Page 9 of 51 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Foxs and Jin_Yong_Fan : How 'bout having a race to see who translates faster... That way all 3 chapters we're doing now can be finished in double-quick time. A bit of competiton helps... Right now I'm behind Foxs but slightly ahead of Jin_Yong_Fan. Must put in more steam.
    The reason I can work on the translation was ... I got sick! Too weak to work on anything else, so all I could do was sleeping ... Whenever I felt better, I just sat in front of my computer and translate a page or two.

Anyway, I do hope Jin_Yong_Fan is doing a lot better. I think she is going on vacation somewhere?

Da Bao, don't give up! Try again, pleezzeee ...
    foxs

Whenever I see a Fox in the wild from now on I'll think of you guys.
    For the Foxes!
    Wizard

Oh this Chapter 36 is really something! What a birthday present. And it really steal the show on that day. I wonder if Ye LQ had also got infected by his wife short sighted. Love you fox-s

keep it up guys
    TaZzY InC

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    The reason I can work on the translation was ... I got sick! Too weak to work on anything else, so all I could do was sleeping ... Whenever I felt better, I just sat in front of my computer and translate a page or two.

Huh? Like that also can???
    I really take my hat off to you, man.
    But then that means I'm way behind you.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-30-05 at 12:21 AM.

Ohhhh! What a nice nice read. Thank you Foxy-s.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

working when you're sick?

i'm impressed

thanx for the great translations

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree Assassin
    Wahhhhhhh!!! Of all the places to stop its there!!! You are the King of all torturers!!! Alleviate our pain quickly by providing us the narcotic of more great translations please.
    Like I said before, it was unintentional. I stopped whenever I have about 6 pages on MS-Word (Times New Roman, 12pt, about 0.8" margins). But ... blame it on Bubeng (Legendary Sibling) ... he started it. Bubeng, if you happen to stop by, I just want you to know that I enjoyed your work immensely. Legendary Sibling is one of my favorites, maybe my only favorite among Gu Long's works.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonic Swordsman
    working when you're sick?

i'm impressed

thanx for the great translations
    That, my friend, is because I can't do anything else. I got bored, with nothing else to read ... Anyway, thank you for the compliment.
    foxs

I don't mean anything bad at all, never did and definitely never will since I've been around long enough to see how many translators have dropped off and know how hard it is. My sister refuses to translate even though she can so I get it all from these sites, but i know where the tantalising parts are so please don't mind my mindless ravings.

Foxs :

Since you're about done with Chapter 36 why not take Chap 38 when you've finished?
    Then I'll 'book' Chap 39. OK, can?

This is that start of Chapter 38:

那日郭襄见金轮法王猛下毒手,打死了长须鬼和大头鬼二人,心中伤痛,自知
    难脱他的魔掌,昂首说道:“你快打死我啊,还等甚么?”金轮法王笑道:“要打
    死你这娃娃还不容易?今天杀了两旁个人已经够了。过几天拣个好日子,再拿你开
    刀,快乖乖跟我走罢。”郭襄心想这时与他相抗,徒然自取其辱,只有且跟他去,
    俟机再谋脱身,于是向他扁扁嘴,做个鬼脸,伸伸舌头,上马缓缓而行。

(Rough translation : That day GX saw Fa Wang kill the 2 ghosts and knew she couldn't escape his clutches so she said, "Quickly kill me, what are you waiting for? Christmas?" Fa Wang laughed, "No, Deepavali. Seriously, killing you is too easy. But 2 is enough for today. I'll deal with you after a few days. Just follow me." GX wanted to oppose him but knew she wasn't a match for him so she just made faces at him and mounted the horse.)

Then this is the last paragraph of Chapter 38:

找到谷口,只见地下遗着郭襄的一只鞋子。程英道:“师姊,你休担忧,定是
    那法王挟持襄儿一路南行。襄儿留下鞋子,好教咱们知道。这孩子的聪明机警,实
    不下于她妈妈呢。”黄蓉再想起女儿先前的说话,法王只是要逼她拜师,要她承受
    衣钵,想来一时不致有何危难,这才忧心稍减。

(Rough translation : When they reached the valley's entrance, they only saw GX's shoe. Chen Ying said, "Shi Jie, don't worry. It must be Fa Wang taking GX along with him. GX left her shoe behind to let us know. She's just as clever as her mother." HR thought about what GX said that Fa Wang wanted to be her master, so he wouldn't harm her for now.)

