Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: In What language you watch tvb series??

In catonese

Quote Originally Posted by darkangel1992
    is there a differences between chinese and cantonese?If there is then what??lol
    Cantonese is a Chinese dialect, and the primary dialect used in Hong Kong, as opposed to Mandarin, which is the main global Chinese dialect. Mandarin is picking up as China opens its doors, and even TVB are slowly starting to use it by having Mandarin dubs for their serials, but by and large Cantonese is still the primary language dialect TVB actors use. That's why when some of them go to China to act in Chinese serials, they need their voices dubbed.

is there a differences between chinese and cantonese?If there is then what??lol
    god....can't believe some1 would ask this question............................

Banned

They have Canto language coaches on set to help , Canto can be very deep . Even Sherene Tang can struggle for certain phrases , never mind those who grew up in foreign countries like Moses and Melissa .

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    Cantonese is a Chinese dialect, and the primary dialect used in Hong Kong, as opposed to Mandarin, which is the main global Chinese dialect. Mandarin is picking up as China opens its doors, and even TVB are slowly starting to use it by having Mandarin dubs for their serials, but by and large Cantonese is still the primary language dialect TVB actors use. That's why when some of them go to China to act in Chinese serials, they need their voices dubbed.
    what's dialect and what do u mean their voices dubbed??Sorry 4 asking these stupi questions.
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

Quote Originally Posted by SkyKing
    god....can't believe some1 would ask this question............................
    why??no one have ever told me the differences
    Fan of Raymond Lam,Jimmy Lin,Kelvin,Alex Fong,Bosco,and Joe Cheung

Don't study history....go and make it

Love is like war
    Easy to start
    Hard to end
    Impossible to forget

why??no one have ever told me the differences
    so u need ppl to tell u? u don't know how to find it yourself? i'm impress u're able to use the computer n go online.....

so u need ppl to tell u? u don't know how to find it yourself? i'm impress u're able to use the computer n go online.....
    it's just a question, SkyKing , you shoudn't talk like thay anyway
    http://carmanlee.18.forumer.com/ <<< Web tui

http://tuoixuanxanh.com << check it out !!!

Is it hard to learn cantonese???

Quote Originally Posted by heartbreakid
    Is it hard to learn cantonese???
    depend on how smart u r.....

depend on how smart u r.....
    Um actually no, I would say its a combination of how smart you are, plus how much you are surrounded by that language. Currently I am learning Cantonese, and have so for the last 3 yrs but I am still struggling to speak basic conversation, because apart from my 2 hr, once a week lesson, I don't speak Cantonese outside of class. So I don't get enough practice in using new phrases that I've learnt or new vocab so by the next lesson I've forgotten most of what was taught the week before. With Cantonese, as with a lots of other asian languages, the most difficult thing is tones and cas I've been learning English for most of my life, sentence stuctures is also difficult.

darkangel1992 - Chinese language is what you call the language of china as a whole. But within the chinese language it is then broken up into different dialects. Example Cantonese, hokkien, Mandarin? (mandarin is considered the official language of China) ect...... dialects is normally words and pronounciation that is used in certain areas of a country that is different from the official language. For example Cantonese is mainly spoken in HK whereas Mandarin is mainly spoken in Shanghai.

Dubbing (or voice-over) - when they film series the actors and actors speak using their own voices and dialect. Because TVB is based in Hong Kong so all their actors/actresses speak in Cantonese. When the series gets aired in Mainland/overseas, cas TVB series have mass audiences but not everybody speaks or understands cantonese. So the original voices are dubbed over with someone's elses voice in their language of choice. Similar to American cartoons, where they get some famous actor to be the voice for there cartoon character. Hope this helps some what.

Oh! nearly forgot to answer the question, I watch my series in Cantonese only in the hope that it will help me improve, and I also like to hear there original voices but last of all I'm too impatient to wait for the dubbed version. But if a series is really good (or it stars Jessica hsuan) i will watch it again in both Thai or Cambodian whichever comes out first.
    Jessica Hsuan + Louis Koo = Amazing Chemistry!

"มารอยู่ในจิต สวรรค์อยู่ในใจ"
    Life on Paper
    Thaitanium

yes, learning a language mainly depends on how exposed you are with that language.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Yeah, there's no need to be so rude about it.

I don't speak Cantonese much because there's most people I know speak english or mandarin, but I understand it well, so I usually watch it in Cantonese, or sometimes if I can't get it in cantonese, I just watch it in mandarin.

i watch it in Viet but i need the English written on the bottom too
    btw whats the different between mand and cant languages??

Just the pronunciations ... no difference at all in the written word ...

I watch my shows in mandarin ... Like what the other folks said, you can't learnt a language if you're not submerged in it.

yeah b/c this year i want to learn to at least understand cantonese and after try to speak it

I usually watch canto shows but i also watch mando shows too. I watch whatever show i like, and i dont care what language it is in. Anyways, most tvb series are in catonese which is good, coz i dont really understand manderin. Learning another language is cool.
    loving [BOSCO WONG!!!] + Prince@BBT *muah!

Fav actoR: bosco wong, prince
    Fav actresseS: LYF, Bernice Liu
    SingerS: Lollipop, vincent wong

currently watching: WOIL2, Ultimate Crime Fighter

Banned

burdianese

if ya want to learn other language....then just move to that country and u'll learn faster and easier......

Banned

correct but most of them haven't the goulies for it .