Page 38 of 51 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Wow, good job all you people who worked so hard. It's great to be able to read this novel in its entirety.

That said, an ROCH Unabridged thread really needs to be made =)

Ah well, reading room is good too.
    Last edited by ChronoReverse; 02-21-06 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoReverse
    That said, an ROCH Unabridged thread really needs to be made =)
    I'm currently uploading RoCH to the Reading Rooms.
    http://www.spcnet.tv/readingrooms/vi...anslationID=10

Edit : Chapters 16-25 uploaded successfully. Currently on standby mode again.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-21-06 at 06:59 AM.

My section of Chapter 34:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=736

Foxs and JYF, please take note. Tks.

@JamesG: Please take note of the translation markings when you do your editing. Each chapter should clearly state who translated which part. Tks.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-21-06 at 10:37 AM.

so Fox-S and JYF going to complete the other portions? I take it that IcyFox did the middle section of the missing portion, right?
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    so Fox-S and JYF going to complete the other portions? I take it that IcyFox did the middle section of the missing portion, right?
    I covered most of the hole. About 10 pages of text. All that is left of RoCH is just about 3 pages in Chap 34.

Edit : I was about to send the translators their invitations when I suddenly realised I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to say. Anyone wants to help me out here?

@JamesG : I just noticed I spelt 'disciple' wrongly throughout. Pls help me correct. Tks.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-21-06 at 10:12 AM.

3 more pages.... hooray
    TaZzY InC

Here's the last missing part of Chap 34.
    It's highly inaccurate, though, because I rushed through this part.
    It can be used as a filler till JYF publishes the proper translation.
    Hope you guys don't mind.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit : Merged With Post #774.

Oh yes! Chapter 34 is finally completed... Haha.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-23-06 at 07:11 AM.

Default 3 pages

IcyFox, thanks for your hard work and enthusiasm.

Yes, there is a small part missing. I am waiting for JYF, but I learned earlier that she is grounded from using computers, both at home and at school. So sorry for you, Jin_Yong_Fan.

OK, I will try translating the remaining 3 pages, and (God's willing) will post it tomorrow. So IcyFox, don't compile it yet, it ain't over yet man ...

I have done some additional editing on the part that I did, so it will be a little bit different from the version posted by Da Bao.

Edited:
    Oops .. looks like IcyFox just posted the missing part just before I post this message. OK, I will compile it right away ....
    Last edited by fox-s; 02-21-06 at 11:19 AM. Reason: IcyFox last post
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    I was about to send the translators their invitations when I suddenly realised I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to say. Anyone wants to help me out here?
    First of all you should ask yourself, "what am I inviting them for?" Then from that you should be able to find an answer to your problem.

Hurray for CH 34 is about to be completed and thus ROCH is fully translated.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    First of all you should ask yourself, "what am I inviting them for?" Then from that you should be able to find an answer to your problem.

Hurray for CH 34 is about to be completed and thus ROCH is fully translated.
    We're mostly interested in inviting back the translators who've disappeared from this site. I think some may feel unwelcome after they stopped translating. I don't think we're that small minded!
    Come on folks, let them know they're welcome here.

@JamesG : I just noticed I spelt 'disciple' wrongly throughout. Pls help me correct. Tks.

Never fear, none of use are within a 'light year' of perfection!
    Which chapter? Several others made the same error but the spell checker caught it. I noticed that I missed a couple of name errors in chapter 25 so I'll fix them and re-send it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    To come here and post something. That sounds kind of lame.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    We're mostly interested in inviting back the translators who've disappeared from this site. I think some may feel unwelcome after they stopped translating.
    OK, I'll give it a shot. I hope none of them will vomit blood on reading my lame invitations first.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Never fear, none of use are within a 'light year' of perfection!
    Which chapter?
    I think in all my chapters : 25, 33, 35, 37, 39. "Disciple" is just too common in Wuxia Fiction. Anyway, Wizard, I've not gone through your edited version yet. When I do so I should be giving you some feedback, not all of which might be positive. Hope you don't mind. Thanks.

Edit : Uploaded up to Chap 30. Currently waiting for Book 4.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 02-21-06 at 08:27 PM.

I think in all my chapters : 25, 33, 35, 37, 39. "Disciple" is just too common in Wuxia Fiction. Anyway, Wizard, I've not gone through your edited version yet. When I do so I should be giving you some feedback, not all of which is positive. Hope you don't mind. Thanks.
    Edit : Uploaded up to Chap 30. Currently waiting for Book 4.
    I probably caught those when I spell checked them. The top two miss-spelled words by just about every translator were, disciple(s), listen(s)(ed) Some words like 'suddenly' and 'just' were used when they weren't required.

there seems to be a gap between chap 34 and 35...

what i have for 34 last part:

It was indeed Yi Deng. Yang Guo said in a clear voice, “Disciple Yang Guo greets Reverend.” He dragged Guo Xiang and ran up to him.

what I have for 35 first part:

Yang Guo brought about the reunion of Zhou Bo Tong and Ying Gu, allowed Ci-en to die peacefully and managed to obtain the 9-tailed fox.

Did i miss out anything?
    TaZzY InC

Tazzy, you miss a lot. You didn't read Da Bao post on the translation of chapter 34. It is translated till the end of the chapter. It was a few pages back. No wonder I didn't know what you were talking about in your last few posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    Did i miss out anything?

Yes, you missed * a lot *.

This is the rest of Chap 34:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...&postcount=697

Sorry, chapter 34 is currently undergoing editing, so it's quite chaotic now.

I have a question, in the reading room, it reads " Reproduction or reprinting of these translations on any medium, including the internet, without permission is prohibited."

I've previously proposed to make a pdf version of the completed and edit version so that people can just download all of it to read offline or to print out to read at their leisure. I, for one, hate reading on the monitor so I wanted to print it all out and read it on actual paper. I asked for "permission" to do so (and to also host the pdf file for everybody) here in the past, but I only got a nod from JamesG. I'm just wondering where I can get this "permission" to reproduce the completed translation? Of course, all the proper credits will be given, and no, I absolutely do not plan to make any money from this. It's more of giving back to the community.

Technically speaking, it's troublesome to get a proper valid permission.

But for simplicity, I think you can just ask Candide if you can print it off Wuxiapedia.com.

you know, its an estimated 1000 pages that you would have to print out... thats a whole lot. your printer would catch a fire if you tried to printed it all out at once.