Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resurrection : Any Reviews

Default Resurrection : Any Reviews

Has any one watched the above title? What's the verdict?

Never seen it before but heard it involves two Uhm Tae Woongs'!

I'm interested in seeing it because I think Uhm Tae Woong is very handsome and he totally made me love him after seeing his portrayal in Sassy Girl Chun Hyang as Byun Hak Do. He's cool in his Nine Tailed Fox role too but my fave is his Mr. Byun role.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I've seen a few episodes and so far, so good. The first episode is kind of confusing since a lot of stuff happens, but it gets better. Uhm Tae Woong plays two very different roles. I'm quite impressed with his acting.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Check this out at :

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=13723

which I had posted.

Great drama! I love it especially the male lead acting.

A very nice review of this kdrama here!

http://www.twitchfilm.net/archives/004046.html

I really want to see another of Uhm Tae Woong's tv series. I think he's very handsome and a good actor. Can't wait to see this series somehow...It's already on yesasia for preordering....out on Feb 28 this year.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Great drama one of the best in the last couple of years. Uhm Tae Wong's acting is wonderful. You can totally feel his character's pain and angst. Not your typical Korean drama love mess but something with a nice plot.

Does anyone know why this series has three different names? Resurrection/Rebirth/Revenge?

I'm watching episode 2, haha the mysteries surrounding the two Uhm Tae Wongs are so mysterious...hahahha..I like how he plays the outgoing cop, he actually looks younger with the outfit he wears and the haircut he has but then when he's the other twin, he's so cold and introverted, very differerent. I like it so far.

Can't believe it took you guys this long to actually started noticing this drama, considering that eng subs started releasing soon after the drama was over back in August 2005 in Korea and all 24 epis fan-subbed before the official Director's Cut DVD set w/ eng subs came out in Feb 2006.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca
    Can't believe it took you guys this long to actually started noticing this drama, considering that eng subs started releasing soon after the drama was over back in August 2005 in Korea and all 24 epis fan-subbed before the official Director's Cut DVD set w/ eng subs came out in Feb 2006.
    Well I wanted to watch this series for a long time, I just didn't know where to find it. I finally found it at lonelyviet.com and it seems somebody has uploaded the episodes you timed for. Either way,I'm excited to be finally able to watch this.

The story started out really interesting... but then it sorta set itself up for a bad ending IMO. Basically you have this mystery about a dead cop and the cases he was investigating. It turned out it wasn't an accident, and it was actually plotted by his 2 best friends. Well, the cop's older son (Uhm) was also in the car when the accident happened, but he survived (losing his memories of course). When he grew up, he also became a cop and found out his true identity.

This is NOT a spoiler or anything since it happens pretty early in the drama and basically sets the storyline, but if you'd rather not... then don't read.
    The two best friends found out about Uhm's survival so they went after him. But his twin brother (also played by Uhm) got killed instead. So w/o anyone knowing, Uhm takes on his brother's identity and tries to get revenge once and for all.

The twists are really really good. I mean, I caught onto it early on but they diverted my attention and puts away my doubts quite nicely. The only complain I have is that it gets you pumped up waiting for the ultimate sweet revenge but in the end you actually sympathize for the vilian's situation and revenge doesn't feel as good anymore.
    That, and I think Gang-ju is so much cuter than Eun-ha.

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    The story started out really interesting... but then it sorta set itself up for a bad ending IMO. Basically you have this mystery about a dead cop and the cases he was investigating. It turned out it wasn't an accident, and it was actually plotted by his 2 best friends. Well, the cop's older son (Uhm) was also in the car when the accident happened, but he survived (losing his memories of course). When he grew up, he also became a cop and found out his true identity.

This is NOT a spoiler or anything since it happens pretty early in the drama and basically sets the storyline, but if you'd rather not... then don't read.
    The two best friends found out about Uhm's survival so they went after him. But his twin brother (also played by Uhm) got killed instead. So w/o anyone knowing, Uhm takes on his brother's identity and tries to get revenge once and for all.

The twists are really really good. I mean, I caught onto it early on but they diverted my attention and puts away my doubts quite nicely. The only complain I have is that it gets you pumped up waiting for the ultimate sweet revenge but in the end you actually sympathize for the vilian's situation and revenge doesn't feel as good anymore.
    That, and I think Gang-ju is so much cuter than Eun-ha.
    Well doesn't it mean that Revenge is never right? In all stories about revenge, revenge only clouds the mind and make someone become someone they never thought of being before.

