View Poll Results: How would you rate the film?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • Great Series. I loved it!

19 41.30%
  • Okay Series. Don't really mind it.

18 39.13%
  • Bad Series. Can't Stand it.

4 8.70%
  • Haven't Watched It. Though i don't know why you would vote if you haven't.

5 10.87%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old series: Dragon Love

Default Old series: Dragon Love

I've seen this film a few times, and it remains on of my favorite romance film, but i've seen so many bad comments, and was told it had really low ratings. so i wanted to know how everyone finds it.

i'll give a brief discription and photos for those who don't remember it.

Benny is a physician named Diep Hy, he meets and falls in love with a sweet girl called Tieu Ngu (little fish) played by Fennie Yuen. He later finds out that she is a dragon, but still wants to be with her. they go through many hardship but finally are able to marry each other.

but on the wedding day, 'god' struck down and killed alot of people including Fennie's whole family, because humans and dragons are not allow to wed.

three years later, Benny finally accepts the princess whose been in love with him for all these years, but he meets Fennie again and realises that he still loves her. Fennie's family are now dragons without power and is in human form.

Benny's older brother whose in love wit the princess tries to kill Fennie and her family while they are trying to return to their dragon form, because he believes if Fennie is dead, Benny will marry the princess and make her happy.

Benny comes to stop save Fennie on time (he left his wedding), Fennie tells him to go back but he says he'll take her (injured Fennie) back to her lake first. She agree and he returns to the princess to tell her that he can't marry her because he loves fennie the most and would always do so even if they aren't together. she sentence him to death and he dies in prison from a fire.

unknown to him, Fennie was too injured to return home, she only did so to get him to go back, she is very weak and cannot maintain either her human or dragon form, threfore the villigers try to kill her. she hides herself in a painting.

three years later, Benny (the fire was stage by the brother) receives the painting from a monk, and the two are reunited.

but...stuff happens and Fennie end up dying in Benny's arms after she saved the man who tried to kill her whole family.

16 years later, Benny meet a girl that looked exactly like Fennie at the flower hill where he and fennie loved to go.

i really liked this film, it goes to show that sometimes, love just isn't enough. no matter how hard one tries.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/Pro_262_0.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/13.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/24.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/25.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/26.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/27.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/29.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/1723_2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/dragonlove08.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://k.domaindlx.com/fennievien/DragonLove/dragonlove21.jpg')
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Linda; 12-13-05 at 12:24 PM.

oh wow. i haven't seem this in a LONG time. i luved it so much that i wanted to rent it over and over again but now i'm ok.

well i watched this because of benny. but i'll still say this is a bad series. storyline is pretty weak, and the effects are horrenduous!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I watched this series for Benny and Fennie Yuen. Overall, I thought this series was okay, it could have been better though. I wouldn't say it's bad though, I've seen worse.

Fennie Yuan looked so pretty in this film, with her sparkling eyes as the dragon princess and my gosh Benny looked so cute, one of his cuttest series.

I like this series and I watched it for benny and fennie. But it was so sad to see two people in love with each other but cannot be together.

I loved the first half of the series, but then it turned bad. I don't like the ending at all.

TommyH
    Unregistered

This series sounds exciting. What year was it from?

Quote Originally Posted by TommyH
    This series sounds exciting. What year was it from?
    I think it got released in 1999.

I liked this series alot.. probably because of this couple; Benny/Fennie.. they really make a cute couple Though.. the ending is not satisfying..

A really cute couple. Sadly they still couldn't be together.
    I'm watching: War & Destiny, Yummy Yummy

Want to watch: The Conquest, ASITP & EH (again)

Recently watched: LOCH'82, Strike at Heart, Central Affairs, The Academy

Smile

I have vague memory on this one...but i think it's quite nice if i'm not wrong. Gonna re-watch it one of these days.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

ohhh....i luved this series...it's was really good w/ the pearl and all...and beeny was just so ramantic....i luved it!!!!!!!!!

What's the name of the mother dragon ???
    http://carmanlee.18.forumer.com/ <<< Web tui

http://tuoixuanxanh.com << check it out !!!

Smile

By the way, is it similar to Whatever it Takes? Coz i remembered it involves a dragon pearl in there too. Which is nicer DL or WIT? Coz i dunno wan to buy both series or not.
    Alec Vicki, Raymond Michelle, Bosco Myolie

*Currently watching*
    Fantasy Hotel
    Life Made Simple
    Gentle Crackdown

well if i were to choose, i'll say whatever it takes is better...
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Well, I am watching this series right now, I must admit I like it so far. Benny and Fennie has some chemistry (I think Annie and Benny have better) and so far it's fun to watch. From the description of the ending, I don't think it's too bad. TVB likes that kinda ending w/ girl/guy dying and then meeting again thing. It happens in so many series, I can't remember or count them all.
    How come most 江湖 (jiānghú) wanderers never worry about money? I wonder how a 大俠 (dàxiá) make a living...does meddling in people's business and righting wrongs pay well?

Quote Originally Posted by MysticDust
    Well, I am watching this series right now, I must admit I like it so far. Benny and Fennie has some chemistry (I think Annie and Benny have better) and so far it's fun to watch. From the description of the ending, I don't think it's too bad. TVB likes that kinda ending w/ girl/guy dying and then meeting again thing. It happens in so many series, I can't remember or count them all.
    Some other series with the similar ending that I've watched are:

1) Whatever It Takes (Benny & Annie)
    2) Time After Time (Gordon Lam & Kathy Chow)
    3) Vixen's Tale (Roger Kwok & Yammie Lam) old series
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

When I first watched this series, I really liked Benny and Fennie Yuen's love story but after rewatching it for the 2nd or 3rd time, I really thought Chin Ka Lok's story was more touching in how he was always a tough guy who liked fighting and knew nothing scholarly, but because he loved the Princess played by Nicola, he always seem to soften when she's around and he did so many things like having letter writers to write love letters under Benny's name so that Nicola wouldn't be heartbroken to know that Benny doesn't love her. And how Chin Ka Lok was willing to practice and learn how to play the zither for Nicola, I thought that was admireable of him. I can still remember the scene on the hill he plays the zither for her and in the palace where he plays the zither and the snow starts falling.

He only wanted to become more cultured by learning how to play the zither so that the Princess would notice him and fall for him. But Nicola for the most part was still stuck on Benny.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

anybody know the chinese title of this series? i've watched too many benny series with something to do with dragon!
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter