Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resurrection : Any Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by hinako442003
    maysapaw... we're officially friends! yay

It wasn't unexpected. The script setup led it that way and you know so while watching it; that is the ending I wanted too, under the circumstances of the story. All I'm saying is I had different expectations at the start of the drama and when you're led in the wrong direction, you feel twice as disappointed even though it's not the drama's fault. You wouldn't believe how much I waited for spring break so I can watch it. But I realized in the middle of it that it won't be played out as hoped and so the ending I had in mind wouldn't be appropriate either.
    My former Film study teacher once taught my class to never have prior expectations on a movie because you'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment. So its always better for your enjoyment of the film, if you come in with a clean slate and no expectations. You'll be able to enjoy the film for purely for what it is, and not what you expected it to be or turn out.

I'm enjoying it thus far. I like Mister Ahn, he's loyal, yet at times I'm worried he'd tell Mr. Kang about his suspicions about Shin-hyuk.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    My former Film study teacher once taught my class to never have prior expectations on a movie because you'll only be setting yourself up for disappointment. So its always better for your enjoyment of the film, if you come in with a clean slate and no expectations. You'll be able to enjoy the film for purely for what it is, and not what you expected it to be or turn out.
    Certain expectations lead you to decide whether you will watch the movie or not. There are too many films out there for you to void all expectations and just take your chances with spending time on them. It's high expectations that should be avoided. And not all expectations lead to disappointment. For example, I thought Fashion 70s would not be a tearjerker... but the contrary was a good surprise and I enjoyed it.

I'm worried he'd tell Mr. Kang about his suspicions about Shin-hyuk.
    Dont have to worry. He's a good guy.

I've just finished Episode 20 last night. I guess Gang-hyuk have to tell Eunha the truth now that she saw his bracelet on Shinyeong, can't really deny it now can he?

I knew Kang Incheon had something to do about it. It's just like Hamlet, the man who his mother remarries to, must have something to do with it. He's just been keeping low-profile like a tiger waiting to pounce on its prey. So he ordered Dongchan to kill Haeun? Did he have anything to do with the father's murder-"accident" or is that just Mr. Jeong and Mr. Lee's order for Dongchan. I mean Dongchan has been really working for Mr. Kang, so he's the bigger villian in the story.

I wonder if Gang-hyuk is wise on Mr. Kang's behind-the-scenes dealings with Choi Dongchan?

I think after Mr. Jeong and Mr. Lee's out of the picture, the one Gang-hyuk have to deal with in the end is Mr. Kang.

Ah....what will he say now that Eunha sees that bracelet......

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

maysapaw... we're officially friends! yay
    yes we are!

I love Im Soo Jung. It's hard to describe MISA cuz it's not typical, but then again it is very typical. You either think it's boring or you love it to death. Same thing with Im Soo Jung's character. You either hate her innocent look or you find her genuinely innocent. SJS has never been an "eye-candy" for me. But I have to admit he has the best profile I've seen. Anyway, this is still the Resurrection thread
    i like ISJ too....i started liking her in ING...

A thousand years of love (not recommended cuz the ending defeats the whole purpose of watching it in the first place)
    Glass Shoe
    We're Dating Now
    he dies in most drama he stars in
    don't tell me he died in We're Dating Now! ayayay! i just got my copy of this series!....

add: What Happened in Bali (there is a good review of this series here in spcnet)...
    U can choose 2 keep on doing wat u've been doing w/c means u'll keep on getting wat u've been getting or u can choose 2 accept that u do have wat it takes but u've been ff the wrong blueprint.-Ziglar

Thumbs up Resurrection is a great series!

SPOILER

Heheh...My comments on this series probably spoil it for any future viewers but oh well I can't help it.

Whoa! I finally finished the series! I love it! Man, the last episode almost gave me a heartattack, thinking he died. Thank God, he's still alive. I love nearly all the characters in this series. It was wonderful watching this series! It was intense and gave me such a thrill. I loved every moment of it.

The ending fitted the themes and what is said by some of the characters. I liked it alot! One has to really pay attention to what is said because it comes back at you while watching what happens. Everything comes to a full circle.

