Thread: A Day In The Life At A.A.E. Dreamland (A.D.I.T.L.A.A.D.)

Post A Day In The Life At A.A.E. Dreamland (A.D.I.T.L.A.A.D.)

Foreword:
    ~ a fan fiction story based on the characters of the "koreanovela" ALL ABOUT EVE; the lead characters' names have been modified to make the story more unique and 'personalized' ~

“A Day In The Life At AAE Dreamland” (A.D.I.T.L.A.A.D.)

>> Written by: I.L.K. (PH) or “iluvkoreanovela” ; September 1, 2005

* Cast of Characters:
    JDK – Jung Daum Kun (equivalent to Hyun Chul / Xiang Zhe / Kenneth character)
    JCT – Jung Chae Tin (equivalent to Sun Mi / Shan Mei / Nicole character)
    JJM – Jung Jien Mae (daughter of JDK & JCT)
    JMR – Jung Mei Ri (JDK’s cousin)
    PGC – Park Gu Chen (JCT’s dad)

INTRODUCTION:

It has been almost five years since the Jung family had been living in “AAE Dreamland.” It is a very peaceful and quiet community – one with nature, with serene surroundings and warm fresh morning air and cool night breeze gliding to and from their home. It’s an almost perfect state, seemed like “heaven on earth!” But life was not always this rosy for the family of three. The beginning of this love story was also filled with their own share of trials, pitfalls and despair. But as to how they have wound up in this magical place is an interesting story in itself…let me share it with you…

Chapter One: “FLASHBACK”

[PART (A)]

Looking back 5 years ago to that scene at the pedestrian crossing, JDK (then a bachelor 30 years of age) professed his love for CT (a 25 year old maiden). He proposed marriage to her right there on the street. CT was of course speechless and all she could muster was a slight nod of approval with tears starting to roll down from her eyes. And as they sealed that promise with a passionate kiss, unaware of their surroundings and the honking of the cars and buses passing by them, they buried each other in a tight embrace, as slowly they made their way back to JDK’s silver gray BMW parked at the side of the street…

Once inside the car, both DK and CT were speechless but you can sense from their body language that they would never want to part. Unfortunately, tomorrow morning DK was scheduled to leave for London to attend to some business matters regarding MBC. And as the head of the planning division, he was specifically requested by his father to look into the matters in London…

It was the beginning of the year and there was a plan to forge a tie up between MBC Korea and BBC England in order to continuously import BBC’s children’s programs and in return also to export MBC’s lifestyle and culture shows. This business deal will be very crucial to the penetration to the global market of MBC’s shows, thus it was imperative that DK himself manage the contract and talk to the BBC executives…

This thought was now looming in both their minds, filled with ecstasy as now they have been finally engaged but also filled with regret as tomorrow they shall be parting ways again and there was no definite time frame as to how long DK will need to stay in London…

DK glanced at CT’s side of the car and sensing also what she was feeling, he held her hand and asked if she would be willing to spend more time with him even if the hour was already late. CT mentioned that DK had an early flight the next day and needed to sleep and rest in order to wake up early. But DK insisted and asked her if she didn’t want to spend more time with him on his last night in Korea before flying to London...

CT understood his longing and so she telephoned her dad PGC and informed him that she was still with DK and that they have just been engaged and that he requested to spend a little more time with her tonight since it was his last night in Korea before leaving for London. GC was of course delighted with the news and gave his consent for her to spend more time with DK. Her father even jokingly replied that she actually didn’t have to ask for ‘permission’ as she was already a 25 year old adult…

After hanging up the phone, CT then asked DK what he wanted to do and where he planned to go. DK gently asked if she wouldn’t mind just proceeding to his apartment as they were both tired from the long trip of the day and at least at his home, they can talk & be comfortable & relaxed. CT thought of objecting at first but seeing in his face how exhausted he really seemed from the long day’s travel, she simply complied with his request…

Upon arriving at his apartment, DK led CT to the sofa and asked if she wanted to have a drink, she declined to drink wine but she said a glass of water would be fine. As he went to the kitchen to get a glass of water for her and a bottle of light beer for him, he couldn’t help but stare at the beautiful ‘princess’ before him. Is she really here, are they really engaged, will she “be with him everyday” as he had planned to write on his proposal note to her???

As DK approached her, CT stood up and moved towards the window, parting the curtains to look at the stars, as what she had the habit of doing every night from her room. DK followed her to the window, put his arm around her shoulder and whispered to her ear: “Stargazing again my dear?? That is really your favorite thing to do… but what about looking at me?? How about gazing at my face instead???”

CT slightly blushed and gave him a sweet smile as she remembered him saying the same words when they were out star-gazing too one night after they spent that afternoon at the amusement park as DK’s effort to cheer her up after a hard day at work. She was the branch manager of the coffee shop DK frequented every time he wanted to have a coffee break and be away from the stress and demands of the office. This place, the Maxim Café was also co-owned by his cousin JMR who soon became CT’s closest friend since they’ve been working together on a daily basis…

In that place was where he first chanced upon her, observing her every move as she gingerly welcomed and entertained all the clients and customers. Always making sure that she and all her staff rendered their services with great care and high quality plus a big smile…That beaming ‘ear to ear’ smile that first caught his attention and he has been mesmerized ever since…

She then glanced his way and said: “Of course it’s so much better and much more pleasant to stare at your face, my love.” Then she finished that statement with a wink. DK couldn’t resist the desire to hold her close in his arms and as he did, she playfully asked him: “Is this another round of that 5 minute hug??” To which DK answered: “No my darling, this time, since we are in the luxury of my own home, it shall last for an “ETERNITY” more…

CT was puzzled by DK’s remark and as she glanced up to meet his face, he gently kissed her once again. Much like the kiss they shared in the middle of the street previously, but this time with more intensity. CT also could not resist the sweet taste of his lips and he slowly moved away from the window and led her to sit on the sofa, CT suddenly felt a tingling warmth in her body that she could not explain. Her mind wanted to stop DK from kissing her so deeply and passionately but her heart and her very lips were responding in a different way…

