Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New series: KO One (终极一班)

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Which episodes did you miss? I just checked out youtube and they have the complete series.
    i finnish ep. 1-17, but the site where i'm watching it hasn't upload the rest..... so youtube has it? does it have english sub? if it does can you please give me the site to it(i'm never good with the searching stuff in youtube)? thank you.......
    What you think, is what you do....what you do, is what you are.......

Quote Originally Posted by flower-sphere View Post
    i finnish ep. 1-17, but the site where i'm watching it hasn't upload the rest..... so youtube has it? does it have english sub? if it does can you please give me the site to it(i'm never good with the searching stuff in youtube)? thank you.......
    The ones on youtube doesn't have English subs, but mysoju just uploaded ep.18 with subs today!

Episode 18
    Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3
    Part 4

thank you....
    What you think, is what you do....what you do, is what you are.......

Between this series (KO One) and The X-Family, which one is a better series? Which one has better storyline? Which one is more entertaining?

Any review I can read for this series?
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

besides torrent n online video, where can i dl this series? subs or no subs is okay

Has the series ever explain how the ranking of the KO Chart is decided? How are the points counted? Did the people on the chart fight each other in tournaments or every fight (street fight, school fight etc) they fought gave add points to their Fighting Counts?

Just curious why close ranked people like Xiao Yu, Ya Se, Da Dong has never bet before or that Da Dong didn't know his close friend is KO2. If they fought in tournaments, they would have met one another, right?
    Last edited by kidd; 02-24-08 at 11:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Has the series ever explain how the ranking of the KO Chart is decided? How are the points counted? Did the people on the chart fight each other in tournaments or every fight (street fight, school fight etc) they fought gave add points to their Fighting Counts?

Just curious why close ranked people like Xiao Yu, Ya Se, Da Dong has never bet before or that Da Dong didn't know his close friend is KO2. If they fought in tournaments, they would have met one another, right?
    The ranking is decided by the points. The more points you have, the higher your placement chart is. If two people have the same points, like Da Dong and Ya Se who both have 9000 points, they will share the same rankings (KO 3). These people fight each other but not in formal tournaments or anything. If one of the KO fighters feels that he is better than the other and challenge him on the street, then he has to be ready to fight at any time.

The points determine your powers. It's not like you win a fight and you earn points, but rather the points (or fighting count) reflect your strength to fight the others. When two people fight each other, they would be able to read the other's fighting count. These points then become common knowledge which decide the rankings. That's why Xia Yu, Dan Dong, and Ya Se never met each other before.

Regarding Lei Ke Si as KO 2, no one knows his identity because he doesn't reveal himself when he fight... just like KO 1.... so they sorta became legendary KO fighters.

I hope I don't confuse you with my bad explanation

Thanks a lot for the explanation Jilly. More questions coming.

Can a person train himself to increase fight points? In RPG games, every time a fighter fights or trains, he/she will gain experience points and if he/she levels up, he/she will also gain fighting points.

I read somewhere that Jin Bao San used to be top 10 in KO Chart, but, he was injured by Da Dong during a fight and thus lost all his fight powers. In the series, it was also mentioned that Jin Bao San has internal injury. So, is it true that Da Dong caused him to lost all his fight powers? If true, I pity him.

This series is getting better and better. I'm watching episode 6 now. I find Danson Tang's acting very natural. Calvin's acting, on the other hand, needs improvement, lots of improvement. Compare his acting here and Romantic Princess, I think he has improved in Romantic Princess.

I donno bout u guys...but I lost interest in this series after the girl with the annoying voice An Qi appears.

Quote Originally Posted by chelsea_fan View Post
    I donno bout u guys...but I lost interest in this series after the girl with the annoying voice An Qi appears.
    Wow. Seems like many people dislike An Qi. Every forum I go, I see people complaining about An Qi.

I really feel sorry for Jin Bao Shan. He's a pretty harmless guy, although boastful. Why everyone bully him in class?
    If it's true that he lost his fighting power due to internal injury caused but Da Dong, the more reason Da Dong shouldn't bully him.

Can a person train himself to increase fight points? In RPG games, every time a fighter fights or trains, he/she will gain experience points and if he/she levels up, he/she will also gain fighting points.
    I'd assume so, but I don't think the series show anyone actually train himself and move up the ranking.

This series is getting better and better. I'm watching episode 6 now. I find Danson Tang's acting very natural. Calvin's acting, on the other hand, needs improvement, lots of improvement. Compare his acting here and Romantic Princess, I think he has improved in Romantic Princess.
    Youre already on episode 6? Youre pretty fast. Yeah, this series doesnt start very well. I remember watching it and thinking what da heck kinda series is this? Its so weird. But Im glad I keep watching it coz the story just gets better KO One has a simpler story than The X-Family.