Haeun/Gang-hyuk chose the lonely path of revenge, it changed him to someone he, hardly knew himself but he couldn't turn back. He regrets hurting the people he love and cares for but he would regret it more if he didn't continue on that road to bring justice to his father and brother. I'm so glad his character is not like the other characters in other dramas where they go on the path of revenge and allows revenge to change them completely and wouldn't care who they hurt along the way and would do any dirty trick to get revenge. Ganghyuk could've hurt Gangju, Heesu and others but he chose not to. He was just wanted to get revenge on Kang, Lee, and Jeong as well as Choi Dongchan and he got it. And he freely accepted Heesu stabbing him because he wanted to end the revenge cycle with him. Thank goodness, he didn't die. I think I know why he left the hospital, he wanted to go away for awhile to then return to Eunha as the Haeun she knew of well. He's been living for so long for Revenge, I think its good for him to go away and clear his mind so he can be his oldself again.

I thought for sure he'd die but then again he said earlier in the series that he's "the phoenix that never dies". In the end he rises like the phoenix and is reborn again. Resurrection/Rebirth/Revenge is a good title for this series. Its a good example of the cycle of revenge and the consequences and pain that follows with betrayal. I think I might write a review for this series. It's definitly a highly recommended series. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by maysapaw
    don't tell me he died in We're Dating Now! ayayay! i just got my copy of this series!....

add: What Happened in Bali (there is a good review of this series here in spcnet)...
    I don't think he did. We're Dating Now is supposed to be a romantic comedy... *hits head* WHiB is the drama that I forgot. I knew he died in some other stuff haha...

Suet Seung: I thought he died too, cuz it's very possible. Made me go "wth" for 2 seconds.
    Umm... I don't think Ganghyuk is someone who could directly hurt the innocents given his nature so I didn't worry about him taking it out on the kids. I just didn't want him to continue with his revenge plot cuz it would indirectly hurt them plus other ppl like his mom and sister. It's a lose-lose situation.

Suet Seung: I thought he died too, cuz it's very possible. Made me go "wth" for 2 seconds.
    Umm... I don't think Ganghyuk is someone who could directly hurt the innocents given his nature so I didn't worry about him taking it out on the kids. I just didn't want him to continue with his revenge plot cuz it would indirectly hurt them plus other ppl like his mom and sister. It's a lose-lose situation.
    Like he said..he's driving a car with broken car break, he can't stop now even if he wanted to. He allowed his private investigator to leave but he didn't want to leave either despite him wanting Ganghyuk to stop, he said he's riding in the same car as GH.

And that last scene with Mr. Ahn where he asks what Mr. Ahn would do if he was in the same situation as he was. It's a very hard decision, on one side, theres the injustice and betrayal that his father Yu Geonha faced and his brother's murder and then on the otherside is his mother and his half-sister. The pain he's gone through of losing his father and brother is too much to forgive. He wouldn't be able to live with himself, if his dad and his brother's murderers were still outside of the law.

I like what Mr Ahn said. "The dead is important but the living is more important." Or something to that extent.

Indirectly hurt them? Jeong Sangguk and Choi Dongchan was arrested but still alive. Lee Taejin and Kang Incheol committing suicide is something no one anticipated, I think. Yu Gang-hyuk has always been a cop, I don't think he'd intentionally hurt innocent people either. If Lee Taejin and Kang Incheol didn't committ suicide, they would've gone to jail too (Which is what Ganghyuk expected; what he didn't expect was Heesu returning and confronting his real father and Dongchan's half brother telling Ganghyuk's mom the truth about Kang Incheol). Its kind of ironic though, 20 years ago they made it like their friend died of an accident and that minister of contruction died of suicide and 20 years later, they really die of suicide. I thought the ending for Lee, Jeong, Kang, Choi was poetic justice. They all got what they deserved. Justice was served. If they didn't want that outcome then they shouldn't have committ all those crimes and the great betrayal against their good friend Geonha and expect to go scott-free forever. It's karma. It's a reap what you sow situation.