Their kisses proceeded to more passionate caresses, and try as they could to stop the burning sensation of love between them, the fire that was ignited was much too big to extinguish. Both their minds were in a blur and they seemed only to move by instinct. One thing led to another and before they knew it, they had consumed their sweetest love for each other and both their hungers have been quenched by this act of love, uniting their minds and bodies as one…

Events after that fateful night when she totally surrendered herself to DK were in a bit of a haze or have been a blurred memory for her. The time he was in London; the phone calls she received saying that he would have to extend and extend his stay there because of pressing and urgent business matters; the changes going on in her body that she could not understand…

The sad day that he revealed to her that he would need to stay in London for at least six more months since the former head of planning in the London office has abruptly retired due to health reasons and that a quick, suitable and efficient replacement was very hard to find. He sensed her reluctance to let him stay abroad longer but he calmed her nerves saying that after all these things have been ironed out and when he comes back to Korea, then they can plan every detail of their wedding with no more interruptions and delays…

What he didn’t know was the reason CT was really insisting for him to return was that she was carrying his child…a result of the love they made on the eve of his trip to London. She was not aware of her condition until that afternoon when her best friend MR accompanied her to the doctor, thinking it was only because of over fatigue due to the long hours she stays and works at the coffee shop even after closing time. Imagine her shock when the doctor told her that there was nothing physically wrong with her except --- that she was 4 weeks pregnant…

She almost collapsed to the floor if not for MR’s quick reflexes to catch her before she hit the ground. When her friend asked her what the doctor said was wrong with her, she could not speak and just asked her to accompany her home as she felt so tired and dizzy to travel alone. Upon reaching her house, she suddenly ran to the bathroom and had this urge to throw up. MR was puzzled at first by CT’s actions then after a while her eyes became wide open as she followed her to the bathroom and asked her: “What’s wrong CT, please be honest with me, are you pregnant???”

CT could not hide the truth from her best friend anymore and as she slumped to the floor sobbing, she confirmed MR’s assumption which prompted her friend to ask: “The father is DK right? Does he already know? Does your dad already know? Who else knows??” CT was sort of irritated with the barrage of MR’s questions as she quickly replied: “No one else knows, okay?? I myself only found out today!! So it’s only me and you who are aware of my condition. There, satisfied???”

MR was a bit shocked by CT’s sudden outburst of emotions but she also recalled reading from a book that pregnant women generally go through several mood swings within a day and so she thought that CT was just having her moody episode just now. She helped her friend to stand up from the floor and guided her towards the chair and got a glass of lukewarm water for her. When CT has somehow managed to compose herself, she looked at MR intently and asked: “What am I going to do?? How will I tell my father?? How can I tell DK when he just informed me this morning that he needs to stay in London much longer to manage the branch of their business there?”…

MR could not answer her friend and she just silently sat beside her, comforting her as she continued to sob and tears would not cease to flow from her eyes. Finally MR said:” CT please stop crying already, it isn’t healthy for you and the baby. Please consider that. We will sort out these matters tomorrow. For now have a good night’s rest because you will need it. You have to be healthy and strong always during your pregnancy. I will not leave your house until your father gets home. I shall not tell him anything, I will leave it to you for only you have the right to tell him. Be strong CT, everything will work out just fine, you’ll see. What’s important is that you know my cousin DK loves you very much and that he would not abandon you and the baby.”…

That night, CT felt so restless and lonely but she could not bring herself to call DK and give him the news. She was not sure if he would welcome it gladly at this time since he was so immersed with his work and that she wouldn’t want to give him additional pressure or anxiety regarding her and the forthcoming baby. She resolved to herself that for now, the only man that would know about her delicate condition is none other than - - - her father, GC…

[end of Part (A)]

[Chapter One: Part (B)]

CT had a very difficult pregnancy, she was advised by the doctor to be on “house rest” for the next six months in order not to risk losing the baby. As a result, she had to resign from her job for the meantime since continuing to work was not advisable said the doctor. Her best friend and future “cousin-in-law” was very instrumental in assisting her, keeping her company at home when her schedule permits, telling her all sorts of stories, learning to cook and bake while CT just looked on. She was unable to help but very eager to join in when it comes to taste-testing!!...

MR was also the reason CT was able to hide her true condition from DK because every time he would ask her how she was doing, how was work and other matters, she would pretend that everything is normal and okay. MR was always there to “back up” her story whenever DK would call her in turn and ask her also about CT. So between the two friends, the secret is like a “sacred vow” and this time the saying “blood is thicker than water” was proven wrong since even though MR and DK were related by blood -- being cousins, but the bond of friendship between her and CT was stronger. That is why she could not break her promise to her not to reveal anything to DK and to the rest of his family and their relatives…

Six months was almost over and the time was nearing for DK’s return to Korea. However, on the part of CT, instead of great delight and anticipation, she was feeling more of anxiety and depression for she did not know how to break the news to him and how to explain her condition, not to mention how to handle his very surprised and astonished reaction upon seeing her heavy with child – with HIS CHILD…

That afternoon, CT was scheduled for an ultrasound in order to see if the pregnancy was proceeding smoothly and also to determine the gender of the baby. Once again her constant companion MR was there for moral support as GC, CT’s dad was often away to far areas due to his job as an engineer in construction sites. The doctor confirmed that the baby would be a GIRL. CT was so delighted as well as MR upon hearing the news. But the doctor continued that there was also some bad news, CT had a growing tumor or cyst within her uterus and the doctor said that it had to be operated upon soon. After she gives birth, the cyst must also be removed so that it can be examined to determine if it is a cancer risk or not…

CT’s heart suddenly sank as she could not fully relish in the joy of knowing that she will have a healthy baby girl but that it was her own life that could be in danger. She is more worried now as this is another heavy brick of burden to lay on DK’s shoulder. First her unexpected pregnancy, and now the risk of losing her due to that lump found in her body! CT was again at a loss for words but a drastic solution was brewing in her heart and developing in her mind. She wanted to flee from Korea as she was not yet ready to face DK at this time - - - with all the turmoil going on in her heart and mind and life…

