Page 4 of 51 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: RoCH Chap 33 Onwards

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

And of course, if you try to analyze it more clearly, its not because YG flattered those girls that they are head over heels in love with him, flattery was the firestarter but it is YG's heroic and kind nature that made them fall for him and still loved him despite knowing that he only loves XLN. Some of the girls are like you Da Bao, they didn't fall for YG's heroic aura (example is Guo Fu and Li Mo Chou). [/QUOTE]

Actually, Guo Fu also had a crush on YG much earlier on - that is before he 'crushed' her with his indifference. And Li Mo Chou spared his life when he was a kid eventhough she's anti-man (in the early chapters, i think). Therefore, I think that practically 99% of the gals in ROCH is crazy over him (even if it's only because of his looks and because he's good in martial arts)

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak

Actually, Guo Fu also had a crush on YG much earlier on - that is before he 'crushed' her with his indifference.
    Actually she was aware of this crush only in Chap 39.

More SPOILERS below for those who can't wait for the translations but want to know what's going on... Please do not read on if you're allergic to spoilers.

In Chap 34 Guo Xiang (GX) and YG meets Ying-Gu and Yi-deng. He shows Zhou Bo Tong his new Miserable Palms and reunites him with Ying-Gu, which GJ and HR didn't do in LoCH, I think. He manages to borrow the 9-tailed fox from Ying-gu.

In Chap 35 YG promises GX 3 wishes and she asks for some... things. But the 3rd wish won't be revealed till Chap 36 I think.

In Chap 36 YG attends GX's birthday party. HR tells GX that YG may never meet XLN again. GX tries to stop him from commiting suicide but ends up in the clutches of the 5-wheel-drive monk... Oh ho ho ho...

In Chap 37 YG finds out that the whatever South China Sea Nun is ficticious. He jumps down the cliff followed by GX. GX survived of course... she'll be back even in HSDS.

In Chap 38 GX got caught by the monk again when HYS, YD, HR and co. try to find out where the heck YG disappeared to.

In Chap 39 YG meets XLN again, oh yes she didn't die (for those who don't already know...) They get out and fight with the Monk and the Mogolians, saving GX and Xiangyang and becoming the greatest heroes of the time and etc. etc. and YG finally wakes that mosquito Guo Fu up to her senses. I mean come on after 39 chapters she finally realises how irritating she is.

Chap 40 is pretty much the prologue of HSDS, so you can just read the 1st few lines then skip the rest, unless you want to read HSDS...
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-23-05 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    I guess I wouldn't know how you feel because I'm a guy eh. Dont be mad, Im just joking bout that one arm thingy.

And of course, if you try to analyze it more clearly, its not because YG flattered those girls that they are head over heels in love with him, flattery was the firestarter but it is YG's heroic and kind nature that made them fall for him and still loved him despite knowing that he only loves XLN. Some of the girls are like you Da Bao, they didn't fall for YG's heroic aura (example is Guo Fu and Li Mo Chou).

HHMMMM.... I still don't like Yang Guo... He shouldn't have flirted with all those girls... He gave them each a glimpse of what a wonderful life with him, only to tell them he has a lover already. THERE ARE VERY FEW REASONS WHY I LIKE HIM!!! That he's faithful to Xiao Long Nu... and I can't think of anymore lol.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Hey I got another idea.

From now I will translate the remaining odd chapters (Chap 35, 37, 39) while the others like Foxs, Xiao_Long_Nu and others (can't remember...) can do the even chapters since they have almost completed Chap 32. Lighter workload for all of us... What do you guys think?

Like when they finish Chap 34 I will post Chap 35... so 2 chapters can be translated simultaneously... makes it seem faster (although mathematically its still the same ).

So I'm translating Chap 35 now... Should be ready by next week... (Hope so.)
    Last edited by IcyFox; 12-15-05 at 11:07 AM.

Hear, hear

Quote Originally Posted by gobie2920
    Hear, hear
    Yes... Hear, hear.

Thanks so much for translating for us IcyFox!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Senior Member f.alchemist_freak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    Hey I got another idea.

From now I will translate the remaining odd chapters (Chap 35, 37, 39) while the others like Foxs, Xiao_Long_Nu and others (can't remember...) can do the even chapters since they have almost completed Chap 32. Lighter workload for all of us... What do you guys think?

Like when they finish Chap 34 I will post Chap 35... so 2 chapters can be translated simultaneously... makes it seem faster (although mathematically its still the same ).

So I'm translating Chap 35 now... Should be ready by next week... (Hope so.)
    yes, that would be nice. but would all the translations still be on this same thread? i hope it would be so.

