Page 6 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs

Wooooooooooo! Thank you thank you thank you! Mr.IcyFoxy!

Uhm, we missed chapter 34!! ZOMG!

Huh? I thought you're the one who didn't want to read Chap 35 without reading Chap 34.

Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy Chinese New Year to all!!!

I'll resume translations on Boxing Day... Pls don't get too anxious and start boxing me...

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    OK for Chap 34 I think all available translators can work on it together - Xiao_Long_Nu, Jin_Yong_Fan, Da Bao etc. (Maybe even Crayon and BeeDreamer) Then maybe Foxs can do Chap 36 while I bang out Chap 37. That way 3 chapters can be translated at the same time.
    I don't mind doing Chapter 36, but I prefer not skipping any more Chapter (Bangs, help me out here ... ). So, I want to really make sure that somebody is working on Chapter 34. I thought Jin_Yong_Fan wanted to give it a try, but we haven't heard from her for a while. Jin_Yong_Fan, where are you ...??

OK, will you tell me the end of chapter 36 please? Or, if you have started Chapter 37, could you send me the first paragraph? Again, my book does not have any chapter markings.

Many thanks,
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I've just finished editing 5 1/2 chapters and I'm being driven nuts by the inconsistencies in the characters names. Zhou Bo Tong is Zhou Botong in some translations (and both in some cases), Xiao Long Nu is Xiao Longnu or Xiao Long Nuu in some translations. Yin Zhi Pin is Yin Zhiping in some etc.
    Sorry, just had to spout some steam!
    Back to work.
    Is there any 'standard' in writing names? Anybody know? I certainly don't. When working on Chapter 32, I used XiaoLongNu's work as reference, but now I am going to use IcyFox's since basically I am continuing somebody else's work. And as you mentioned, they do not use the same naming convention. Whom should I follow ... ??? hm ... think .. think .. think ...

I didn't know being chinese illiterate could get me into so much trouble with JamesG ...
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    Is there any 'standard' in writing names? Anybody know? I certainly don't. When working on Chapter 32, I used XiaoLongNu's work as reference, but now I am going to use IcyFox's since basically I am continuing somebody else's work. And as you mentioned, they do not use the same naming convention. Whom should I follow ... ??? hm ... think .. think .. think ...

I didn't know being chinese illiterate could get me into so much trouble with JamesG ...
    Woah! Such hostile words for a reader. Do you have to be that critical about names JamesG?

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Huh? I thought you're the one who didn't want to read Chap 35 without reading Chap 34.

Anyway, MERRY CHRISTMAS and a Happy Chinese New Year to all!!!

I'll resume translations on Boxing Day... Pls don't get too anxious and start boxing me...
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year too! And yes I was the one who didn't want to read ch35 until ch34 came out first but since YOU posted ch35 already I can't help but read your work. Can you blame me? Anyone would do the same.

@Fox-s: I don't know who's who is going to translate ch34. I have no idea. Everyone who volunteered seems gone or hiding. Oh well, can't blame them, its holiday season.
    Last edited by Bangs; 12-23-05 at 02:16 PM.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

so whos gonna start ch 34????????? if not imma start it kk?????????
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

IcyFox, thanks a lot... I think that last chapter's read felt smoother, so whatever changes you've made have been for the best ... that aside, does anyone else think HR is just too paranoid sometimes?, err definitely not my type heheh.
    JYF, go for it

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    Woah! Such hostile words for a reader. Do you have to be that critical about names JamesG?
    I was just venting my frustration and not slamming anybody in particular. It also would be a lot easier if MS Word's custom dictionary worked properly. Even after I add the spellings I want in the dictionary only half of them come up as I entered them. It seems to drop the capital letters in some names for some reason.(May Santa give Bill Gates a lump of coal for Xmas!)

Merry Christmas to every body except Bill and Microsoft!

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I was just venting my frustration and not slamming anybody in particular. It also would be a lot easier if MS Word's custom dictionary worked properly. Even after I add the spellings I want in the dictionary only half of them come up as I entered them. It seems to drop the capital letters in some names for some reason.(May Santa give Bill Gates a lump of coal for Xmas!)

Merry Christmas to every body except Bill and Microsoft!
    IC ...IC....no matter how much we hate him...he's going to make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    so whos gonna start ch 34????????? if not imma start it kk?????????
    OK. Just do it pal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Merry Christmas and a happy new year too! And yes I was the one who didn't want to read ch35 until ch34 came out first but since YOU posted ch35 already I can't help but read your work. Can you blame me? Anyone would do the same.
    Oh ho ho ho so now it's my fault? Naughty, naughty...

