Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: (Jet li's) Fearless

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by skywise
    Watched it a while back. Quite impressed. Probably because I was expecting a disappointment following all those hollywood failures. His Hollywood movies were getting worse and worse and this change definitely saved him some face. Talking about his face, GOD he's getting old......more wrinkles than my grandma....
    wow you sure study his face a lot i didn't even notice it. by the way is your grandma very young? just kidding. really? i didn't even notice much wrinkles...think i'm too focused on the martial art moves.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

quite an impressive movie...but this one pales to Fist of Legend...fighting sequence-wise of course....The fights in Fist of Legend is like...triple to this one...but hey...i was really excited about watching jet li acting as the master, when he's already acted as the student....it must have been cool for him...chen zhen appeared during the final fight....now that totally clashed with fist of legend...so movies are really not as accurately as we think they should be...esp when filmng historical event...well, what can we say.....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

hey.. i only saw the begin, could someone tell me the ending??Please!! I wanna buy this movie but i don't really know Chinese nor read letter... Plus i don't where to buy this movie beside yesasia.com.. Could someone tell me?? I'm from the state..

Quote Originally Posted by LuV_iN_hEaVeN
    hey.. i only saw the begin, could someone tell me the ending??Please!! I wanna buy this movie but i don't really know Chinese nor read letter... Plus i don't where to buy this movie beside yesasia.com.. Could someone tell me?? I'm from the state..
    Well, there's always sensasian.com, hkflix.com, and your local chinatown.

Quote Originally Posted by LuV_iN_hEaVeN
    duh..eveyone knows huo yun jia dies after fighting that japanese samurai....cool effects...maybe too exaggerating tho....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Looks great. costume look like once upon time in china,
    Was is out on DVD yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Pingu
    Looks great. costume look like once upon time in china,
    Was is out on DVD yet?
    Yes it is already. I just found out that the Thai version of this movie, which is the one that I ordered, is slightly longer than the Chinese version because a scene including a Muay Thai fighter is included but sadly Michelle Yeoh is still out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    Yes it is already. I just found out that the Thai version of this movie, which is the one that I ordered, is slightly longer than the Chinese version because a scene including a Muay Thai fighter is included but sadly Michelle Yeoh is still out.
    Was Michelle Yeoh ever in that movie??

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    Was Michelle Yeoh ever in that movie??
    nope! I think she was suppose to be, but she got cut out to reduce the show time
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

So is this the really the last movie for Jet Li ?

Quote Originally Posted by death1
    So is this the really the last movie for Jet Li ?
    Well, the back of my VCD case just says that this is Jet Li's last martial arts movie. I heard he is appearing in another movie soon.

Senior Member Demonic Swordsman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dagger Lee
    Well, the back of my VCD case just says that this is Jet Li's last martial arts movie. I heard he is appearing in another movie soon.
    i think it was said that this was his last "epic martial arts movie"

that kind of sounds like its his last....traditional movie with like the shaolin stuff
    "The most happy marriage I can picture or imagine would be union of a deaf man to a blind woman."

well, i read in some mag, he had rephrased that that is the last of his wushu movie. he said that he can no longer take wushu any higher than that, thus it is better for him to stop with what he's satisfied with.he will appear in martial art movies, but not wushu anymore.
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- The Spaniard -

well he is gettin old so cant probably execute those moves..
    盈盈道:“岳先生被逼吞食此药物之后,自是日夜不安,急欲解毒。一日不解,一日难以安心。他知道只有从你身 上打算,才能得到解药。”

令狐冲道:“这个自然。我是你的心肝宝贝,也只有用我,才能向你换到解药。”

我乃逍遥人,自然逍遥去。 - Fearless

wanted to see this.... never seen it yet. i`ll just wait for the dvd.

so jet li`s retired?

i heard jackie chan wanted to retire too, from the martial-artists roles..... or something like that
    Always in search of great historical/costume dramas.
    Find me on MyDramaList ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by Fearless
    well he is gettin old so cant probably execute those moves..
    I rented the English subtitled version and watched it last night. I liked it even though Jet Li's acting is sometimes a bit wooden. It was sad that the Japanese Ambassador poisoned Jet Li's character to ensure that the Japanese challenger would win. The Japanese fighter was too honorable to accept the victory under those circumstances.
    In the extra stuff on the DVD, the director said that some of Jet Li's moves were so fast that they had to shoot them at high speed in order to slow them down for the movie viewer.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I rented the English subtitled version and watched it last night. I liked it even though Jet Li's acting is sometimes a bit wooden. It was sad that the Japanese Ambassador poisoned Jet Li's character to ensure that the Japanese challenger would win. The Japanese fighter was too honorable to accept the victory under those circumstances.
    In the extra stuff on the DVD, the director said that some of Jet Li's moves were so fast that they had to shoot them at high speed in order to slow them down for the movie viewer.
    i enjoyed that movie too the jap challenger was honorable indeed i like the tea time scene...it was nyc....what made fearles more interesting to me is that after watchng it, i rewatched donnie yen's fist of fury which huo yen jia was also a character in the said series....the events were similar although not exactly the same
    大爺來了﹗

想唱就唱, 唱得向亮! 力揚加油

MAGIC SHOOTER HISASHI MITSUI!

Quote Originally Posted by chuy605
    Jet Li's new movie "Fearless" is coming out, i hope it is better the his last few movie.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://tinypic.com/jkgikz.jpg')
    yeah, i saw it and i think it's okay...
    GAO HU ROCKS
    ALSO FAN OF THE FINAL FANTASY SERIES AND NARUTO!
    P.S. I got my icon at this site
    http://www.digik.net/avatars/series/13/38
    and it's by Izzy!

I've ignored this movie for more than a year because I gave up on Jet Li. I dl'ed it because I was bored and wanted to see for myself if it is crap as someone told me many months ago. Having seen it myself, I say its pretty good. The story could've been much more but since its historical I guess there's really nothing much to do about it. This movie is a good one, a must view for any wuxia fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    I've ignored this movie for more than a year because I gave up on Jet Li. I dl'ed it because I was bored and wanted to see for myself if it is crap as someone told me many months ago. Having seen it myself, I say its pretty good. The story could've been much more but since its historical I guess there's really nothing much to do about it. This movie is a good one, a must view for any wuxia fan.
    Well it isn't historically accurate. His family was not entirely murdered. He had sons and daughters. His decendents still live nowadays.

Some of the fights didn't occur too like that huge boxer after he returned to his hometown and fought the first foreigner fighter.

I believe there were more things fictionalized , if you care to search for the facts.

Jet Li, I'm bored of his face.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.