Yeah! I think Gang-ju is so much cuter than Eunha, the way Gangju gets drunk and jump into Haeun's car is cuter than Eunha's drunkeness!

Question

Ah...I don't understand! I don't understand why Haeun rejects Eunha's feelings? They both know their feelings for each other but Haeun says he can't be with her because of her dad and what he has done for him all these years? What kind of lame excuse or reason is that?

I guess i'll continue to talk to myself in this thread until somebody comes.

I don't know why that Gido guy is surprised that Haeun his the Geonha's son. But then again that Gido guy never met Haeun's younger twin brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Ah...I don't understand! I don't understand why Haeun rejects Eunha's feelings? They both know their feelings for each other but Haeun says he can't be with her because of her dad and what he has done for him all these years? What kind of lame excuse or reason is that?
    Dad wanted her to be with a well off person, that's why he's been nagging at her to go on that blind date with the doctor. Haeun knows this, and since her Dad has been raising him for all this time, and besides also wanting the best for Eunha, as he doesn't see himself as a good enough man for her, he rejected her in that one scene.

And I don't think the ending was in any way bad. The literal translation of the drama is "Resurrection" and the ending tied very well with the major themes of the drama.
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin

I guess i'll continue to talk to myself in this thread until somebody comes.

I don't know why that Gido guy is surprised that Haeun his the Geonha's son. But then again that Gido guy never met Haeun's younger twin brother.
    He is surprised because first of all, 1 of Geonha's son supposedly died in the car crash with his Dad, and he never got to meet the grown-up twin. And secondly, wouldn't it be a shocker to learn that the 1 you've been looking for had been in front of your eyes all that time?
    Currently watching:

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca
    He is surprised because first of all, 1 of Geonha's son supposedly died in the car crash with his Dad, and he never got to meet the grown-up twin. And secondly, wouldn't it be a shocker to learn that the 1 you've been looking for had been in front of your eyes all that time?
    Does neither Gido and Haeun read the newspaper? Isn't Shin-Hyuk and Gangju's engagement annoucement in the newspapers and isn't Shin-Hyuk's picture posted in the newspaper as well? Couldn't anyone seen the resemlance?

What is with Korean scriptwriters always having those childhood friends/foster brother/sister falling in love? Is this some kind of theory they have that love starts early or just to empahsize how deep their relationship is and how no one else can understand Haeun or Eunha more than H and E?

Does neither Gido and Haeun read the newspaper? Isn't Shin-Hyuk and Gangju's engagement annoucement in the newspapers and isn't Shin-Hyuk's picture posted in the newspaper as well? Couldn't anyone seen the resemlance?

What is with Korean scriptwriters always having those childhood friends/foster brother/sister falling in love? Is this some kind of theory they have that love starts early or just to empahsize how deep their relationship is and how no one else can understand Haeun or Eunha more than H and E?
    did you take a look at the newspaper?

Also, have you seen the flashback of Haeun and Eunha as children yet? and in later flashbacks as they were growing up?

Haeun's first impression of Eunha was when he was carried to their home in the raining, bleeding and the first clear thing he saw was a smiling Eunha before he became unconscious. Did you not see how Haeun's first words after the accident were about Eunha and that he'd never leave her?
    Last edited by creidesca; 04-18-06 at 09:00 PM.
    Currently watching:

i'm afraid to post here

i finished watching the series 2 or 3 weeks ago, and though it was pretty entertaining to me (a change from the usual romcom/drama fest), i got bored on some parts. what kept me going were the reviews on this series (and i think i was extremely spoiled reading those and such). i also like the cinematography, it was very vibrant and alive.

UTW's acting was also pretty good, though at times i find his acting (especially the puppy eye look/lingering look to Eunha) forced or seem unnatural. i like him best when he was confronting the villains. I also like Gang-ju than Eunha, she's more alive and a fighter.

I also recently found out that So Ji Sub was the first pick to lead the cast....now im wondering how he would have acted and would i prefer his acting over UTW? ...well probably yes just my opinion
    U can choose 2 keep on doing wat u've been doing w/c means u'll keep on getting wat u've been getting or u can choose 2 accept that u do have wat it takes but u've been ff the wrong blueprint.-Ziglar