Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: ** My Girl **

Popularity: SHK but who cares ! I mean LDH will rise if she keeps up with her work .

Sense of humor
    : 100% LDH because if you look at her interviews she always makes you smile along with her no matter what and the way she laughs makes me laugh for no reason even though I don't understand korean. Watch SHK in her interviews and she would be stiff like a stone or maybe a few smile that wouldn't look as bright as LDH's IMO.

Age: LDH is about 3 years younger than SHK and she just made a big hit. I bet she still has plenty of time to catch up .

I'm sorry if you think I'm comparing them which I am but I'm not saying that LDH is better than SHK. I'm just trying to state out my opinion but people seem to say you don't know anything about SHK.

And please don't jump on me . Why should I hate SHK? She's just an actress
    Last edited by Sunlight_zero36; 07-18-06 at 10:39 PM.
    - currently watching: Fashion King, Rooftop Prince, Love Rain, and Equator Man-
    - recent favorite drama: The Princess's Man
    -

Well, I think it's because of the sequence of the drama I saw recently. I finished Goong before I start My Girl. I am crazy for Goong and I love it, but I start My Girl two weeks after I finished Goong, so, I think it's because I start it too early. I should have waited longer for letting the Goong after-taste fade away.

Well, both LDH and SHK are not my cup of tea, but if I have to pick one between them. I will pick SHK, not because of her look, but because of her acting skill. It might be unfair to LDH that SHK has been in the arena for so long, but LDH's just overdone on many of the expression that she really put me off.

I am still stuck in ep. 5 and I haven't resumed it since Sunday.....

Quote Originally Posted by emma_c
    Well, I think it's because of the sequence of the drama I saw recently. I finished Goong before I start My Girl. I am crazy for Goong and I love it, but I start My Girl two weeks after I finished Goong, so, I think it's because I start it too early. I should have waited longer for letting the Goong after-taste fade away.

Well, both LDH and SHK are not my cup of tea, but if I have to pick one between them. I will pick SHK, not because of her look, but because of her acting skill. It might be unfair to LDH that SHK has been in the arena for so long, but LDH's just overdone on many of the expression that she really put me off.

I beg to differ. I find SHK rather superficial in her expressions, as I don't feel anything when she cries, and never laughs with her when she laughed. No offense, but the reason why I was enjoying Full House is almost wholly because of Rain.

On the other hand, although Lee Da Hae does some exaggerations on some scenes, I think those exaggerations are natural however. It does fit into the character of YR to exaggerate sometimes. I do distinguish between natural exaggeration (LDH in My Girl) and unnatural exaggeration (Myolie in My Sassy mother-in-law). It's YR's personality that sometimes likes to exaggerate eg. compensation for mental shock, and her precious bag, That's why sometimes GC sneared but laugh about it at the same time. We do exaggerate some stuff in real life too, and those are just the moments. She cracks me up most of the time, and her crying skill definitely wrenches my heart. I don't know, maybe you are still early in the series, that's why it maybe too early to make judgment, but you are entitled to your own opinion. Another thing I like about Lee Da Hae is that she can carry the part of "professionalism" in the career the character she is playing is in. I can see her as being very professional in being good tour guide and swindler (My Girl), office lady who works hard despite not talented (Green Rose), and lawyer (Sweet 18). With SHK though, I cannot say the same. It's fine that Han Ji Eun seems like a talentless writer who ends up writing her own life rather than a creative story. However, both in All In and Autumn Tale, she looks like she never pays attention to her work and she looks blank most of the time when she is working. Especially All In, I thought that's very inappropriate because her character is supposed to do well on her job, she just doesn't convince me.