That day when DK was scheduled to arrive from London was also the day that CT and GC were scheduled to fly to Japan. GC was offered a very good position in a construction company there and the timing of this offer also coincided with the desire of CT to momentarily hide from DK until she has given birth and has been operated upon. She wanted to know the biopsy result first to confirm that she is free from any health related danger before she could be ready to face DK again. GC and MR naturally wanted to object to this plan of CT but they could not express it so strongly for they did not want to add to the stress that she was feeling. This could add more complications and put her and the baby at risk…

MR was having mixed emotions as she paced to and from the airport lobby. She had just bid farewell to CT and her dad who were bound for Japan and this time she was waiting for her cousin DK and thinking of the right words of how to break the news to him gently and in a manner that he would understand and not enrage him! Upon seeing MR, DK smiled but he was a bit puzzled on why it was only her fetching him and why CT was not around?? Was she not even excited to see him after almost eight months of being away from each other?? Was she harboring ill feelings towards him all this time since he did not return as soon as he had originally promised, thus delaying all their marriage plans?...

DK wanted to start interrogating MR right there and then with a string of questions but his cousin told him to be patient and that they would proceed and talk at the coffee shop. DK’s face somehow lit up for he thought maybe CT was waiting for him there since she could not leave her duties at the café and that she has prepared a surprise there waiting for him. Little did he know that it was all on the contrary, for when they reached the place, he did not see a glimpse or even a shadow of CT. He then turned to MR with a stern face and in a low but forceful voice he asked her: “What’s really going on cousin? I have to know, please tell me!”…

MR asked him to sit down in the corner table and slowly related to him: “DK, CT has resigned from her position here in the café because her father was offered a very good job and very big promotion in a construction company… in the U.S….” MR was interrupted by DK: ”So, why didn’t she mention any of these to me? We talk on the phone almost everyday, even writing e-mails, but not a word or hint about this change of employment of her dad. What is really the reason why she’s not here MR??”…

She was so tempted to tell him the whole truth but she had to stick to her story as she had promised CT. She even had to lie about their destination for if DK knew that they were just nearby and also within Asia, he would surely jump on the next plane and follow her there!...

“That is the truth cousin, no more, no less.” MR replied. Of course she was lying but she could not admit it to his face, afraid that it might be her who would absorb his anger upon knowing the truth. Plus the disappointment of CT if she found out that she had broken their “sacred vow of secrecy”. DK then asked: “Okay then, where in the U.S.? what state, what city, east coast or west coast? Give me her new address and telephone no. so I can contact her and confirm this ridiculous story from her very own mouth”…

“Actually, I don’t know too cousin.” She responded. Ever since they left, she has not contacted me either and I too am a bit puzzled by it. Maybe they are just so busy settling down in a new country that they haven’t had the time or chance to call me… or even you…” “Hah!, what a lame excuse!” He exclaimed. Maybe the real reason why she’s hiding from me is that she is so mad at me for not keeping my word, for not returning to Korea earlier. But how can she be so immature and inconsiderate? Did I not explain to her that the work in London was very crucial and demanding? I asked her if she could wait for me and she said she will. But where is she now?”...

“She flew away to another country, avoiding to see me! Why - - - to hurt my feelings? To retaliate? To make me feel bad and lonely and hurt too as much as I have made her feel in my absence? Well if she wants to play games with me, then that’s fine! I’m not going around like a ‘headless chicken’ scampering around to look for her! If she managed to leave, then she should manage to make her way back home.” He glanced at MR with a serious face and said: “In case your “best friend” contacts you, tell her what I said. If she’s not mature enough to understand these business situations, then I guess she’s not matured enough to get married and be a wife at all!”…

With these strong words, DK stormed out of the café and left MR speechless. But in her mind she was thinking… if only you knew DK, if only you knew the truth…of how long CT has been silently suffering in secret, just so she would not affect you and confuse your mind…because she understood how vital and important your task was in London. If only you knew”…

It was autumn and the month finally came for CT to give birth, she was scheduled for a caesarian operation since after delivering her baby, she will also undergo an operation to remove the cyst from her uterus. Her father was constantly by her side, giving all the moral support and encouragement that she needs. Though deep inside GC knows that the only person who can fully comfort her now is DK…

However, a month ago, upon arriving in Japan and calling MR to ask how DK was, she was deeply saddened by the news her best friend gave her. She related DK’s violent reaction and hurtful words of protest. This news depleted CT of all her eagerness to see DK and talk to him as it was more of hurt & fear that enveloped her heart. Also, the guilt of depriving her darling DK with the right to know about her condition and about their child. But it was too late to have regrets now. What matters most at present is for her to deliver a healthy baby and to be risk-free from any disease as well. Then she will muster enough courage to face him, with their child in her arms and to explain to him all the things that went on in her life during the time he was away…

CT gave birth to a healthy baby girl and named her JJM (Jung Jien Mae) and she was so delighted because she had her father’s eyes and nose but she got her mother’s lips and rounded face. And when her baby smiled, the little girl could light up the whole room, much like her mother’s beaming smile. When CT has regained strength and was given the good news (that the biopsy test results proved that the cyst was only a benign mass and not cancerous) she went back to their abode in Japan with her dad and baby daughter JM…

While taking care of the baby, she was often observed by her father staring into empty space. One time her father approached her and said: “CT, I think it is already time to contact DK. He has the right to know about your baby girl. Besides, you are now free of worries for her or your own life. We can see she is a very healthy baby and as for you, all your test results proved negative to cancer. So I think child, now is the right time to put both of you out of misery and share the joy of the union of your complete family”…
    CT valued her father’s advice and she promised herself that on the next day, she will gather enough courage to call DK…

[end of Part (B)]

[Chapter One: Part (C) *Conclusion*]

The next morning, CT called MR and informed her that she had a bouncing baby girl and that she named her niece JM. MR was so delighted to hear this and as she exclaimed with joy, she forgot that there were many customers in the coffee shop, and DK was even among them. DK was very curious as to who could his cousin be talking to on the phone that made her so happy and excited. Then suddenly he realized that it could be CT!...

