Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Liao Zhai Zhi Shi 聊斋志异 (Huang Xiao Ming, Hu Ge, Li Bing Bing, Jimmy Lin)

Quote Originally Posted by bonnie
    Zeng Li. she used to be considered as one of the actress who can act Xiao Longnv in ROCH

she looks more fitting for the part than lyf (who looks like a 13 yo). zeng li is very pretty based on that picture and looks as though she could easily maintain the icy demeanor...oh well...
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

I don;t think so. Zeng Li has got a more ' sultry' look as compared to LYF who has the innocent and pure look of XLN. as long as she shows some maturity in her acting, LYF will be ok as XLN.

Don't know why people think XLN suppose to look icy the whole series. She suppose to be icy until she fell in love Yang Guo. More emotions start to show. However, her innocent/naive look should always stick with her since she was never expose to the outside world.

If you mean Jiang Xin, she's in Jimmy Lin and Li Bing Bing's Xiao Cui story as a (sexy) snake jing/spirit...

Thanks, Xiao Yu.

Can someone write a summary of the story of Xian Nu You Hun? Cause I think the version I watched is messed up.

I understand that they are a few stories in the series, could somebody list out the list of the stories and from which episodes?

Thanks!
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Quote Originally Posted by tinac
    I understand that they are a few stories in the series, could somebody list out the list of the stories and from which episodes?

Thanks!
    There're six stories all together, each one is 6-7 episodes and there are total of 40 episodes.

1. Huang Xiao Ming and Hu Ke in Judge Lu
    2. Jiang Hua and ..... forget who... in Hua Pi
    3. Jimmy Lin and Fan Bing Bing in Xiao Cui
    4. Ah Bao
    5. Xiao Xie and Qiu Rong
    6. Hu Ge and Yang Ming in Xiao Qian

I skipped story 5 and 6, so I don't know who are in there. I know Tae is in one of them. Probably XXQR. I read somewhere and saw Hongkong actor Zhang Da Ming is in Ah Bao..don't know if he is the main charactor though.
    Last edited by Neuron; 01-08-06 at 07:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neuron
    There're six stories all together, each one is 6-7 episodes and there are total of 40 episodes.

1. Huang Xiao Ming and Hu Ke in Judge Lu
    2. Jiang Hua and ..... forget who... in Hua Pi
    3. Jimmy Lin and Fan Bing Bing in Xiao Cui
    4. Hu Ge and Yang Ming in Xiao Qian
    5. Ah Bao
    6. Xiao Xie aQiu Rong

I skipped story 5 and 6, so I don't know who are in there. I know Tae is in one of them. Probably XXQR.
    Yea Tae is in Xiao Xie Yu Qiu Rong with Leila Tong. As 4 Ah Bao it was Rainie & some unfamous actors.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmelody33
    Yea Tae is in Xiao Xie Yu Qiu Rong with Leila Tong. As 4 Ah Bao it was Rainie & some unfamous actors.
    Ok.. I went back to watch Xiao Xie and Qiu Rong. It is surprisingly good. Like you said, the lead charactors are Tae and Tang Yu. Still don't want to watch Ah Bao though..doesn't seem interesting..
    Last edited by Neuron; 01-08-06 at 07:44 PM.

can anyone tell me abt Xiao Xie's story? i'm dead curious of Leila Tong's character ...i never knew she would star in a China series....i was shocked when i saw her name in the list of casts. She looks as beautiful as ever in ancient series

For people who've watched all the stories, which is your favorite?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan
    can anyone tell me abt Xiao Xie's story? i'm dead curious of Leila Tong's character ...i never knew she would star in a China series....i was shocked when i saw her name in the list of casts. She looks as beautiful as ever in ancient series
    "Xiao Xie" is a story abt a group of ghost who live in an abandoned house. Qiu Rong, played by Huo Si Yan is their leader and she is v close with another ghost, Xiao Xie, played by Leila Tong.They receive an unexpected visit from a scholar called Tao Wang San, played by Tae.

Qiu Rong is a sorrowful ghost who loves her fellow companions but has a hatred for humans, especially men, due to her past life, which is revealed in the story. Xiao Xie is a kind but playful and stuborn ghost who falls for Wang San, a flirtatious scholar.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.flyyo.com/attachment/35_38325.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.flyyo.com/attachment/35_38287.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.flyyo.com/attachment/35_38306.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.flyyo.com/attachment/35_38321.jpg')
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    For people who've watched all the stories, which is your favorite?
    So far, i've only downloaded and finished watching "Xiao Qian" and 3/4 of "Xiao Xie". From the baidu forum i've visited for Liao Zhai, i gather tt most people like these 2 best, as well as that of "Hua Pi" which seems interesting in the opening/ending theme video. Can u give me the summary of "Hua Pi"? And can someone like list down the episodes for the stories? I know 27-33 is "Xiao Xie" and 34-40 is "Xiao Qian".

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    So far, i've only downloaded and finished watching "Xiao Qian" and 3/4 of "Xiao Xie". From the baidu forum i've visited for Liao Zhai, i gather tt most people like these 2 best, as well as that of "Hua Pi" which seems interesting in the opening/ending theme video. Can u give me the summary of "Hua Pi"? And can someone like list down the episodes for the stories? I know 27-33 is "Xiao Xie" and 34-40 is "Xiao Qian".

So where can you go to download all of the episodes?

OMGOSH can u tell me were to download da sereis wif Leila Tong in it!!!!..she looks amazing in dis series..and wow dat guy dat she is paired wif is kindda cute lol..reminds me of jimmy lin a lil..lol..SO were can u downlaod it???

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    I haven't had a chance to watch any of this series yet, but I did do a quick check for the episodes breakdown of the stories.

Lu Pan: 1-6
    Hua Pi: 7-13
    Xiao Cui: 14-20
    Ah Bao: 21-26
    Xiao Xie: 27-33
    Xiao Qian: 34-40
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by beanybeans
    So where can you go to download all of the episodes?
    sadly, the pg i d/l frm (provided by someone at baidu forum) has expired. here is the chinese site to d/l it but u have to register as a user first

http://bbs.52samsung.com/viewthread....extra=page%3D1

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by 1girl
    OMGOSH can u tell me were to download da sereis wif Leila Tong in it!!!!..she looks amazing in dis series..and wow dat guy dat she is paired wif is kindda cute lol..reminds me of jimmy lin a lil..lol..SO were can u downlaod it???

That's funny how you mentioned that about Tae (the main guy with Leila in Xiao Xie) and Jimmy looking similar. Actually, Tae, at certain angles, can really look like Jimmy. They can look so similar that it's kinda unbelievable. It's probably because they have a lot of similar features. Tae and Jimmy were in the sequel to the Legendary Siblings, which I thought was interesting since I think they can pass for brothers based on their looks. Anyway, I saw a clip from Xiao Xie where Tae has a fake mustache and I have to admit for a second I thought it was Jimmy. :-)

So it looks like the series is only a short movies adapted from the Chinese Ghost Story? Does anybody have a full review? Is this series worth buying?
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Herm Albright (1876 - 1944)

i've finished Xiao Xie n Xiao Qian. i think Xiao Qian's the better of these 2 stories. The ending's so sad, but beautiful. Xiao Xie'a a bit boring to me. one thing i dislike about Xiao Xie is that it focuses more on that Qiu Rong than the main character Xiao Xie. And the ending.... i hate the fact that Xiao Xie has to take over Qian Qian's body. moreover, dont u think its so sudden...that TAE suddenly says he love Xiao Xie when those 2 rarely have a lot of screentime together.