Sorry to post this long, but sometimes I get annoyed (though I know other people are entitled to their opinion) that they assume LDH to copy SHK or that YR and HJE are similar because I think that's definitely untrue. LDH has more variety of expressions in My Girl than SHK in Full House. How can you copy something which is not there at the first place? About the characters' similarities, it also kind of pisses me off because I love YR as she is smart, witty and strong while I kind of dislike HJE (whether it is the character or SHK's interpretation). YR knows how to not let other people bully her while this is definitely not the case with HJE. Aside from being cute and can make people around them happy, they have almost no similarities. YR is good in being tour guide, HJE was not a good writer and I don't think she was also at the end of the series because she is just writing what she has seen and not "creating" it herself. I even wonder whether she can write another story after that. YR will never let herself be bullied by GC and actually does bully GC sometimes (which reminds me of my all time favourite heroin Wong Yung/Huang Rong) but HJE usually can only cry when she gets bullied by Young Jae. YR is hardworking and clean (she cleans GC's Jeju Villa without being asked to do so), HJE complained and complained for having to clean the house even though it's her house and her house-to-be and house that has special meaning to her. YR never leads JW on, HJE leads the character that's played by Kim Sung Soo on until one point in time. There are still many more differences, but I'm going to spare you guys from me turning this into another YR vs HJE thread.
    Last edited by Akazukin; 07-19-06 at 05:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akazukin
    On the other hand, although Lee Da Hae does some exaggerations on some scenes, I think those exaggerations are natural however. It does fit into the character of YR to exaggerate sometimes. I do distinguish between natural exaggeration (LDH in My Girl) and unnatural exaggeration (Myolie in My Sassy mother-in-law). It's YR's personality that sometimes likes to exaggerate eg. compensation for mental shock, and her precious bag, That's why sometimes GC sneared but laugh about it at the same time. We do exaggerate some stuff in real life too, and those are just the moments. She cracks me up most of the time, and her crying skill definitely wrenches my heart. I don't know, maybe you are still early in the series, that's why it maybe too early to make judgment, but you are entitled to your own opinion. Another thing I like about Lee Da Hae is that she can carry the part of "professionalism" in the career the character she is playing is in. I can see her as being very professional in being good tour guide and swindler (My Girl), office lady who works hard despite not talented (Green Rose), and lawyer (Sweet 18). With SHK though, I cannot say the same. It's fine that Han Ji Eun seems like a talentless writer who ends up writing her own life rather than a creative story. However, both in All In and Autumn Tale, she looks like she never pays attention to her work and she looks blank most of the time when she is working. Especially All In, I thought that's very inappropriate because her character is supposed to do well on her job, she just doesn't convince me.

Sorry to post this long, but sometimes I get annoyed (though I know other people are entitled to their opinion) that they assume LDH to copy SHK or that YR and HJE are similar because I think that's definitely untrue. LDH has more variety of expressions in My Girl than SHK in Full House. How can you copy something which is not there at the first place? About the characters' similarities, it also kind of pisses me off because I love YR as she is smart, witty and strong while I kind of dislike HJE (whether it is the character or SHK's interpretation). YR knows how to not let other people bully her while this is definitely not the case with HJE. Aside from being cute and can make people around them happy, they have almost no similarities. YR is good in being tour guide, HJE was not a good writer and I don't think she was also at the end of the series because she is just writing what she has seen and not "creating" it herself. I even wonder whether she can write another story after that. YR will never let herself be bullied by GC and actually does bully GC sometimes (which reminds me of my all time favourite heroin Wong Yung/Huang Rong) but HJE usually can only cry when she gets bullied by Young Jae. YR is hardworking and clean (she cleans GC's Jeju Villa without being asked to do so), HJE complained and complained for having to clean the house even though it's her house and her house-to-be and house that has special meaning to her. YR never leads JW on, HJE leads the character that's played by Kim Sung Soo on until one point in time. There are still many more differences, but I'm going to spare you guys from me turning this into another YR vs HJE thread.
    I totally agree with you. No problem if you keep go on with this conversation .
    -

Emma, continues watching....you will end up liking it. This is a cute series. In my opinion, this series is better than GOONG.
    ****Love, Live, and watch Asian Series****

>I will try to finish it.

Well, seems like people in this thread are LDH's fans. You like her, you have your own reasons. I don't like her, I have my own reasons too. Anyway, as I said, I am not really into SHK either (you can tell from the begining that I didn't even know how to spell her name correctly), nor Full House cuz I am not a fan of Rain and I don't like that series at all as it always focuses on silly empty and repetitive fights and house cleaning scenes. If anyone read what I wrote, you can tell I didn't lie about it.

