateful that at least they did as much as they did.

Let me see...'shift/enter...shift/enter....

Welcome to the wonderful world of Microsoft with its ability to do weird things. Creating a custom dictionary provides useful results about 3/5ths of the time and the other 2/5ths it seems as tho it can't recognize what's in it! The Spell Checker and Grammar functions are so inconsistent as to drive a person nuts (I know, for some people it's a short trip ) I'll try it with chapter 1 and fire it off to you as a test.
    OK, I'm on standby. Will update this post once I receive it.

Edit : Received. Trial a success. Please send the rest. Thanks.

Go for it! You may have trouble contacting the odd one. I'm sure some of them come to the site without logging in anymore because they feel guilty about dropping their translations. If so, it's foolish since we are grateful that at least they did as much as they did.

Let me see...'shift/enter...shift/enter....
    I'll get help from Spcnet in contacting some of them through e-mail.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-20-06 at 02:20 AM.

Here's a tip : MS Word, like whatever Microsoft makes, is seriously f'ed up when it comes to tags and clean markups, so if you're proofreading, after you've run it through Spell Checker, paste it in NotePad and use Search/Replace to clean up any mess that's left from Word (by default it gets rid of a lot of things though). Then save the final doc as a Unicode (this is important) text fiile.

About contacting translators: I can handle that. You guys can concentrate on proofreading and translating. Which ones do you want to contact in particular?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

sry guys...havnt been here for a while

is 34 done yet?

Default Chapters 1 thru 7

I just discovered that chapters 1 thru 7 must have had different formatting than 8 & 9 when I copied them for editing. What appears to be an entered space between paragraphs is not a space at all but a formatted separation. 8 & 9 do have real spaces between paragraphs. If chapter 1 downloads properly now then I'll do the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    sry guys...havnt been here for a while

is 34 done yet?
    Coming soon. I'm already working on it as fast as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    About contacting translators: I can handle that. You guys can concentrate on proofreading and translating. Which ones do you want to contact in particular?
    All. Especially NOODLES.
    See the credits:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/readingrooms/fo...anslationID=10

@JamesG : I'm on a 24-hour standby status now. I'll process anything you send me within 12 hours.

Edit : Chapter 1 is a success. Please send Chap 2-7 ASAP.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-20-06 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Here's a tip : MS Word, like whatever Microsoft makes, is seriously f'ed up when it comes to tags and clean markups, so if you're proofreading, after you've run it through Spell Checker, paste it in NotePad and use Search/Replace to clean up any mess that's left from Word (by default it gets rid of a lot of things though). Then save the final doc as a Unicode (this is important) text fiile.

BeeDreamer (in particular), xuelian, xiao_long_nu who have not posted in quite a while.

CONTACTING TRANSLATORS

OK, here's the plan guys :
    Candide will contact the people who are inactive while I contact those who are currently active. JamesG, if you're free you could help contact them as well. If we don't know the e-mail address of anyone we'll get Spcnet to contact them. How's that?

Active
    Athena
    Rayon
    Fox-s
    Jin_yong_fan
    Da Bao
    Huang Yu Shi
    SunnySnow

Inactive
    Noodles
    Lanny Lin
    Hanky Panky
    BeeDreamer
    Dugu Seeking a Win
    Xuelian
    Xiao_Long_Nu

Note : Inactive users are those whose last activity was before 12 Feb 2006, or 1 week ago. If active users do not respond within 3 days, we can contact them by e-mail.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-21-06 at 10:46 PM.

Default hello and thank you

Hello guys,
    I am a newbie here but I am not a newbie to wuxia
    I used to read wuxia novels in khmer language (cambodian language) and also watch a lot of wuxia dramas including ROCH too.

I think a last I found a place to drop by everytime I access to the internet.you guys did a great job in translating wuxia novels into english so that people who can not read chinese like me can enjoy wuxia as well.

please keep on doing this great job and maintain this good community.

cheer
    A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step.

Quote Originally Posted by googee
    please keep on doing this great job and maintain this good community.
    Thanks for dropping by.

The activity here is going to end soon, though. I'll be completing RoCH by the end of this week. You may like to visit the LoCH thread. Many of the translators here are moving over there.

@JamesG : In case you didn't notice my previous posts, the trial was a success. I'm now waiting for Chap 2-7 and Books 2-4. Thanks.

Thanks for dropping by.

The activity here is going to end soon, though. I'll be completing RoCH by the end of this week. You may like to visit the LoCH thread. Many of the translators here are moving over there.

@JamesG : In case you didn't notice my previous posts, the trial was a success. I'm now waiting for Chap 2-7 and Books 2-4. Thanks.
    I'll start sending them shortly. Sure would be nice if chap 34 gets finished so that I can see a real end to the task.

I'll start sending them shortly. Sure would be nice if chap 34 gets finished so that I can see a real end to the task.
    Received Chap 2-4 and updated accordingly. All in order. Currently waiting for Chap 5-7. Thanks.

Edit : Book 1 fully updated. Currently waiting for Books 2-4. Thanks.

About the plan to contact the translators, what do you guys think? If there's no objection I'll send out the invitations today.

Edit : Uploaded to Chap 15. Currently waiting for Chap 16-40. JamesG, you're really efficient!
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-20-06 at 11:28 PM.

looking forward to 34 being completed as well
    TaZzY InC

My section of Chapter 34, completed FINALLY!
    If Fox-s doesn't compile the chapter I'll do it tomorrow.

---------------------------------------------------------

Excerpt From Chapter 34.
    Translated By IcyFox.

Edit : Moved To Post #774.

END OF SECTION.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-22-06 at 09:31 AM.

Talking Wow, is this the part where the mediation happened?

WOO HOO! Well, this among the issues that was not clearly settled after the Legen Of The Condor Heroes ended. I would be really interested in seeing how this issue is handled.
    I am living in exile, waiting for a little ray of hope to bring me back to where I belong.

Where does this continue from? The last part was "Yang Guo did not budge. He threw his tiger away, flipped his hand, and caught the end of the rod. "
    TaZzY InC

Edit : Uploaded to Chap 15. Currently waiting for Chap 16-40. JamesG, you're really efficient!
    We aims to pleez!
    You should have 16 to 30 as well.
    When the fully compiled chapter 34 is posted, I'll do the editing and then finish the re-edit of 38 thru 40. I'll resume sending the edited chapters then.
    The end is nigh!

I do hope ALL of the translators log on to receive their well deserved kudos. Hugs, kisses (for the ladies) and beers and cheers!
    Last edited by JamesG; 02-21-06 at 03:47 AM.

I do hope ALL of the translators log on to receive their well deserved kudos. Hugs, kisses (for the ladies) and beers and cheers!

You sent them the PMs already? Cool.

I'm uploading Chap 16 to 25 right NOW at this very moment.

Edit : Chapters uploaded successfully. Currently on standby mode again.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-21-06 at 04:02 AM.