Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Blood-Stained Intrigue 《神劍魔刀》

Default The Blood-Stained Intrigue 《神劍魔刀》

To Malaysian forums. Anyone know where I can buy this series? It's currently airing in Astro channel 34, but I only have Astro at my hometown. So, couldn't catch the whole series.

Here's the info:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb/intrigue/intrigue.jpg')

English Title: The Blood-Stained Intrigue
    Chinese Title: 神劍魔刀
    Cast:
    Jimmy Au Shui Wai
    Ng Sin Mei
    Wong Wan Choi
    Lai Hon Chi
    Rong Wai Mun
    Paul Chun Pui

Story: It's about a man who got wrongfully accused of killing some martial world important people leading to his whole family being massacred. His 3 children luckily escaped. Jimmy Au is one of the escape children and he tried to find out the truth of the murders.

Here's the spcnet review: http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=711
    Last edited by triumph2004; 01-20-09 at 05:02 PM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

Banned

haha fellow malaysian .

it will be very hard to get this series in VCD , I have not seen it in Speedy the main distributer , and the private vcd shops only stocl newer titles like 1999 onwards .

shame though , so far very interesting .

So, u r watching it in Astro now? I think I will have to ask for regular plot updates from u then.

Actually, I've more interested in the big brother (the one who losses his memory). Too bad I can catch so little of him.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-08-06 at 12:27 PM.

It's a really good series, and was used by TVB as a platform to test their seven new recruits at the time. Of the seven, three of them officially 'made it' (Jimmy Au, Choi Kar Lei and Sylvia Ng), although as I still saw two of the other four (Au Wai Leung, Lau Pik Yee (Zhu Jiuzhen in HSDS 86, where she looked really pretty, much prettier than in this serial), Wong Man Ming (various small roles here and there) and Cheong Mei Zhi) in other serials (albeit in small roles) I didn't see the point. In any case, Choi Kar Lei and Jimmy Au never really did get that many starring roles (although Jimmy would turn out to be an awesome supporting actor) while Sylvia Ng moved on to ATV shortly after her role as Yang Buhui in HSDS 86, so the whole purpose of the serial turned out to be a joke anyway. Ironically, it was a rather good serial, even if the main cast were all rather raw and inexperienced (and in a couple cases, ill-advised). However, the awesome TVB support-cast machine of the 80s (poor Kenneth Chun Kong played the father who dies in episode 1) ensured that the serial would be enjoyable, with a half-decent plot (which would be plaigirised by ATV in a few years, although I'm not sure if this actually came from a proper wuxia novel), and the song was a very very nice one, miles ahead of even many JY 80s serials. Special effects were fairly liberally used for their time, and props were, shall we say, cute.

I don't remember seeing it on Channel 34 - is it during the weekends?

If I see it for sale I'd most definitely snap it up. And Kidd, shame on you. You're doing so well with your Chinese at the moment, and can't even read this title? Four very basic words in wuxia "Shen Jian Mo Dao" - Heaven Sword Demon Sabre.
    Last edited by Ian Liew; 01-09-06 at 05:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    I don't remember seeing it on Channel 34 - is it during the weekends?
    Yes, Sunday 12.00pm - 4.30pm

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    If I see it for sale I'd most definitely snap it up. And Kidd, shame on you. You're doing so well with your Chinese at the moment, and can't even read this title? Four very basic words in wuxia "Shen Jian Mo Dao" - Heaven Sword Demon Sabre.
    You assume too much.

I typed these 4 characters out myself, so, of course I can read them. I put the chinese character instead of the pinyin so that readers can know exactly what the title is. You can't really tell for sure with pinyin.

Banned

I've seen it before .

which part is it up to now ?

have they been separated yet ? the 3 kids then were re united later to seek vengence against the people who framed their dad , one of which was the twin sister of the mom .

BTW , it is very unlikely you will find it on VCD , the only chance you have is if you see it in an old video rental shop which has not changed to vcds yet .

maybe somewhere in an old forgotten part of town like Jinjang or kepong .

I didn't get to see the whole 4 episode for this week. Only the last 1 1/2 episodes. It's up to the part where the wulin people are killed every night by 'ghosts'. I think the sister appeared for the first time in this last episode. She killed one of the wulin people. Don't know what happen to the big brother. No sight of him for these last 1 1/2 episodes. The last I've seen of him is him being rescued by an acrobatic troop.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Yes, Sunday 12.00pm - 4.30pm

You assume too much.

I typed these 4 characters out myself, so, of course I can read them. I put the chinese character instead of the pinyin so that readers can know exactly what the title is. You can't really tell for sure with pinyin.
    Oo, my bad - the first time I read this post was in the office, which didn't support Chinese characters, so the Chinese name appeared as "? ? ? ?" to me, so I assumed you couldn't figure it out. Of course, now that I'm reading from my own souped-up puter at home... =)

I rewatch this two years ago. Through it was nothing new, I really enjoy watching this series. In fact the last episode in the tapes I had, only had voice and no picture, because it was so old, but I still watch it to"hear" what happened.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

i dont like the main lead guy
    does anyone have full version of theme song?

