Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Romance of the White Haired Maiden 《白髮魔女傳》

Yep, DaggerLee that is the series. Yay! the mystery is finally solved.

Now, I just need to find that series.

Currently in Moss, Silver. Next stop....still Moss, Silver

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    Now, I just need to find that series.
    if you ever found it, and should it be an online buy, would you be so kind to post the link to where you found the series, or perhaps the price of it? ive been searching for it, but cant find anything.....
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

I think I may have found a place to download it but I won't post it up as I don't want to get into any trouble. Not to mention that my Chinese sucks big time and that the site I found is in Simplified Chinese (I can only read very very very little of Traditional). PM me if you're interested hkopinions or ghostdarTeal'c.

Talking

Yes, yes! That's the series I was talking about. I liked the actress that played the student (not the third generation girl though) but the girl with Mongolian outfit. I feel pity for her b/c she & her friend loved the same guy, but he didn't choose her, so her hair turned gray. Toward the end, she helped her friend deliver the baby. And that baby became her student (the third generation).

I forgot the ending, not sure if Phi Ho^`ng Ca^n or Red Scraft (the Mongolian) girl die or not ????

I think her named translated into Viet was Qua'ch Hie^`n Thu.c, it's Qwok something
    Last edited by TiffTiff; 03-05-07 at 07:34 PM.

i liked this one, but i thought the taiwanese version was better overall.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://members.aol.com/xsol4realx/private/ltv.jpg'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by TiffTiff
    Yes, yes! That's the series I was talking about. I liked the actress that played the student (not the third generation girl though) but the girl with Mongolian outfit. I feel pity for her b/c she & her friend loved the same guy, but he didn't choose her, so her hair turned gray. Toward the end, she helped her friend deliver the baby. And that baby became her student (the third generation).

I forgot the ending, not sure if Phi Ho^`ng Ca^n or Red Scraft (the Mongolian) girl die or not ????

I think her named translated into Viet was Qua'ch Hie^`n Thu.c, it's Qwok something
    She didn't die. Her hair remained white. The flower was given to her student who got a happy ending with her lover.

does any1 know what´s the name of the actress who played yuk luo sat´s little sister ( xiang ho ?)

Default caht or e -mail

does anyone know where i can chat with her or has anyone ada´s e-mail adresse thanks!!!!!!!!

I RMB SEEING THIS WHEN I WAS LIKE 5 LOL
    i wanna see it again so i can enjoy and understand it better
    ` forever&always R A Y M O N D L A M + B O S C O W O N G + M I K E H E <3

I seen another version i think it was by ATV, it has Savio Tsang in it and this very pretty lady! Dose anyone know what I am talking about? It's like from teh 80's, I like that version too

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    I seen another version i think it was by ATV, it has Savio Tsang in it and this very pretty lady! Dose anyone know what I am talking about? It's like from teh 80's, I like that version too
    I've actually seen this series floating around but I haven't gotten around to see it. Since you've seen it, would you elaborate on what you thought of it? Thanks!
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

Quote Originally Posted by IloveMimiLo View Post
    You're referring to 1986 ATV The Bride With White Hair. The leading actress was the lovely Bonnie Ngai.

I have seen it when I was little. My mom actually recorded the series but eventually got rid of the series.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.bonniengai.com/image/l7.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by wang23 View Post
    I've actually seen this series floating around but I haven't gotten around to see it. Since you've seen it, would you elaborate on what you thought of it? Thanks!
    Eh...Fruithead, I thought you've seen just about all the oldies you could get your hands on ...lol How did you let this one slip?

Quote Originally Posted by Versace View Post
    You're referring to 1986 ATV The Bride With White Hair. The leading actress was the lovely Bonnie Ngai.

I have seen it when I was little. My mom actually recorded the series but eventually got rid of the series.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.bonniengai.com/image/l7.jpg')

Eh...Fruithead, I thought you've seen just about all the oldies you could get your hands on ...lol How did you let this one slip?
    Is there a picture from her in the series from the above? I recognize the second one from ROCH but not the rest. And by the way, who said I love to watch oldies??? I'm a little kid that watches only the new stuff.
    $this->handle_bbcode_url(str_replace('\"', '"', 'http://riderfans.com/forum/image.php?u=129&type=sigpic&dateline=1196205212'), '')

Is there a picture from her in the series from the above? I recognize the second one from ROCH but not the rest. And by the way, who said I love to watch oldies??? I'm a little kid that watches only the new stuff.
    The 5th picture. Did I state you love to watch the oldies? And yes, I am well aware of you and your toys r' us thingy

Bonnie Ngai seem to portrayed as Lin Ngai Sheung(Yuk Lou Sat) quite a bit better than Ada. I feel her sadness and betrayal towards Cheuk Yat Hong.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.bonniengai.com/works/atv/bfmn/bf20.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.bonniengai.com/works/atv/bfmn/bf15.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.bonniengai.com/works/atv/bfmn/bf25.jpg')

The 5th picture. Did I state you love to watch the oldies? And yes, I am well aware of you and your toys r' us thingy

Bonnie Ngai seem to portrayed as Lin Ngai Sheung(Yuk Lou Sat) quite a bit better than Ada. I feel her sadness and betrayal towards Cheuk Yat Hong.
    You didn't state, but you implied which is enough for me. Bonnie out-performed Ada? That's quite the compliment considering I have the outmost respect for Ada's portrayals. I haven't seen the series so I'll have to use your judgment as my eyes and remind myself to take it as what it's worth, if you get my drift. But nevertheless, isn't Savio quite a bit younger than Bonnie? For some reason, I think Steven Ma would make a great Cheurk Yat Hong.
    Last edited by wang23; 06-07-07 at 12:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by akayami djiho View Post
    does any1 know what´s the name of the actress who played yuk luo sat´s little sister ( xiang ho ?)
    when did she ever had one? somebody wanna refresh my memory?

the last screen capture of the 1980s Bride with White Hair, the hair is hideous!!

