Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What if Xiaolongnu isn't that beautiful?

Default What if Xiaolongnu isn't that beautiful?

Would YG still love her whole-heartedly? Or would he stray?

YG fans like to think of YG as a sentimential person, a great lover. He was willing to wait 16 years to be re-united with XLN. But it should not be overlooked that he was in fact waiting for the most beautiful girl in China (during ROCH). Can it be seen as an act of holding out for the best, and disregarding all those supposely "second-best" in terms of appearances? We always see YG sizing up the girls he met in the novel, comparing them with his "Gu-Gu", before deciding they weren't as pretty as XLN herself.

Of course, it's really easy to fall head over heels in love with the most beautiful girl in China, who looked like 18 even at the age of fourty, and who had the best martial arts among her peers.

What if XLN was just average looking? Like everything in the novel, she treats YG really well, willing to die for him and all that. And like in the orginal storyline, she got raped by a certain dirty priest but mistook YG for the crime, therefore wanting him to treat her as his wife. Will YG still love her like he did in the novel?

If XLN was just average looking, with maybe a few freckles, and also about 10 years older than YG, not really ugly but certainly not as pretty as, say, Guo Fu, Cheng Ying, Lu Wushuang, Gongsun Lu-er and the others, would YG choose someone as beautiful as, say, Cheng Ying as his wife, and maintain his student-mentor relationship with XLN under pressure from Uncle Guo Jing or would he decide that whoever treats him the best would be his wife, regardless of age and appearances?

Another scenario is that, assuming YG decides that he that the average-looking XLN (his wife; they got married, yay ) had really died after 16 years, would he still contemplate suicide? Or would he prefer to date Guo Xiang, who loved him as much as he loved (the beautiful) XLN? Guo Xiang is also another beauty. And a young one at that.
    "By nature, men are nearly alike; by practice, they get to be wide apart."

It's hard to say. I don't think Yeung Gor was that shallow, but it's really hard to say.

It means that it would be less painful to read ROCH. There would be no Yang Guo whinging about how other women aren't as beautiful as XLN.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

I think it won't make any difference to him.

Before he entered the Ancient Tomb, he was already very close with Granny Sun. She had treated him well and he didn't mind her ugliness at all. He even told Cheng Ying in Chapter 15 that even if XLN were the ugliest woman in the world he would still love her. He also told XLN in Chapter 28 that he didn't care what happened to her and his feelings for her would not change.

So even if she were not as beautiful, the story would roughly be about the same, just that maybe that Taoist priest wouldn't bother her.

But this person is really hard to predict...

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    I think it won't make any difference to him.

Before he entered the Ancient Tomb, he was already very close with Granny Sun. She had treated him well and he didn't mind her ugliness at all.
    Then again, he never had any plans to *marry* Granny Sheun.

Quote Originally Posted by IcyFox
    He even told Cheng Ying in Chapter 15 that even if XLN were the ugliest woman in the world he would still love her. He also told XLN in Chapter 28 that he didn't care what happened to her and his feelings for her would not change.
    In theory, perhaps...but many people hold similar beliefs until they come up against an unpleasant reality. Then, they surprise themselves. Not saying that this would necessarily have happened to Yeung Gor, but it could have. He was only human, after all.

The fact that he would compare every other pretty girl he meets and feel smug that his GuGu is prettier would indicate that looks do matter to him. Compare this with say XF. He constantly reminds himself how good Ah Zhu is but not once was there a single mention of her beauty.

I'd say that he would continue treating and respecting her as his teacher and go sleep around with every girl from LWS to GX.

There's nothing wrong about loving one person because of beauty among other factors, but saying that YG would be the same to XLN had she been fugly is ignorant. I don't think they would even be a couple at all.

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Quote Originally Posted by FruityPunch
    If XLN was just average looking, with maybe a few freckles, and also about 10 years older than YG, not really ugly but certainly not as pretty as, say, Guo Fu, Cheng Ying, Lu Wushuang, Gongsun Lu-er and the others, would YG choose someone as beautiful as, say, Cheng Ying as his wife, and maintain his student-mentor relationship with XLN under pressure from Uncle Guo Jing or would he decide that whoever treats him the best would be his wife, regardless of age and appearances?
    If I were Yang Guo, I will try to behave like WXB. You do not need to fix with XLN. Thus, apart from XLN, Guo Fu, Guo Xiang, Cheng Ying, Lu Wushang, Gongsung Lu-er, Yelu Yian, Wan Yanping, all should be mine

No, just kidding, I do not think YG will change his mind. Yang Guo is always nice to the people who treats him well. Moreover, prior to OYF's death on top of Mt.Hua, he did tell YG to marry XLN. Surely, YG would dare not to conduct against this order. He has a strong sense of gratitude.

