Thread: Which skill influenced the development of Sad Palms the most?

Default Which skill influenced the development of Sad Palms the most?

When Yeung Gor developed the Sad Palms, he synthesized all the martial arts he'd learned up to that point into one new, original skill. Within the Sad Palms, therefore, are the influences of Ha Mo Gung, Cheun Jen Sect martial arts, Ancient Tomb Sect martial arts, a small portion of the 9 Yum Jen Ging, Dog Beating Stick Technique, Peach Blossom Island martial arts, and Dook Goo Kau Bai's sword techniques. Within that mix, which influence was the most apparent in the Sad Palms?

wow and i thought all the questions about YG would have been asked by now, and then comes the next.
    Am i Crazy!?!?!?!
    [8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888][8888888]

Hamo Gong i woudl say just based on the sheer fact of how odd and unorhodox it was, beats opponents by surprise.
    Heavy iron sword was unorthodox but didnt' seem to have specific stances, and variations but sad palms did, like hamo gong.

Sad Palms was an inner power based skill, so i'd say Dugu's sword techniques. The overbearing power is reminiscent of YG using the HIS.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

I think that the Ha Mo Gung and Dook Goo Sword Techniques were the most dominant, as they emphasized raw power just like the Sad Palms did. Some of the unorthodoxy, however, was probably the influence of Peach Blossom Island martial arts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    I think that the Ha Mo Gung and Dook Goo Sword Techniques were the most dominant, as they emphasized raw power just like the Sad Palms did. Some of the unorthodoxy, however, was probably the influence of Peach Blossom Island martial arts.
    not quite,peach blossom island martial arts are mainly fast and tricky. Its stated in the novel that he created sad palms to be against the norm of the rest of the other martial arts form.

Example: most other martial arts would guard the vital points of the body but for sad palms he delibrately expose them.

However,I agreed on the raw power parts that could be inspired by those 2 skills.

IMO, the soul of the sad palm would be the Ancient Tomb Sect's martial arts. I don't know much about this sect martial arts, so I might be wrong with what I going to say. If I am wrong, please do correct me.

The foundation of Ancient Tomb Sect seemed to be based on non-emotion, as seen through Xiao Longnu. But somehow the final level of the Jade Maiden Manual, when Xiao Longnu and Yang Guo used the combination of Quan Zhen and Ancient Tomb swordsmanship, require each other to love each other or something. Emotion was required. As the Sad palm is an emotional driven technique.
    Last edited by TaiHan; 12-16-05 at 04:42 PM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

sad palms was sort of the reverse of ancient tomb. complicated, using emotions and aggersively yang, while ancient tomb was soft, multiple variations and soft. he added the power of hamagong and dugu techniques varity and ingenuity. the other skills like dog beating stick, jade flute and divine flicking skill, qz added variation and power.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/