Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New series: KO One (终极一班)

tanteun, hope u can get your copy soon.

Regarding Teacher Tian Xin
    click to show/hide spoilers
    It's such a waste that Teacher Tain Xin never learn to fight. She has such a great potential.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    Actually, this series has many characters I like. Some I don't like in the beginning, but they grow on me and some I like from the start. I now like Da Dong, Xiao Yu, Tian Xin, Ya Se, Duan Chang Ren, Sha Jie (I don't realise how likeable she is until she's gone and replaced by the 2 annoying china dolls), 5 Xiong, Lei Ke Si (more for Danson's acting than the character) and Jin Bao San (he's hilarious). I also like subtle romance between 5 Xiong's sister and Ji An.
    Here's what I agree with you on:

Da Dong
    Thanks for your sweet analysis on Da Dong! You said it better than I could
    I'm a sucker for a righteous character who values his friendship dearly.

Ya Se
    I don't think his character meant to be funny, but whenever he starts quoting those famous people (with that funny background music) at the wrong time, it produces comical effects

Xiao Yu
    He's the quiet type. He also has piercing gaze. I wish he has a weapon like the others do.

Tian Xin
    In the beginning, I was rather put off with her revealing outfits which make her look like a vamp. But she grows on me. She's really sincere about her students' future. I even root for her to be with Da Dong even though it seems wrong. Anything but Da Dong and An Qi.

Duan Chang Ren
    His character always comes up with wacky humors. His 'ba xian guo hai' soup for Xiao Yu is hilarious!

Sha Jie
    I like her right off the bat. That's why I have high hope on her in The X-Family, but she somewhat fails me

Wu Xiong
    Do you know that she's KO 7's sister (who also plays her sister here) in real life? She's very cute together with Ya Se. Too bad she only appears in later episodes.

Lei Ke Si
    I also like his acting more than his character. An Qi and Jin Bao San can learn this from him.

Disagree:

An Qi
    I still think she's a waste of the three guys' attention. If this character were acted by a more capable actress, I'm sure people wouldn't dislike her so much.

Jin Bao San
    I just realize that the reason I don't like his character is because of his acting... much like in An Qi's case. I've watched him act in The Rose, Tokyo Juliet, Hana Kimi, and of course this series and The X-Family, and I found him horrible!

P.S. Thanks for discussing KO One with me. Since this is an old series, the hype has obviously died down and not many people interested in talking about it liao. I'm glad that there is still someone I can talk to about the series here. Thanks.
    NP . I watched this series last year when the hype had already died down too, so there's not much discussion going on. Thanks to you, I finally get a chance to vent my buildup excitement

I like that Wang Ya Se's nickname is Ya Se Wang and his weapon is the 'Sword in Stone'. There's a correlation there. 'Ya Se Wang' is the chinese name of King Arthur.

According to legend King Arthur pulled out the magical sword Excalibur from a stone and become the rightful king of Great Britain.

What about other characters? Any legend tied to their names or weapon?

Now, I'm going to look for the description of other weapons to see if they're based on legend. I did know that the God of War in Greek mythology is Ares. So, Lei Ke Si's nickname being War God is also appropriate (his weapon is Ares' Hand) . But, don't know whether the weapon has real legend behind it or not. This series surprises me more and more.
    Yeah, it's very interesting how some of the characters and weapons are based on legend albeit not completely accurate. But it's still pretty creative anyway. I thought Ya Se has the coolest weapon and name. Ji An's Ba Mo Chan (Demon Ripping Axe), Lei Ke Si's Ares' Hand, and KO 7's Truth Telling Whip are pretty cool too. Da Dong's Long Wen Ao... you've gotta be kidding me right? A frying pan? LOL
    I also like Da Dong and Ya Se’s nicknames for each other: Zhi Da Kuang (Egomaniac) and Zhi Lian Kuang (Narcissist)

Since you're doing the search anyway, please share us your findings

Regarding Teacher Tian Xin
    It's such a waste that Teacher Tain Xin never learn to fight. She has such a great potential.
    I don't really get this part. If she has so much potential, why isn't there a story about her?

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    *sighhh* i haven't watched this so can't join the discussion. Waiting for my frends to get me this series and that's without eng subs too
    You can watch it on mysoju with subs, but it's not complete yet. If you understand Chinese, you can just watch it on youtube
    Last edited by Jilly; 02-29-08 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilly View Post
    Ya Se
    I don't think his character meant to be funny, but whenever he starts quoting those famous people (with that funny background music) at the wrong time, it produces comical effects
    Yeah, I don't think his character is meant to be funny either. His character is meant to be the serious type. But, I do think that his shakespeare quoting is meant to be funny. The gold scroll, the funny music and him saying them at the most inappropriate time is deliberately made for laugh.