Moreover, prior to OYF's death on top of Mt.Hua, he did tell YG to marry XLN.
    TVB bullshit.

Surely, YG would dare not to conduct against this order. He has a strong sense of gratitude.
    YG following orders?

He would still be nice to her, but the relationship just wouldn't happen.

[QUOTE=Ken Cheng]Then again, he never had any plans to *marry* Granny Sheun.

QUOTE]

well he never plan to married XLN until later anyway...

But i agree, if XLN dare i say it....wasnt as pretty as she was, LOT of bad stuffs wouldnt of happen. and it would change the story alot.
    -of course nothing would happen with that priest.
    -all those people wouldnt of came to the tomb on her 18th bday where the whole story really began.
    -the guy from the passionless valley event wouldnt of happen the same way.

there should be other stuff, cant really remember all.
    I'm a big D.Wade and Ginobili fan.
    I am so sick of Hu Ge
    I fight with my dog for the role of master and pet daily and he usually wins.

I believe YG would have loved XLN even if she was fugly.

-The only reason he flirted around with his first few female companions is that their 'angry' looks reminded him of XLN.
    -His attraction to her is much more than just superficial; she nurtured/taught/trained/took care of him so there's that bond which can't be duplicated by another hot female.
    -At that time being unchaste was 100x worse than being ugly and yet YG still wanted to marry her nonetheless.
    -When YG waited for her faithfully for 16 years he did not know she wouldn't age.
    Just like himself YG believed XLN would have aged significantly, but he still preferred his "aged" XLN to any other beauty including young and beautiful Guo Xiang.

BTW, I luv ur 'dumb blonde' signature...LOOOL
    "Things we achieve too easily we esteem too lightly" -Thomas Paine

Too much what ifs.....makes me confused....I just think that Yang Guo really loved XLN. When you're in love with someone, she's the most beautiful girl to you. Even if there was a prettier girl than XLN, he would be blind to her beauty cause he's already in love. When he was seperated from her, he would miss her terribly and try to make other girls angrier to remind himself of how she looked.
    Yang Guo did not care much about Grandma Sun's ugliness because she was good to him. He even let her carry him and was greatly saddened by her death.

I'm not sure if YG would fall in love with XLN if she was not pretty.

If she was fugly then they might be close but not romantically involved. YG is human after all.

If she was less pretty or plainer i think there may still be a chance for themt o fall in love. Their relationship was not based soley on her looks although it would have been part of it.

After the separation, even if XLN had a scarred to hell face i think his feelings would not change. They had gone through so much already that i think he would still have loved her. I think a large part of their relationship was that they lived together for so long isolated from the world which allowed their relationship to grow and that she was the first person who was so nice to him that he could be realistically romantically linked to.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

If she were fugly from the start, there would be no romance, period. If she got fugly after the separation, then he wouldn't stop loving her. Different things.

Just remember, the only ugly female protagonist in JY's novels (hell, she wasn't even that ugly, just not supermodel-level) died.

What if YG didn't know any martial arts...
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

And who is this u r refering to??
    TaZzY InC

If XLN isn't beutiful, Yang Guo would have gone from Ancient Tomb Years ago
    When you feel like you're the POOREST man in the world ....
    COUNT your BLESSING, then suddenly you are one of the RICHEST man in the universe!

Quote Originally Posted by Tazzy1972
    And who is this u r refering to??
    That girl Chen-something in Adventures of the Flying Fox. For reasons I've forgotten she poisoned herself to save the protagonist.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

come on guys, give YG a break .

He won't wait till 16 years if he doesn't love her. How's he supposed to know that XLN will be still "hot" at the age of 40.
    Disappeared Into Unannoying Signature

Quote Originally Posted by ToOn99
    come on guys, give YG a break .

He won't wait till 16 years if he doesn't love her. How's he supposed to know that XLN will be still "hot" at the age of 40.
    Yes... Yang Guo really does love her, although I think if she were ugly before the separation I don't think he really would've been with her in the begining. I've never liked Yang Guo so don't mind me if whatever I say about Yang Guo is negative. I've always thought of him a flirt and nothing more.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