Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Wow nice to know someone's still 'working' during the Christmas Holidays.

I'm starting on Chap 37 soon... And who's doing Chap 34?
    Anyone not doing yet but want to do is definitely welcome... The more the merrier.

Merry X'Mas.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-26-05 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    JamesG:

When you are done, would you share your work with me? I had the same idea, but was too lazy to do that. I'd rather do some translation. Perhaps there are others who would like to have a copy of your work too.

BTW, I understand your frustration, so it was OK with me.
    I'll be glad to share the work when I'm finished. I wonder how many zip files I'll need to make it manageable? Guess I should check a few of my word files to see how many megabites they consume in un-zipped form. Wonder how much I can get on a 700 MB
    CD un-zipped vs zipped.
    Wizard

IcyFox: Jin_Yong_Fan is working on Chapter 34.

JamesG: the entire chapter consumed less than 200kb on MS-Word. So if you have 700MB, you can fit the entire trilogy and have plenty of extra space. If you convert the document into pdf, that will consume even less space.
    foxs

Woohooohoohhooo!!!!

Happy holidays everyone!!!!

Thank you foxy-s!!!!! Thank you!!!!! and also to all the others Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    IcyFox: Jin_Yong_Fan is working on Chapter 34.

JamesG: the entire chapter consumed less than 200kb on MS-Word. So if you have 700MB, you can fit the entire trilogy and have plenty of extra space. If you convert the document into pdf, that will consume even less space.
    I'll keep that in mind. Thanks
    Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I'll be glad to share the work when I'm finished. I wonder how many zip files I'll need to make it manageable? Guess I should check a few of my word files to see how many megabites they consume in un-zipped form. Wonder how much I can get on a 700 MB
    CD un-zipped vs zipped.
    Wizard
    Only if you don't mind JamesG, I would like a copy too...
    I know I'm neither trnaslator nor anything however I love the novel, if you don't mind I really would like a copy...
    If not, np, thank you anyway

Merry Christmas everyone!

hopelessly wandering amongst my school work

JamesG I'm sure everyone would love it if u put the trilogy up for download when u finish editing it. If not that's alrite...

Merry Christmas and a happy new year

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Default ROCH. ch 34

i translated this but it was proofread and edited by fox-s

Above them was none other than Yang Guo. During these sixteen years his heart ached and yearned for Xiao Long Nu. He wandered around with his condor and did lots of heroic deeds, earning him the title ‘Condor Hero’. He knew that he was young and handsome and attracted lots of girls already. Miss Gong Sun sacrificed herself for him, Cheng Ying and Lu Wushuang loved him dearly. So he often wore Huang Yu Shi’s human mask, to conceal his real looks. That night he had an appointment with the Xishan Ghosts; but after waiting for half a night without seeing any of them, he came looking and arrived at the forest.

The Xishan Ghosts were holding tight to their dear lives in the battle against the beasts. Upon hearing Yang Guo’s voice they were desperate. With one more formidable enemy they lost all hope of ever escaping alive. They thought, “It’s over. It’s over. This might possibly be our last battle.”

“You others are The Beastly Mountain Villagers, the Shi brothers?” Yang Guo called, “Can you hold your palms and listen to me for a second.”

Shi Bowei said, “Our surname is indeed ‘Shi’. Who are you, Sir?” He paused a moment and said, “Ah! I believe you are the Condor Hero?”

Yang Guo said, “You are correct. I am the Condor Hero. Quickly call off your beasts or else the Xishan Ghosts will turn into real ghosts.” Shi Bowei said, “Everybody will turn into real ghosts.” Yang Guo said, “The Xishan Ghosts have an appointment with me. If they do die, who will speak to me?”

Shi Bowei heard him say all this and gave out a cold laughter. Yang Guo said, “You know I am the Condor Hero, why aren’t you listening to me?” Shi Bowei said, “So what if you are the Condor Hero. If you have any skills, come down here and pull the animals yourself.”

Yang Guo said, “OK. Brother Condor, lets get down.” One man and one condor leapt from the tree.

and this part i cannot take credit of doing.....fox-s did it!!!!!!!!!!! i couldnt read any of the chinese in this part!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaking out his sleeve, he jumped down with the Condor. Several beasts immediately pounced on them as soon as their feet touched the ground. The Condor waved its wings left and right. Each time it hit, an animal was down or pushed back staggering. Suddenly a very big lion and a very big tiger with loud roars pounced on them. The Condor again parried the attack with its formidable wings. The lion and the tiger were knocked upside down. The Condor’s left wing smacked the tiger’s head and it died instantly. This incident scared the other animals away.

Shi Bowei was furious. With all his fingers open like a claw he leaped and tried to grab Yang Guo;s chest. Yang Guo only smiled, move his body a little bit and shook his empty sleeve. “Smack!” the sleeve hit Shi Bowei’s hands like it was hit by a saber. Bowei cried in pain.

Walking slowly Shi Shugang tried to push Yang Guo with his both hands. “Good!” cried Yang Guo, parried the attack with his left hand. He only exerted 30% of his energy. After training against the tidal waves for many years, Yang Guo’s strength was already incredible. He could push a big tree down, let alone a mere flesh and blood human.

