Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: Liao Zhai Zhi Shi 聊斋志异 (Huang Xiao Ming, Hu Ge, Li Bing Bing, Jimmy Lin)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    But she still looks hot with all that cake-y makeup on, some actresses look like clowns with very thick makeup on.
    Yep. Kong Wah's character Wang Anxu is rather intriguing. I wonder if he's like that right in the beginning, or was he simply corrupted after his disastrous stint in the capital?

I mean, there were signs that he does loves Mei Sanniang. It's a little weird. @_@

Did the cousin (the one who's obsessed with Mei Sanniang) die? I had the impression that he merely passed out.

But like the other stories, Huapi's ending was kind of rushed and not fine-tuned at all. Pity.

Any names to give regarding the thick makeup matter?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

The Taiwan version - whatever that means - is on sale at YesAsia.
    http://us.yesasia.com/en/PrdDept.asp...id-1004659095/

Other stuff on sale:
    Zhen Guan Chang Ge (Ep.1-82) (End) (China Version) Tang Kuo Chiang,
    Zhang Tie Lin US$107.99 14 Days

Xiong Guan Man Dao (Ep.1-20) (End) (China Version) Du Yuan,
    US$7.99 14 Days

Re Xie Chi Xin (Ep.1-20) (End) (China Version) Hu Jun,
    US$8.99 14 Days

Ai Wo Jiu Gei Wo Yi Ge Jia (Ep.1-27) (End) (China Version) Tong Chun Chung,
    US$10.99 14 Days

Qing Chun Lian Ge (Hong Kong Version) Josephine Siao,
    Patrick Tse US$5.99 14 Days

Call For Love (China Version) Ning Ching,
    Qin Hai Lu US$7.99 14 Days

Call For Love (China Version) Ning Ching,
    Qin Hai Lu US$5.99 14 Days

Zhen Guan Chang Ge (Ep.56-82) (End) (China Version) Tang Kuo Chiang,
    Zhang Tie Lin US$35.99 14 Days

Tai Tou Jian Xi (China Version) Yang Zi ,
    Liu Hua US$6.99 14 Days

Tai Tou Jian Xi (China Version) Yang Zi ,
    Liu Hua US$5.99 14 Days
    Last edited by JamesG; 02-24-07 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Any names to give regarding the thick makeup matter?

I agree with u xx regarding the rushing, as a matter of fact, i thought most of the endings were very hastily done, at least the ones i've watched, which include, Hua Pi, Xiao Xie and Xiao Qian. Oh well, can't blame the director since he's got a mere 7-8 episodes for a whole story.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow

I agree with u xx regarding the rushing, as a matter of fact, i thought most of the endings were very hastily done, at least the ones i've watched, which include, Hua Pi, Xiao Xie and Xiao Qian. Oh well, can't blame the director since he's got a mere 7-8 episodes for a whole story.
    It's six episodes.

The story of Lu Pan (Judge Lu) was hastily done too. The wife didn't even deserve the ending she got! It would be nice if we were told what happened to her next after she died. Will she have a better next life? And did Bai Yang patch up with his future-in-laws? Did they finally accept him? So many things left unanswered. Oh well.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Xiao Qian clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GX-TpZdcuGE
    I love this part much.

I couldn't bare watching through all of the stories. Some of them were very boring and with ridiculously dumb men.

"Xiao Qian" was decent since I already knew the general story, but the ending was way rushed although somewhat touching. Yang Mi was really pretty though. I hope she does a really long series and pair up with Hu Ge again because they had a lot of chemistry.

"Xiao Xie" was really sweet and creative. I watched it mainly because of Leila and Tae and they were so cute together. I'm glad Leila was the lead. The story was very cool with all of the people dying and then reliving again by switching souls and such. Tae's character was very different from the guys in the other stories. He wasn't exactly the all-out gentlemanly scholar I'm used to and it was hilarious. I hope Leila and Tae can pair up again one day. I didn't like the ending to this one at all. I wish Leila would've reincarnated into some form of "herself" and not the body of that spoiled rich brat. I understand why it's done that way since it brings a complete closing to all of the characters involved but it still doesn't pleases me.

