Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Price Of Greed 《千謊百計》

Default The Price Of Greed 《千謊百計》

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/ent/2006/1/6/200601061527202fbef.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/ent/2006/1/6/200601061528537d5e5.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://cimg.163.com/ent/2006/1/6/20060106152914f19ef.jpg')

=============

Yesterday, Shirley Yeung, Bosco Wong and Kate Tsui attended the costume fitting of their new series, 千謊百計. In this series, Shirleys character is a music talented girl, who cannot speak. So to portray this character, Shirley is learning the sign language and how to play the violin. At the function, Shirley showed the media some sign language signs. In Always Ready Shirley played a disabled girl and now her new character is dumb, Shirley said, Last time when portraying a disabled girl, I visited disabled people and spent time with them. Unfortunately, the ratings were not too satisfactory. I am a little bit disappointed.

This is the first official TVB drama role Kate has accepted to play, making her quite nervous. Kate plays a pretty girl who has a split personality. When asked if her role will affect her real life, Kate pretended to the crazy and said, I dont understand! When asked to comment on her rumours with Leon and Leon having a new girlfriend and if this has caused her to have a split personality, Kate said, It is none of my business. When I accepted this role, I did not know about it.

Bosco play a policeman in this drama. For this role, Bosco borrowed some antiques to look at. He will not bring the antiques to work while working on action series in case it gets broken. Bosco, who injured his foot, while working in the action series hopes that the injury will heal as soon as possible.

==========
    translated by angelic_eyes25
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-14-08 at 05:23 AM.

TommyH
    Unregistered

When is this coming out?

looks exciting

Looks good, despite me not really that keen on Shirley Yeung as lead. Sammul Chan looks a little like Julian when he was in PONR
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

who is this kate tsui?
    and what will be sammul's character?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Kate tsui is miss Hk 2005

TommyH
    Unregistered

isnt she ms hk 2004?

Yes she is. Tracey Ip is Miss HK 2005
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

come on, when is this series due out? does any one here know? and whats the english title of this show?
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

Cant they find a better female lead than Shirley? And that Kate gal...i'm not sure if she will fit her role nicely... I was actually hoping to see Sammul acting alongside Tavia. they've never been paired together in a series.

This series hasn't even started filming so details of its released date is unknown...most likely early next year. There stil a bunch of finished filmed series that still haven't been released. TVB usually doesnt give an english title till they are done with the entire production, so fortunately we all have to wait.

I agree Shirley lead? The cast personally seems quite weak. I wouldn't mind if Shirley is supporting though...but I dont see her as a lead...
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs

Shirley can't even portray a normal character adequately. And now a mute girl? I'm quite iffy about this. Acting a mute character is extremely challenging because you're using you eyes to act not just reciting you lines. This character shouldve been given to a more experience and more capable actress.

I don't think I'll watch this series. I dislike series in that time era.

Hehe, great that Bosco and Sammul are back together again I really like their buddy pairing...wondering how this will work out though hehe, I'm also going to look forward to Sammul's villian role. Though I can't see him as a true villian and would rather not, I think this is a good chance to further his acting experience ^__^
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    Thats why we call it,
    The Present.

a little island east of america and west of europe

Some info on this series for you from TVB weekly - it is already in filming.

Kate plays the daughter of a rich guy, who falls in love with Sammul. Unfortunately for Kate and her father, Sammul is a conman who is only interested in her money and plans to get rid of her and her father after they get married so he can get at the cash.

Bosco plays a police officer, who has a crush on Kate, which is not reciprocated. He is investigating Sammul, but can't quite get enough evidence to bring him to justice.

Series is set in the 1930's period.

Quote Originally Posted by Em
    Some info on this series for you from TVB weekly - it is already in filming.

Kate plays the daughter of a rich guy, who falls in love with Sammul. Unfortunately for Kate and her father, Sammul is a conman who is only interested in her money and plans to get rid of her and her father after they get married so he can get at the cash.

Bosco plays a police officer, who has a crush on Kate, which is not reciprocated. He is investigating Sammul, but can't quite get enough evidence to bring him to justice.

Series is set in the 1930's period.

Thanks ah jeh! I'm so excited for this series because it seems so different from Producer Tsui's usual work. Okay... maybe not. "A Kindred Spirit" was pretty melodramatic.
    timeless: the VIRTUES OF HARMONY network
    Virtues of Harmony ... winning hearts since 2001

TommyH
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by MetalAZNWarrior
    Thanks ah jeh! I'm so excited for this series because it seems so different from Producer Tsui's usual work. Okay... maybe not. "A Kindred Spirit" was pretty melodramatic.
    So this is Producer Tsui's next work? I liked VOH1, 2, and I am liking TBB...I have a feeling I'll like this as well.

a little island east of america and west of europe

Bit more info for you - Sammul comments that his character in this show is really evil stuff. Having been compared lookswise to Deric Wan in the past, he feels that this character might give him the same boost that Deric received after playing the bad guy in the classic show "Looking Back in Anger" so many years ago.

... hmm somehow I don't think Sammul can portray something as deep as Deric's Ding Yau Hong. I'd be very surprised if he pulls it off.

sammul looks good in that pic!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

i think that kate tsui is a pretty samrt person. When she knew that she was going to film a boat-rowing date scene with Bosco Wong, and it was a cold day, Kate prepared earlier by wearing more clothes, so she didnt feel cold. But poor Bosco was freezing in the cold.
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

this series looks good
    cherrie