Thread: Does TVB broadcast in widescreen?

Default Does TVB broadcast in widescreen?

Does anyone know whether TVB broadcasts in widecreen?

With so many plasma TVs sold around the world, a lot of stuff are in widescreen now - so why not TVB?

I believe plasma TVs are a hot seller in HK too.

Now before anyone starts commenting that they prefer the 4:3 format and all that - I have no problem watching 4:3 .... however I have just bought a plasma TV and watching TVB in 4:3 with black bars on the side is fine - but you risk damaginng the plasma with burn-in just by watching too many 4:3 shows.

And it's ridiculous to have to watch the image stretched as it looks "fat" - or have the image zoomed as the top and bottom gets cropped.

Well, you might say that most people have fullscreen TVs - however since I want a plasma and I want a TV bigger than 86cm - there is no choice. I can't buy a 4:3 fullscreen 42" plasma even if I wanted to.

Why doesn't TVB get their act together and start broadcasting in widecreen.

P.S. I have no idea if in Hong Kong TVB is widescreen or not. I have the TVBJ sattelite service.

as far as i know, TVB has never aired anything in widescreen ...yet.
    correct me if i'm wrong but i think it was director Lee Lik-Chee who has once criticized Hong Kong media (TVB included) for having never experienced with HDTV technology. congrats on getting a plasma tv anyway.

i just got 5.1 speakers and hooked it up to my computer. i never knew TVB dramas would sound so....."improved" with such deeper bass.