The others stories I gave up on. I think I'll watch LZ2, but only the story with Sun Li in it. Maybe the one with Nicky Wu too. The other ones don't seem so great.

Quote Originally Posted by Annisa View Post
    I couldn't bare watching through all of the stories. Some of them were very boring and with ridiculously dumb men.

"Xiao Qian" was decent since I already knew the general story, but the ending was way rushed although somewhat touching. Yang Mi was really pretty though. I hope she does a really long series and pair up with Hu Ge again because they had a lot of chemistry.

"Xiao Xie" was really sweet and creative. I watched it mainly because of Leila and Tae and they were so cute together. I'm glad Leila was the lead. The story was very cool with all of the people dying and then reliving again by switching souls and such. Tae's character was very different from the guys in the other stories. He wasn't exactly the all-out gentlemanly scholar I'm used to and it was hilarious. I hope Leila and Tae can pair up again one day. I didn't like the ending to this one at all. I wish Leila would've reincarnated into some form of "herself" and not the body of that spoiled rich brat. I understand why it's done that way since it brings a complete closing to all of the characters involved but it still doesn't pleases me.

The others stories I gave up on. I think I'll watch LZ2, but only the story with Sun Li in it. Maybe the one with Nicky Wu too. The other ones don't seem so great.
    I haven't watched all the stories yet but i think my favorites will still be Xiao Qian and Xiao Xie & Qiu Rong. I think that Yang Mi and Hu Ge have a lot of chemistry too so i would love to see them in another series together. Leila is always so cute and to see her play a sweet and innocent ghost/spirit was nice. She and Tae were really cute together so yeah, i'd like to see them pair up again too. I didn't like how she was reincarnated into that one annoying girl's body either. But i guess as long as Tae only "sees" Xiao Xie then i guess it's fine. But if i didn't like the girl (he even said he didn't like her), i don't know how i would be able to handle seeing her face every day instead of Xiao Xie's real face. But at the very end, you see her turn back into her original form. So did Leila actually revert back to her normal form and possibly stayed that way or did they just want to show Leila's face one last time? I was kinda confused by that though i was happy to see it was really her again.
    I <3 MatsuJun

Forever Fahrenheit (飛輪海) - Jiro & Arron = <3

Yes! I guess, I'm not the only one who saw tons of chemistry between Hu Ge and Yang Mi. Hm, I saw more between them than let's say, Ariel and LYF. I'm currently obsessed with this pair so I'll be making tons of music videos of them in hopes that they will collaborate again soon.

Anyone knows where I can find pretty art of them? I'm not good at PS stuff so yeah, or perhaps someone can be kind enough to post some here?

I made a music video of Hu Ge and Yang Mi. Enjoy. C/C welcomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v82X6hGiTYM

Mei San Niang

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cq.xinhuanet.com/photonews/2006-08/15/xin_20080315100137212531.jpg')
    Xiao Cui
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cq.xinhuanet.com/photonews/2006-08/15/xin_220803151001325120205.jpg')
    Nie Xiao Qian
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cq.xinhuanet.com/photonews/2006-08/15/xin_240803151001478452310.jpg')
    Xiao Xie
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cq.xinhuanet.com/photonews/2006-08/15/xin_2508031510010191636811.jpg')
    She Jing
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cq.xinhuanet.com/photonews/2006-08/15/xin_2608031510010701203613.jpg')
    Shu han ling
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cq.xinhuanet.com/photonews/2006-08/15/xin_2608031510019921848615.jpg')
    Cui Rong
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.cq.xinhuanet.com/photonews/2006-08/15/xin_21080315100188483254.jpg')
    Last edited by seventhfairy; 04-05-09 at 02:16 PM.

My favorite Liao Zhai stories are Xiao Cui, Hua Pi, and Xiao Qian

i dont remember the names, but i think i really liked the one with HXM and the one with lin zhi ying. oh, and the one with yuan hong

Ok can someone tell me what happen at the end of Xiao Cui. I don't understand it. I mean it ends where Li Bing Bing was able to save Jimmy, and she and her mom went to heaven to judge. Then suddenly jimmy wakes up, and xiao cui was there. Ok i didn't understand. Did it skip a few scenes. I mean how did Xiao Cui come back or was it a dream?