Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Who was worse? Gwok Fu or Ah Zhi?

If i had to be locked up with one of them i would always go for Guo Fu. At the very least she has some rationality and is not sadistic to the extreme. While GF is rash and bratty she does have some conscience and knows when she does wrong even if she is loathe to admit it.

Ah Zhi strikes fear in me, she would torture you just for kicks.

Even if both had be brought up in the same environment i think Ah Zhi will still be pretty evil.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

I maybe the only one in this forum that actually like Kwok Fu sincerely (based on ROCH 85) and actually prefer her more than Kwok Seung. I don't know how true ROCH 1985 is to the novel, but from what I saw in ROCH 1985, KF was not as stupid as what her haters claim her to be. Sure she is not as smart as her mother WY, but I think she is quite witty and smart at times. For example, when she and LMC's follower is captured by the pervert man, she actually managed to trick the old man and saved LMC's follower and herself. For that fact, I think she is quite smart. Her biggest flaw, of course, lies with her bad temper, because temper does prevent someone from thinking properly.

I always like Kwok Fu because I see a lot of resemblance of WY in her (I'm die hard fan of WY). Besides her pretty face, I find her spoilt character quite adorable actually. I mean, YG was not exactly nice to her anyway, especially compared to others that gave her her ways.

And although KF often cause sufferance to others which make a lot of people hate her, I think she did not mean to cause this sufferance. It's just that she hardly step into other people's shoes to think from their point of view. At least, I think she cares for those that treats her well. I'm sure she would want her parents and sister and brother to be happy. She was quite upset of what YG did to her sister, and coupled with other annoying things YG did to her + provocation, she chopped down YG's arms.

YG is not so much difference from KF in his annoyingness. The difference is he was not spoilt because hardly anyone spoilt him.

On the other hand, is Kwok Seung really as smart as people claim her to be? Anyway, ROCH 1985 doesn't give me that impression. I find her always causing troubles, needing helps. And not respecting her elder sister is also nothing to be respected about, even when the sister is not wise, at least should have some respect out of courtesy. Moreover, I find her obssession for YG totally appalling. Well, I'm never a fan of YG and XLN anyway.

And I'm quite glad that KF is with YLZ, he seems like a better son-in-law than YG is.

As for Ah Zhi, this girl is plain evil, I can't even find any cuteness in her (based on DGSD 1996). KF maybe self-centred, but Ah Zhi is selfish to the extent that she torture people that treat her well, including the guy that sacrifice his eyes for her and XF (the man didn't love her but treat her well). She is cruel and laugh at people's misery. That's despicable.

I personally think Ah Zi is no worse or better then Guo Fu, they're both evil in their own way.

Ah Zi is evil out of malice and sadism, her childhood hobbies probably included torture, killing, deceit and various evil acts. She is a product of her upbringing. She lived a tragic life and died a tragic death.

Guo Fu is evil out of pride and conceit. Guo Fu is lucky she was prevented from actually succeeding in many of her evil actions. Otherwise, she would have done much worse then Ah Zi. Such as when she assaulted Lu Wushuang with a sword from behind, such as when she almost killed one of the five beast brothers, such as when Guo Fu left Yang Guo injured, mostly dead after he saved her and Huang Rong's life.

How evil would Guo Fu be if she succeeded in killing one of the five beast brothers? If she succeeded in killing Lu Wushuang?

Pride is a commen feature for a lot of heros, but there is two type of pride.

Yang Guo is proud, he would not back down to anyone. His pride is his life, he would rather die then kowtow, he would rather die then admit wrong what he believed to be right. His pride is one of his upbringing, he had little more then pride. All he had was his life and his pride, they were one and the same as a child. He did not direct his pride maliciously, it was something in place of nothing.

Guo Fu is proud, she would not back down to anyone. Her pride was her appearance to others, her station in life, her pride was her priviledge, her authority. Her pride is also part of her upbringing, a sense of superiority coming from her parents and deferential treatment by others. Her pride once injured could only be healed by vengence, physical punishment and injury to the offending party. Her pride was malicious and vain, a treasure to be protected.
    Last edited by dbx; 04-19-06 at 02:24 PM.
    "I only scold dogs, not people."

YG's pride is all he had.
    GF's proud because she had everything. And use it to get more.

If GF did manage to kill the people you mentioned, we would still blame it on her stupidity. She didn't really torture people like Ah Zi (probably due to her upbringing like you said, maybe she doesn't know the good tricks Ah Zi does).

Originally Posted by Zhuge Liang
    If i had to be locked up with one of them i would always go for Guo Fu. At the very least she has some rationality and is not sadistic to the extreme. While GF is rash and bratty she does have some conscience and knows when she does wrong even if she is loathe to admit it.
    Maybe GF isn't a good person, but she's certainly not an evil. so don't compare her with villain lah.
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Raden Wijaya
    Maybe GF isn't a good person, but she's certainly not an evil. so don't compare her with villain lah.

I don't know how you can consider Ah Zi a villian? Evil, yes. Villian, no.
    She did a number on Madame Ma, that buys her a good image in my book.

Villian is like Murong Fu and the likes.

Guo Fu is evil, she just doesn't know it.
    "I only scold dogs, not people."

ah zhi is pure evil. she knows it. yes she was raised in that environment but it doesn't mean she have to continue practicing them or torturing. what she did to ytz was, in my thoughts, totally unforgivable and because she knew exactly what she was doing. and i too think the only reason she dug out her eye at the ending was because xf said she owed ytz for giving his eyes to her.

EDIT: and if not for ah zhu and his promise to her, i think xf wouldn't care scrap about ah zhi, which would be what she deserved.
    ---------
    Shellie

TommyH
    Unregistered

Kwok Fu might be naughty, not nice, dumb, stupid, etc. but she's certainly not evil!

A Zi is more evil than Guo Fu. Guo Fu is more annoying, brattty, selfish etc.
    while A zi actually knew she wase evil, and like being evil... seriously, she totally tortured You Tan Zhi... GF with the Wu brothers was nowhere near as bad... it was more of a 'do this for me' thing

if i had to be stuck with one of them, it would definitely be Guo Fu

Ah Zhi has a good heart underneath, but her upbringing was evil, so she acted evil/immature. Qiao Feng can make her better if he loved her more like how he loved Ah Zhu, I think. But him not love Ah Zhi more, continually made Ah Zhi bad. She seem to only care about Qiao Feng love her. She truly loves Qiao Feng, but it wasn't reciprocated.

So, I do not think she is pure evil. I think she is like that because she can't have love that she wants.

The theme is very big in 天龙八部, or Jin Yong novels many female characters are like that, Kang Min and Li Mochou included.
    Which is, "If I can't have Love, I am going to be evil"

Human nature is very complex. I am sure if I didn't have good unbringing myself, I might end up evil too, if no one else care and love for me. All I know is what I was taught when I grew up (evil stuff).

Pure evil, on the other hand, I believe it wouldn't be affected at all by love.

In another words, I believe that people considered 'pure evil' can NOT change. However, with Ah Zhi I strongly believe she could change if Qiao Feng loved her!

The very fact that she even LOOKS UP to Qiao Feng as a hero/lover, means that she is not that evil. Because QF stands for the BEST of good! Why would truly evil people fall in love with good people?

A beautiful girl like her can basically have any men, but she chooses a very GOOD person! So. I am convinced she is not pure evil!

If Qiao Feng loved Kang Min, would she have been evil?
    If Lu Zhanyuan loved Li Mochou, would she have been evil?

I think not.
    Last edited by Don Yu; 09-04-16 at 06:33 AM.