Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WCY and South Emperor divine skill

Question WCY and South Emperor divine skill

i just saw from the tv broadcast that WCY did teach Yi-deng monk the skill called Xian Tian Gong, what is that? is it some super-human skill? what does it do

from what i know, it seems like only the 2 of them knows this

I believe that the skill is for the cultivation of inner energy like 9 Yang/ 9Yin and Yi Jin Jing etc. Hence because of this skill and Southern Emperor's own inner energy cultivation (before he learned/practice XTG), it made his inner energy the deepest and best (??) among the five greats (HYS,ZBT, H7G, OYF and himself).

Was the Pre-Heaven skill(XTG) ever passdown to ZBT and the QZ7 taoists? Looks like this skill was lost from QZ sect when WCY died *sigh*. Was this mentioned in the novel?

it seems like WCY only taught Yi-deng and none of the Quanzhen sect ppl...weird..because it sounds like a great skill

WCY taught yideng xian tian gong (XTG) in order to counter ouyang feng. Ouyang feng's ha ma gong is countered by yideng's yi yang zhi combined with WCY's XIG. Therefore, when WCY knew he waz going to die, he passed XTG to yideng to counter ouyang feng.

Xian Tian Gong is QZ's highest level of martial art. It's what gave him the edge against his opponents at Hwa Mountain. I believed this was also the only thing that remained superior to Jade Maiden. Jade Maiden broke almost everything (well, except for later developed ones like Vacant Fist) externally. However, internally, QZ had the edge if they learned XTG. XTG at that time, was the only thing that could beat Toad Stance (1 Yang Zhi alone isn't enough). Therefore, pass it on too YD, then 1 Yang Zhi+XTG = to OYF's Toad Stance's blackstar.

Was there a reason why WCY did not teach this skill to ZBT and the 7 QZ disciples?

ZBT lost his virginity.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

Pre-heave Skill (Xiantian Gong) does not need one to be a virgin. South emperor had an empress and concubines.

We do not know if Xiantian Gong was lost, it was never said so. Wang Chongyang could have taught it to Zhou Botong and the Seven Masters but none could reach a good level in it. But it is certain that Wang Chongyang never taught anyone Yiyang Finger, he respected the tradition of the Duan family.

For all we know, the Seven Masters know Xiantian Gong but they have not and did not reach the highest level in this skill.
    Last edited by Athena; 12-26-05 at 06:43 AM.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

so what does xian tian gong do? its a formula for body building or some stance that is like XL18 palms, etc...

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

The novels never stated what Xiantian Gong was. South Emperor, reverend Yideng only said that it was Wang Chongyang's best art.
    Xiantian Gong could be an internal energy cultivation method with techniques and stances, but it could also be just a meditation formula for only cultivating internal strength without stances and such.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    Wang Chongyang could have taught it to the Zhou Botong and the Seven Masters but none could reach a good level in it.
    I would be quite surprised if WCY did pass on Xiantian Gong to ZBT but the latter could not excel it. At least, by the time of ROCH, ZBT should be able to excel it given his basis and his willingness to learn or excel the martial arts for the sake of his own happiness.

Maybe Xiantian Gong is something like YJJ ...

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

xiantian senggong was like the ultimate aspect of quezhen skills. it was the essence of quezhen combined skills, and quezhen skills unique aspect was every move contains inner power. most other sects weren't like that, where moves and inner power were as one. evidently xiantian senggong allows you to imbudue a powerful and pure inner power force in to all your moves. it enhanced yiyang finger to it's ultimate expression.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

so is it right to say that it became a lost skill after Yi-deng?

I supposed this skills lost after Yi Deng. Clearly, none of Yi Deng's disciples knew this skills. Otherwise, they could be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thai guy
    I supposed this skills lost after Yi Deng. Clearly, none of Yi Deng's disciples knew this skills. Otherwise, they could be better.
    But perhaps the skill was retained in Dali's Celestial Dragon Temple.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    But perhaps the skill was retained in Dali's Celestial Dragon Temple.
    Nah...., I doubt it. This wasn't Dali's kung fu. It would almost be like plagarism.

Quote Originally Posted by Athena
    The novels never stated what Xiantian Gong was. South Emperor, reverend Yideng only said that it was Wang Chongyang's best art.
    Xiantian Gong could be an internal energy cultivation method with techniques and stances, but it could also be just a meditation formula for only cultivating internal strength without stances and such.
    I personally think XTG is a meditation formula. No external. Kind of like 9 Yang- only inner, no outer. I remember reading in LOCH that Ma Yue got angry and used QZ's strongest palm technique (forgot what it was called). Cho Chu Zi thought in his head that if Ma Yue started with this palm technique, than his opponent must have really made Ma Yue upset. The point is, this palm technique is separate.

XTG is strong, but I would say 9 Yin internal is still better. 9 Yin reached Dao's highest kung fu level. In addition, WCY did improve from reading the book, so it can be inferred that XTG isn't Dao's highest level(therefore inferior to 9 Yin).

Quote Originally Posted by Whsie
    Nah...., I doubt it. This wasn't Dali's kung fu. It would almost be like plagarism.
    Are we talking about Yiyang Finger or Xian Tian Gong? I thought we were talking about Yiyang Finger, that's why I said perhaps Dali retained it after Yideng. But if we were talking about Xian Tian Gong then nevermind
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」