Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why didn't Gwok Jing show much hatred for Au Yeung Fung?

Actually, it's not just GJ. I found that AYF is quite resistant to grudges, strangely enough.
    Being able to get revenge is one thing, but trying  to seek for revenge is another thing. For example , although knowing they are not East Heretic’s equ al, they still seek revenge from him. But no one t hat I can think of seek revenge from AYF while the y have reason to.
    GJ and his first master didn't attempt to seek revenge for the 5 Freaks is just one example.
    Chuen Jan Sect (Yau Chu Gei, Ma Yuk, etc) should have seeked revenge from AYF as well, but they didn't.
    East Heretic didn't seek revenge from AYF for indirectly causing his wife's second death (based on 1983 LOCH), the death of Mui Chiu Fung, framing him for the death of Chuen Jan brother and 5 Freaks, and for kicking WY down the hill and capturing her. I think East Heretic is extremely forgiving of AYF, considering how he treated his own students.
    Yun Ngan Hung Lit never grow grudges on AYF after AYF's refusal to rescue Yeung Hong, although this is reasonable.

The fact that OYF turned crazy may have some influence. Pity factor.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfox2002
    re: Athena's point. GJ's intelligence is below average, no doubt about it, but he's not retarded. The example Athena raises does not prove he's not dumb, because being dumb does not equal utter inability to reason. GJ didn't start talking until he was 3 or 4. No normal person starts to talk that late.
    Late speaking is not evidence of lack of intelligence. Einstein reportedly was a late speaker; his first words were supposedly "the soup is cold" at the age of 4.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Einstein,_Newton,_and_Autism

Quote Originally Posted by TaiHan View Post
    This might be due to telling a story, and trying to create tension for the readers. But I find it quite inconsistent. I used to reason that he loved Huang Rong, that is why he was angry at her. But why not Yang Kang. IMO, he had an unreasonable soft spot toward the "Yangs".
    Yeah, I think he loves YG more than his own children.