Page 46 of 51 FirstFirst ... 36373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

I'll be posting a (rather major) treatise on martial arts (which I wrote) in the Wuxia Fiction forum tomorrow (Monday, 6 March 2006) at 12am GMT (About 8am HK/SG time and 5pm US time).

Everyone is invited to take part in the debate that follows. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    What!? Are you saying that you can translate without knowing how to read and write chinese? How'd you do that?
    No, I am not THAT illiterate .. but my knowledge is limited, not enough to translate a novel. Fortunately there is a wonderful thing called the internet. I give credit to babelfish and mdbg.net.
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    NOODLES gave up translating to concentrate on his food business.
    Gad Fox One; it took two views before I realized the reference to my old pun. Must be getting old.

I'll be posting a (rather major) treatise on martial arts (which I wrote) in the Wuxia Fiction forum tomorrow (Monday, 6 March 2006) at 12am GMT (About 8am HK/SG time and 5pm US time).

Everyone is invited to take part in the debate that follows. Thanks.
    I just browsed through your article. Man ... !!! that was a LOT of work! My hat's off to you!
    foxs

As most of you know, I'm being conscripted for military service.

I'll be enlisting tomorrow (9 March 2006).

Hope we can meet again soon. Until then, have fun reading RoCH.

Icyfoxy, good luck dude and always try to keep in touch. And of course I'd like to express my thanks, you are one great dude.

Also try to have fun, don't think too much of the hardships, you will come to realize that even in the darkest of places there is always light.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

good luck with your military service....

hope to see you back on spcnet soon!

Thank you for all your fine work on this forum as well as the wuxia fiction forum Icy Fox. Good luck and best of fun in the military!

As most of you know, I'm being conscripted for military service.

I'll be enlisting tomorrow (9 March 2006).

Hope we can meet again soon. Until then, have fun reading RoCH.
    Thanks for your great effort and passion for this project. Without you, it wouldn't been finished. Have fun and remember, chicks dig men in uniform!

I've posted the last (edited) chapters on Wuxiapedia - check the frontpage http://www.wuxiapedia.com

Hey fellas, anyone has BeeDreamer's website address?
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    Thanks for your great effort and passion for this project. Without you, it wouldn't been finished. Have fun and remember, chicks dig men in uniform!

I've posted the last (edited) chapters on Wuxiapedia - check the frontpage http://www.wuxiapedia.com

Hey fellas, anyone has BeeDreamer's website address?

Eh I don't mean to nitpick, but Noodles is 'plural' and you missed the second half of Chapter 31.

Anyway I think Bee's web site address can be found in her profile.

Oh yeah, the segment in Chapter 37 where YG was drinking with HYS was translated by Athena. I think you should put her name in because I sure wouldn't want to mess with the Goddess of Wisdom.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 03-08-06 at 09:38 AM.

Correction made, thanks.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I hope you can still check in once in a while, IcyFox. Have fun! No, seriously! I don't want to say goodbye, because I know you'll come back soon. (Heck, what is 'foxs team' without IcyFox ... )
    foxs

Someone in another thread said that if IcyFox was a good soldier he might make RSM (Regimental Sergeant Major). Hope not, since they often become 'lifers' and tend to yell and swagger a lot. Good luck and keep your head and 'tail' down.....and don't forget to wash behind your ears!

Thanks for the advice, guys.

This is my last reply until next week.

People, I think you'll be interested with this site: http://www.lulu.com/ It's a publishing site but it's free. What's the catch? Someone has to buy the books before they start printing and you start earning.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    People, I think you'll be interested with this site: http://www.lulu.com/ It's a publishing site but it's free. What's the catch? Someone has to buy the books before they start printing and you start earning.
    Well, Miss "Soon to be Legal Beagle", trust you to wade around the net and discover that site. What are the Copyright implications? It would be nice if we could contact Jin Yong and get his blessings. I wonder how his contract with his publisher is set-up: Chinese language rights only or exclusive. Could be a real 'can of worms' in every regard!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Well, Miss "Soon to be Legal Beagle", trust you to wade around the net and discover that site. What are the Copyright implications? It would be nice if we could contact Jin Yong and get his blessings. I wonder how his contract with his publisher is set-up: Chinese language rights only or exclusive. Could be a real 'can of worms' in every regard!
    Crud, worms. *gets the shivers*

Anyway, no, you trust wrong. I didn't wade through the legal stuffs because I have sinusitis, which I realize has got absolutely nothing to do with this statement (crud!). I only heard about this site...way, way, way back when I had delusions about publishing my own comic book and conquering the world by filling people's minds with so much crap that the whole world turns into crap and I'd be ruling over a world of crap.... Hmm, now I realize why I gave up that dream.

I am not sure if the site accepts translations, but I think the legal tangles you guys are talking about are more on the side of the author, rather than on the publisher. Which means that if you actually want to do something, then yeah, logic dictates you contact him first.

As for Jin Yong being exclusive, I think that's actually the case. Otherwise, I don't think the English version of the Book and the Sword would have been published. Unless that one was published by Jin Yong's publisher as well. Was it?

Anyway, it's a load of legal mess. Copyright is a very sensitive issue these days. Not that I know a lot about copyright. Iambutalowly,struggling,overworkedstudentwhosetryi ngtobluffherwaythroughlawschoolandOMFGit's almostfinalsOMGOMGOMGOMG...

I am calm. I am collected. I am a waterfall.

Why am I not on medication?

Hang in there rayon! I predict you'll pass your finals.
    Thanks for your answer.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    Hang in there rayon! I predict you'll pass your finals.
    Thanks for your answer.
    Here's the gist: Lulu is a self-publishing company. Why "self"? Because everything belongs to the author/writer/whatever. They only do the printing (binding, etc.) of the stuff and they only do it when there are buyers willing to buy the printed stuff. So basically, the buyer himself is the one paying for the publishing. You'll have to set the price yourself and you have to make it so it can cover the cost of printing, plus some extra if you want to earn something on the side.

In publishing with Lulu, you are not waiving any copyrights, whatever. It's a pretty innovative idea. I don't think it's been tried by anyone else yet. Still the question still stands: Whether or not Mr. Jin Yong would agree.

And I think you'll have to sell the works yourself at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc. Lulu doesn't do distribution.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

This is my last reply until next week.

OK, I'll just have to wait until next week when you read this, but VISIT EVERYTIME YOU CAN!!!
    All of a sudden I feel so sad... IcyFox is leaving!! Things won't be the same without you, but we'll be waiting for your return. So... Come back soon!

Even more so... I just reread the last chapter of RoCH, and I feel so sad that the book has to end like that!! I just wish there were more continuations of what happens to Yang Guo and Xiao Long Nu afterwards... even sadder... Guo Xiang loves them both so much, but never sees them again!! I feel depressed knowing that she's going to spend so many years of her life searching, but never finding... Never finding....

I do have a few questions though... What's with the ape? Can someone elaborate on that? And why is Guo Xiang crying?
    (Maybe I should read it better and take more time to think on it, but can someone tell me?)
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