Abruptly he stood up and forgetting whatever manners he had learned, grabbed the phone from MR’s hand and began talking to the mouth piece. “Hello, who is this please, who is giving my cousin so much delight and excitement while talking to her?” CT was taken aback for she knew that voice was familiar. She could only whisper in a soft voice: “It is me CT, is that you DK?” DK responded: “Oh, so it’s you! How great of you to still remember your fiance’s name whom you have suddenly abandoned without giving any word about your whereabouts!”…

At this point, MR could not believe what his cousin had done, grabbing the phone from her so rudely and now exclaiming with a very loud voice, even scaring some of the customers away! She was having second thoughts of whether to retrieve her phone from him or to just let him be and give him this chance to finally talk to CT. On the other end of the line, CT was a bit shocked by DK’s harsh words but deep in her heart she understood that he had a valid reason to be mad at her…

She then responded to DK: “Can we talk but in a calm manner? I have very important matters to tell you.” she pleaded to him. He said: “ So now, after almost two months of silence, you finally decided to talk to me, how come?” he retorted, but with a more subdued voice this time. “It’s a very delicate matter that I cannot discuss with you over the phone. But would you be willing to meet with me?”…

“You mean go all the way to the U.S. just to see you? Isn’t it a bit too sudden?” You expect me to just drop everything again, my work, my duties, just to accommodate you?” He again replied with a bit of sarcasm. CT was slightly hurt by this remark but she did not dwell on it, instead she revealed to him her true whereabouts. “I’m not in the U.S. DK, I’m only here in Japan. This is where dad got the new job offer. Can you take a train and visit us here. I shall give you our address and you may ask MR for my contact number.”…

Hearing this, DK was suddenly speechless then he glared at his cousin for he remembered that it was her who told him that they were in the U.S. MR just pretended not to notice her cousin’s angry stare and just continued to attend to the café’s guests, ignoring DK’s reaction. “Oh I see, so you have also connived with my own cousin in order to deceive me!” He was again starting to get irritated. But CT just pushed forth her request. “Again DK, I’m asking you, can you meet me here in Japan? It’s really very important. I hope you can find the time. I will wait for you. Here is my address…”

On the train ride going to Japan, DK was in a jumble of emotions. He was partly excited to see CT again but at the same time he still felt angry and hurt by what she did… Disappearing like that without a trace - - - ignoring his feelings. And as he alighted from the train and walked toward the direction of CT’s house based on the address she gave him, his heart was beating really fast. Maybe because he already knew that no matter how much she had hurt his feelings, he was still truly, madly and deeply in love with her...

Upon reaching the door of the apartment building, DK pressed on the door bell button. It was GC who opened the door and he greeted him with a warm smile and a firm handshake. “Hello DK, long time no see…how was your trip?” GC asked him. “Good evening Mr. Park, I’m fine, thank you” was his formal reply to CT’s father. “Come in and have a seat, CT will be coming out momentarily. Can I offer you anything to drink?” GC asked. “No thank you” was his short reply. By this, GC excused himself and went inside the room…

Seconds after, CT slowly moved out of the bedroom and walked into the living room. She could not lift her head to meet his eyes so she just maintained her head bowed and softly said: “Hello DK”. He was a bit shocked upon seeing her because she looked so frail and weak, even pale. Forgetting that he was supposed to be mad at her, he instinctively walked towards her and asked: “Are you sick CT? You look so pale and fragile.”…

She gave a weak smile and said: “No, I’m not sick, just tired maybe due to lack of sleep.” DK asked again: “Well, have you been eating properly? You know you have a habit of skipping meals especially when you are very busy at work. You have been working here too in Japan right? It’s not like you to just stay at home while your dad is also away and busy with work, knowing the ‘busy body’ that you are.” DK stated, knowing CT too well by now…

CT smiled again and replied: “Well then I guess you won’t believe it when I say I have been pretty much house-bound for the past 9 months or so…” DK interrupted: “Really? How come?” Before CT could finish her sentence, a faint cry of a baby was overheard from the bedroom. DK had a frown on his face and asked: “Do you have a guest in the house? I think I heard a baby cry.” Then she said: “Oh no, we don’t have a guest.”
    “Then how come I could have sworn I heard a baby cry from inside the bedroom?” he inquired further.

GC knew that this was the cue for him to come out of the room too and so he did with little baby JM wrapped in his arms. DK’s eyes grew wide open, full of wonder and astonishment as to why there is a baby in GC & CT’s house. Then as CT took the baby in her arms… it was slowly dawning on him… the realization was creeping into his consciousness…”DK, this is JM, and no, she is not a house guest here but actually a resident - - - because JM is my daughter - - - OUR DAUGHTER.”…

DK could not believe his ears! Was he dreaming or hallucinating? He suddenly felt dizzy but somehow managed to regain his composure. And seeing CT and baby JM together for the very first time, finally it was very clear to him… JM is indeed CT’s daughter… no, no, THEIR DAUGHTER!! And as he stared at this cute bundle of joy, he could see a resemblance to him on the little angel’s face. Surely, she had his eyes and nose and her mother’s lips and rosy cheeks and also that very beautiful and charming smile…

He could not contain his joy any longer so he hugged CT, careful not to hurt the baby in her arms, then he proceeded to ask her: “Why didn’t you tell me? Oh God, If only I had known, I would have rushed back to your side in an instant! I’m sorry I wasn’t there beside you during your pregnancy and when you gave birth to JM. Forgive me for being so harsh in judging you, for…”

Before DK could finish, CT said: “Hush DK, it’s not your fault but mine. I was the one who insisted to keep it a secret from you. Both dad & MR objected to it but I would not listen because I was so afraid to let you know. If you found out you will surely be distracted in your work and be confused all because of me. You had your duties to fulfill and I didn’t want to be a hindrance to that…me and the baby. I knew you would surely be returning and I just had to wait for you…”

“But you didn’t wait for me CT, you left Korea without telling me and you hid the truth from me, why?” DK was still confused. “It’s because on my seventh month of pregnancy, I found out that I had a tumor, a lump in my uterus and the doctors were not sure if I had the risk of cancer or not. Thus, all the more I had to keep the truth from you coz it would be another heavy burden for you to carry if you discovered about that too” she explained.
    “Oh CT, is that why you look so frail & weak? Because you are sick?”…

“No DK, I’m fine now. Thankfully the test results were negative to cancer so I’m alright now. I’m just recovering from the operation and have not been sleeping very well due to the baby. But other than that, I’m okay, don’t worry.” Upon hearing this, DK’s mind was set at ease then he glanced back at baby JM and asked: “Can I hold her?”