I like Park Heesu, he's okay looking but the way he's so sweet to his Grandma is so cute and he's really got an adoreable personality minus the swindling. Heesu went to jail, if not for his swindling then for his father Taejin's crimes and then theres Heesu stabbing Ganghyuk. Revenge is not for someone with a weak heart or not enough courage, I mean look how much Gang-hyuk struggled with revenge, he was really in pain but he couldn't stop until justice was served. Heesu realize what he did after he stabbed him and got scared and ran away. They're still friends at the end. Gangju was sad and hurt when her father died but she's okay after a year. Ganghyuk's mom now lives for her children, I think that was a great letter she wrote to Incheol. It just shows "The more you want to cover the truth, the more the truth will be revealed". Incheol couldn't hide the truth forever.

Haha...I think I've written to much already. I'll save anything else to say, when I write a review for it. Hehehh...
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-24-06 at 12:53 PM.

nice to know that you have finished the series and really liked it....

i had the same thoughts too when he got stabbed - i thought he's gonna die like several ending of some dramas (mostly korean )

now..can you try MISA? (but now im thinking you might get disappointed with it considering your comment on post 45)...
    U can choose 2 keep on doing wat u've been doing w/c means u'll keep on getting wat u've been getting or u can choose 2 accept that u do have wat it takes but u've been ff the wrong blueprint.-Ziglar

indirectly hurt "them" meaning Gang-ju, VP guy, Heesu, mom, sister... not the other folks that were involved in the murder... "indirectly" wouldn't apply to the ppl you mentioned because he purposely targeted them. Either you interpreted my words wrong or I yours.

indirectly hurt "them" meaning Gang-ju, VP guy, Heesu, mom, sister... not the other folks that were involved in the murder... "indirectly" wouldn't apply to the ppl you mentioned because he purposely targeted them. Either you interpreted my words wrong or I yours.
    I keep coming back to edit my responses. I really do not want to delete my effort for writing it all. So pardon me for making it so long.

Final Draft:

Okay, Even if Ganghyuk/Haeun put side all revenge plots, the cop side of him would still want to uphold justice and bring everything to the light of truth and in the eyes of the law, it only cares about getting Kang, Lee, Jeong, and Choi Dongchan into the hands of the laws and be arrested for their crimes of greed and passion.

A police officer is not going to stop arresting criminals because the family members would be hurt/indirect hurt. He's going to do what's right and arrest those criminals.

It's not Ganghyuk who is "indirectly" hurting Gangju, Jinwoo, Heesu, his mother and Shinyeong. It is Kang Incheol, Lee Taejin, Jeong Sangguk whose responsible for their family members being "indirectly" hurt. If they all knew one day their past crimes would catch up to them, they shouldn't have betrayed their bestfriends, just to save their own sorry butts, in the first place.
    And then Ganghyuk wouldn't be where he is and revenge wouldn't be needed. You know the first victims of being indirectly hurt is Ganghyuk, Shinhyuk and their mother. Gangju, Jinwoo, Heesu and co. weren't the first ones to be "indirectly hurt".

If you picture it as a domino effect, Kang, Lee, and Jeong are the ones who caused the first domino to fall and thus causing it all to happen.

1st draft:
    He had to go through the revenge plot to avenge his father and brother's deaths. It has already caused him, his mother and his brother(before he died) much pain and grief, there was no way he was going to forgive and forget those culprits for wronging his family.

If you were in the same situation as Ganghyuk, your father's death was plotted by his bestfriends because of their own greed to keep their power and status and then 20 years later, they kill your brother to keep their past crimes buried. You look at how your mother has lost her husband and son and how much grief thats made her and yourself feel. And you're a cop you want to bring justice to the injustice, wouldn't you have done the same thing as he did?

So are you saying you would allow your mother to call the person whose responsible of killing your father, husband? Ignorance is not bliss in this type of situation.

hmm...so let's say the revenge plot did "indirectly" hurt those people, in the end, they all knew the truth about Kang, Lee, and Jeong, but they were able to cope with the truth after some time plus none of them died after knowing the truth. I think most of them would rather know the truth than to be left ignorant of everything. Heesu still considered Ganghyuk a friend and brother. I don't think Gangju, Heesu, and his mother blamed Ganghyuk for what he did after understanding why he had to do what he did. As for Jinwoo and Shinyeong, we don't know. Again, Jinwoo's father got what his deserve, what pain did Jinwoo suffer?