Quote Originally Posted by f.alchemist_freak
    yes, that would be nice. but would all the translations still be on this same thread? i hope it would be so.
    They will be soon. As soon as they're all done translating chapter 32 then they should move to this thread and continue chapters 33 and up.

Keep up the great work IcyFox!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Default What do you mean?

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    They will be soon. As soon as they're all done translating chapter 32 then they should move to this thread and continue chapters 33 and up.

Keep up the great work IcyFox!!
    What do you mean "they", and "as soon as they're all done translating"?

I want YOU to join what you called "they" ... C'mon Da Bao, it's time you help us. Pleezzeee .... ?
    foxs

Quote Originally Posted by fox-s
    What do you mean "they", and "as soon as they're all done translating"?

I want YOU to join what you called "they" ... C'mon Da Bao, it's time you help us. Pleezzeee .... ?
    okay... by "they" I meant the translators. Since I'm not one I will refer to the translators as "they" instead of "we".

Me? Help translating? Hmm... I'm thinking about it... and... I think I want to... but... I'm not sure if I should... I'm sure I'll make a lot of misyakes and I can't read Chinese too well... but... Since I want to... I'll TRY!!! just TRY... Okay... I'll help out... (or at least try to)
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

okay... by "they" I meant the translators. Since I'm not one I will refer to the translators as "they" instead of "we".

Me? Help translating? Hmm... I'm thinking about it... and... I think I want to... but... I'm not sure if I should... I'm sure I'll make a lot of misyakes and I can't read Chinese too well... but... Since I want to... I'll TRY!!! just TRY... Okay... I'll help out... (or at least try to)
    hey i cant read chinese that well either....go us!!!!!!!!!!!! but i bet ud do well even tho u cant read chinese that well cuz i can do some translations 2!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    hey i cant read chinese that well either....go us!!!!!!!!!!!! but i bet ud do well even tho u cant read chinese that well cuz i can do some translations 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay... Then IcyFox... You know that website on the first page? Can you give me a link to the chapters that need to be translated?

Okay... I guess I'll give it a shot... Hopefully I won't do too horribly... *praying 'please let me do well'*
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Da Bao...there isn't any wrong with Yang Guo's personalities. For us guys...he's the perfect hero. Yes, he flirt but that's only for fun.

If you newish posters haven't checked back aways in the site you can find a thread called ROCH unabridged which shows all chapters from 1 to 24. Just go back to the translations index page and make the selection shown (Last year) and you'll find it.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tinypic.com/ionggz.jpg')

Okay... Then IcyFox... You know that website on the first page? Can you give me a link to the chapters that need to be translated?

Okay... I guess I'll give it a shot... Hopefully I won't do too horribly... *praying 'please let me do well'*

This is Chapter 34:
    http://shuku.chinesenewsnet.com/nove...shen/d034.html
    You can try this for a start.

This is the whole RoCH:
    http://shuku.chinesenewsnet.com/nove...shen/shen.html

Or heck this is even better... the whole JY canon:
    http://shuku.chinesenewsnet.com/nove...g/jinyong.html

Good luck Da Bao! Were all rooting for you!

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    This is Chapter 34:
    http://shuku.chinesenewsnet.com/nove...shen/d034.html
    You can try this for a start.

This is the whole RoCH:
    http://shuku.chinesenewsnet.com/nove...shen/shen.html

Or heck this is even better... the whole JY canon:
    http://shuku.chinesenewsnet.com/nove...g/jinyong.html

Okay, thanks! I'll begin translating... when... *thinks about when I should start*. I'm going on vacation for the next 2 weeks... so it's most likely you guys will finish translating chapter 34 before I even begin... plus I'm really horrible... (I can barely read and understand the first paragraph, but I'm lucky because my relatives are helping me).
    I guess I'll translate one of the last few chapters that way by the time I finish it'll be time for me to post it! Thanks!!

Wish me luck!! (I mean really, wish me luck... I don't think I'm going to do so well....)
    Last edited by Da Bao; 12-17-05 at 03:52 AM.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Okay, thanks! I'll begin translating... when... *thinks about when I should start*. I'm going on vacation for the next 2 weeks...
    Wow what a fantastic way to evade...

Wish me luck!! (I mean really, wish me luck... I don't think I'm going to do so well....)
    I wish you luck... any kind of luck...

Default Full support ahead ...

Da Bao and Jin_Yong_Fan:

Just imagine you are in the arena, a ball field. I am sitting close, and am holding a big banner:

Go Da Bao! Go Jin_Yong_Fan!

and probably I'll have some cheerleaders chanting your names ...

But seriously, good luck!

Take the book with you during vacation. Try to imagine what would you say for any particular sentence. By the time you are back, we will have the complete chapter ... yay!
    foxs

Bee, are you still stopping by the site?