“Of course” she said. “I’ve been waiting for this moment for a very long time.” Seeing this, GC could not help but cry tears of joy too as he remarked: “Now the Jung family is complete!! I’m so happy for you CT and DK and for you dear baby JM”…

GC joined the family in a warm embrace and he knew that this was the start of the beautiful life that was in store for his daughter CT and her beloved DK and their darling little angel JM…

As the Jung family left GC’s apartment, CT could not contain her tears too for she was bidding farewell to her dad who has been ever so supportive and understanding of her situation. Even during the time that she revealed to him her delicate condition. She did not hear any words of resentment from him, but instead he served as her source of comfort and strength. During those times that DK was not by her side to give her moral support…

“I shall visit you and my grand daughter often when my schedule permits. You take care okay.” GC kissed his daughter, then his grand daughter, and shook the hand of his “son-in-law”. “We will always be calling you dad to check if you are fine here. Take care too for you are now living alone in a foreign land” CT reminded him. “Aisshh!! My daughter, ever the worrier! Don’t you know I am a grown man and can take care of myself? Go on, you might miss your train ride.” GC enthusiastically replied…

On the train going back to South Korea, DK was beaming with pride. So different now from the dark and gloomy face he had earlier. He couldn’t help but constantly look at CT then JM and give out a very wide grin. Some of the other passengers were starting to quizzically look at him, wondering what could be happening to this grown up man that he was smiling and grinning so mischievously. CT just shook her head in wonder at how her “husband” was behaving. But a sudden thought crossed her mind that put a frown on her face and a pout on her lips…

“What is it darling? You suddenly look so serious, even upset, what’s bothering you?” DK asked her. “Oh, I just remembered that we are now a complete family: you , me & baby JM but we haven’t really gotten married yet so we’re still not “officially” a couple, hence, not yet “officially” a family…” He interrupted her: “Well then, worry not my dear for as soon as we get back to Korea, we shall arrange our wedding and coincide it with the baptism of our baby girl!! Sounds good to you??” DK asked her teasingly...

“Oh my sweet DK, you really have the answer and the solution for everything, do you? That’s why you’re such an efficient manager! Simply the best!...Oh but one more thing, where shall our family live? At your apartment or at our house?” she inquired again.

To this question he quickly replied: “Neither my love.”
    “Huh!” CT was puzzled again. “So where do you plan to take your “wife and daughter then??”

“There is a newly-developed subdivision I‘ve just discovered recently and it is there where I plan to take you and JM to be our new abode. It has a safe and beautiful environment, very friendly neighborhood and complete with all the amenities and facilities a modern family needs!

“Oh really DK, there is such a place in Korea? What is that place called?” CT was so curious to know. “It’s called AAE DREAMLAND my darling, and it is where our family will take root and where our love will be nurtured and where our family will be happy and where little JM and more little angels in our family will grow and play and enjoy…” DK proudly narrated.

CT pinched DK’s side and said: “Aiyo!! Why are you thinking of adding more little JMs at once when we haven’t even settled down yet. Let’s enjoy our first bundle of joy here first before we start on planning to add more little ones, okay?” DK just winked at her and said: “Sure sweetheart, --- that is if you can keep me away from you! Hahaha!” And with that remark, laughter filled their mouths and hearts…as they rode the train back to Korea…towards their new found “heaven” at home --- in AAE DREAMLAND.

~ ~ ~ End of “FLASHBACK” Chapter ~ ~ ~

>> Written by: I.L.K. (PH) or “iluvkoreanovela” ; September 23, 2005

* Cast of Characters:
    JDK – Jung Daum Kun
    JCT – Jung Chae Tin
    JLK – Jung Lo Khim (JDK’s father)
    WB – William Byun Bettany (JDK’s colleague from London)

Chapter 2: “A New Beginning at AAE Dreamland”

Two months have passed since the “Jung Family” returned to South Korea aboard that train from Japan… Upon arriving at Seoul, the family first settled at DK’s apartment since the construction of their future house in AAE Dreamland subdivision has not been fully completed yet. It was easier for them to settle in at DK’s place because it was more accessible and easier for him to go to and from the office --- which is what he usually does during lunch breaks --- in order to see baby Jien Mae and to assist CT in attending to the needs of their baby girl.
    CT was also very concerned and getting disturbed about the rumors spreading around that she and DK were living together but were not yet officially married. Hence, to ease her worries and relieve her from further anxiety, the couple decided to hold a simple wedding ceremony on the first week-end after they got back from Japan. It was held on the chapel within the AAE Dreamland community, for even though their house was not yet finished, the chapel and clubhouse have already been built, thus it was the fitting place to celebrate their wedding --- since this community will be the venue of the new beginning of their life together as a family.

Only a handful of relatives and a chosen few of very close friends were present at the ceremony since it was a very intimate occasion for them. Of course, both of their fathers were there, Mr. Jung Lo Khim (JLK), JDK’s father who is the CEO of MBC; and Mr. Park Gu Chen, CT’s dad. PGC flew in from Japan over the week-end just to attend the wedding. The maid of honor was of course CT’s best friend and DK’s cousin JMR and the best man was one of DK’s colleagues from London who became his close friend while he stayed there for several months.

