Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031 LastLast

Thread: Sammul Chan

Quote Originally Posted by neverland
    Rumours are that Sammul might go to mainland and film series there are he finished filming the series with Bosco, Shirley and Kate
    hey, thats what i heard too, but in an interview he said he's going to mainland after his series w. bosco to film ONE mainland series, then he will come back to HK.

oh i don't like them filming mainland series....it's not that good!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

i hope sammul isn't going to leave tvb

yeah me too and even if he leaves, it's still too early for him to leave. look at benny now, he left tvb shortly when he became famous here, now he's not that popular anymore....unlike gallen whose 'roots' are already planted firmly in tvb, even if he left to develop in mainland, people are still vying for him.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

TommyH
    Unregistered

sammul isn't that old since he started. he's still considered "new" so i doubt he's going to leave tvb for a while.

hopefully you're right...
    cherrie

Sammul isn't an established enough actor to receive any lucrative offers worth looking at outside of TVB, especially from Mainland China. I think it's safe to say that he won't be leaving for awhile.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Sammul is not leaving, he's just going to Mainland to film a series.

TommyH
    Unregistered

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. That's what we're all hoping .

Oh thats good to hear. I guess people tend to make assumptions when people go to the mainland to film there...
    Currently Watching:
    Good against Evil

Current Favs
    Fav Actor: Roger Kwok
    Fav Actress: Tavia Yeung

Bad news....its is true...Sammul is gonna leave TVB because TVB isn't giving him what he wants. ITs so sad to hear, but its true. Just read in magazine...

He's so talented in acting n singing...but i wish him the best of luckk in the future.

I can't blame him tho, TVB is being unfair to him....and so many TVB artists are leaving cuz they don't treat them fairly...

Michelle left for a better career, so now Sammul is gonna do mainland series...omg who do u think will be next?

My guess is Leila Tong, i dunno why...I don't want her to leave but TVB is not giving her great opportunities either. She doesn't even have any series filming right now...she's doing a MOVIE outside of TVB....so lets see if she finds success there.

Wow, TVB is losing their GREATEST talents!

what?! is it true?!?!?! hope not...
    cherrie

Soo sad to hear him leave... *tearzzzz*

I think he's a brilliant actor and singer!

TommyH
    Unregistered

Oh gosh!? HE IS LEAVING? that's not right...

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpink_cupcake
    Bad news....its is true...Sammul is gonna leave TVB because TVB isn't giving him what he wants. ITs so sad to hear, but its true. Just read in magazine...

He's so talented in acting n singing...but i wish him the best of luckk in the future.

I can't blame him tho, TVB is being unfair to him....and so many TVB artists are leaving cuz they don't treat them fairly...

Michelle left for a better career, so now Sammul is gonna do mainland series...omg who do u think will be next?

My guess is Leila Tong, i dunno why...I don't want her to leave but TVB is not giving her great opportunities either. She doesn't even have any series filming right now...she's doing a MOVIE outside of TVB....so lets see if she finds success there.

Wow, TVB is losing their GREATEST talents!
    omg.he is.this is so sad.he's so cute

Unhappy Sammul Chan

http://hkcelebrities.blogspot.com/
    translated by: angeleye99

As opposed to Sammul Chan's lawyer image in When Rules Turn Loose, Sammul appeared today with blonde-dyed hair, to suit his role in Trendy Lawyer as a rough character.

The always professional Sammul had to break his normal image, "The audience might be bored [with the same image all the time]. Although people have asked me whether I can act as a lawyer again!"

As a result, Sammul has challenged the acceptance level of the audience, also deciding to terminate his contract with TVB. He will be heading to China to expand his career. Whether Sammul will be successful or not is hard to say, but the will to change is a good start.

The World Outside
    Like other TVB actors, Sammul works almost 24 hours per day. Our interview took place after Sammul has worked through the night without sleep. After Sammul wraps up Trendy Lawyer with Adam Cheng and finishes the upcoming Cheen Wong Gee Wong [aka The King of Swindlers], he will head to China to make real money.