Jin Bao San
    I just realize that the reason I don't like his character is because of his acting... much like in An Qi's case. I've watched him act in The Rose, Tokyo Juliet, Hana Kimi, and of course this series and The X-Family, and I found him horrible!
    I didn't watch Tokyo Juliet, The Rose and Hana Kimi. I've only seen him in KO One and the one episode of The X-Family. From this 1 series I've seen, I think his acting is good. It's his character who requires him to act this way, but so far, I find his acting quite natural (if u can call anything Jin Bao San do 'natural' ). Maybe if I see more series and he still act the same way, I might think differently. But, from this series alone, I think he did well.

Btw, anyone think Lei Ke Si looks like Kevin Cheng in some angle? Mostly when he's in evil mode.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.v19.56.com/images/9/21/aloharosalyni56olo56i56.com_1172843772_232.jpg')
    Last edited by kidd; 03-01-08 at 09:32 AM.

Btw, anyone think Lei Ke Si looks like Kevin Cheng in some angle? Mostly when he's in evil mode.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.v19.56.com/images/9/21/aloharosalyni56olo56i56.com_1172843772_232.jpg')
    yeah they do look similar....
    if time can be turn back......there won't be tomorrow....

i just watched only eps 1 *long way to finish my download tho*

I think i'm gonna like this series but yeah the comical here is more too much than X Family.

Can't wait to see Lei Ke Si

You won't have to wait long. Lei Ke Si will appear in episode 3.

yeahh but i need a longggggggg time to finish dl for only 1 eps

but thanksss now i started to dl eps 3 onward then

I think it will be faster if u watch online. You are getting the DVD from your friend anyway. So, u will have a copy to keep later. No need to d/l.

Btw, Lei Ke Si only appear for a few episodes. Episode 3 - 8, and episode 20-21.

You can read the episode summary here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_KO_One_episodes

That's how I know where to jump to, to watch Ya Se and Wu Xiong. I still haven't gone back to watch the Xiao Yu-An Qi-Da Dong-Tian Xin rectangle. I'm dreading the moment. An Qi's voice traumatise me so much.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-04-08 at 12:59 AM.

my internet connection didn't allow me to watch online and honestly i don't like watching from computer either.

It's only i don't have enough patient got so curios to watch Danson's acting That's why while i'm waiting for the dvd from my friends, i try to dl the subs too.

thanks for the link *go checking*

IBtw, Lei Ke Si only appear for a few episodes. Episode 3 - 8, and episode 20-21.

You can read the episode summary here.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_KO_One_episodes

That's how I know where to jump to, to watch Ya Se and Wu Xiong.
    Tsk tsk tsk , you're bad... you skipped the series only to watch your favorite characters/actors j/k.

I still haven't gone back to watch the Xiao Yu-An Qi-Da Dong-Tian Xin rectangle. I'm dreading the moment. An Qi's voice traumatise me so much.
    Lol, did she really give you nightmare?

Lol, did she really give you nightmare?
    Not yet so serious. But, I cringe everytime I heard her voice. Furthermore, her acting's really bad.

Why so many guys love her?

Ya Se in hip-hop clothes is hilarious. His disguise totally failed. Jin Bao San from the back also recognises him. Even Aristotle and Shakespeare says his disguise is lame.
    Last edited by kidd; 03-05-08 at 10:08 AM.

Ya Se in hip-hop clothes is hilarious. His disguise totally failed. Jin Bao San from the back also recognises him. Even Aristotle and Shakespeare says his disguise is lame.
    Is that him on your avatar?
    I watched this a while ago, so I can't remember how he looks like in that lame hip-hop clothes

Is that him on your avatar?
    I watched this a while ago, so I can't remember how he looks like in that lame hip-hop clothes
    Yeap, that's him.

The full picture.
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=4960&stc=1&d=120473723 9')

Btw, did u notice the The 'It Started With A Kiss' crossover in this same episode? Kinda unexpected and a pleasant surprise.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by kidd; 03-06-08 at 01:17 AM.

awww......they are so cute!!!
    if time can be turn back......there won't be tomorrow....

so kawaiiiiii

finished dl eps 3 & 4, finally can see Lei Ke Si. He's so cool !! but too bad he's the villain one and now i know why u guys said that his acting's good.

Thanks guys. They are all very cute! I wanna buy the figurines if they sell them

Quote Originally Posted by tanteun View Post
    so kawaiiiiii

finished dl eps 3 & 4, finally can see Lei Ke Si. He's so cool !! but too bad he's the villain one and now i know why u guys said that his acting's good.
    But he really fits as a villain, doesn't he?
    He has this enigmatic aura that suits him for this kind of character.

This one is the cutest.
    Hehe... baby Xiao Yu

I like how they resemble the real actors, especially the hair!
    Not so much for the girls though.