Yes, Danson is pretty good here. I wont say the same for The X-Family though coz his character is not as challenging. Calvins acting is quite raw in KO One, and hes not that much better in The X-Family. He needs to work on the serious/sad scenes.

I really feel sorry for Jin Bao Shan. He's a pretty harmless guy, although boastful. Why everyone bully him in class?
    If it's true that he lost his fighting power due to internal injury caused but Da Dong, the more reason Da Dong shouldn't bully him.
    I can't remember if he lost his fighting power because of a fight with Da Dong, but I don't like Jin Bao San anyway. He's my second least favorite character after An Qi. I don't think Da Dong really bully him; it's more like he's bossing him around But youll see the difference between Da Dong and Jin Bao San. Jin Bao San is a coward follower who would flee in face of danger. Da Dong, on the other hand, will come to the rescue when his friends and classmates are facing trouble. He acts like a true leader, thats why everyone in the class respects and listens to him. Like on episode 1 when Ya Se was cornered by the bad guys, Da Dong helps him right away even though they are still not in a good term at that time. Or the time when Lei Ke Si is having financial problem (I dont know if you got to this part yet), he immediately asks (or ordered ) his classmates to help Lei Ke Si. Now compare this to Jin Bao San who will sell his friendship for power, youll understand why everyone in the class bullies him.

I can't remember if he lost his fighting power because of a fight with Da Dong, but I don't like Jin Bao San anyway. He's my second least favorite character after An Qi. I don't think Da Dong really bully him; it's more like he's bossing him around But youll see the difference between Da Dong and Jin Bao San. Jin Bao San is a coward follower who would flee in face of danger. Da Dong, on the other hand, will come to the rescue when his friends and classmates are facing trouble. He acts like a true leader, thats why everyone in the class respects and listens to him. Like on episode 1 when Ya Se was cornered by the bad guys, Da Dong helps him right away even though they are still not in a good term at that time. Or the time when Lei Ke Si is having financial problem (I dont know if you got to this part yet), he immediately asks (or ordered ) his classmates to help Lei Ke Si. Now compare this to Jin Bao San who will sell his friendship for power, youll understand why everyone in the class bullies him.
    I find Jin Bao San funny. Plus, quite pitiful always being scolded and hit at. But, I can see what you mean. Yeah, Da Dong has a true leader spirit. Besides helping Ya Se in episodes 1, he also tried to bring justice to Jin Bao San during the lunchbox episode, eventhough Jin Bao San annoys him most of the time. I guess that's why Ya Se acknowledges Da Dong as leader (not verbally, but he follows Da Dong's 'order' most of the time, except in the case of Lei Ke Si) eventhough he doesn't think too highly of his intelligence.

Da Dong is quite a natural born leader. Everyone seems to automatically follows his lead.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-26-08 at 09:08 PM.

Finally sees An Qi. She looks quite sweet, but, I agree that her voice is very annoying. Can't she speak properly? Why she speaks like a 10 year old?

How long do I have to endure her voice? Can't stand lah. Why so many guys like her? I read that Xiao Yu also will like her later.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-27-08 at 02:50 AM.

You thought she looks quite sweet? I was horrified when I first saw her! She talks like Minnie Mouse.

Hey, you read the spoiler... It'll take out the excitement I don't know why so many guys like her. First, it's Da Dong, then Lei Ke Si, and even Xiao Yu likes her too. Bah! You should be happy that Ya Se has the best love story of all

You thought she looks quite sweet? I was horrified when I first saw her! She talks like Minnie Mouse.

Hey, you read the spoiler... It'll take out the excitement I don't know why so many guys like her. First, it's Da Dong, then Lei Ke Si, and even Xiao Yu likes her too. Bah! You should be happy that Ya Se has the best love story of all
    Yeah, I've read the spoilers in wikipedia. But, the spoiler is only a short episode summary. So, the series is still fun to watch and has a lot of surprises.

Haha, I've actually skip the Tian Xin-Da Dong-An Qi-Xiao Yu square and go straight to episode 16 to watch Ya Se and the money girl. Sooooo funny.
    But, I'll go back to watch the middle part before the grand finale because that part got important storyline. Not looking forward to An Qi whiny voice though.

I still think An Qi looks sweet.

The 2 chinadolls also very annoying leh.

Sha Jie! Teacher Tian Xin! Please come back!!!
    Last edited by kidd; 02-28-08 at 12:01 AM.

Just for fun.

The famous people/books Wang Ya Se has quoted

William Shakespeare
    King Solomon
    Aristotle
    Mark Twain
    The Bible
    Rabindranath Tagore
    George Bernard Shaw
    Winston Churchill
    Alexander the Great
    Miyamoto Musashi

Anymore?
    Last edited by kidd; 02-27-08 at 11:44 PM.