Have fun.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-31-05 at 12:17 AM.

Carefree Assassin: Don't you worry! No offense was taken. As a matter of fact, I took that as a compliment, since what you are saying was that you liked my work so much that you wanted some more. Right?

IcyFox: That is a long chapter. I will do it in one condition: I will need more time, since I will be busy at my work in January, with a high possibility of going out of state for work.

Anyway, I'll start. But if there is anybody out there who could do it in a shorter period of time, be my guest. Just let us know beforehand, OK?
    foxs

Default Chapter 36 Part 4

Moved to Post #182

End of Chapter 36 ... Happy New Year everyone!
    Last edited by fox-s; 01-02-06 at 08:13 PM.
    foxs

*Sigh....* I feel terrible... I just got back home from vacation... and I feel bad because I didn't translate anything... but I feel up to translating a little bit (by little I actually mean small bit, if it's too much I might be too afraid of disapointing you guys and just give up all together)... can someone tell me what needs to be translated? I'll... give it another try... but I'm afraid I'll just disapoint you guys again... but that moment from before... forever etched in my memory....

My cousin and I traded books so she has RoCH and I have HSDS, I'm going to the library (Jan. 3) to see if they have a copy. If not then I'll have to use that website with all the chapters.
    Last edited by Da Bao; 12-31-05 at 05:08 PM.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

yay!

another chapter completed!

thanx!

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

hello ppl......im bak from branson, missouri!!!!!!!!!!!! but i havnt been working on my translation-ROCH ch 34......shame on me.....unlike others who already finished an entire ch. gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! fox-s u make us look bad!!!!!!!!!! ill try my best 2 work on it whenever i can!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jin_yong_fan; 12-31-05 at 10:11 PM.
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    *Sigh....* I feel terrible... I just got back home from vacation... and I feel bad because I didn't translate anything... but I feel up to translating a little bit (by little I actually mean small bit, if it's too much I might be too afraid of disapointing you guys and just give up all together)... can someone tell me what needs to be translated? I'll... give it another try... but I'm afraid I'll just disapoint you guys again... but that moment from before... forever etched in my memory....

My cousin and I traded books so she has RoCH and I have HSDS, I'm going to the library (Jan. 3) to see if they have a copy. If not then I'll have to use that website with all the chapters.
    if u like we can work on ROCH ch. 34 2gether!!!!!!!!!!! id b really happy if i get some help......cuz u kno that i suck!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Foxs and Jin_Yong_Fan : How 'bout having a race to see who translates faster... That way all 3 chapters we're doing now can be finished in double-quick time. A bit of competiton helps... Right now I'm behind Foxs but slightly ahead of Jin_Yong_Fan. Must put in more steam.
    i think i jus lost this race since i havnt worked at it at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by jin_yong_fan; 12-31-05 at 10:19 PM.

Default Colaboration on Chapter 34

Da Bao & Jin_Yong_Fan:

I have just replied JYF's pm, then I read your postings. I would suggest the two of you colaborate on finishing Chapter 34. It has been started by JYF, and Noodle had some excerpts posted somewhere else. I intend to help JYF by working on this excerpt toward the end of the Chapter (read Noodle's and you'll know what I mean). I am going to email this part to JYF as soon as it is finished.

I am touched ... I am so happy you two finally decided to translate ... sniff ...
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    Da Bao & Jin_Yong_Fan:

I have just replied JYF's pm, then I read your postings. I would suggest the two of you colaborate on finishing Chapter 34. It has been started by JYF, and Noodle had some excerpts posted somewhere else. I intend to help JYF by working on this excerpt toward the end of the Chapter (read Noodle's and you'll know what I mean). I am going to email this part to JYF as soon as it is finished.

I am touched ... I am so happy you two finally decided to translate ... sniff ...
    thank u very much 4 the help!!!!!!!!!!!! ur jus always working on translating wuxia every sec. of the day don ya?????? but really THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year!

Chapter 36 is done zomg! Thank you foxy-s! Can't wait to see if YG will make another flashy entrance. LOL!