This is a great series eventhough the cast is not very well known. I love the storyline, hopefully TVB will remake this one day....

Ian Liew
    Can you tell me which one of thoes characters play the sister of the 3 siblings? Also who played the the intelligent girl that was really good at solving misteries? Her master died, so she went along with Jimmy Au to help him with his case.

Quote Originally Posted by i_fotted
    This is a great series eventhough the cast is not very well known. I love the storyline, hopefully TVB will remake this one day....

Can you tell me which one of thoes characters play the sister of the 3 siblings? Also who played the the intelligent girl that was really good at solving misteries? Her master died, so she went along with Jimmy Au to help him with his case.
    Yong Wai Mun played the sister, while Choi Kar Lei played the Zhuge girl.

Default I want to buy blood stained intrigue

Yeah

can anyone tell me where i can get this "Blood stained intrigue" im wirting from inda.
    i want to know who played the role of that kings daughter who was the lover of the hero .

That's Sylvia Ng. Her father wasn't the king, just one of the most influential people in the martial arts world - the "One Hero", ranked above the "Two Weirds" and "Three Separate Men". Sylvia also acted as Yang Buhui in HSDS86 before moving to ATV in the late 80s. Unfortunately, I don't know how well she did there - she's a very pretty and cute actress, and I was quite sad when she left TVB and I saw no more of her (apart from that one Adam Cheng Shanghai serial).

Ian

Default VCD/DVD

yeah i thought she was Ng seen mai .
    Anyways can you tell me from where i can buy this series...

Hi you guys,
    I'm so glad to see a thread for this series. I just finished this series last week, and I really enjoyed it. My dad bought it and I didnt really like it at first .I thought it would be really bad b.c of the cast and the production in the 80s. It came out really good..So glad I watched it! Does Ng Seem Mai have an English name?
    Actors that I like: Felix Wong, Louis Koo, Aaron Kwok Chow Cher Meng, Jimmy Lin , Hawick Lau

All time favorite actresses: Noel Leung Siu Bing, Erica Choi,Fiona Leung, &Florence Tan

Default DVD or VCD

Hi UnforgottenEricaChoi. Where did your dad buy this series ("Shen Jian Mo Dao") from? Is it available on an online shop? Is it in DVD or VCD format? Cantonese audio?

Quote Originally Posted by kris2099 View Post
    Hi UnforgottenEricaChoi. Where did your dad buy this series ("Shen Jian Mo Dao") from? Is it available on an online shop? Is it in DVD or VCD format? Cantonese audio?
    It is available on DVD in Viet audio, however, I don't think it is out on VCD/DVD in Cantonese yet.
    Last edited by Trinie; 01-21-09 at 08:55 PM.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by UnforgottenEricaChoi View Post
    Hi you guys,
    I'm so glad to see a thread for this series. I just finished this series last week, and I really enjoyed it. My dad bought it and I didnt really like it at first .I thought it would be really bad b.c of the cast and the production in the 80s. It came out really good..So glad I watched it! Does Ng Seem Mai have an English name?
    I saw this series when it first came out and enjoyed it a lot. Although the cast was not known or famous, the plot was very good and is a good example of a good series instead of just a good cast. The cast did a good job and I don't know if you guys noticed. BUT most of the main and supporting cast from this series were all in The Twilight of a Nation too. You mean Ng Sai Mei right? Her English name is Sylvia as already mentioned in the earlier posts.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by Trine
    It is available on DVD in Viet audio, however, I don't think it is out on VCD/DVD in Cantonese yet.
    The viet version is very good. Good picture quality with good voices.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinie View Post
    I saw this series when it first came out and enjoyed it a lot. Although the cast was not known or famous, the plot was very good and is a good example of a good series instead of just a good cast. The cast did a good job and I don't know if you guys noticed.
    The casts are ok, not that great but the series is good. I really like Wong Wan Choi's costumes. So nice.
    For the two main villains, they are so evil but they have the legitimate reasons for revenge. I dislike Tsang Kong and his wife character, they both are so selfish. Tsang Kong dumped his lover and stole another man's lover while his wife dumped her lover and stole the lover of her own sister. They both pretty much deserved their fate.

BUT most of the main and supporting cast from this series were all in The Twilight of a Nation too. You mean Ng Sai Mei right? Her English name is Sylvia as already mentioned in the earlier posts.
    Nah, most of the casts from TN aren't here. Felix Wong, Ray Liu, Money Chan, Sean Lau, Sheren Tang, ect. aren't here.
    Last edited by Trien Chieu; 01-21-09 at 09:29 PM.