Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: (Jet li's) Fearless

I read that the grandson of the real HYJ is going to sue the producer of the movie because the story is not factual.

The movie was ok, cannot compare to Once Upon a Time in China. I think Jet Li is getting old!
    The New Bi Xue Jian Rocks!

Webshots - Free Beautiful Photos

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    watched the premiere...honestly i have zero expectations of this movie. but it turns out to be really good! i love it!
    though i think the fighting scenes are not that...satisfying. sure there are many fight scenes, but i think because it's too many, the fight scenes are not that long and therefore not that....how should i say this? like you're just starting to enjoy the fight scenes but it's already over.
    but overall, i think the movie is really worth watching! felt so sad with the end...
    Yep.. I was so sad as well.. He died.. honourably..
    Bad news for Jet Li as said above though. Huo Zi Cheng wants to sue the producers of Fearless for.. 'cursing' them as, in the movie, it is said that HYJs one and only kid is dead as well, whereas the Huo Family is still here, and that HYJ didn't die and lose the match between the Japanese warrior, Instead, he was asked to go to Japan, and over there, they put poison in his drinks to slowly kill him.... something like that..

But, people, it is just a movie. I agree that it was bad to say that he didn't leave any descendants but.. it is still just a movie. As long as everyone who watches knows that the movie is different from the actual history, what matters? Instead, it also proves that Jet Li can't be the real Huo Yuen Jia. He can only act as him.

Plus, I think that with this movie, people all over the world will now have more respect for Huo Yuen Jia.

yes i agree. but this keeps me wondering, so you mean they never bothered to consult the grandson about the script??
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Not sure about that. But, I don't think so, since the grandson is gonna sue them now.

well if that's the case, they have mistake too. they should have at least consulted the true descendant first, you know for formality sake.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Well.. we never know if they did.
    Its either they really never asked, or have discussed about it, agreed, but a few changes were made after the agreement.

either way, i feel sad for all of them. this is supposedly a movie to appreciate huo yuen jia, to provide entertainment for all. but it turns out to be this way
    cherrie

i have the english subtitle for this...CD1 and CD2 one. holla if u want it. the translation is kinda weird though...its as if translated directly from chinese by a program and not a person. if someone can correct the english then that would be GREAT!

Too bad the HK and China DVD's and VCD's will not have English subtitles since it's coming out in August in America. But I heard that the Thai release will be uncut like the HK and China editions so I might as well get that since I understand Thai.

Thank God i'm Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    either way, i feel sad for all of them. this is supposedly a movie to appreciate huo yuen jia, to provide entertainment for all. but it turns out to be this way
    Yeah... I watched this movie, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Then, after a few days, it was said in the newspaper that the producers of Fearless are going to be sued. I only hope they don't stop the release of the Fearless DVDs, VCDs were released already though. Its in my wanted collection list now

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    Yeah... I watched this movie, and enjoyed it thoroughly. Then, after a few days, it was said in the newspaper that the producers of Fearless are going to be sued. I only hope they don't stop the release of the Fearless DVDs, VCDs were released already though. Its in my wanted collection list now
    I think every Jet Li fan would want it in his/her collection. Anyways, it's sad how they might be sued over this. Jet Li tried to make his last martial arts movie a memorable one yet someone wants to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    I think every Jet Li fan would want it in his/her collection. Anyways, it's sad how they might be sued over this. Jet Li tried to make his last martial arts movie a memorable one yet someone wants to screw it up.
    Yup. But, I was wrong though. The DVDs are already released in my country. Lol. Saw it in stores today. Haven't bought it though. Didn't bring enough cash XD.

I watched it today and I think it is great. I like all the fighting scenes even though some were somewhat shorter. It was sad and emotional in the end..

I would recommend this movie to anyone.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 03-21-06 at 03:48 AM.

Didn't even see the movie yet I'm already getting spoilers.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    Didn't even see the movie yet I'm already getting spoilers.
    Sorry dagger. I can't undo what I said but I made a change it to stop others finding out what happened.. but then it won't stop ppl reading other's posts 'cos they have spoilers too.

but what the forum really needs are spoiler tags.
    Last edited by Bubblegum; 03-21-06 at 12:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubblegum
    but what the forum really needs are spoiler tags.
    Yup. Agreed.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Finished watching this movie and I liked all the fighting scenes. I pity Jet Li's character here though.

Just ordered this yesterday. Now all I got to do is wait.

Watched it a while back. Quite impressed. Probably because I was expecting a disappointment following all those hollywood failures. His Hollywood movies were getting worse and worse and this change definitely saved him some face. Talking about his face, GOD he's getting old......more wrinkles than my grandma....
    Pharmacy NOT Chemist.
    Pharmacist = The Drug Expert
    Chemist = Who Knows! Who CARES!