His name is William B. Bettany (WB), who is half British and half Korean (on his mother’s side). He was born and raised in London, so he was very excited to come home to his mother’s homeland for the first time and delighted too because he was to attend this joyous occasion. His features are a handsome mix of his European and Asian roots, and he is also quite tall, almost as tall as DK. WB was the one who took over DK’s position in MBC’s London office when the latter returned to Korea.
    The wedding was held just after sunrise so everybody could feel the warmth of the morning sunshine. CT was glowing in her simple white lace gown while DK was dashing and debonair as ever in a gray suit with matching silver gray neck tie. Everybody present could feel the love between the two and everybody smiled when they saw little JM placed in a special crib made just for her, adorned with white lace & ecru satin cloth as well. She was placed in the front row of the church near the altar in order to “witness” too the union of her beloved parents.

Breakfast was served soon after at the clubhouse just beside the chapel and amidst all of the merriment, every one could see DK doting on his wife and daughter. Never tiring of hugging them, kissing them, and telling everybody present how much he loved his beautiful wife and precious daughter. He said his life is now fulfilled and his happiness and joy complete because of the presence of these two “angels” in his life --- CT & JM.

It was now the month of December and the “Jung Family” had just moved in to their new abode in AAE Dreamland. The color of their home was similar to the hues used in their wedding. Shades of ecru or beige were on the walls to make the rooms look spacious and cool, while touches of gray were present in the cornices of the house as well as in the baseboards and doors. This color served as a mild contrast to the ecru / beige background. They have always preferred a subdued-colored living space in order to reflect a feeling of calmness and serenity. There were also huge windows in their home in order for them to see the picturesque view of the surroundings and to allow the sunshine to filter into the rooms.
    But the only room that was allowed to be colorful was baby JM’s nursery. This bedroom was a different story altogether --- with the walls painted bright yellow to reflect light and imitate the sunlight. As a contrast again to this bright color, touches of lavender could be seen in the window sills and cabinets and drawers and even her crib. This is because lavender is one of the favorite colors of her mommy CT. Daddy DK was so delighted to be living at last in their wonderful new home that he volunteered to cook his specialty: Korean Beef Stew with steamed white rice. The meal was accompanied by red wine and the happy couple made a toast and clinked their glasses together to celebrate and commemorate this momentous day.

One week after settling down at home, DK and CT decided that it was time to celebrate JM’s christening since she was already two months old at that time. They decided to make a double celebration thus they planned to hold JM’s baptism on Christmas Day. This was another opportunity again for close friends and family to get together in a happy occasion.

CT looked so elegant in a little black dress, accentuating her already slim figure even though she had just given birth two months ago. DK looked so handsome in a black pinstriped suit which he specifically chose to wear to match the color of his wife’s dress. Little JM was so cute and cuddly in a white baby dress adorned with little lavender flowerettes on the sleeves and hemline, and with a matching white bonnet with lavender satin ribbon.
    Incidentally, JM’s godparents are the special friends of her parents, namely: MR and WB. DK and CT were even joking and thinking of pairing up WB with MR since they were always meeting each other in these family celebrations and practically always ended up as “partners”. First in the wedding where they were both sponsors, then now on JM’s christening were they are again “partners” as godparents. Some relatives and friends were even starting to tease them but they just both smiled and shrugged their shoulders, taking those playful remarks with “a grain of salt”. CT was smiling again from ear to ear upon witnessing all these while DK winked at his cousin and patted the back of his friend WB, eliciting more laughter and cheers from the crowd.

It was indeed a very long and tiring day for the “Jung Family”, and as they tucked baby JM off to sleep, they slowly and silently crept out of the nursery and proceeded to their bedroom adjacent to the baby’s room. CT gave a huge sigh of relief as the double celebration of Christmas cum Christening was indeed a success because everybody arrived and left the place with warm smiles on their faces. CT was already starting to open the gifts given to baby JM when DK stopped her and told her that it could wait till the next morning. He gently held her hand and whispered: “but there is one thing that just could not wait.”

DK playfully leaned close to CT and said: “I haven’t given you your Christmas gift yet.” After saying this, he swiftly moved behind her and placed a pearl necklace on her slender neck. He was hiding this gift in his pocket the whole time and was just waiting for the right moment when they would be alone so he could give the surprise present to her. CT blushed as she saw how exquisite the pearl necklace was and she was so delighted because it was her birthstone too.

“Oh DK, thank you very much, it’s so beautiful!” she exclaimed. “You’re welcome my dear, but this necklace is not nearly as beautiful as you”, he said. “Oh you flatter me too much --- but I’m quite embarrassed because I was so busy and pre-occupied in preparing for JM’s Christening and the Christmas gathering that I was not able to buy a specific gift for you. Oh my goodness, how can I make it up to you?,” she said, almost exasperated.

“Simple, my dear” he answered. CT frowned for a moment but then she understood soon enough when DK started to kiss her lips so tenderly, feeling the warmth of his breath on her face. “Now do you understand the ‘special Christmas gift’ I’m asking for from you?” he teasingly asked her. “Of course my love and I shall gladly oblige to give you that ‘special gift’ which you most certainly deserve!” she smilingly retorted back to him.

The loving couple once again celebrated their deep love for each other and as the winter breeze began to blow on this yuletide season, their room was now being filled with the warmth of the love they so passionately shared.

With sweet little JM sleeping soundly in her crib, and DK and CT igniting their passion once again in the warmth of each other’s sweet embrace, this was indeed the best way to celebrate and remember their first Christmas at their new home --- in AAE Dreamland.