----------------------------------------------------

2nd Draft:

Ganghyuk tried the best he could to save those people from getting really hurt. Read further if you want, but its not neccesary. I've made my point with the above statements.

Ganju- He continuely tried to stop Ganju from investigating after he knew her life would be in dangered. Before he thought Lee Taejin would be able to protect his own daughter but obviously Choi Dongchan had Kang Incheol backing him up, plus Dongchan is known to be reckless in his actions. So Gang-hyuk told Lee and Jeong that he knew his brother was murdered---he didn't intend to tell them he knew, but to save Gangju he had to reveal that he knew. Main point is He tried to stop her after knowing it might hurt her later on, but being stubborn as she is, she still wanted to find out the truth. You can argue that he sent her those clues onto finding the truth but he DID try to stop her once he knew what would happen, and I still argue that she's stubborn and would've persisted in finding the truth even if no one gave her the clues to begin with.

VP guy/ Jinwoo, he was already doing some investigation of his own. His father only went to jail for his crimes, how is that hurting Jinwoo when its justice? His father can't runaway from justice. I don't think there's much damage to be talked about here. Jinwoo did some lobbying but he didn't kill anyone, he can continue his own life and still visit his father in jail.

Park Heesu
    - Again Ganghyuk gave a chance for Heesu to stop him ---The race between him and Heesu. Heesu lost, despite Ganghyuk really wanting him to win, but he didn't. Ganghyuk told him to skip the country and leave but you know the truth can't be remained hidden for long. Precisely the quote "Theres only one coincedene and the rest are neccessities". It's meant to be. Heesu would've been long gone but fate made him notice the newspaper and confront his father. Lee Taejin would've lived on if he had not met his son.

Ganghyuk's mom and his half-sister was sent elsewhere to avoid the news and truth.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

On to other things..........

Heesu is a really affectionate guy. I wonder who the actor was.

I never got what that private investigator's name is, the guy that eats popcorn all the time.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-25-06 at 08:00 PM.

Ganghyuk's mom and his half-sister was sent elsewhere to avoid the news and truth.
    Ganghyuk's mom already knows, which is why she agreed to leave. The half-sister will eventually know. Not much grief saved there.

VP guy - his father going to jail may equate to his properties being confiscated... dunno much about the law, but the company's gonna be in worse conditions and unlike Gangju, VP guy works for his father meaning he'll be financially affected too. Again, knowing the truth is inevitable; the only problem I got with it is the trauma it causes. Nothing compared to the pain Ganghyuk endured but you can't say he didn't have crap to deal with as a result of this.

Good point about Lee, Kang, and Jeong being the start of it all. That's exactly why no one blames or hates Ganghyuk. But you can't deny the damage's that done. If Ganghyuk hadn't pursue vengeance, it would not have trickled down... so he did have the ability to stop the wheel. At one point, he actually wanted to because he knows himself what it will bring. It is unfair, and I'm not against justice. You're right. I would probably do the same thing but I still would not like the results. Which is what I've been trying to say for the last how ever many posts. The feeling of justice is not that grand in the end. He left to find himself and recover from all the emotional strain. Thus, it's fair to say that wishing for another outcome isn't twisted.

Life is not always pretty and we all know vengeance and betrayal is ugly

I know the mother already knows. The only one left in the dark is Shinyeong (the sister). Ganghyuk loves his mother and it hurts him even more to see her in pain.

Kang, Lee, and Jeong put aside their conscience when they ordered the murder of Yu Geona and didn't even consider who they'd "indirectly" hurt. But Ganghyuk did consider and he tried the best he could to lessen the blow on those people who'd be affected. You can't hide the truth forever. Even if you don't want people to get hurt theres always a way of the truth being unraveled and found out.

