Page 1 of 31 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Sammul Chan

Default sammul chan

what are your thoughts on his acting skills?

Default Re: sammul chan

Originally posted by memea
    what are your thoughts on his acting skills?
    Needs Improvement.

I watched survivor's law recently & thought that his acting was mediocre compared to the other actors/actresses. him being a semi-villain in the grand scheme of things just wasn't convincing enough as he'd have the same facial expressions when he was the villain and when the was the nice guy. i hate that smirk he always has on his face. every time i saw it, i wanted to smack that look off his face.
    the problem with this world is that everybody is a few drinks behind.

I've seen him in "Reaching Out" and just starting on "Survivor's Law." I think that he has potiential, just needs to get some improvment. Well he has improved since Reaching Out, but if he wants to be a good actor, got some ways to go.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i think his acting had improve since "The White Flame". but in Survivor's Law, i don't like him pairing with Bernice. I'd prefer Tavia... he improved a lot i guess.
    Dreaming of you
    Thinking about you
    Loving you till the end of time
    I will love you for eternity with no regrets.

He still seems a bit wooden don't you think? Or maybe its just the role which doens't really give him much to act on. In Survivor's Law he always has the same types of faces on, nothing really new. I'm hoping to see more from him when he turns "bad"
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

i agree with gumball. he seems a bit stiff. i've only watched up to the 6th tape but i really can't picture him transforming into a bad guy. a lot of people think that he looks like deric wan. he's decent looking but the acting can really use some improvement. not bad, just average.
    Last edited by memea; 09-21-03 at 01:07 PM.

can somebody posting his pic? made me curious.. i usually knows the star by the face not the name since there are tooooo many new stars now

he's the one on the far right
    Attached Images Attached Images

a little island east of america and west of europe

Here are some Sammul Pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.xpweekly.com/share/xpweekly/0262/ent/20030825ent0076/xwk262b13ap11.jpg') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.xpweekly.com/share/xpweekly/0262/ent/20030825ent0076/xwk262b13ap02.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.xpweekly.com/share/xpweekly/0262/ent/20030825ent0076/xwk259b062fp01.jpg')
    (Far right)

He is good looking, but he definitely needs some more acting experience to get his expressions right.

If you wanna read more about him, I translated an article on him recently here:

http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/200...s_archive.html

I don't have much of an opinion on Sammuel. I'm watching "Survivors Law" right now too and this is the first time I've ever seen him in a series. He needs to improve on his facial expressions since he keeps making the same expressions so far through out the series. I find his smirk really annoying too. I wouldn't say he's handsome. He's just average looking I guess. Doesn't he look kind of like Deric Wan?
    Last edited by botan; 09-22-03 at 06:51 PM.

I just felt like commenting a little on Sammul's character in Survivor's Law. My first impression of him was like he is a guy who only agrees to justice and would do anything to get justice for his client and all. Also I got the impression that he is honest and loyal. Gezzz, how my impression is wrong. Saw the tapes were he and Myolie got together. Gosh, that was a sneaky thing to do, I was not expecting that from him really. He knew that Myolie and Raymond had a appointment together, but he still pulls Myolie away and gets with her....
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Yeah, in the beginning you think Sammul is this really dedicated lawyer who is willing to try his hardest to win justice for his clients but later as the series progresses he's not like that at all. He's very competitive and will doing anything to win regardless of what the feelings of his clients are. He doesn't care for the best interest of his clients but only cares for his own interests, which is to win and gain fame.

That wasn't really fair for Raymond at all how Sammul pulled Myolie away like that. I felt so sorry for Raymond when he was going to give Myolie the poinsettias and then he sees her with Sammul in the cafe. I was like poor Raymond. Raymond was very mature about losing Myolie to Sammul but Sammul is such a jerk, the next day he totally rubs it in Raymonds face.

Yup, exactly well said axt!!! Sammul and Raymond are so different in those ways. Also that is the thing which seperates him with Myolie. Sammul only thinks for what is his best interest while he will do practically anything to win his case. While thank goodness, that Myolie and Raymond care more for their clients and their client's wishes. I really don't see what Bernice sees in him. Besides the looks and "talent" he supposedly has, I don't like him at all.....

I know!!! I can't believe he did that, he knew about Raymond going to see the play with Myolie too, but he just had to plan out a way to get her away. I was so sad for Raymond. Espically when he followed Myolie and stood outside the cafe to see the two dancing together... Oh, I so wanted to slap Sammul the next day when the three of them were having dinner together. Sammul kept hinting towards Raymond that he had lost and so forth..

Another thing is how he seems like the loyal bf and all, but its just I can't believe that he actually cheated on Myolie!!!! I think I'm past that part, but she still does not know so the whole story is not out clearly yet. But from what I know, he was not even going to tell her about it until Raymond told him to and all.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Credit to Em at TVB Space News Roundup
    http://tvbspacenews.blogspot.com/

September 22nd
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.takungpao.com/news/images/20030923-ul-23.jpg')

[Ta Kung Pao]

Sammul Chan was at a promotional event as MC yesterday and since making his name in "Lut Ching San Yan Wong" (Survivor's Law), he admits that his workload has increased and he has a variety of different jobs now. More importantly his wages have also increased. He says: "In the past I have normally just been MC for some promotional events, but now people ask me to do shows and singing, maybe because they know I will be releasing an album at the end of the year! (Who will you be duetting with?) It will be either Bobo Chan or Tiffany Lee."

