Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Price Of Greed 《千謊百計》

What's the canto name of return of the cockoo that many says this series is similar to?

Is it the one that chilam can't talk with steven ma and charmaine---if so, I don't see similarities?

Quote Originally Posted by sufan
    What's the canto name of return of the cockoo that many says this series is similar to?

Is it the one that chilam can't talk with steven ma and charmaine---if so, I don't see similarities?
    yes, that's the one: 十月初五的月光 aka 澳門街.
    shirley, like chilam, plays a mute person. not sure about the other similarities because i forgot how ROTC's story was like already

well i just watched the first 2 eps. not bad, and im already beginning to like bosco's character
    hm shirley...i felt so sorry after watching the whole incident that led to her being mute, but somehow i just don't feel anything for her when i saw her act. still needs to work hard and improve!
    but i like the whole relationship of kingdom, bosco, and shirley
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Thank you...

I just find it awful that people do such cruelty to kids to make them beg.

When i was in chengdu, china there were a bunch of little girls always asking you to buy flowers from them..but if you buy from one, you'd be surrounded by 20..and then picpocket is an issue..it's all from a "gang" controlling them..so things like this do really happen..

sigh...

not only in china. there are many here in the philippines. some people can just be so cruel. sigh...
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

has this series already been shown in china? coz in australia, its coming out on christmas and im leaving for a long holiday...... aw i really want to BOSCO!!!
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

I haven't seen Sammul in a long time. I think I'll give this serial a shot.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I haven't seen Sammul in a long time. I think I'll give this serial a shot.
    Not really... he was in that series with charmaine ... how it goes through 4 centries or sumthing like that... and hes the evil guy in the first century... and a nice guy in the last century...
    Sometimes it's hard to love someone because you're so afraid of losing them.

Quote Originally Posted by girllikeme
    Not really... he was in that series with charmaine ... how it goes through 4 centries or sumthing like that... and hes the evil guy in the first century... and a nice guy in the last century...
    Yeah, I know he's in Maiden's Vow, but I personally haven't seen him in anything for a long time since I haven't watched that yet.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Watched the first 2 episodes. Good beginning. Really liked the relationship between Bosco, Shirley and Kingdom. Liked the flashbacks. Hope the series keeps up as it goes along.

still waiting for my ep3-4 to finish downloading...and eps5-6 are already released! wish my net connection will go faster coz i can't wait to watch the next eps!
    cherrie

I think eps. 1-2 is pretty slow, quite boring in some parts too. Oh I don't like it when Kingdom & Bosco screamed when they were arguing, it was like cracking my lappy's speaker alot!? Anyway Shirley did her hand signs quite fast, I can't follow her actions with the subtitles... can't steal skills from her!!

poor sammul. when on earth is he going to appear? it has been 6 episodes, yet no sammul besides those pathetic flashes?
    and kate tsui's acting make me sick. and she doesn't look good in period costumes, I think she looked prettier in LFD. Her features just looks weird here. And she was wearing the pinkish fur coat gigi or anne was wearing in TCB. I remember the two of them looking really elegant. She looked like she was wearing a nightdress.

Quote Originally Posted by foreva
    poor sammul. when on earth is he going to appear? it has been 6 episodes, yet no sammul besides those pathetic flashes?
    and kate tsui's acting make me sick. and she doesn't look good in period costumes, I think she looked prettier in LFD. Her features just looks weird here. And she was wearing the pinkish fur coat gigi or anne was wearing in TCB. I remember the two of them looking really elegant. She looked like she was wearing a nightdress.
    that is true but i find kate rather convincing. i sorta like her acting, but she doesnt look good at all. how in the world did she ion a ms hong kong.... she is pretty ugly.... her eyes are tooo sharp
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

Kate is bad in this series...

I do love the relationship between Bosco, Kingdom & Shirley...it just makes you want to cry and laugh at the same time. I have never seen Kingdom in a mommy role like this. I do hope that Kingdom do not have to die in this series...she is great being both good and tricky BUT because of her past relationships who knows...

Sammuel role is just beginning so I have to see it longer.

sigh, Sammul still hasn't appeared yet, so things are less exciting at the moment. because of this i keep delaying my time to watch this series...

i think the scenes of Kate's pocket watch and her nightmares are an overkill. can't wait for Sammul to appear to get rid of those scenes

Kate's acting is especially weak in scenes where she goes crazy, hoping for Sammul to return..

Saw 4 episodes...so far, the series storyline is showing some potential...but gosh, ENOUGH showing Kate's drowning nightmare! And her soft tone, crying, zoombie character! She's the most boring to watch here of the 4 main characters...And I don't know if it's just me, but her features are a bit harsh to play those rich daughters in period costume.

At first, I thought I would hate Shirley's characters too since she always annoys me somehow, but so far, she's been pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    that is true but i find kate rather convincing. i sorta like her acting, but she doesnt look good at all. how in the world did she ion a ms hong kong.... she is pretty ugly.... her eyes are tooo sharp
    yeah she's not the most attractive miss hong kong..i think the way her lips move is weird too..

i agree her acting pretty okay for a newbie..better than some other folks..there's some prettier miss hong kong but some of these seem to just "Want to look pretty in front of camera...she did a decent enough job for lfd too..

yeah those nightmares too much..drag the story..

i can't stand shirley and the overly cuteness and crying ...for some reason i never liked her acting..

bosco looks rather "handsome" in here...normally i don't find him "handsome"...

hope this series don't drag too much...

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    I think her acting is pretty okay for a newcomer, but she's more suitable for modern roles. And her acting is not good enough, not subtle enough to handle this character, especially with episode after episode of her spazzing over sammul in different situations, but they still appear to be the same, whether she thinks he's dead, thinks he's in Tianjin etc.

i think shirley's acting is pretty good here, maybe its b/c of the chracter she is playing... makes every1 like her :P i use to hate her alot too but now i sorta like her.

also i think this series coulda been better without kate and sammul's character. i think i will like this seris more if they devloped the story solely on bosco/shirley/kingdom. like instead of shirley staying here, she goes to that city outside of china and stuff, but juss my opinion :P
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!