Unlike people go for the star, I watch K-drama because of the story and the acting which excel anything similar in Asia. The discussion was started about the story itself, which was not appealing to me, and the acting was not good, not only talking about LDH. However, seems like it gets to her fans' nerve when I compared her to SHK. I can't compare LDH with anyone else except SHK beucase of LDH's intentional imitation, and I agree with some of you that SHK is not good either, so LDH to me is no superior than this not so appealing level, even some of you think she is better than SHK, if she really is.

Anyway, I will stop discussing about these two actresses as they aren't worth too many words.

I would be more interested in Lee Jun Ki. I've seen him in King and the Clown. His acting is, what I would call good, that he can express the softness and feminine in K&C, and show the musculinity and rebelious in My Girl.
    Last edited by emma_c; 07-20-06 at 12:43 AM.

>I will try to finish it.

Well, seems like people in this thread are LDH's fans. You like her, you have your own reasons. I don't like her, I have my own reasons too. Anyway, as I said, I am not really into SHK either (you can tell from the begining that I didn't even know how to spell her name correctly), nor Full House cuz I am not a fan of Rain and I don't like that series at all as it always focuses on silly empty and repetitive fights and house cleaning scenes. If anyone read what I wrote, you can tell I didn't lie about it.

Unlike people go for the star, I watch K-drama because of the story and the acting which excel anything similar in Asia. The discussion was started about the story itself, which was not appealing to me, and the acting was not good, not only talking about LDH. However, seems like it gets to her fans' nerve when I compared her to SHK. I can't compare LDH with anyone else except SHK beucase of LDH's intentional imitation, and I agree with some of you that SHK is not good either, so LDH to me is no superior than this not so appealing level, even some of you think she is better than SHK, if she really is.

Anyway, I will stop discussing about these two actresses as they aren't worth too many words.

I would be more interested in Lee Jun Ki. I've seen him in King and the Clown. His acting is, what I would call good, that he can express the softness and feminine in K&C, and show the musculinity and rebelious in My Girl.
    I'm not trying to change your mind. It's fine that you have your own opinion and didn't like My Girl. I just want to point out that I had also never been a korean drama fans. I used to watch more TVB series because I have thought it was less draggy. Therefore when I watched My Girl, I had no idea who LDH, LDW and LJK were. By that, I think how I was captured by LDH's performance is unbiased. I watched Full House before My Girl. I had always been neutral towards SHK, so I don't think I am biased either. I also rooted for Young Jae to be with HJE.

However, I think you cannot say that LDH "intentionally imitated" SHK. How do you know what LDH's intention is? Did she personally say it to you? You cannot use "intentionally". If you think she imitated SHK, I cannot see how you think so, as I have said LDH has much more variety of expressions and their handling of scenes are different. To me, LDH is much more effective and outstanding. I can think of actress that could do plastic surgery to look like SHK that act as well as HJE in Full House, or even better. However, even if one goes to do plastic surgery to look like LDH, I don't think anyone can ever deliver a performance as JYR as great as LDH's.

I think the story itself, although include romantic comedy cliche plot (funny in beginning, then getting serious then happy ending), includes a lot of amusing moments which is very new. I don't get why you don't get the story (from your previous posts). It's okay but I think it's a pity. SGC has more reasons to hire JYR as his cousin than contract marriage in FH. I don't get what is so hard to get from the story that the serious and hardworking SGC is falling in love with the JYR who often lies but has a heart of gold. They totally look the part. And I don't think LDW can't act either. I think he is perfect as LDW as LDH is perfect as JYR, and they are perfect for each other. We get to see the serious GC, and yet we get to see another side of him whenever the imaginations happened. What's best is that finally the hero and heroin actually work hard for their relationship and not like some other dramas that the heroes and heroins keep screwing up their own relationship although there is hardly any hard obstacles between them because they don't want to admit their feelings.

I think the whole plot is appealing, so it's quite a pity that you don't find it so. However, there is always a minority that doesn't like a HIT drama, so it's okay.

I haven't watched Goong yet, so can't comment on it and due to the review that it's draggy, I'm putting it on hold because I'm very scared of draggy series. Moreover, I can't get over My Girl so I have fear that I will keep comparing it to My Girl if I have watched now.
    Last edited by Akazukin; 07-20-06 at 01:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akazukin
    I'm not trying to change your mind. It's fine that you have your own opinion and didn't like My Girl. I just want to point out that I had also never been a korean drama fans. I used to watch more TVB series because I have thought it was less draggy. Therefore when I watched My Girl, I had no idea who LDH, LDW and LJK were. By that, I think how I was captured by LDH's performance is unbiased. I watched Full House before My Girl. I had always been neutral towards SHK, so I don't think I am biased either. I also rooted for Young Jae to be with HJE.