Kang Incheol and Ehwa's marriage is based on a lie, I really don't believe in ignorance is bliss. Whose fault is it that Shin-hyuk is dead huh? Who pushed Gang-hyuk too far huh? He had no choice but choose vengeance, it would eat away at him if he'd forget it all.

That VP guy has nobody to blame but his father, I mean who bribed those crooked cops? Who was greedy? Ganghyuk wouldn't be able to do anything if his father wasn't already in the wrong and he wouldn't fall into GH's trap if his greed or whatever got ahead of him? Huh?

Okay, maybe, I'm just ranting now but I just don't think Ganghyuk's vengeance is wrong. He owed it to his father to at least put the wrongdoers to jail and uncover the mystery of the case 20 years ago. Lastly, I just want to say no crime goes unpunished. He was meant to go on that road, and if you don't like the outcome of it, tough luck.

I know nothing I say will change your opinion and neither does yours, so now I have nothing to say further. I enjoyed the series from beginning to end. One of the better k-dramas I've seen, the ending is good compared to TVB's endings where it just ruins the series.
    Last edited by Suet Seung; 04-26-06 at 09:56 PM.

Life is not always pretty and we all know vengeance and betrayal is ugly

I know the mother already knows. The only one left in the dark is Shinyeong (the sister). Ganghyuk loves his mother and it hurts him even more to see her in pain.

Kang, Lee, and Jeong put aside their conscience when they ordered the murder of Yu Geona and didn't even consider who they'd "indirectly" hurt. But Ganghyuk did consider and he tried the best he could to lessen the blow on those people who'd be affected. You can't hide the truth forever. Even if you don't want people to get hurt theres always a way of the truth being unraveled and found out.

Kang Incheol and Ehwa's marriage is based on a lie, I really don't believe in ignorance is bliss. Whose fault is it that Shin-hyuk is dead huh? Who pushed Gang-hyuk too far huh? He had no choice but choose vengeance, it would eat away at him if he'd forget it all.

That VP guy has nobody to blame but his father, I mean who bribed those crooked cops? Who was greedy? Ganghyuk wouldn't be able to do anything if his father wasn't already in the wrong and he wouldn't fall into GH's trap if his greed or whatever got ahead of him? Huh?

Okay, maybe, I'm just ranting now but I just don't think Ganghyuk's vengeance is wrong. He owed it to his father to at least put the wrongdoers to jail and uncover the mystery of the case 20 years ago. Lastly, I just want to say no crime goes unpunished. He was meant to go on that road, and if you don't like the outcome of it, tough luck.

I know nothing I say will change your opinion and neither does yours, so now I have nothing to say further. I enjoyed the series from beginning to end. One of the better k-dramas I've seen, the ending is good compared to TVB's endings where it just ruins the series.

Well said! I agreed with you.

While watching, I feel hurt and cry especially when I see Ganghyuk's sad
    expression towards the girl he love.

I love this show too, from the beginning to the end. It makes you feel excited,
    want to know more how the story ends.

Default Pictures from the drama

Here are some pictures from the drama to liven up the thread:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/021/003/021003005_L.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/021/003/021003004_L.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/021/003/021003008_L.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/021/003/021003002_L.jpg')

Who is he hugging?
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/021/002/021002324_L.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/021/002/021002323_L.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.kbs.co.kr/drama/drama_photo/021/002/021002306_L.jpg')

More later, maybe...

he's hugging the PD of the drama
    Currently watching:
    K-dramas Resurrection/Rebirth, Wedding, Farewell to Tears, Rosy Life, Immortal Yi Soon Shin
    C-drama Fairytale of Twin Swords

Quote Originally Posted by creidesca
    he's hugging the PD of the drama
    What's PD? Producer Director?

I want to own the DVD set but its so expensive now.

I want to own the DVD set but its so expensive now.
    Update: Hah, I got the DVD Set but I want to see the director's cut version they have on yesasia. But even that is expensive.

Just wanted to save this thread from oblivion.

lolz which set did you get? the official korean one? i try to get the chinese/malaysian sets when i can because those are cheaper, and sometimes the box is just as nice (like the pmp winter sonata set).