Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is the most highly paid in mcs?

Default Who is the most highly paid in mcs?

who do you think is the most highly paid in mcs?? and does anybody knows how are celebrities paid?

Who earns the most.... um, the boss??

I think the more popular MC artistes get the bulk of their $$$ from endorsing products. Folks like Jeanette Aw and Joanne Peh must earn buckets from the advertisements that they appear in.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Who earns the most.... um, the boss??

I think the more popular MC artistes get the bulk of their $$$ from endorsing products. Folks like Jeanette Aw and Joanne Peh must earn buckets from the advertisements that they appear in.
    should be 'who is the most highly paid artiste in mcs'...

but they also have a monthly fix salary right?

i heard that the monthly salary ranges from 2k-5k. it's those extras which make one richer. e.g. zoe tay has once commented that fann should be the ah jie because fann earned much more than her.

Quote Originally Posted by wkeej
    i heard that the monthly salary ranges from 2k-5k. it's those extras which make one richer. e.g. zoe tay has once commented that fann should be the ah jie because fann earned much more than her.
    ooh. when did zoe tay make that comment? the highest salary of 5k seems quite low. so does it mean that they will be given a certain amt per episode they film plus their basic salary? actually i also think fann is the most highly paid

The artistes probably have a basic salary, they will probably get more if they appear in more variety shows, events and drama serials. Since the artistes signed contracts with Mediacorp, their pay probably increase as they sign new contracts; the increment in basic pay will most likely be based on their popularity level the past couple of years or something.

I am making guesses only - don't take my word for it.

well, their pay will increase with more awards garnered at star awards, seriously..

Should be Fann Wong cos she acts in many drama serials and also several movies in hollywood.

according to u weekly, xie shao guang has a monthly salary of $4000 before he left mcs. and the article also say that fann and zoe are top in the list of highest salary!

i have a question. does anyone knows whether you will earn more by taking part in let say, a china-singapore production like moon fairy, or a pure singapore production?

Quote Originally Posted by lanabanana
    i have a question. does anyone knows whether you will earn more by taking part in let say, a china-singapore production like moon fairy, or a pure singapore production?
    It depends on how large the scale is the dramal serial or movie, more episodes=more money XD. However if the number of episodes are the same, then i'm gonna guess China-singapore, cos the China Market is far bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by YummYYummY
    It depends on how large the scale is the dramal serial or movie, more episodes=more money XD. However if the number of episodes are the same, then i'm gonna guess China-singapore, cos the China Market is far bigger.
    Its probably co-productions since they invest much more into the project and have a wider audience compromising not only of spore bt china, taiwan, hk etc. Unless the actors are paid in foreign currency which normally has a lower exhange rate as compared to the sing dollar, btw, do directors of co-productions pay spore actors local or sing dollars?

Back to the topic, i'd say Fann wong. She does alot of endorsments, adverstisments and is offered not only local roles bt many other roles in mainland and taiwanese projects. To put it simply, she's achieved more of an international status in asian as compared to the rest...
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

they get paied per series
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://photo.sohu.com/20040716/Img221041931.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by Yu W3i
    they get paied per series
    i thought thats for the part-timers only? that time U weekly got say that those artistes under full contract will be pay a fix sum per month but if they exceed a certain number of episode then they will get extra.

suppose it's a basic + commission thing.

salary-wise it's probably zoe, followed by fann.

income-wise (+endorsements, private engagements) it's probably fann, followed by zoe and joanne peh.

Quote Originally Posted by janlow
    suppose it's a basic + commission thing.

salary-wise it's probably zoe, followed by fann.

income-wise (+endorsements, private engagements) it's probably fann, followed by zoe and joanne peh.
    but nowadays zoe seldom has any projects to her name... wow.. imagine paying her such a high basic pay. personally i think both fann and zoe's basic pay are the same.

according to u weekly, xie shao guang has a monthly salary of $4000 before he left mcs. and the article also say that fann and zoe are top in the list of highest salary!
    Personally, I do not think that what Shaoguang getting was high as he was in MCS for so many years and with his good acting skill. I think he deserved more.

Previously, I heard that Michaelle Chia when she went over to Channel U when it was still in action, she was offered a salary of S$7k per mth, and if that was true, she was getting too much she deserved. Anyway, since after MCS bought over Channel U, I heard that most of those whom they were offered contract will not be given as much salary as they got after their old contract expired and when new contract to be with MCS are to be renewed. They will have to take it or leave it, since there is only 1 tv station in S'pore now.

Quote Originally Posted by fjord
    Personally, I do not think that what Shaoguang getting was high as he was in MCS for so many years and with his good acting skill. I think he deserved more.

Previously, I heard that Michaelle Chia when she went over to Channel U when it was still in action, she was offered a salary of S$7k per mth, and if that was true, she was getting too much she deserved. Anyway, since after MCS bought over Channel U, I heard that most of those whom they were offered contract will not be given as much salary as they got after their old contract expired and when new contract to be with MCS are to be renewed. They will have to take it or leave it, since there is only 1 tv station in S'pore now.
    yeah... i also feel xie shao guang was getting quite little since he is one of the ah ge in mcs. if he gets only that... then i think the highest mcs actor is either christopher lee or lee nanxing with monthly salary not more than $6000.

$7000 for michelle is way too much!

anyway.. this week 8days mentioned that those who venture to china make much more. and they also say Fann gets a fat 5-figure sum everytime she boards the plane to china for some events (not to film a show). and chun yu san san mentioned that he gets the same salary per episode as that of the top ah ges and ah jies in mcs show when he acts in china production.

Smile

anyway.. this week 8days mentioned that those who venture to china make much more. and they also say Fann gets a fat 5-figure sum everytime she boards the plane to china for some events (not to film a show). and chun yu san san mentioned that he gets the same salary per episode as that of the top ah ges and ah jies in mcs show when he acts in china production.
    Who's chun yu san san? I kind of forgot who he was.
    ..ext88

Quote Originally Posted by Extremer88
    Who's chun yu san san? I kind of forgot who he was.
    oh.. hes not the really popular kind. cant find his pic. anyway.. if he (some C-lister) can get the same amt as top ah jie and ah ge in singapore... that goes to show how lucrative it is to film in china.