Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaolin’s Divine Art's" Diamond Armor Invincible Body’'

Default Shaolin’s Divine Art's" Diamond Armor Invincible Body’'

This art was said be one of the five top divine arts in history. Hence, i would like to hear your opinions on the effects of the skills below on a practicer of this Diamond Armor Invincible Body. Would he/she suffer from any of the skills below? Or would this skill be able to withstand the effects of the skills below...

1) XL8Z. One of the most powerful Palm Skill in JY's Universe, would the art of Diamond Armor Invincible Body be able to withstand it?

2)Beming Shen Gong. one of the fasting way of obtaining inner strength. Can DAIB prevent its user's neigong from being absorbed away?

3)6MSJ. Has been said to be able to go through anything. Can DAIB prevent it from making holes in it's user's body?
    Last edited by druid; 04-18-06 at 10:41 AM.

I think it would depend on the practitioner's nei gong level. If he/she has higher nei gong than the assailant he would probably be safe.

if not........ splat....

Do you mean the “金刚不换体” found in HSDS?

I only remember Abbot Kongjian being the only one learning this skill. Damo should be the one creating this skill. This martial arts was I think not mentioned in other novels except HSDS.

KJ can receive 10 strikes (except last 3) from Xie Xun without feeling anything at all. I think this martial arts do not really need powerful internal energy, as KJ's internal energy is nowhere near the level of a Great. But it empahsizes on the correct usage/regulation of internal energy for this martial arts.
    ..ext88

How do you know that Kong Jian's internal energy is nowhere near a Great's? At the very least his internal energy is much superior to Xie Xun's, as shown by how he could take a few weak hits without even using the Diamond Body Invulnerability, and how his lightness kungfu was so much better than Xie Xun's.

What I wonder is how this art stacks up against the 9 Yang auto-protect.

I would think that 9Yang auto-protect is much better than this art.

Why? Cos, 9yang auto protect allows you to breathe and talk unlike this Diamond Armour Invincible Body that restricts your breathing. Also, 9yang auto protect is on 24hrs a day? unlike DAIB which needs the user to "activate" it...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by druid
    I would think that 9Yang auto-protect is much better than this art.

Why? Cos, 9yang auto protect allows you to breathe and talk unlike this Diamond Armour Invincible Body that restricts your breathing. Also, 9yang auto protect is on 24hrs a day? unlike DAIB which needs the user to "activate" it...
    Hard to say. But when both are ready, I suspect the diamond armor skill might be better.

In any case, the diamon armor skill seems to be the 'gold standard' in terms of protection, whenever someone isn't hurt by an attack, most people think he has it.

Doesn't mean it is the best though, just the most well known.

Another question might be, is the auto-protect all there is to 9 Yang, or is there also a "manual protect" in 9 Yang which is better than the automatic protection?

A case of "not enough info" for any decent analysis. Xie Xun's palm strikes at that time weren't that great. ZWJ could take it all day. We only have one sentence from JY that 9 Yang and top Shaolin inner energy arts were equal, so that's it, I guess.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    A case of "not enough info" for any decent analysis. Xie Xun's palm strikes at that time weren't that great. ZWJ could take it all day. We only have one sentence from JY that 9 Yang and top Shaolin inner energy arts were equal, so that's it, I guess.
    Yeah..., and that "top" shaolin internal is very vague because I've (not suggesting that YJJ is better than 9 Yang because we all know YJJ is clearly better) once suggested that 9 Yang could be = to YJJ since YJJ is the "top" shaolin internal.

Quote Originally Posted by K2Grey
    How do you know that Kong Jian's internal energy is nowhere near a Great's? At the very least his internal energy is much superior to Xie Xun's, as shown by how he could take a few weak hits without even using the Diamond Body Invulnerability, and how his lightness kungfu was so much better than Xie Xun's.

What I wonder is how this art stacks up against the 9 Yang auto-protect.
    KJ's internal energy was already weaker than a 90-year pre ZSF (who haven't create Heavenly Slaying Dragon Arts, Taiji Quan and Taiji Swordplay yet.) So how can KJ have a internal energy that is equal to a Great?
    ..ext88

Originally posted by Extremer88

KJ's internal energy was already weaker than a 90-year pre ZSF (who haven't create Heavenly Slaying Dragon Arts, Taiji Quan and Taiji Swordplay yet.) So how can KJ have a internal energy that is equal to a Great?
    Any proof that KJ's internal is weaker than ZSF's? Was it stated in the novel?