Foxs:

This is the end of Chapter 36.

郭襄却不知这些人有多大名头,起身还礼,笑靥如花,说道:“有劳各位伯伯
    叔叔了。那是甚么好玩的物事?”提着布袋的四人手臂同时向后拉扯,喀喇一声响,
    布袋裂成四块,袋中滚出一个光头和尚来。

Rough translation : Guo Xiang didn't know how great these people were and bowed to return the greeting, laughing like a flower saying, "Uncles, thanks. What interesting thing is that?" The 4 people holding the sack gave a strong tug and the sack was ripped into 4 pieces. A ball-headed monk rolled out of the sack.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-23-05 at 09:06 PM.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

2 late on objection of me doin ch 34 or not......cuz missy here has already started!!!!!!! teehee but plz ill need all the help.....so other translators plz help me........anybody that wants ta translate any part of ch 34 feel free ta do it!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Default CHAPTER 35

If you guys haven't already noticed, this is Chapter 35:
    http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showpost...8&postcount=97

Chapter 34 has not been started yet, I think.

Happy New Year and Happy Hari Raya, Deepavali, etc. etc.
    (Have I missed anything?)
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-23-05 at 09:21 PM.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

a whole chapter!!!!

best christmas present so far...

2 late on objection of me doin ch 34 or not......cuz missy here has already started!!!!!!! teehee but plz ill need all the help.....so other translators plz help me........anybody that wants ta translate any part of ch 34 feel free ta do it!!!!!!
    Hurray!!! Good luck!!!!! I wish I can help ya but I can't. Don't worry Im rooting for you! Happy Holidays!!

I've... failed all of you guys... *heart feels very heavy* I think I should take Jin_Yong_fan's advice (possibaly translate another book, something easier for a first timer like me...)... and leave the translating up to you guys... plus I'd probably mess up the entire chapter or make the book much worse.... I'm new to translating... and I haven't even started on chapter 34!!! *cry!!* You guys should translate (I'll be rooting on for y'all)... I'm feeling very sad right now....
    If any of you guys never want to hear or see from me again I'll just never come back to SPCNET... I'll understand....... (I'm so disapointed in myself)
    I'll try to be back to see what you guys say about this... (I'm still on vacation and haven't much time, I'm on a relative's computer right now...)
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    I've... failed all of you guys... *heart feels very heavy* I think I should take Jin_Yong_fan's advice (possibaly translate another book, something easier for a first timer like me...)... and leave the translating up to you guys... plus I'd probably mess up the entire chapter or make the book much worse.... I'm new to translating... and I haven't even started on chapter 34!!! *cry!!* You guys should translate (I'll be rooting on for y'all)... I'm feeling very sad right now....
    If any of you guys never want to hear or see from me again I'll just never come back to SPCNET... I'll understand....... (I'm so disapointed in myself)
    I'll try to be back to see what you guys say about this... (I'm still on vacation and haven't much time, I'm on a relative's computer right now...)
    That's all right Da Bao. You don't have to push yourself too hard. Take it easy, just enjoy your vacation. And when you come back, everyone will smile and greet you "Welcome Back!". Happy Holidays!!!!

Just contact me if you need any help. I am more than happy to do that.

Good luck! And oh, don't forget to check the ROCH excerpts, there is the last part of Chapter 34, so you don't have to translate.

BTW, I am going to post the first part of Chapter 36 later in the day.

Until then,
    foxs

Cheer up Da Bao!
    We won't hate you. Translating these novels is a tough job because the stories are complex and is made more complicated because some of the Chinese concepts don't translate well to English. You'd really have to 'wing it' to keep the original flavor of the concepts and still be understandable in English.
    Heck, even editing the translations for myself is a mind bender!

Have a great Christmas and do stay with the forum.
    Wizard

Default Chapter 36 Part 1

Chapter 36 The Birthday Celebration

Moved to Post #182

to be continued ... Merry Christmas everyone!
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-02-06 at 08:09 PM.
    foxs

Default Edited version

JamesG:

When you are done, would you share your work with me? I had the same idea, but was too lazy to do that. I'd rather do some translation. Perhaps there are others who would like to have a copy of your work too.

BTW, I understand your frustration, so it was OK with me.
    foxs