~ ~ End of Chapter 2 ~ ~

>> Written by: I.L.K. (PH) or “iluvkoreanovela” ; December 3, 2005

* Cast of Characters:
    JDK – Jung Daum Kun
    JCT – Jung Chae Tin
    JLK – Jung Lo Khim (JDK’s father)
    WB – William Byun Bettany (JDK’s colleague from London)

Chapter 3: (Concluding Chapter) “A season of celebrations”

Five years have passed since the Jung family settled into their beautiful home at “AAE Dreamland.” Little JM was now five years old and have been attending Kindergarten classes at a nearby pre-school also within their subdivision. She has been growing taller and smarter and more inquisitive day by day. She never ran out of questions to ask her mom CT or her dad DK. The loving couple was very fond of their daughter, sometimes bordering on being “over-protective” since she’s an only child.

One night, while the family was relaxing in their library or study room, daddy DK was reading the business section of the newspaper, while mommy CT had the entertainment and lifestyle portion. Little JM was also reading with them, but instead of a newspaper, she was reading her favorite book of Hans Christian Andersen fairy tales. Suddenly, CT exclaimed when she read something in the section of the newspaper she was holding.

“What is it CT? Why are you suddenly acting so surprised? What are you reading by the way?” DK inquired. “Hah! And I thought we were the best of friends! How could she keep this from me? Lah, that cousin of yours is really full of surprises.” CT replied. “Who are you referring to? You mean MR? Why, what did you read about her that suddenly made you feel upset?” DK countered. “No, it’s not that I’m upset. It’s just that I expected that I would be the first one to know when she finally decided to get married.” CT said.

Now it was DK’s turn to get all excited! “What, what did you say? MR is getting married? Why that scheming cousin of mine, how could she keep this from me? I’m her cousin for crying out loud! When did she learn to be so secretive? Aha! Now I know… she developed this trait from you? Remember when you both agreed to keep something from me, not telling me that I was going to be a father soon. Well you both did a really good job of hiding the truth from me, so now I’m not surprised that she did it again!” DK said, with a half-teasing tone in his voice that made CT frown.

“Are we going to unearth those ‘dry bones’ once again and go back and dig up the past once more about that? How many times should I have to say I’m sorry? You always have to remind me about it all the time, huuuh…” CT sounded exasperated so DK embraced her and said: “You know I just always love to tease you about it, but deep inside I’m no longer upset about it.” Then he gave her a kiss on the forehead as he smoothed out her hair down to her shoulders and caressed her back slightly.

“Hmmp! The next time you mention it and tease me about it again, I shall not talk to you for one whole week!” CT demanded. “Well, that’s not a problem for me since we can just use the ‘language of love’ or body language. Don’t they say that: “actions speak louder than words?” DK gave his wife a playful wink after completing that sentence.

“Oh you… I can never win with you, can I?” CT replied while pouting her beautiful heart-shaped lips. “Do you still need to ask me that my love? We’ve been married for five years, surely you know the answer to that!” and with that, DK started to kiss CT so sweetly and tenderly to wipe away that pout from her lips. They were oblivious to the fact that their daughter had already fallen asleep on the couch while reading her book of fairy tale stories.

JMR, DK’s cousin was indeed set to be wed before the year ends. Ever since she met WB, DK’s colleague from London, five years ago, they started to have constant communication and correspondence between South Korea and London. They first met at DK and CT’s wedding and the next occasion was the Christening of baby JM where they were both godparents. They were being teased by the relatives and friends that day but at first they both shrugged it off. But soon enough they realized that they were starting to care for each other. WB started to make frequent long distance calls to MR, supposedly just to ask about DK and CT and their godchild JM. But later on, their conversations turned into more personal discussions about their lives, hopes and dreams.

In turned out that WB had been meaning to return to South Korea, his mother’s homeland and settle there for good. He just did not have enough reason or drive to make the change of location or residence. But when he met MR, he suddenly felt the urge to always go back to Korea and he was always so eager to go on business trips to Seoul, just so he can have the chance to see MR. He would visit her at the Maxim coffee shop that she owned and managed, and they would sit and talk for hours while sipping hot coffee. They never seem to run out of things to talk about. Their friendship blossomed into a full blown romance and before they knew it, they were both actually in love with each other.

They were both shy at first to reveal their relationship to their relatives and friends for they would be the object of teasing for sure. But soon enough, DK and CT found out about it because even some of the employees of the coffee shop were telling CT that Mr. WB was a constant visitor and would always wait for MR to finish her work until closing time. So one day, DK and CT planned to surprise the new couple by telling one of the employees to call them in case WB comes to the coffee shop. The employee did just that so Mr. & Mrs. Jung hurriedly went there and pretended to be surprised to see WB. But their mischievous smiles gave them away, and soon, all four of them were laughing about it and finally MR & WB revealed that they were indeed already a couple.

After a few months, WB finally decided to be transferred to the South Korea office permanently for he wanted to spend more time with his fiancé MR. Plus the fact that the long distance call bills were starting to add up. They deemed it best to use the money that they will be saving (by getting rid of those long distance charges) in planning for their wedding.

They planned to be wed on December, Christmas time once again for this has always been a very memorable season for them. It was during that Christmas Day five years ago at JM’s christening that they first really noticed and considered each other as possible life-time partners. It would just be fitting that five years after, they would decide to hold their wedding on the same day and on the same venue, at the AAE Dreamland chapel. They were formerly the best man and maid of honor, but now, they shall be the couple to be wed. A similar set of family and close friends will be witnesses again to another joyous occasion. They haven’t made any formal announcements and they decided to give them a bit of a surprise by announcing their engagement and impending marriage on the lifestyle section of the newspaper. Hence, that is why CT and DK were both quite stunned by the news. They were both bewildered that they had to find out about it from the paper, rather than from the “horse’s mouth” so to speak.

Their precious godchild JM would be the flower girl, it was DK’s turn to be the best man, and CT of course would be the matron-of-honor. Mr. Jung Lo Khim, DK’s father would be one of the principal sponsors, as well as CT’s dad Mr. Park Gu Chen. MR has grown close to Mr. Park and considers him as a true uncle ever since she and CT became the best of friends.