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

originally posted by druid
    Any proof that KJ's internal is weaker than ZSF's? Was it stated in the novel?
    when wuji received the kongtong elder's strike, he thought wuji had mastered shaolin's diamond armour skill and struck while wuji was speaking, wuji then said"when shaolin's diamond armour is mastered to the highest level, you can use it even while speaking". it shows that KJ's inner power wasn't as good as wuji's and ZSF was even better then. ZSF already equaled the greats before taking disiples. he was at least as good as WCY when founding wudang (around fifty/sixty). KJ was the second best in wulin at the time of his death, at least as good as yang potian and the three du elder monks.

shaolin's diamond armour can block weapons as well when mastered, like iron vest skill but superior. it was external as well as internal. 9yang was only good to counter inner power strikes. it won't stop weapons.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

r u sure that 9 yang can't stop weapons? though admittedly iron vest/iron shirt and golden bell or the so-called diamond armour is meant for "armour" in terms of protecting the practitioner from all sorts of attack even weapons, but i`m no too sue bout 9 yang. any notes about 9 yang can`t stop weapons?
    Let him be violent,
    Let him be evil,
    For me, it is enough if I
    just breathe in my pure energy."

http://echallengor.blogspot.com

http://ech33.ui2u.com

originally posted by kyss of the sword

when wuji received the kongtong elder's strike, he thought wuji had mastered shaolin's diamond armour skill and struck while wuji was speaking, wuji then said"when shaolin's diamond armour is mastered to the highest level, you can use it even while speaking". it shows that KJ's inner power wasn't as good as wuji's and ZSF was even better then. ZSF already equaled the greats before taking disiples. he was at least as good as WCY when founding wudang (around fifty/sixty). KJ was the second best in wulin at the time of his death, at least as good as yang potian and the three du elder monks.
    Eh? I am pretty sure Zhang Wuji said nothing about the Shaolin's diamond armour during the whole fight.

Taken from this source http://www.wuxiapedia.com/novels/jin...k_3/chapter_21, it says that the Kong Tong elder thought that ZWJ has mastered the art.

However, it was also said that "Chang Jing Zhi knew that all those who practiced this mystical skill of bodily-protection must depend upon the generation of a single breath of inner Qi. Once that person opens their mouth to speak, that breath of Qi will dissipate immediately."

Hence, i would think that the diamond armour still does not allow you to speak no matter even when you fully master the skill.

9Yang has a feature of being able to return the enemy's force back to himself.

It can protect one from sharp objects, like when sharp frog teeth had zero effect on WJ (1st edition anyway). Yi Tian Sword is a no ordinary sword and WJ can be hurt be it, especially if he is not ready to take it.

ZWJ was ready for that 4 person formation with swords, though, and he didn't try to block it with 9 Yang. He didn't try to block Kong Sheng's Dragon Claws with it, either. So that indicates to me that the auto-protect can't block sharp weapons and that you need to be much, much more powerful than your opponent.

ZWJ's 9 Yang shield could not protect himself from ordinary sharp objects, although it does try to push the offending object aside (e.g when Yin Li pretended to slit his throat with the blunt edge of the shaving knife). Only Xu Zhu's Bei Ming shield was powerful enough for that. This certain expert swordsman (nicknamed Divine Sword) tried to chop him on the back (he didn't want to kill Xu Zhu, but wanted to give him a warning, probably injuring him a little to scare him) but Xu Zhu's Bei Ming shield pushed it back so it only cut through the clothing and didn't hurt him.

ZWJ's 9 Yang shield also couldn't protect him from Zhao Min's love bite (on his hand). It did make Zhao Min's jaw go numb for a little while though.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by Candide
    ZWJ's 9 Yang shield could not protect himself from ordinary sharp objects, although it does try to push the offending object aside (e.g when Yin Li pretended to slit his throat with the blunt edge of the shaving knife). Only Xu Zhu's Bei Ming shield was powerful enough for that. This certain expert swordsman (nicknamed Divine Sword) tried to chop him on the back (he didn't want to kill Xu Zhu, but wanted to give him a warning, probably injuring him a little to scare him) but Xu Zhu's Bei Ming shield pushed it back so it only cut through the clothing and didn't hurt him.

ZWJ's 9 Yang shield also couldn't protect him from Zhao Min's love bite (on his hand). It did make Zhao Min's jaw go numb for a little while though.
    ZWJ's shield is ineffective against sharp objects and highly concentrated chi. When he fought the 3 persians, their yin cold chi penetrated ZWJ's auto shield. The book said that the 3 internals may not be a match for 9 Yang auto shield, but they concentrated that yin chi. JY than makes a comparision that a sharp needle (compared to highly concentrated chi) can penetrate through a big thick cow skin.

As for what K2Grey said earlier, the auto shield will always work. It's just that if you have an opponent your level. it wouldn't work as well against a person who's level is 1 level below. Like if YG threw out a Sad Palm at 100%, ZWJ's auto shield can probably take in 30% of it and reduce a decent amount of damage he was going to take.

BMSG doesn't really help XZ all that much against sharp objects though, he was cut by JMZ in the Shaolin fight, when that monk used a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    BMSG doesn't really help XZ all that much against sharp objects though, he was cut by JMZ in the Shaolin fight, when that monk used a knife.
    JMZ was a Xiao Feng level fighter, mate.