Haha, I've actually skip the Tian Xin-Da Dong-An Qi-Xiao Yu square and go straight to episode 16 to watch Ya Se and the money girl. Sooooo funny.
    Meh. Da Dong-An Qi relationship is boring.
    Wu Xiong is so cute! I love the part where she piggybacks Ya Se. So adorable

Sha Jie! Teacher Tian Xin! Please come back!!!
    Isn't it weird that they're gone just like that? I thought there's some missing link there. Oh yeah, I pick Teacher Tian Xin over An Qi anytime! I'm glad that An Qi is gone too.

Just for fun.

The famous people/books Wang Ya Se has quoted
    Somebody is in love with Calvin ... She can't stop talking about Ya Se haha... I'm just teasing you I'll do the same too if anyone else would talk to me about Da Dong Where did you get that list anyway?

Somebody is in love with Calvin ... She can't stop talking about Ya Se haha... I'm just teasing you I'll do the same too if anyone else would talk to me about Da Dong Where did you get that list anyway?
    Not to the degree of 'love' lah, just 'like'.
    I admit that Calvin playing the role adds to the appeal. But, I also like the Wang Ya Se character on it's own merit (I'm a sucker for smart scholarly characters).

As for the list. Some are from my own memory, some are from the list of KO One quotes other people compiled. There are many sites in the net that as a compilation of classic quotes from Ko One. I just need to translate the names to english.

Here are some of the sites. There are many more out there.
    http://hanlykim.spaces.live.com/blog...104!2264.entry
    http://odb-web.net/archiver/?tid-41725.html
    http://blog.pixnet.net/bqooso/post/5701268
    http://blog.yam.com/ntit4027/article/2217638

I don't need much time to find them either. Just copy one of the quotes from wikipedia (wikipedia's list is incomplete) and google it. The sites with the list of quotes will come out.

As for Da Dong. You can still post your thoughts about Da Dong here mah. Da Dong is cute too. I like the part where he's crying for An Qi and kept asking 'Is he consoling me?' when Ya Se quoted his quotes again. lol. That was funny. Initially, Da Dong seem as arrogant as Ya Se too me. But, I later found out that he's actually nice and not really arrogant. He won't hesitate to apologise in order to make peace with his friends or if he knows he is wrong. I was suprised that he apologised to Ya Se so quickly after calling Ya Se to tone down on his 'shao ye pi qi'. Ya Se wanted to hurt his best friend leh. I thought he would be angry for quite some time. And he forgives his friends who has wronged him again and again. I was surprised at his patience toward Ya Se when he thought Ya Se was the troublemaker in school and Ya Se wanted to hurt Lei Ke Si again and again. And he still considered Lei Ke Si his friend after Lei Ke Si tried to kill him. He really values his friendships.

Happy with my analysis of Da Dong or not?

Actually, this series has many characters I like. Some I don't like in the beginning, but they grow on me and some I like from the start. I now like Da Dong, Xiao Yu, Tian Xin, Ya Se, Duan Chang Ren, Sha Jie (I don't realise how likeable she is until she's gone and replaced by the 2 annoying china dolls), 5 Xiong, Lei Ke Si (more for Danson's acting than the character) and Jin Bao San (he's hilarious). I also like subtle romance between 5 Xiong's sister and Ji An.

P.S. Thanks for discussing KO One with me. Since this is an old series, the hype has obviously died down and not many people interested in talking about it liao. I'm glad that there is still someone I can talk to about the series here. Thanks.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-29-08 at 10:29 PM.

More Wang Ya Se again.

I like that Wang Ya Se's nickname is Ya Se Wang and his weapon is the 'Sword in Stone'. There's a correlation there. 'Ya Se Wang' is the chinese name of King Arthur.

亞瑟 - Arthur
    王 - King

According to legend King Arthur pulled out the magical sword Excalibur from a stone and become the rightful king of Great Britain.

What about other characters? Any legend tied to their names or weapon?

Opps. Just found out that the legend of 'Sword in Stone' is already given in the series itself. The scriptwriter did use the legend of King Arthur and Merlin as the story behind this sword.

Now, I'm going to look for the description of other weapons to see if they're based on legend. I did know that the God of War in Greek mythology is Ares. So, Lei Ke Si's nickname being War God is also appropriate (his weapon is Ares' Hand) . But, don't know whether the weapon has real legend behind it or not. This series surprises me more and more.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-28-08 at 11:57 PM.

*sighhh* i haven't watched this so can't join the discussion. Waiting for my frends to get me this series and that's without eng subs too