"More opportunities to make money is just one of the reasons. Making money is important, but I also want to learn more. I don't want to limit my working environment. The main reason I am leaving TVB is that they are unable to offer what I am looking for. I think emotional support for an artist is more important than work opportunities. As your career expands, there is increased pressure and negative rumors. I feel that I need someone who understands my needs, but the managers at TVB each have 5-6 artists they work with. Although they are unable to offer what I am looking for, they understand my choice."

Willing to sacrifice a big organization like TVB in order to find the right manager, Sammul is a person who needs his own sense of security. "This is what I have gained the most from the industry. During the course of my career, there have been people who have treated me well and not so well. I remember all of it. I am not going to seek revenge towards those who didn't treat me well, but I will remember and learn from the experience."

On the day of the interview, Sammul appeared as a judge for The Cruelest Bell. One of the contestants was a little girl who had practiced her routine for 1 month. After Sammul disqualified her, the little girl ran off stage crying, but Sammul said calmly, "This is how the world operates; learning the lesson earlier is a good thing."

The world is harsh, maybe the little girl does not understand that yet, but Sammul has experienced it early on.

My Relationship with Fiona
    "Once, I had a very good friend. Whenever he was unhappy, I would always encourage him. However it wasn't until a few years later that I found out he said a lot of bad things behind my back. I was very unhappy when I found out. I don't understand his mentality. What he did, was it to put me down and raise himself higher? Is it worth doing so at the expense of our friendship? If this friendship is so shallow, then I won't value it either. I just regret that from day one, I treated him so well!"

When Sammul spoke about the experience, he was visibly upset. As for his alleged disagreement with Fiona Sit, Sammul calmly faced them. "Honestly, Fiona and I get along fine. Because of this incident, we actually got to know each other more. Sometimes she will call me after she has watched my series to say I acted well. Yesterday, I bought a copy of Fiona's new album at Mongkok. Each time she released an album, she would sign it and send it to her friends. But as a friend, I will still buy another copy to help the sales."

Protecting Himself
    Although Fiona and Sammul get along fine and can laugh off their rumors, Fiona is just a casual friend in Sammul's mind. "In my heart, I only have a few true friends that you can count in one hand. Most of them I have known for 10+ years. I am a very straight forward person, if I like it, I like it. If I don't like it, then I don't. If I can't be friends with someone, I won't treat him poorly, but would just keep a distance. Now I know how to protect myself."

Sammul is careful in meeting new friends. He is also especially careful of the reporter's questions during the interview. When asked about his relationship with his family, he said family members are the best in listening and supporting him. Asking Sammul about his love life, he said he has not dated anyone in the last few years. His most romantic gesture in the past was on his ex-girlfriend's birthday, he put her gift in the bathroom so that she can be surprised. In bringing up his ex-girlfriend, at least Sammul has invalidated past rumors that he was gay.

Being careful is a good way to prevent future betrayal. But being so careful, will it make Sammul happy? "Sometimes I'm unhappy, but I will think of ways to cheer myself up, such as meeting some friends for dinner after work. Basically, I am an easily happy person...."

Epilogue: Smile
    During the interview, Sammul thought carefully about each question before answering. During the promotion event, he had to sing on stage and wanted to focus on his performance. It wasn't until after the event that he finished the interview and was more relaxed.

Sammul gave a more relaxed smile to the photographer. A smile will brighten up the day and help in de-stressing. Loosen up a little more, Sammul
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    joeyjoey

yep...heard this news already..so upset that he's leaving cuz he is actuall y a really good actor! i'm going to miss him soo much but i will wish him the best of luck doing mainland series.

I am kind of surprised by this but I do wish him all the best.

yes so sad he will be leaving... didn't expect it will be this soon! but i do wish him all the best....
    cherrie

I'm so sad to hear him leave!!!! I love Sammul's series and i can't believe he's leaving! i don't want him to leave!! but i understand why since TVB is like shit to him!