The day of the Bettany-Jung nuptials came, it was already Christmas day, and naturally everyone was in a very festive mood. The pews of the chapel were adorned with red poinsettia flowers to go with the theme of red color motif, as well as with the Christmas occasion. JM looked so cute in her deep red velvet dress and a red satin ribbon on her hair. CT and DK looked elegant as well in matching beige and brown outfits. A brown suit for DK with a beige tie and a red rose bud as “boutonničre” on his coat’s lapel. CT wore a beige floor length strapless gown with a red velvet shawl draped over her delicate shoulders.

When the wedding march song “here comes the bride” started, all the guests stood up and watched as the bride-to-be walked toward the altar to meet her handsome groom. DK and CT were both so happy as well because they were instrumental in the meeting of these two special people in their lives. They are their best friends, who are now about to become husband and wife just like them. Everybody cheered as the couple kissed at the end of the ceremony. But this time, they did not mind the teasing and they relished in the thought that everybody was rejoicing with them. They lingered in the first kiss they shared now as Mr. & Mrs. William Byun & Mei Ri Bettany.

After all the festivities, the guests started to leave one by one until the only people left were DK, CT & JM and WB & MR. “Well, well, Congratulations again and Best wishes, and welcome to the club!” DK told the new couple. “So, when will JM have a cousin and playmate?” DK asked them teasingly. “We will work on it as soon as we can!” exclaimed WB as MR just blushed and laughed at her husband’s enthusiastic reply. “By the way, welcome to the community as well” DK said. For the new couple has also decided to purchase a house and lot in “AAE Dreamland” subdivision as they saw for themselves how wonderful and almost ‘magical’ this place could be. “So now, we are not only best friends and relatives but also neighbors.” CT chimed in on their conversation.

Soon after, the Jung family were waving goodbye to WB & MR as they were now on their way to their honeymoon. It will be a Caribbean Cruise Package which was a gift to them by their godparent and uncle Mr. Jung Lo Khim. As DK, CT and JM rode their car and drove back to their abode, JM was already fast asleep, exhausted with all the activities and festivities of the day. DK carried JM to her bedroom, kissed her goodnight, and then the couple proceeded to their own bedroom.

“DK, would you believe that this is our fifth Christmas together here in this home? Time goes by so fast, doesn’t it?” CT asked her husband while she was starting to remove her make-up and jewelry. “Yes my dear, I must admit that’s true. It seems like a moment ago, JM was just a little baby, but now, she is already in pre-school, learning new things everyday, and becoming more and more talkative by the minute!” DK replied to his wife as he himself just came from the bathroom already wearing his pajamas after taking a warm bath. It was then CT’s turn to go to bathroom to take her bath and change into her nightgown. But before she went back in, she pulled out a small box from her dresser drawer and hid it behind her.

As she went in, DK looked up and smiled as he saw her wife glowing, looking and smelling as fresh as a baby. He then noticed that she was hiding her hand behind her back so he became very curious. “What is that you have behind your back my dear?” DK asked. “Oh, just my gift for you this Christmas… Remember during our first Christmas together here? When you gave me that exquisite pearl necklace while I on the other hand forgot to give you a present? Well this time I did not forget to wrap something up for you.” CT replied while smiling from ear to ear.

“Oh, that Christmas… If I remember correctly, I did receive a present that year, and a very special and personalized one at that. Maybe it’s you who have forgotten my darling?!” DK smiled as he gave that reply. “Oh you… there you go again, teasing me. That’s what you always like to do.” CT said with a slight frown and big pout. “Yes, I love to tease you so much because I always enjoy seeing you blush. Plus that child-like pout of yours. Now I know where JM got her expression of pouting and frowning. She learned it from the expert coz she got it from you!” DK was already laughing upon completing that statement.

“Well if you continue with your teasing, I shall refuse to give you your present.” CT warned DK half-mockingly. “Okay, okay, I give up… peace, truce… Now come over here and sit beside me my dear wife and I shall now behave like a cute puppy dog so I can already get my gift.” DK said with his most radiant smile. “Well then, since you have promised to behave, here is your special gift.” CT sat beside him on the bed and handed over the small box.

DK quickly opened it and he was a bit puzzled when he saw what was inside. “Are you sure this is for me? Maybe you wrapped the wrong gift and you were supposed to give this to somebody else.” DK asked. “Don’t be silly” said CT. “That gift is really intended for you. Don’t you recognize it?”

“Of course I recognize it. This is a pair of JM’s mittens which she used when she was just a baby. But why are you giving me these when I am not a baby but a grown up man and would never have use for such a small…” DK stopped mid-sentence and his eyes grew wide open. “Wait, what are you telling me CT? That we will be using these little mittens again soon? That there would again be little hands that would fit into these cute little mittens… These little mittens that JM used before?” DK was suddenly becoming too excited that he started to mumble and kept on repeating the words “little mittens.”

CT just laughed in amazement as she watched the excitement in her husband’s face. All she managed to do was to smile and nod, and then she said: “Remember a few days ago when we were talking at the study room and you were grumbling about how I didn’t tell you before that you were about to become a father. Well I don’t want to create the same mistake and never hear the end of it again from you. So, Mr. Jung, I’m telling you now: Yes! You shall be a father again soon. Congratulations, daddy DK.” CT said smilingly but with tears of joy rolling down her cheeks.

“Oh CT, you’ve made me a very happy man. And I’m so glad that this time, I got the information and announcement from you first-hand. I love you CT and thank you for this very special Christmas gift that you have once again given me.” DK hugged his wife so tightly then started to kiss her tear-stained cheeks followed by those beautiful heart shaped lips that were no longer pouting. Instead, those lips were now uttering the words “I love you too DK “as she closed her eyes to savor her husband’s kiss… in their home filled with love and warmth --- at AAE Dreamland.

*THE END*

{An Original Story written by:I.L.K.(PH) or “iluvkoreanovela”; Sept. 1 & 23 and December 3, 2005 /JTT@MMV}
    COPYRIGHT(c)2005 [email protected] ALL RIGHTS RESERVED since 4 August 2005
    Last edited by iluvkoreanov; 01-03-06 at 09:28 AM.