However, I think you cannot say that LDH "intentionally imitated" SHK. How do you know what LDH's intention is? Did she personally say it to you? You cannot use "intentionally". If you think she imitated SHK, I cannot see how you think so, as I have said LDH has much more variety of expressions and their handling of scenes are different. To me, LDH is much more effective and outstanding. I can think of actress that could do plastic surgery to look like SHK that act as well as HJE in Full House, or even better. However, even if one goes to do plastic surgery to look like LDH, I don't think anyone can ever deliver a performance as JYR as great as LDH's.

I think the story itself, although include romantic comedy cliche plot (funny in beginning, then getting serious then happy ending), includes a lot of amusing moments which is very new. I don't get why you don't get the story (from your previous posts). It's okay but I think it's a pity. SGC has more reasons to hire JYR as his cousin than contract marriage in FH. I don't get what is so hard to get from the story that the serious and hardworking SGC is falling in love with the JYR who often lies but has a heart of gold. They totally look the part. And I don't think LDW can't act either. I think he is perfect as LDW as LDH is perfect as JYR, and they are perfect for each other. We get to see the serious GC, and yet we get to see another side of him whenever the imaginations happened. What's best is that finally the hero and heroin actually work hard for their relationship and not like some other dramas that the heroes and heroins keep screwing up their own relationship although there is hardly any hard obstacles between them because they don't want to admit their feelings.

I think the whole plot is appealing, so it's quite a pity that you don't find it so. However, there is always a minority that doesn't like a HIT drama, so it's okay.

I haven't watched Goong yet, so can't comment on it and due to the review that it's draggy, I'm putting it on hold because I'm very scared of draggy series. Moreover, I can't get over My Girl so I have fear that I will keep comparing it to My Girl if I have watched now.

I watched both. I start off with My Girl than Goong.

I love Goong more because of the cast , the bear, the OST and the background and also their costumes too.

My Girl is funny and the OST is very nice too but I only like the LDH and Lee Jun Ki, don't feel much impact on me but Goong does. The reasons why ppl said is draggy bec I think they always want to see the couples or their friends relationship rather than the talking between the royal family members.

I don't find it draggy, you have to see it yourself. I think some ppl really have not come across those really slow and draggy, just like old drama :

Barefoot Youth - by Bae Yong Joon, I stop at disc 8
    Ireland - by Hyung Bin

To me, "Goong" is my currently favourite drama, hope to see the bear display
    at Teddy Bear Museum at Jeju Island and the filiming site soon.

Most of my friends like "Goong" too and we bought the OST and the Bigoong mama doll too.

just finished watching this show, what a surprise ending it has. the real granddaughter is chun-hyang from "sassy girl chun-hyang"! LOL....

i just want to point out one thing........not everyone is gonna like the same thing...otherwise we would all like the same person ...........

i do agree that at some point the acting were exaggerated.....bc her character is kinda childesh........
    but as lee da hae had said that outside her personality is like that ....so it's more of her personality than acting.......i remember watching the clips of the trailer..she keeps laughing at everthing.......lol

Goong was good..i like it too..but honestly "eun hye' is a newbie........her acting were are still needs improvement...besides from the pretty clothes and the sceneries...the comedy was ok..it didn't really made me laugh..the drag to 24 episodes was unessary ...it was alrite...YUL was my favorite...........he's so hot..

Well I guess everyone has a different mind. But on the scale if you were to ccompare My Girl, Full House and Goong.

The list says it in this order: My Girl, Goong and than Full House. All though the list doesn't really matter but taht's the overrall judgement of people .
    -

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007
    ....but as lee da hae had said that outside her personality is like that ....so it's more of her personality than acting.......i remember watching the clips of the trailer..she keeps laughing at everthing.......lol
    Very well said. It is her personality, not her acting. Well, than there is no real acting at all....