You didn't state, but you implied which is enough for me. Bonnie out-performed Ada ? That's quite the compliment considering I have the outmost respect for Ada 's portrayals.
    Uh huh, you are trying to distort and curve my little comment, which you seem not to take it well lol Ada primitive acting stage did not impress me which include her portrayal in the TVB version.

I haven't seen the series so I'll have to use your judgment as my eyes and remind myself to take it as what it's worth, if you get my drift.
    It's not mandatory but use with caution at your own risk I'll take your comment as an earnest entreaty

But nevertheless, isn't Savio quite a bit younger than Bonnie? For some reason, I think Steven Ma would make a great Cheurk Yat Hong.
    Yes, Bonnie is 6 years older than Savio. Isn't Cheuk Yat Hong suppose to be younger than Yuk Lou Sat? Are you referring to Steven Ma Jing Tao?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostdarTeal'c View Post
    when did she ever had one? somebody wanna refresh my memory?

the last screen capture of the 1980s Bride with White Hair, the hair is hideous!!
    I think akayami djiho is referring to Ada's sworn dad's daughter, which make Ada as the older sister...am I making sense? lol She played quite a few supporting roles in the mid 90's and I don't remember her name. The last I've seen of her was in Against the Blade of Honor.

The hair is outrageous but I think it looks a bit nicer and groomed up than Ada's and Bridgette's version lol

Btw, I think there's an early 80's Taiwan version(not Julian Chi Lam & Shui Ling) starring Meng Fei and Angela Pan Yin Tze. Anyone seen this version before or am I making it up?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.tvbsquare.com/images/JingYong/roch84b.jpg')

Uh huh, you are trying to distort and curve my little comment, which you seem not to take it well lol Ada primitive acting stage did not impress me which include her portrayal in the TVB version.
    Not distort, but reveal the underlying truth. Anyhoooo, Ada's acting had always impressed me all the way back from All About Tin and The Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Versace
    Yes, Bonnie is 6 years older than Savio. Isn't Cheuk Yat Hong suppose to be younger than Yuk Lou Sat? Are you referring to Steven Ma Jing Tao?
    Is he supposed to be younger? Hmm...not too sure. Only six years? My initial thoughts had a much higher number, but I guess six it is. Maybe Savio just looks good for his age? No, not Steven Ma Jing Tao. I'm referring to the Steven Ma that works at Wal-Mart.

I think akayami djiho is referring to Ada's sworn dad's daughter, which make Ada as the older sister...am I making sense? lol She played quite a few supporting roles in the mid 90's and I don't remember her name. The last I've seen of her was in Against the Blade of Honor.
    oh yeah, Tit San Wu, now it's makin some sense i wouldve asked you for her name if you hadnt mentioned you dont remember

The hair is outrageous but I think it looks a bit nicer and groomed up than Ada's and Bridgette's version lol
    frankly speaking i like both the latter versions than *cough* what's her name again? *cough* hairstyle. that hair looks utterly ridiculous! it's better to have the hair down and untied, at least it gives off this scary look for them... but then thats just me
    Da One and Only,
    ghostdarTeal'c

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Idols: Mark Dacascos and Vicki Zhao Wei
    Fav Artists: Zhang Tie Lin, Cheng E Kin, Vin Diesel, Jet Li, Amy Chan Sau Man, Michelle Rodriguez, Theresa Lee Yee Hong
    Fav Series: The Great General, Heroine of The Yangs, Huan Zhu Ge Ge I & II, Secret Battle of The Majesties
    Fav Movies: The Matrix I, G.I Jane, Fist of Legend, Drive, Gladiator, 2009 Lost Memories, So Close, Crying Freeman

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius; Commander of the Army of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor; Marcus Aurilius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife, and I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

- The Spaniard -

Omg thanks Guys! Her name is Bonnie Ngia . I knew that women from ROCH95 looks Familiar! I never knew it was her. I always thought that she was so beautiful! Yes I actually enjoy this version even though it's supper old, lol I still have this on VHS. I am a huge Ada Choi fan, but I must say that Bonnie did an outstanding job, yes much better then Ada at the time. Since Ada was still fresh! Oh and I soo wanted to cry at the end. Savio was soo handsome in the series also.

I felt that they didn't have much screen time together, I wish they did! You will enjoy whenever they meet one another, they are so cute together, he is so shy towards her and whenever he sees her he is so happy! I haven't rewatched it for almost 10 years now, thinking about it makes me want to watch it agian, Okay I'll start watching it agian, maybe I will do a review on spcnet lol. Thanks for the info, And the pics are so lovely thanks guys! please post more pics if you have any!