Next month, Sammul will be going to Holland to be a guest at the Miss Chinese International pageant before returning to Hong Kong to start filming for TVB's new show "Ngo Si Fu Hai Wong Fei Hung" (My Master is Wong Fei Hung) where he will play Leung Foon. From reports of TVB's shortage of premium male leads, this show will be to promote the young actors and at the prospect of being promoted by the company, he is very happy. At the beginning of next year, the cast will be filming in Hangzhou.

http://www.takungpao.com/news/2003-9-23/UL-178898.htm

September 27th

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.singpao.com/20030927/photos/m451879SP.jpg')

[Sing Pao]

Sammul Chan and Bernice Liu were voted as "Beautiful Toothed Stylish Stars" yesterday in the "2003-2004 Hong Kong Love your teeth" activity and Alex Fong (Lik San) and Bobo Chan were given the "Most Popular Smile" awards. Jade Kwan and Boyz were among the guests performing and sharing their thoughts on dental health.

Sammul and Bernice posed with big smiles on their faces to show off their award winning gnashers!

http://www.singpao.com/20030927/gossip/451877.html

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://orientaldaily.com.hk/photo/20030928/ent/0928enew21p1.gif')

[Oriental Daily]

Sammul Chan appeared with Bobo Chan at an RTHK open day event yesterday and said that he will be in Holland for five days doing a show so he will not be able to take part in the opening ceremony of TVB's Broadcast City. He laughs: "Even if I was to take part, I would have to stand to one side because I am just an inferior artiste. However I have a part in making the rundown showcases of the series and I hope to work with Bernice Liu."

http://orientaldaily.com.hk/ent/ent_a21cnt.html
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, Sammul looks really handsome in those pics and espically the first one, hehe.
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

I don't like his character either, he's so full of himself and is kind of snobby too. But I guess that's the point, since he's the villain. I was asking the same thing, everytime I watch the series I always ask "why does Bernice like him so much?" I guess she's blinded by love and his supposedly good looks and talent.

Yeah, when the three were having dinner, Summul's expression and the way he acted was like "ha, ha, ha, I won and you lost."

Aww, you kind of spoiled the series, I haven't watched that far yet. I am only on the part with the case of the boy being accused of burning down a grocery store. Anyways, Sammul doesn't seem to really care for Myolie, I mean he doesn't put her as his priority, his work is more important.

Is that Bernice in the article above? That doesn't look like her, maybe it's the bangs that make her look kind of different.

Yeah, he seems to be like the whole honest, loyal, and justice type of guy, but in actualilty he is just so occupied within winning in his work and all that he would do anything. I don't know, I don't really consider him as a villian. Just misguided. Yup, love is indeed blind. Very blind in this situation!!!

Oh I'm sorry Didn't mean to spoil it for you. Must keep my mouth shut some times Where are you now? I'm going to get this week's tapes tomorrow, hopefully its out. Yeah, seems like love is always second when it comes to work.... He seems to want so much attention!!!! I hate that fact, for goodness sake, you want to just do your best and help your client. Not try to win everything and become the big "thing" of the lawyers and all

Yup, thats Bernice. I now, it sorta doesn't look like her. But not cause of the bangs for me. Its more that her face looks chubbier. Could be cause of the way she was smiling though
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

a tidbit,

he is a DJ before he switched to acting.
    MooMoo Cows Can Fly.

I haven't had a chance to go to the video store for two weeks now so I haven't watched that far. I can't remember where I left off 'cause it's been so long since I've watched the series. Hopefully I will get a chance to this weekend. Have you finished watching the series goddessofhonour?

Oh I see, I guess it is Bernice. Hmm, her face does look a little bigger, maybe that's why she looks different. I don't think it's her smile though 'cause she always smiles big like that.

Hey axt!! Oh, you haven't gotten the newer tapes yet? Hope you get it soon since everything should be getting more and more interesting!!!!

Nope, I'm not done with the series yet. I think right now I'm on tape 14. Well actually there is only 14 tapes released out in viet right now. And there is supposed to be 19 I think? Hopefully it'll finish this week, but I don't think so. So probably another week after this one I can't wait!!!!!!
    Yesterday's History,
    Tomorrow's a Mystery,
    Today's a Gift,
    That’s why we call it,
    The Present.

Question Sammul Or Samuel Chan??

It's a stupid question but I need to get his name right.

Is it SAMMUL CHAN or SAMUEL CHAN?

You know that guy in Survivor's Law and The White Flame.

Thanks.
    PointEntertainment @ http://point2e.com [all about Reviews.Comments.Opinions].