Quote Originally Posted by tuoimongmo2007
    ....Goong was good..i like it too..but honestly "eun hye' is a newbie........her acting were are still needs improvement...besides from the pretty clothes and the sceneries...the comedy was ok..it didn't really made me laugh..the drag to 24 episodes was unessary ...it was alrite...YUL was my favorite...........he's so hot..
    Yul-gun is really cute and he is the pretty boy in the drama, but I like Shin-gun more for his character. Joo Ji Hyun is kinda cool, I like him more after seeing Goong 1.5

As you said, all of the leads in Goong are newbies. Although they are a bit stiff, they've done a really good job already. Honestly, Yoon Eun Hye's exaggeration on ChaeGyung's cuteness also put me off but she didn't kill my appetite for the whole show. Unlike LDH, she did kill my appetite for My Girl, which is a bit unfortunate.
    Last edited by emma_c; 07-20-06 at 10:22 PM.

i havent seen all of goong. but i thought lee da hae's exaggeration was what carried the serie so well

Very well said. It is her personality, not her acting. Well, than there is no real acting at all....

Yul-gun is really cute and he is the pretty boy in the drama, but I like Shin-gun more for his character. Joo Ji Hyun is kinda cool, I like him more after seeing Goong 1.5

As you said, all of the leads in Goong are newbies. Although they are a bit stiff, they've done a really good job already. Honestly, Yoon Eun Hye's exaggeration on ChaeGyung's cuteness also put me off but she didn't kill my appetite for the whole show. Unlike LDH, she did kill my appetite for My Girl, which is a bit unfortunate.

I find that YEH acted cuteness is ok because she looks young and sweet
    where as LDH, she looks older and mature so acted cuteness is a bit exaggerated.

I only like "My Girl" because the way LDH lies are funny, other than that nothing much.

Goong is different, it has more, Prince Shin grandmother very cute and funny too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovewinter
    ...Goong is different, it has more, Prince Shin grandmother very cute and funny too.
    Yes, she is so lovely that I want to have a grandmom like her.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this series! Lee Da Hae and Dong Wook have the BEST chemistry ever..well, in terms of kdramas..because I can't rule out Rainie Yang and Mike He!=D But if you loved Full House, you'll definitely love this..it's more upbeat and their kissing scenes are unbelievable..unlike the pathetic lip touching of Bi and Song Hye..no offense. I am soooo addicted to Dong Wook and Jun Ki now!!!

Default Kissing scenes

I see so much kissing and other realities in Hollywood and other Western shows that it is a relief to be able to watch Asian shows where face sucking is minimal. The less the better. I want to use my imagination for a change. Full house definitely falls in my fav catefory. I plan to watch My girl soon, I hope the reality stuff will not be too much.

Quote Originally Posted by bella25
    I see so much kissing and other realities in Hollywood and other Western shows that it is a relief to be able to watch Asian shows where face sucking is minimal. The less the better. I want to use my imagination for a change. Full house definitely falls in my fav catefory. I plan to watch My girl soon, I hope the reality stuff will not be too much.
    No, there isn't too much kissing scenes so you would be fine with it
    -

Talking my girl

hallo... i'm new here!!!

er... i don't think it's quite right to compare LDH and SHK... i think they have quite different genres when it comes to acting...

but i'm definitely a lee da hae fun...
    i don't think she was exaggerating in my girl [what would joo yoo rin be like if ldh didn't have those silly reactions???]

and YES, ldw and ldh have the greatest chemistry in terms of k-dramas [at least, for me... ]

aww...
    there's not much kissing scene in this series... but when you get to them... you'll just [sigh],, feel it...

Quote Originally Posted by vierblith

and YES, ldw and ldh have the greatest chemistry in terms of k-dramas [at least, for me... ]

aww...
    there's not much kissing scene in this series... but when you get to them... you'll just [sigh],, feel it...
    I agree with the kissing thing, about the "less is better...or less is more" because when it finally comes to a kissing scene it has more meaning, at least to me. That's what I like about most Asian dramas. And I agree, LDW and LDH have great on-screen chemistry, you can sense some kind of unseen spark, a magnetic force between them that eventually draws them together. It doesn't matter how many times a couple kisses in a drama, if they do NOT have chemistry, it means NOTHING (no matter how "cute" they may look together).
    Last edited by The Red Shoes; 07-23-06 at 12:37 AM.