Shi Shugang had received some lesson on internal energy, thus he had a strong internal energy. Even so, when Yang Guo’s hand touched his, he could not help but staggered back. He tried with all his might to hold his stand.

“Watch out!” shouted Yang Guo, while pushing him back. Shi Shugang’s sight was darkened and he knew he was going to die.

“Ah! You’re sick?” suddenly he heard Yang Guo’s voice. Immediately he felt the enormous power pushing him back vanished and Shi Shugang was spared. He was startled and stared on the Condor Hero blankly.

Looking at him, Shi Bowei, Shi Zhongmeng, Shi Jiqiang and Shi Mengjie thought that their brother was heavily injured. Roaring loudly they attacked Yang Guo in unison.

In a flash Yang Guo leaped and grabbed a tiger in the neck, which he then used as his weapon to parry the four brothers’ attack.

As we can remember, Yang Guo had used the heavy black-steel sword; weight about 70 catties, even before he trained against the tidal waves. Now, the tiger was only a little over 100 catties. Thus he easily lifted and used the tiger as a weapon against its own master. The tiger clawed and bit frantically.

Guo Xiang watched this incident from the side line. She was delighted; laughing and clapping she shouted, “Goody! Condor Hero, goody! Shi Brothers, you’d better surrender now.”

Yang Guo looked at the girl with the corner of his eyes, wondering in his heart, “Who is this girl? She plays with leopards, yet does not take Shi Brothers’ side.”

In the meantime, Shi Shugang tried to circulate his ‘chi’, and finding nothing amiss, he understood the Condor Hero had shown him mercy. He looked at his brothers and shouted, “Brothers, stop! We have to know limit.”

Hearing his shout, Shi Zhongmeng who was thrusting his silver pipe immediately pulled his weapon back. But Immortal of Giant Strength Shi Jiqiang, the reckless of the family, didn’t listen and kept attacking Yang Guo’s head with his [elephant opening a mountain] stance. This attack mimicked how an elephant used its trunk. His copper pestle was shaped like an elephant trunk; small in front, bigger and a little curved toward the back. His force was a mixture of ‘hard’ and ‘soft’; no less than 1000 jins strong.

Yang Guo did not budge. He threw his tiger away, flipped his hand, and caught the end of the rod.
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Default jin_yong_fan

jin_yong_fan or anyone, what's the name of this chapter?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    jin_yong_fan or anyone, what's the name of this chapter?
    Its the beginning of Ch. 34.

@Jin Yong Fan: Thank you for the translation. And of course many thanks to Foxyness-s too.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

so wait....thats not the end of ch 34?

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    so wait....thats not the end of ch 34?
    JY chapters are very long.... it isn't even 1/4...

Thank's J_Y_F and Fox-s!!!!! ICeFox as well, Finnally I feel like the novel will be finished :cry:
    Last edited by Felipe; 12-26-05 at 02:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs

Its the beginning of Ch. 34.

@Jin Yong Fan: Thank you for the translation. And of course many thanks to Foxyness-s too.
    All the chapters have a title and I was asking what is this ones?

Chapter 34's title is 排难解纷 or 'Settling A Dispute'.

By the way, I think I can only finish Chap 37 next year... I just started on it.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-26-05 at 11:00 AM.

Oh so we have 35-some of 36 and the beginning of 34

I will follow the order so will have to wait until the end of 34 to enjoy the other two

you guys all rock! Thanks so much for the effort and this is a very good new year present to all of us

So YG was wearing a mask! I'm so gullible to think that he was not so good looking anymore (due to his suffering and being exposed to the elements of nature)

Question

Same question different chapter: What's the title for chapter 36?
    I'm glad I'm spending my time editing all the ROCH translations instead of reading them. Just have to be carefull to insert the new ones in the right chapters!
    Wizard
    Last edited by JamesG; 12-26-05 at 03:34 PM.

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

Default REALLY REALLY REALLY SRY

im sry but im gonna havta make u guys wait 4 the nex part in ROCH ch 34.....cuz i havta go out of town.....ta branson, missouri.....sry sry sry sry sry.......ill c if i can translate more of ch. 34, hopefully i can......

JamesG: i would of translate the name of this title......but my chinese is 2 poor......i couldnt read it!!!!!!!!!!! sry!!!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Chapter 36's title is: '献礼祝寿' or 'The Birthday Celebration'.
    Hope we can complete RoCH before Chinese New Year next year.

And bad news guys:
    I just bought Battlefield 2 : Special Forces...
    Damn addictive... I might just end up forgetting the translations...
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-27-05 at 01:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    Shaking out his sleeve, he jumped down with the Condor. Several beasts immediately pounced on them as soon as their feet touched the ground. The Condor waved its wings left and right. Each time it hit, an animal was down or pushed back staggering. Suddenly a very big lion and a very big tiger with loud roars pounced on them. The Condor again parried the attack with its formidable wings. The lion and the tiger were knocked upside down. The Condor’s left wing smacked the tiger’s head and it died instantly. This incident scared the other animals away.
    I'm in love. The condor is soooo macho.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    I'm in love. The condor is soooo macho.
    With the condor?
    You have good taste.